Werewolves just know

Bloodbunny

Hiro looked confused at the mention of a stray wolf, he used to be a lone wolf and he ended up joining Tate's pack so what did they do if the came across a stray wolf, it was obvious that if he was on his own the answer was to return to the den as soon as possible.

"What do we do if we run across a lone wolf?" Hiro finally asked after awhile of steeping in his own thoughts.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodbunny

• YellowPerch

Tate looked over at Hiro and thought about his question. "To be honest it's completely up to you. I've come across lones before. But they were never a threat so I left them alone. Those who tried to venture on to these lands were stopped. Not that I wouldn't except more pack members." Tate quickly added that last statement as to not upset Hiro. "Most lones venture into other packs lands by accident and will quickly leave as soon as they can. But there's few who have the intent of strictly challenging the alpha and taking the pack as his own."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiro didn't like the sound of that he wanted Tate to always be in control he was a good leader.

"I don't want you to loose your title." Hiro paused.

"Not that I don't hink your strong some people just fight dirty."

Tate let a small chuckle escape through his muzzle. "Yes, I'd rather not lose my position either." He lifted his paw and placed upon one of Hiro's own and smiled gently. "I can promise you though, I will not lose to another wolf. If I can survive from a bear attack, I believe I can win against another wolf."

Tate had fought other wolves before. In fact after he fought his brother for position of alpha, he fought one other wolf for the same thing. He was confident in his strength to win.

Hiro nodded softly.

"Im just worred as anyothrr person would be...after all we never know those wounds could reopen or slow you...I'm just worried Tate." Hiro restated once again. He was worried the other had just got out of the hospital and now was mentally ready to fight but that didn'tmean he was physically.

Tate understood why Hiro was nervous. Heck, even Tate himself was. There was nothing more worrisome then wounds reopening and forcing you to weaken against another enemy. If that were to happen, Tate was afraid he wouldn't be able to fight at his best and would lose his pack.

But he couldn't worry about that now. If the time came for him to fight, then he would. That was just who he was. He couldn't let some wounds keep him down and out of the fight. Tate pushed his muzzle into Hiro's shoulder. "We will worry when the time comes. For now, we are safe from any sort of challenging wolf."

Hiro moved as closely possible as he could be to the other wolf without being directly below him.

"Yeah I guess your right." Hiro paused before looking beyond the point where the treeline became clearly more disperse just a few feet away from the den almost like they were in a clearing.

"Besides only a coward would try to take over a pack with a harmed Alpha." Hiro was right in a way although itwould also be clever for a lone wolf to do so.

Tate felt the other move closer but didn't do anything. The warmth of the other felt good against the wounds that were still trying to heal. "If word got out that a wolf challenged an alpha while injured, he'd probably never get the respect of a single wolf. However, challenging one and winning against a healthy alpha is a different story."

Tate fell silent for that moment as he thought about fighting another wolf. His brother really didn't challenge him. It was more of a goodbye spat then a real challenge. Even the other wolf he fought, he was new to the world of lone wolf and challenged Tate prematurely. They barely got far enough into the fight before Tate had the wolf returning to his original pack and asking forgiveness.

He didn't want to think he would lose to another wolf. Tate was confident in his strength. He just wasn't sure what would happen if the time ever came. "We don't have to worry about it now. And if we do, I'll protect you and the others."

Hiro settled a bit at the mention of the fact the they wouldn't have to fight. Hiro sighed deeply and rested agansit the other remmbering how he had been chased dwep into the woods by the wild dogs then found by Tate ir was amazing how quickly they grew on eachother and now he was terrifed of losing him.

"I want to learn to to fight properlyeither way though I need to be able to chip in."

Hiro remembered back to hoe he hurt his leg and how everyone babied him untill it healed, at the time he was annoyed but now he was rather glad.

Tate welcomed the pressure and warmth of the others body beside him. It felt like just yesterday he had been following the sent of the wild dogs and came face to face to Hiro. He had a heard time welcoming him in completely at first, and an even harder time excepting Hiro as his mate. But Hiro had grown on him quickly over the days the spent together. It hurt him now to think he'd lose him.

Tate hummed in response. "When my wounds have completely healed, I can teach you myself. It's about time even. The pups started to learn how to use their talents." Tate rested his chin upon Hiro's neck. "You've already chipped in enough around here."

Hiro sighed softly feeling as if he still hadn't fone enough.

"Alright lets just that I'd like to do more to help." Hiro stated, hr was rather ecictrd about learning to hunt and mayhe even helping the pups learn to hunt.

"Will I get to help the pups learn to hunt too?" Hiro was exicted at the idea of helping the pups learn hoe to fight and hunt but was also curious.

"Well, when the time comes we will see what we can have you do. How's that sound?" Tate smiled, though Hiro wouldn't be able to see it.

Tate's ears pricked up at the mention of helping the pups learn. "I don't see why you couldn't. Unlike the pups, even if you haven't hunted before, you can run off instinct alone." Tate began licking Hiro's scruff.

Hiro smiled slightly at the idea a little saddened that his options aren't endless but still happy that he can do things.

"That sounds good." Hiro said happily.

Hiro liked the fact that even if he wasn't trained that he'd be able to help teach the pups due to the fact that he had been around long and his instinct had developed more over time then the pups which had plenty of time ahead of them from adulthood. Hiro smiled and relaxed a bit feeling a bit tired from the hunt.

Tate felt Hiro relax against him and stopped licking his scruff. As if sensing he was tired, Tate allowed the other to rest and looked over his pack. The brothers rested near each other, koi obsessing over Hal's injuries even though they had healed better then Tate's had at this time. His mother and Rein were watching the pups prance about and play. It was a small pack. But when the pups were old enough they would add to their hunting numbers. However after that, their numbers would remain. So he thought. He didn't realize what his future would bring him.

Hiro eventually fell asleep agansit Tate and slept for a while before waking up from a nightmare with a jolt springing to his feet his chest heaving.

Hiro had dreamed that the wild dogs were back and they had ran into the grounds after wveryone fell asleep and mangled the pups. After realizing everything was ok he settled down a bit but was still quite uneasy.

The two had laid together for some time before Tate had felt Hiro fall asleep beside him. He smiled and closed his own eyes, though he stayed awake and aware the whole time.

Hiro had actually slept for some time. And by the time he was jerked awake, Tate had actually gotten up to go and play with the pups. For they 'snuck' up on him and tackled him only to begin a play fight. When he jerked away Tate took notice and looked over at the other as one of the pups but down on his tail

Hiro eventually got up and made his way over to take his voice still a little shaken.

"Tate I just had a horrible nightmare...the whole pack was asleep and the wild dogs from before hurt the pups badly.' Hiro said in a voice just above a whisper.

"Do you still think that the wild dogs are out there? Sure I got rid of one of them but what if their mad now? What if they want revenge." Hiro whined at the though of the wild dogs returning, the same dogs that had hurt him and chased him for what seemed to feel like a eternity

Tate allowed the pups to tackle and bite down on his tail. He'd swish it around so they would have to catch it first. He let a small smile play on his lips as Hiro came over and explained his awful nightmare.

"There's no way that will happen. The pups are heavy sleepers, but there's no way the rest of us wouldn't be able to here a bunch of dogs creeping up on us. They don't know how to be quiet on their feet."

His tail was caught and one of the pups bit down hard, causing Tate to let out a small growl. But he allowed the pups to continue. Tate leaned forward and nuzzled Hiro for comfort.

"We'll keep the pups in the back of the den when we sleep. If the dogs come, we will be the first they deal with."

Tate was a bit relieved at that.

"That makes me feel a bt better it was probably just anxiety over the thought I mean they did brake my leg." Hiro watched the pups and couldn't help but laugh a bit as the pup bit down on his tail.

"We should have your tail wrapped or something so it doesn't hurt when you play with them." Hiro liked the company of the pups alot but he had a small more fragile frame so playing with that many wa sout of the question unyill he gained som muscle.

"To hink one day we'll have our own pups."

Tate nodded at Hiro's response. "It's a possibility. For someone venturing into the wilds for their first time, it would be rather traumatic to come across such rapid beasts." Tate wanted to make sure Hiro always felt comfortable here. This was his home now. Hiro was his mate now. He'd do anything he could to make the other happy.

At the mention of his tail being wrapped Tate snickered. "Nah, it's alright. The bastard just had some sharp ones on him is all." He was the runt of the litter, but he put up his fair of a fight. His brothers and sisters were bigger, some with better brute force. But the runt made up for it with his speed, tactics, and really sharp teeth.

When Hiro mentioned them having their own litter, Tate nearly chocked. Had he been drinking, he'd spit it all out. It wasn't that he didn't know. He just wasn't thinking about it, and it surprised him. But he found himself satisfied with the thought. He smiled at Hiro. "That is a day I can hardly wait for Hiro." He looked back down at the pups running around him, tackling each other with such a soft smile it could melt anyone's heart. He looked back at Hiro. "Tonight after the evening hunt...Hiro, I want to hold you again." His eyes showed no hesitation in them at all.

Hiro laughed softly as he watched the trouble maker of the bunch.

"He kinda reminds me of you very clever." He smiled watching the pups run around Tate. He was suprised the pups never bothered him he'd proably have to deal with that when he had his own he laughed slightly at the thought of future mischievous pups .

Hiro smiled as he heard that the other wanted pups .

"To see a whole bunch of little you and me would be adorable and fun to raise them."Hiro leaned agansit a rock watching the pups untill Tate began speaking again grabbing his attention.

"It's getting close to my next heat again soon." Hiro nuzzled Tate.

"You should have seen me when I was there age. I gave the entire pack trouble." He laughed at his own adventures when he was younger. His siblings always ended up in trouble because of him, but they always went along with him.

The thought of having pups look like him or Hiro running around made his heart beat heavily. He always wanted a family, that beyond just the pack. And thanks to Hiro it could truly come true. The pups found something else that caught their attention and ran off, leaving Tate and Hiro behind. Tate rested beside Hiro as he lay against a rock and let him nuzzle against him.

"I...I want to hold you more Hiro. Always, with the arms of my human form. When your in heat, when your not. Is that bad?"

Tate wasn't sure if he was allowed to feel they way he did. But he couldn't help it. He didnt want to leave their love to nights filled on natural animal instincts. He wanted it no matter the circumstances.

Hiro's heart nearly melted at the thougt of what Tate would have looked like as a pup.

Hiro was silightly confused at the others shyness.

"Love theres no need to be shy wha your feeling is perfectly normal, I'm just stating that when my heat comes around you won'tbe able to get me off of you...ist perfectly fine to mate without being in heat wevefone it before actually. " Hiro played with the others ear .

"As long as you cab still walk I'm up to it."

Tate chuckled as his ear was played with. He was glad Hiro was willing to abide by his crazy want to take him. He wanted to hold Hiro when ever he could, it didn't matter what they were doing at the moment. In fact he was having a hard time holding himself back right now.

"I can run if I wanted to just to be able to hold you." Tate lowered himself in front of Hiro while the other still played with his ear. He groaned quietly. "To be honest Hiro. I want to hold you right now."

Hiro paused for a moment ane looked around he was very embarsseed at the thought of being seen.

"If we can move to a more private place I wouldn't mind at all...I'm just a bit shy about this sort of thing." Hiro stated , he wanted the other as well but was worrried about being seen.Hiro stood up.slowly.

"If you want we could go to the place we first mated... if you want to."