Werewolves just know

Bloodbunny

Nira nodded at Hiro's acceptance of masking the smell. She didn't think it would help for very long. She shook her head when Hiro apologized for her losing her mate. Nonsense, it wasn't your fault he left. Besides, I'm quite happy with just us. And Tate takes care of them like they were his own. I'm glad he accepted us into his pack. Nira followed Hiro's gaze as he watched Tate. By now the smell must have come out enough, because he was prancing about with Kou. He stopped when he saw Rein return with the herb and took it from her when she passed it to him. He nodded in thanks and returned to the den. He found Nira laying beside hiro and twitched his right ear.

Nira took this as a sign that he was confused by their closeness, but didn't want to push her away. She nodded towards Tate, then pushed her nose against Hiro's nape before calling her pups to follow her out of the den. Tate sat and watched her until she left the den, her pups behind her. Then he began chewing the herb so it was sticky in his mouth. He turned to Hiro and stood up, spitting the herb on Hiro's leg. This will help with the pain. But we're going to have to get that fixed up, you know? He sat back down once again, staring at Hiro. He was trying his hardest to ignore the smell. Which seemed to work for now with the scent of the herb in his mouth.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodbunny

• YellowPerch

Hiro relaxed when the other assured him he'd do fine.

"Nira just told me all about scents..." Hiro flinched at the sudden gooeyness on his leg.

"She said that when wolfves are overstimulated by a certain smell that they have found their soul mate." Hiro nuzzled the others neck resting against him.

" You don't need to pretend not to notice and try to fight it, we were chosen by fate."Hiro smiled softly.

"Hopefully you'll get use to it." Hiro relaxed in tates paws.

"Heh, I never got your name."

Before Tate had moved away from the other wolf, Hiro had nuzzled his nose against Tate's nape. The wolf flinched at the touch before returning to his sitting position. He heard the other talking about scents. And soon rose the answers he had been trying to hard to figure out. Soul mate!? But that's- We- He trailed off when Hiro nuzzled against his paws. Tate didn't move, instead sat in a frozen state. His ears perked up straight however, the feeling of the other resting against him comforting. He shook his head, trying to ignore it, but the other was clearly not moving away. Tate relaxed his body a little and watched Hiro. He mumbled out his name when the other asked. It's Tate...

Hiro smiled softly.

"Well Tate I know you don't believe me but just think about how my scent makes you react, no one else around you acts that way but if you looks at me as your soul mate does it all make sense?" Hiro yawned softly.

"Relax Tate and let the information sink in over time." Hiro smiled softly, Hiro's eyelids grew heavy as he yawned once more.

"I still can't believe that we found each other when you look at how many wolves there are in the world." He mumbled as he began to doze off

Tate watched the other as he spoke out softly. Think about the smell? The smell is what's making me go crazy. But at Hiro's consistent talk about how the smell made Tate feel and none of the other wolves, then he stopped talking. He noticed how the other yawned and relaxed into Tate's paws. Was he really going to just fall asleep in the middle of their talk? What was Tate supposed to be thinking about, anyway? What was he supposed to sink in? When Hiro yawned a third time before his eyes closed and he slowly dozed off, Tate started to think maybe it wasn't so bad to feel this way. He looked away at the walls of the den and stayed still. He didn't want to wake the other, by the looks of it he needed the sleep. So Tate decided to stay with him until he was completely asleep before he was able to move away and leave the den.

Hiro soon was fast asleep and didn't feel when the other male left , as time passed Hiro woke up and looked around confused to why the other wasn't there with him. Hiro whined as his stomach growled

Hiro tried his best to get up and walk and ended up pulling himself to a river which he laided beside and attempted to catch fish which swam by him.

When Hiro had woken up again, Tate was off hunting. The pups kept bothering him about eating some food and eventually he gave in to their pestering. The only ones who stayed behind were Nira and her pups and one of the elder wolves.

The elder wolf, Pei, saw Hiro struggle his way to the nearest river for a drink of water and followed him. As soon as he settled himself at the river she stepped over to him and introduced herself. 'Hello, Hiro. I'm Pei. How are you feeling?'

Pei was Tate's mother and he had left it up to her to watch over Hiro while he was gone.

Hiro looked up at the elder wolf and a Hiro smiled .

"Nice to meet you Pei." Hiro catch a fish but it slipped right out of his paws.

"I'm doing alright still a little sore but I'm sure that's normal." Hiro eventually caught a fish and smiled proudly.

Hiro began to make his way back after eating the small fish .

"I'm assuming you were told to watch over me since you don't seem to have come here for water." He stated as he limped his way back to the den .

Pei watched as Hiro caught a fish and smiled in triumph. His first attempt hadn't gone so well. I'm glad to hear that. It's going to be a little while before your leg heals properly. But I'm sure Rein can't help you with that. She is the best. She let out a small laugh at the thought. When he started to head back to the den he asked her about being here. Ah yes, Tate did ask me to watch over you. But merely because your still injured, nothing more then that. She didn't want to think she was watching him just for the fact he wasn't allowed to leave. Tate just wanted to make sure he didn't hurt himself anymore then he already had.

Hiro looked around the den.

"Speaking of Tate where is he?" Hiro asked after he didn't see any sights of Tate being around at all.

"I feel rather useless unable to go around hunting when I should be." Hiro laided down and dug at the ground.

"Is there anything I can do to help out?"

When they returned to the den Nira's pups all came bounding towards them. They ran around in circles before the mother herself called them back and to stop bothering them. Pei smiled at the two, remembering when Tate ran around recklessly as a pup. The poor she-wolf never got a break having to watch him every hour of the day. Oh Tate has gone hunting with the rest of the pack. The pups were getting rather hungry. She looked back over the endless forest surrounding them. He should actually be back soon. Pei sat next to Hiro as he asked about helping around the den. Oh goodness no. Your injured leg would never be permitted to be stressing itself. Tate will make you rest until it's healed no matter what. As soon as your better I'm sure you'll be hunting with him and the pack soon. She smiled at the other before looking back out at the forest.

Hiro frowned slightly but nodded softly.

"Perhaps I could mind the pups every now and again? I wouldn't mind at all." Hiro watched the forest sniffing the air as he smelled Tate coming closer his tail thumped on the ground excitedly.the thought of one day hunting with others and wrestling and that sort of thing filled his mind and he was overcome with happiness.

Pei looked back at Nira at Hiro's hope to do something. Even if it was watching over the rambunctious pups. Nira nodded in approval. Pei smiled back Hiro, noticing his tail thumping happily on the ground. She sniffed the air and even she could tell by how close Tate and the pack was to the den now. And they had something delicious with them. I'm sure when your able to walk a little better, the pups will love to have you watching them.

Soon enough Tate was coming back out of the forest. He and Hal were dragging an entire deer carcass behind them as the other's vended off vultures and other troublesome animals. When they dropped the carcass near the den everyone waited for their go ahead to eat. The pups were still young, so they hadn't understood this behavior yet, therefore they we already chowing down on food. Tate stepped beside Hiro and lowered his head. You eat first before the others.

Hiro looked up at the other in confusion as to why he was to go first out of everyone, not wanting to go agansit Tate's word he ate a chunk out of the deers neck before laying back down next to Tate, Hiro rubbed his back agansit the ground trying itch himself.

Once Hiro had taken the first bite and returned to Tate's side, he nodded at the other's allowing them to now eat. Normally in a wolf pack, the alpha would be the first to eat and once they were done, the rest of the pack was able to eat its full. But Tate was different, made sure his pack was well fed first before he was. But the elderly and the injured always had a go first. Then the milking mothers and then the rest of the pack. The pups when they knew when to hold their desires to eat would join the young numbers of the pack and eat after those who were given first choice. Tate laid down next to Hiro, deciding to wait his turn for the food.

Hiro nuzzled Tate's neck slightly almost as if he were saying welcome back Tate, but Hiro kept to himself instead of snuggling and nuzzling the life out of the other wolf, Hiro felt so sleepy be was assuming that it was due to his injury that his body was forcing him to sleep although Hiro wanted to stay wake and see all the excitement.

A loud distand howl reached Tate's ears as he sat up quickly looking in the direction of the howl fear in his eyes.

"I-Its Leon." Hiro looked to Tate.

"I'm in no state to fight what should I do?" Leon was a wolf with a bit more of an obsession then a crush on Hiro and had caused issues before for him.

Tate had felt the other nuzzle against his neck, but didn't move away. The entire time he was out hunting, he kept thinking about what the other said. Should he really just except that this wolf was his mate? A male no less. After awhile he started to think that maybe it hadn't been so bad. In his were form he never really cared about mating or sexuality and all those things. But in his human form he very slowly noticed he watched males more so then he did females. Maybe this wasn't all a bad thing?

Suddenly a distant howl sounded off through the trees of the forest. Tate's hackles stood on end as Hiro jumped up in fear. He stood up himself, growling at the direction of the howl. Who the hell was that?! Why is he in my territory?! He looked at Hiro for a moment before he answered the call of the other wolf with a howl of his own. A threatening howl, one that told him to get out or else.

Leon let of a louder howl that seem to get louder as it whent on since he was running towards the group of wolfves running at what seemed an impossible speed he jumped over the other wolfves snatching Hiro like a mother would her pup in his mouth, Leon gave Tate an intimidating look .

Hiro whimpered in pain as he was suddenly snatched so fast and roughly then dangled with his body still swaying as he tried to escape Leon.

Tate walked a few steps away from Hiro, getting closer to the other wolves whose hackles were on edge as his. The howl came louder and threatened Tate right back. Soon after the large wolf came charging out of the forest, jumping over the other wolves and snatched Hiro right between his teeth. Tate heard the painful whimper of the other and he instantly dropped into a fighting stance, baring his teeth at the intruding wolf. The other wolves surrounded them, making sure he wouldn't be able to escape, the pups ran back Nira as she ran into the den.

The other wolf was larger then Tate, standing on all fours a few inches above him. But that didn't intimidate him at all. In fact nothing from the other wolf did. The only thing he was upset about was how he was hurting Hiro. And if fate truly wanted the two to meet, then Hiro was now his. No one else's.

Leon threw Hiro over the other wolfves with the swing of his head before he turned towards Tate tackling him to the ground as he bit Tate, Leon only paused for a moment when he heard Hiro let our a heartbreaking howl

Hiro had hit the ground twice when he was thrown the first when he made contact the second when he bounced slightly when he tried to get his footing before finally hitting a tree that he was now curled up shuddering in pain beneath

Tate watched as the other threw Hiro over his pack like he was a dead duck. Hiro certainly had no weight to him for the other to just toss him. However, Tate didn't notice when the other moved, throwing himself at Tate and biting down on his neck. Tate let out a surprised cry and a small whimper. The other's teeth hurt, but it wasn't something he could handle. But soon the wolf let go of Tate, looking in the direction of where a howl of pain cried out. Tate's ears perked up at the sound. He knew exactly who it was. But before the other wolf could move from his spot Tate grunted at Pei and tackled the other wolf.

Pei flinched at Tate's grunt. She had certainly never heard such anger in his grunts before. But she ran off towards Hiro, knowing that's what she needed to be worrying about right now. She saw Hiro laying against a tree and ran to him. Hiro! Hiro are you all right? She lowered her head as she reached him, instantly trying to check to see if he was okay. She could hear the growls and barks of a fight happening above them.

Leon was caught of guard by the others tackle and was forced to the group kicking and wrestling Tate trying to get Tate off of him.

Hiro looked up in the direction Pei was speaking and it was clear Hiro was not ok he didn't even have to talk to know that there was blood dripping out of one of his ears and blood dripping down Hiro's face.

Tate wrestled the larger wolf, keeping his time occupied at him and not Hiro. The pack was doing a good job with making no escape possible for him. Tate jumped on the other's back and bit down hard on his shoulder blades. The rage in Tate's golden eyes was clear to anyone looking at them. He'd never been so angry before. Scratched that, just once, when he fought off the last pack member who challenged his mother.

Pei tried to lick at the blood, following it along to where his possible wounds were. The neck would looked deep just by looking at it. Hiro stay still. She continued to lick at the blood, washing it away from his face. She broke again to ask Hiro what the other was doing here. Hiro tell me, who is he and why does he want to cause you such harm. Her motherly instincts were kicking in fast. She hadn't had once to clean like this since Tate was a pup himself. She was dreadfully worried for Hiro.

Leon shook violently trying to get Tate off of him as he grunted in pain, Leon growled slaming Tate and Himself into the ground trying to get him off his back.

Hiro looked towards the circle.

"He was kind of a hunting buddy when I was a bit younger then he got to close for my comfort and cut strings with him, he was to fond of me for my comfort...he's been get stronger lately I really wish he would just give up."

When the other tried to shake him off he held on tight. Tate thrust his leg out at his head and scratched his ear, causing it to bleed. But clearly it did nothing to stop the other wolf. Then the wolf flipped over, slamming Tate and himself into the ground. Although Tate would have normally been able to stay on, his head had hit a rock pretty hard, causing him to release his grip on the other's back. Tate shook himself at the shook his body received from hitting the rock as he stood back up, facing the other wolf again.

Pei licked at Hiro's wounds some more, even when he looked up towards the circle of the pack. She stopped when she managed to stop his ear from bleeding. That boys eyes....they're frightening. I've never seen such eyes. She looked down at Hiro as she told him about the raging feelings she felt coming from the other wolf, she had seen her share of crazed wolves, but this one was far worse then those that she had seen before.