Paradoxical world (Bloody x Perch)

Bloodysadist

Kana shrugged all innocently at first, the cheesy smile just getting bigger seeing the other's reaction. It was funny to mess with Goto sometimes. Though once his wrist was grabbed, he heard his heart skipping a beat, without even realizing, taking a small bite of the corner of his lower lip. It wasn't that... he was being odd, just... for a moment, no. Nothing was happening with him. Nothing. Kana was almost on way to start sulking, being sure that Goto would start mocking him for wanting to learn how to fight, yet then the monk came.

The younger boy looked at both his friend and the monk, realizing the tension behind Goto's words, yet nodding slowly. He also didn't know anything about the older male behind himself.

"I am his mother's... brother. I knew his father as well. We were good friends. My name is Yoshikawa Sato. Yoshikawa Mayoko's brother - your mother - Kanase." The dark haired boy widened his eyes as he heard the name. He slowly pulled his wrist off Goto's grip, making few steps backwards. It was impossible. He have heard a lot of the Yoshikawa clan. They were one of the strongest daimyo here. A big and ancient clan, yet because the father was accused of being a traitor, the whole family was killed. Then... how was it possible? What happened actually? No... did he want to know?

"I know it's shocking, but... just listen to me. Your mother ran away along with me. Here. This is where we met your father... He saved us, yet.... because of the Prime Minister... because he wanted your mother for himself, he killed your father in the end... Your mother though... already had given a birth to you. But she was chased, so she decided to leave you in the forest, just when Yokuzawa-san was passing here. She trusted him and left you in good hands. She made this for you." No, that was too much. The Minister again. Kana could feel the anger taking over him. Darn, this person. So... his whole family... his real one and his second one - were all killed by him?

Kanase felt the burning pain from inside again - he was on way to transform. He felt down, taking a hold of his head, a small painful shout running out. The monk understood instantly and looked at Goto. He widened his eyes and leaned over the other's ear.

"You should stop him. He can't change again. We may not be able to stop him. Look, there is one thing that you can do, though... would you agree? The demon foxes are weak to psychical contact with the ones they think are important to them. I know, it sounds odd, but trust me, that's true. So... just go... and I don't know, hug or... do anything, while trying to calm him down with words. He can't change in his true form yet, before the training to be done." After these words, Sato pulled back, looking at Kanase, who was barely keeping inside his voice. He hated this pain he was feeling. He wanted it to stop. With his last strength, he looked up at both Goto and the monk, with his purple eyes, as if asking for help himself.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bloodysadist

• YellowPerch

Goto stared at the other monk until he got the answer he was looking for. But when he got his answer, his eyes widened in disbelief. Goto lost his grip around Kanase's wrist as the other took a step back, shaking his head. Goto watched the other carefully. He had herd stories of the clan himself, his father being the one to tell him. Although his father lived in the time they did, he never once saw them in person. However, he was there during the aftermath of the clans cleansing. The images that remained in his father's mind still haunted him today. Goto furrowed his brow after hearing the monk's story.

"How can I trust that is your own story? Anyone can come up with it." When the monk answered his question and continued his story. About how Kanase's mother escaped, how she met his father, how the Minister attacked them and killed them. Was it really all true. Goto was paying more attention to the monk and his possible lies, that he hadn't noticed when Kanase fell to the ground, clutching his head. The monk had caught it however, and his eyes widened. When Goto realized what he was looking at he ran to Kanase's side. He crouched down beside him and tried calling out to him. "Stop it!? Stop it how!? I don't even know what's happening to him!" Goto lashed out at the monk.

How was he supposed to stop his transformation? He said to hug him. Was hugging really going to work. Goto had no idea what to do. But when Kanase used what little strength he had to look up at him and the monk then Goto groaned and tried to calm him down. He didn't want to see Kanase in pain anymore. He pulled the other up towards him, pulling him against his chest. In a tight hug, Goto held on to Kanase. He called out his name in soft hushes and spoke to him. He hoped this would work. It was all he knew. He prayed as he tightened his grip around the other, holding him even closer to the solid of his chest. "Kanase....please. Calm down. Its okay. Im here."

Kana already stopped hearing whatever the other two were talking. Not only the pain was in its fault, but also everything he heard. He, himself, wasn't sure if he should trust the other, yet what else was left for him to do? Also, as he heard the story, something was actually showing him, deep inside, that the monk wouldn't lie. For a second, like a small memory that he made himself, Kana saw the beast inside himself. Actually a pretty beautiful boy, with way shorter then his, white hair. His eyes were purple, almost making you get lost in them. Nine beautiful and pure white tails were standing there, twitching slightly. The fox boy smiled at him, then disappeared, leaving him as shocked as ever.

Just before the full transformation to be done though, just now Kana realized that Goto was next to him. No, wait. He pulled him for a hug? He widened his big purple colored eyes and looked at the other male for a second, before to feel the hug tightening more and more. At first, unable to stop himself, Kanase scratched Goto's back with his nails, slightly deeper, as if trying to fight, growling quite threatening, yet after just a second he felt it. He, himself, wasn't sure how, nor why, but he actually calmed down. Slowly, he could feel his breathing normalizing, the anger slowly fading away, as he wrapped his both arms around his friend back all tightly, burying his face against the other's chest. He wanted to cry. Damn it, he so wanted to do that. Yet again, he couldn't. He shouldn't be.

After few seconds staying like that, hugging Goto as if the world was at its end, Kana felt something wet over the other's back, peeking at his hand and seeing the blood from the scratch, he widened his eyes, almost shouting out all shocked. What has he done? Gosh, he... he hurt his own... friend! Kana pulled back from the hug quickly, feeling his body shivering by the thought as he was looking with eyes full with guilt, while his bloody hand was shaking slightly. He wasn't even able to say anything. And what could he have said? He went too far...

Goto held on until he felt Kanase start to relax. But before he could the other tried to fight off. He felt the sting of Kanase's nails dig into the fabric of his clothes and rip it open, scratching Goto's back. He clenched his teeth, shut his eyes and groaned at the hurt he felt. But he still held on. Kanase would have been able to do anything to Goto, and he probably wouldn't mind. When he felt Kanase's body relax, he did as well. His body no longer tense from trying to calm the other down. He could hear his breathing return to normal and tell by how he hugged Goto back that he was in fact calm. However, just as soon as he did, Kanase retracted his grip. He held out his hand as it shook, covered in Goto's blood.

When Goto lost the balance of Kanase's body against his, he stumped over. The pain of his back was making it hard to keep it straight. He looked at Kanase as he shook, frightened of having hurt Goto. He looked at the blood stained hand and at his back, as much he could see. He flinched at the pain from turning, but did nothing to stop himself from doing so. When he turned back to face Kanase, he gripped his wrist. "Listen...Its not as ba-d as it looks." He wanted to make sure Kanase knew it wasn't his fault.

He smiled at Kanase, still holding his wrist. "You didn't know what was happening. Then suddenly I hel-d you. So..so its my fault, okay." Goto always made sure the blame fell on him and not Kanase. He knew the other wasn't some weak child anymore. But it was just in his blood to protect Kanase this way. Even after so many years of being together and watching each other grow. His personality towards Kanase would never change. Soon enough Goto's breath was getting a little raspy from the pain. He looked up at the monk. "Have any...oint-ment for this?"

At first he didn't even hear Goto's painful groan, until he pulled back and saw that he actually had scratched quite deeply. Still shaking, Kana looked up at his friend, peeking at his wrist, then at the other again, his gaze both totally lost, yet all innocent and worried. "But... I did that... W-what if.. I wouldn't be able to stop?" He lowered his gaze still all guilty. Yet listening to Goto's words he somehow calmed down in the end. One thing he would never do again and be careful about: To never hurt no matter why, Goto.

"I am still sorry. And.. let me treat the wound at least." Without even thinking twice, Kana mumbled to words out, seeing Sato behind them smiling a little, as he was already holding the oint-ment in hand, along with some peroxide and bandages, handing them to Kanase.

"I will go out for a bit. You two can eat after done with cleaning the wound." After saying that, the monk walked out, leaving the dark haired boy blinking a little confusing. The smile he had a second ago, it was odd. He shook his head though and looked at Goto, gesturing him to turn around and take his kimono off to the waist at least. Actually, thinking about that, for the past few years, as they both grew up enough, that was the first time actually saw his friend's bare back, just now realizing how much the other was actually training. So that's why he was that strong? Kana looked aside a little embarrassed, taking a small piece of cotton and pouring a little bit of the peroxide, gently running the small piece over the scratched place. It wasn't as bad as he thought, yet still deep enough to cause a lot of pain. Kana sighed and slowly started cleaning the wound while nibbling on his lower lip from time to time. "Tell me if it hurts... a lot and.. um.. I will s-stop or dunno..." The younger boy mumbled, feeling quite embarrassed from doing that, yet he had to. At least that, he could do.

At Kanase's panicked response of possibly not being able to stop Goto shook his head again. "You'll stop. Because I'll be the one to stop you." Goto smiled the best he could through the pain of his back. No matter what he had to go through, even at the risk of his own life, Goto would protect Kanase no matter what. When Kanase continued on, still stating his apologies, Goto wanted to say again it wasn't his fault. But Kanase interrupted him and demanded that he at least help clean his wound. Goto looked behind him as the monk returned, holding the supplies needed to clean his wound. Goto thanked the man with a nod. Then the man walked away, not first without letting Goto notice the look on his face. Smiling? At what? Goto would have to find that out later.

Kanase instantly ordered Goto to turn around and face his back towards him. Goto sighed with a smile and slowly turned around, making sure not aggravate the wounds too much. When he turned his back to Kanase, he slowly inched his arms out of the top half of his kimono, letting the upper half fall to his waist. Goto didn't have ripped muscles that were unnecessary. But he did have enough of a toned body where he could hold his own in his training. When Goto didn't feel the touch of medicine on his back he looked behind him. Of course as he did, Kanase was adding medicine to his back just then.

Goto flinched in pain as the medicine hit his wounds. Ointment was one thing, but peroxide? It was a demon medicine, that's what it was. "If it hurts?" He looked back behind him again at Kanase who had stopped putting medicine on his back after he flinched. "It needs to be cleaned. So even if its hurts, don't stop." He made sure his voice was serious enough to make Kanase understand it had to be done. But also not be too stern with him.

'Because I will stop you'? These words echoed in Kana's head for few seconds, while blinking quite clueless. Darn, his heart skipped a beat again. Why was this happening? It wasn't how he was normally feeling around Goto. And also it wasn't the first time they were spending so much time together, yet again.. these words. Kana couldn't help but smile.

Still kinda taken aback by the view in front of his eyes, the younger boy looked down at his own body for a moment, even though thinking till now that it was build well enough, now starting to doubt so. He was really feeling like a kid, compared to his friend. He felt the other turning around, yet not even once catching his gaze. It was still too embarrassing for him.

He was carefully cleaning the wound, mumbling a silent "sorry" a couple of times, as soon as Goto turned back to look at him again, avoiding his gaze as much as possible, just nodding at his words. He was done though, after few more seconds. It was some kind of relief, after all, he didn't like causing pain to his friend. Kana left the piece of cotton aside and took the ointment, gently applying it over the wounds. He was hoping that they would disappear soon enough. He didn't like the idea to leave any scars over Goto's body, no matter what.

Even though he finished applying the ointment though, without realizing, for a second, Kana ran his fingers all carefully over the other's whole back, a small smile popping over his face. His skin was so soft, he almost wanted to...As soon as he realized what has he been thinking about, the younger boy widened his eyes, pulling his hand back and taking the bandage all clumsily.

"I-I.. will um try to, yeah.. bandage. W-wait.." Kanase mumbled all stuttering, gulping nervously and instead of doing his work, he let the bandages fall on the ground again, getting them unrolling all over both of them. Gosh, why was he so... ugh, panicked? The dark haired boy nibbled slightly harder on his lower lip, silently trying to fix the mess he made around himself.

Goto continued to hiss and flinch at the pain of the medicine. Luckily within moments the peroxide had been applied and Kanase was now rubbing the ointment on his wounds. Unlike the peroxide, the ointment didn't hurt as much. But with medicine still being in the ointment as well, it still managed to sting. Finally Goto's wounds were cleaned and given medicine. He sighed, releasing the breath he held in. The wounds didn't seem all that bad from what he could see. But he wouldn't be surprised if half of one scratch or two ended up scarring over. Suddenly Goto felt fingers tracing down his back. He froze in place at the touch. Goto let Kanase touched him, running his fingers down his back. It actually felt rather good. In fact, he had hoped the other wouldn't stop.

Suddenly Kanase pulled his hand back and started stammering. His voice broke in parts, causing him to not finish his sentences. Goto turned around and watched as Kanase fumbled with the bandages. He dropped the roll, causing it to unroll. It rolled across his lap and he let out a laugh at Kanase's panic. It was a good hardy laugh. One that easily broke a serious mood.

Kana was quite surprised that Goto didn't even move because of the touches, making him feel even more awkward then before. He gulped again, while trying to roll back the bandages, literally jumping up like a scared rabbit, widening his eyes and looking at his friend at first a little confused, though as soon as he understood that the other rather enjoyed seeing him like that, he left the bandages aside and raised his hand, all threatening crawling to Goto.

"Youuu! Just stay there. I will... Gosh, Goto! You are mean!" He whined all childishly, grabbing the other by the lower part of the kimono to pull him a little bit closer to himself, just before to smack his head though, stopping and puffing his cheeks, looking all innocently sad at Goto.

"I am an angel, so I won't hit you. But but... at least heelp. Or I will scratch your chest this time and leave you like that!" Kana tried to sound as threatening as he could, yet in the end he started laughing as well at his own words. Gosh, they always had these silly times, that were causing a big good laugh, making them forget about everything, at least for a second.

Goto couldn't help his laughter, in fact, even when Kanase threatened him he laughed out. He tried to calm himself down as Kanase called him 'mean'. He liked the look of the other, it made him feel like somehow, he was the only one who could make him feel that way, look this way. When Kanase gripped hold of his lower Kimono and tried to pull him closer he tried pushing him away. Of course his attempts failed and Goto was threatened with a smack to the head. He closed his eyes and waited for the pain on his head to come. But when it didn't he opened one eye and looked at Kanase.

The other was pouting, puffed cheeks and all as he claimed he was an angel, therefore wouldn't hit him. With a snicker and a rise of his brow, Kanase threw another look at Goto. The man held up his hands, in defeat, a smirk still on his face. "All right, all right. I'll help." He reached for the bandage in his lap and began rolling it back up. He started to feel the cold of the ointment on his back and tried to tuck closer to the fire. He was glad even after what he had been through and heard, Kanase was still able to act like his usual self.

Kana was literally blinking all innocently at his friend, waiting for his answer to help him, doesn't even minding the snickering anymore, since he, himself, was laughing already. Once Goto agreed, he let go of his kimono and helped him to somehow roll the bandages back, while still small giggles were running out. It wasn't like he has completely forgotten about what has happened, just he wanted to stop thinking for a while and enjoy his time, because nobody knew what could happen in the next moment.

Once done with rolling the bandage, Kana made a sign for Goto to wait a little, as he started wrapping all carefully the bandages around the wounded place. After few minutes he was done, nodding by the good work he did. Kana got up, as he took as the stuff the monk gave him and walked to the small table in the center, leaving everything there.

"Let's eat? Even though... I feel like drinking something as well." Kanase shrugged his shoulders and smiled lightly, looking around for any plates, once he found them, taking two, along with the spoons, putting some of the cooked food and bringing the plates on the table. He sat down and just by the smell, his stomach started making sounds. After all he hasn't eaten anything for almost a whole day.

"Wanna go out and look around the place after that? We can pass through the river near here." Kana suggested while already eating from the food, finding it totally yummy. This monk knew how to cook, that was for sure.

Once the bandages had been rolled back up again, Goto turned back around under Kanase's directive. He still had a smirk on his face from the events of just now. But he wouldn't let Kanase see he was still laughing. Goto lifted his arms up so that Kanase had a better reach to wrap the bandages around him. When Kanase was done most of his upper body was covered in bandages. From under the arms down to just above his naval. When Kanase got up to put the supplies on the table Goto carefully replaced his kimono on his upper body. Slipping his arms through the arm sleeves and then fixing it back under the belt.

When Goto had finished fixing his kimono, Kanase had made is way to the soup. He found some plates and poured both his and Goto's portions in to them. He brought them to the table and set them down as Goto managed to get himself up off the floor with out opening his wounds. He sat down at the seat across from Kanase just as the other's stomach growled. Goto let out a small laugh. "Are you that hungry" He ate his own soup once he asked and found himself instantly going for another spoon. The food was delicious that was for sure.

When Kanase asked if he wanted to go outside, to walk along the river, Goto raised a brow. "Do you really think that's a good idea?" He took another bite of his food. "They might have given up their chase before. But they can easily be out their right now, looking for us." Goto wasn't how sure it was for them to leave the protection of this cabin just yet. He wans't even sure if they were safe running to another city.

"You should've stayed without the kimono, I liked the view." Kana said the words all playfully, yet totally jokingly. He surely would feel awkward if he should see his friend walking around with bare upper body.

As soon as Goto sat on the table as well, Kana instantly checked if his wounds were alright, sighing in relief, before to throw the other a playful glare.

"You have no idea how hungry." He said with his mouth full, swallowing and keeping on eating though, after just a minute or two already done with the meal. He thought about pouring himself one more portion, yet for now he gave up on the idea.

"Hmm, well if that's going to help, I can hear if they are going to come... And also the river is next to the house, so it's not even that far. You see, we won't go to the one we used to go before."Kana shrugged and stretched his arms up, already imagining the water and everything.

He opened his mouth to say something, yet ended up just waving his index in the air as a sign that he gave up on the idea. It wasn't like he couldn't say it, yet... for the past half hour, he was acting way too weird. Maybe he should reconsider his own behavior first, before saying anything else. Not that... he wasn't getting what could've happened, yet accepting it was just still too unreal.

"I want to drink so badly though." The younger boy said all sadly, looking around, then back at Goto. For a first time, he was craving for alcohol that much, even though, he was so weak to drinking.

Goto had actually considered leaving his kimono down. But the cold of the ointment made him want to pull it up. By the time he had finished eating, Kanase was already done. He could see the glances the other gave to the food over the fire as if wanting more. Goto had gotten up himself, going for seconds. He even grabbed Kanase's plate and poured him more. When he sat back down, he passed Kanase his plate. The other was already talking about going outside again. The river apaprently wasn't all that far, he supposed he could use a good walk near the water. Maybe they could even catch some fish for the monk to thank him.

Goto agreed to go outside. "I suppose it couldn't hurt. But I'm telling you now, if something happens you need to run. Forget about me and run, I'll try to hold them off." Goto was perfectly serious. While he held the men off, he would let Kanase escape. Goto noticed that Kanase wanted to say something. But quickly stopped himself. Goto decided he would let it go. But soon after Kanase was claiming he wanted to drink. Goto raised his brow. "You want to drink?" Goto knew very well how weak he was to alcohol. Goto however could hold his liquor well. Which is why he was always being asked to drink with the older people.

As soon as Goto up for a second plate and Kana's own one as well, he was already throwing his friend few all excited glances, once he got back his full plate, starting to eat all happily. Since very young, he was just eating way too much, yet he never gained enough weight.

Just before to finish his second plate though, Kana almost jumped up all happily. Goto actually agreed, which meant they could go and just relax there for a moment. Not that it was time to rest. Yet, once again, the younger boy tried to repeat himself that rushing back and thinking of revenges only, wouldn't help at all. Yet hearing the older male's words, he threw him a small frown. "If you want to die that badly, I will help you... But I wouldn't leave you to these traitors. I need you Goto. Here. By my side. With me." Kanase said the words as serious as his friend. He wasn't planning on letting the other die. He couldn't attend to lose him as well. That would be the end for him, for sure.

After few more minutes, Kana was already done with the eating, smiling and jumping up on his feet, gathering all his strength. He looked at Goto and smiled all brightly, as he pointed at the door. "Hurry up, let's go! I wanna go out already.." He mumbled all sulky like, while keeping the all cheesy smile on his face.

"I never said I was going to die you know? I just want you to run the opposite way." He crossed his arms when he finished his second helping of food, raising a brow again. "How weak do you think I am?" His tone was mocking, but his face was smiling. However, Goto couldn't let the words of how much he needed him go. Kanase always showed himself as a strong individual. He didn't think he needed Goto all that much. But then Kanase finished his food and instantly Kanase was jumping to get him to come as well. Goto laughed and slowly moved, standing on his feet. "All right, all right." When he stood up he started walking towards Kanase who was already by the door. Goto liked to see his smile. He hoped he could keep it there for as long as he lived.

Kana just shook his head, mumbling that nothing is going to happen. It was true. He wouldn't let anything happen on the first place. Just before to reach the door though, he remembered something, raising his index in the air. "Right. About the alcohol. I just feel like doing it. I think that all these transformations are being too much for me, for just a day." The younger boy let out a small chuckle, shrugging and as soon as Goto walked towards his direction, he opened the door.

The weather outside was surprisingly good, even kinda sunny. Just perfect for a small "shower" in the river. Without even waiting a second, Kana ran outside, taking a deep breath. The fresh air was also something good. After a good sleep and yummy meal, he couldn't ask for anything else. Just like... before his parents died. He would always go out and come here in the forest, playing or just relaxing in this place. "The forest of the myths" - that's how they called this place. And now, Kanase was a part of this magical place - his new home.

After few minutes of walking, the dark haired boy already could see the river. Aah, he wanted to just jump inside already.

"Look! Isn't it the perfect place, Goto?" He turned around to his friend, while his eyes were literally sparkling. He liked it in here. Yet, he missed his home.

Goto chuckled at Kanase reason for wanting to drink alcohol. He ruffled his hair as he stepped out of the cabin. "Why don't we wait a little bit for that." It didn't take them long to get to the river. The entire time he watched as Kanase happily bounced around him. The other male was truly happy to be outside. When they reached the river Goto stared at it in awe. He watched as Kanase turned to him, eyes sparkling with excitement. Goto smiled at the other as he stepped next to him. He nodded. "Yeah, this is amazing." He wanted to catch some fish, but just looking at the river and the area around it, he felt like he'd be doing wrong if he killed some fish.

At first Kana was about to disagree, but in the end he just gave up. Goto was right. Also, now thinking about this again, he couldn't let himself be so free when he was being chased. Maybe after the shower, he could even go check what's happening in the village. Even though he thought about giving up on the idea, something was just pushing him to do the opposite. Also, he had to meet someone. Maybe, just maybe, he could gain some more help. Yet, he had to go alone.

The river looked rather amazingly clear and all. It was even difficult to believe that such place actually existed. Everything was so pure. Just by the view in front of himself. Kanase was left speechless. So that was the "magical" forest's true beauty.

The younger boy threw a small look at his friend, a small chuckle running out. "Be careful not to fall down, Goto. You are like totally taken by the beauty of here, hmm?" He said kinda jokingly, as he took his way to some rocks right next to the river, taking a sit there.

Only if this whole thing hasn't happened, he would surely... want to bring his family here. "Family, huh?" Kana whispered silently to himself, a small nostalgic smile appearing over his face.

Goto has been staring in awe when Kanase decided to crack a small hint of a joke. Goto raised his brow at the other, but a small grin formed on his lips. He was unable to do anything back to the other when Kanase took off for the river. Goto too decided to get closer.

When he stepped closer to the other as he sat on a rock he heard him whisper out about his family. Goto rested his hand on Kanase's head. "You still have one family member left." Goto crouched down next to him.

Although they weren't blood related, the two spent so much time together as friends that they could have been believed to be brothers at the time. As they grew up, and soon enough started to look nothing alike, people stopped calling them brothers. But the feeling still remained. And Goto still thought of him as a family member.

Goto stood up again and went to sit on another rock. Because of his bandages, he wouldn't be able to just dunk himself in. But he would be able to stand up to his waist. That didn't sound like a bad idea. So he would try it in a little bit.

With a small grin still on his face, Kana glued his gaze at the river for a second, yet feeling the hand of the other male, he peeked up at him, nodding slowly. "That's true. I have you." He smiled a little, then turned his head back forward, few small memories from when they were younger running through his head. It was kind of true. Even though they weren't brothers by blood, he was still thinking of the other as a real brother. After all, he was the only kid in the Yokuzawa clan.

Kana stood up a second after Goto, just to take off his kimono, so he could go inside the river. He so much preferred the water here, then the cold shower into the monk's house. Without even waiting twice, as soon as the cloth was no longer on him, he slowly made his way inside the river, throwing a small gaze at Goto.

"Are you gonna be okay, coming inside? The bandages.." Kanase looked at the other kinda worried, yet in the next moment, as he saw some fish passing between his legs, he widened his eyes and all quickly tried to catch it, for a second his eyes going slightly purple again, yet instantly returning to their normal color. He couldn't help it. After all he was from parts a fox, even though a demonic one, his instincts were just as the ones of a real fox.

He managed to catch the fish after failing the first time though, raising it in the air all happily to show it to Goto. "Look, look! Our food~" He said rather too happy, though in the next moment, as the fish was still moving into his palm, it managed to get freed and plopped back in the river, leaving Kana all speechless staring at his hand.

Goto watched Kanase closely. Even though he was undressing his kimono to get into the water. He wasn't one to stare at naked men, rarely ever naked women. But for some reason his eyes always found Kanase. He always watched the other when he had the chance.

When Goto decided to go in the water he had begun to remove his kimono. He heard Kanase call out to him. "Ah, i should be fine so long as i dont go past my waist." He then started walking into the water. The water felt amazing. So much better then the water he washed himself with in the monks house.

As soon as he got in the water he watched as Kanase found himself a game to catch some fish. He snickered as he watched the other. Then he got the fish and Goto's smile grew. But when the fish slipped out of his hand and Kanase looked dejected, Goto laughed out again.

Kana didn't even feel when Goto was watching him, being probably too deep into his own thoughts, yet he, himself, took few glaces as the other took his kimono off. He was trying not to stare. He knew he shouldn't, but for a second he was just taken speechless by the body of the other male. Yet once again, before any odd thought to cross his mind, he looked aside, nodding at the other's words.

"It'd be great if could play a little in here though. But next time!" The younger one said with a small smile on his face, seeing the smile of Goto though, making his heart beat a little bit faster. This odd feeling again. Maybe that was the reason for him to let the fish escape, trying to figure out what was wrong with him. As soon as his friend started laughing though, he instantly stopped any other thought and threw him a small glare, whining.

"Yah, Goto! Only if you weren't bandaged I'd push you in the water!" Kana threw a small threat again, crossing his arms, yet almost instantly feeling it all passing, deciding to just let it go and walking a little bit further, then lying over the water. It was so refreshing. The sun was also showing in between the trees, warming the weather a little bit more. Kana wished this one moment would last forever, yet it wouldn't.

Goto's laugh ended when Kanase threatened him. Had he not been wearing bandages he was sure the other's words would have come reality. He let his laugh die down into a snicker before the other turned around and floated in the water. Goto watched him for a little bit before Goto looked up at the sky. It was amazing. The river was one thing, but the way the trees surrounded the river, and allowed the sun to shine upon the water made it even more amazing.

Goto stood in his spot and closed his eyes. The warmth of the sun, the cool of the water, it made his body feel refreshed. The tired and soreness of his running just yesterday was gone in an instant. A smile crossed his lips as his hands fell at his side, they floated up in the water. He dug his toes into the sand below. Truly, if he hadn't been wrapped in bandages, he would have further enjoyed this moment.

Goto found a rock at just the right height so he could rest against it. He walked over to the rock, resting the front of his body against it. His upper body stayed out of the water and the sun hit down on the rock perfectly. He was so content that Goto probably would have fallen asleep. He crossed his arms in front of him and rested his head in them. Closing his eyes Goto absorbed the sun and the feeling of the water.

Kana didn't wait a moment more and started swimming around while totally enjoying everything. One thing he was thankful about: He learned how to swim when he was young. His father insisted him to, no matter what and right now, he was so thankful about that.

While he was enjoying his small swim though, he saw Goto walking to some rock, where he could rest, a small smirk popping on his face. He used the chance that the other had his eyes closed, all silently swimming to him and pulling his leg slightly, just to scare him, instantly getting out of the water, just his lower part left under the water, ready to catch his friend though in case he was on way to fall in the water because of him.

The younger boy grinned widely, all innocently looking at Goto, just then noticing the monk walking toward their direction. He was probably having in hand some kind of fruits or something to eat, seeing his smile though, rubbing the back of his neck.

"So this is where you two were?" He heard Sato shouting out, yet rather all excited. Kana nodded his head and gave the older male a small smile, seeing him pointing back at the road they came through.

"I am going to prepare something for you to eat. So enjoy your time!" He heard the monk shouting out again, before he turned around and took his way back home.

"Well, I guess we have some more time." Shrugging, Kanase looked at Goto and stick his tongue out. "You have no idea how much I wanna mess with you." He said kinda sadly that he couldn't actually do it, lying back down over the river.