The Stay At Home Lamb w/ Coffee-Tastic and Beatlechan

Coffee-Tastic

Being alone for a week wasn't that bad, Mochiri has been without his older brother for that long before, but knowing there was still the whole rest of the month, he was starting to be unsure of what to do. He'd spend time out in the back of their house, playing with the cat, and watch television or play video games all day long. He'd skype and call with his brother, but he'd be tired and sleepy usually, not being so much fun like that.

The lone brunet found himself in the kitchen, picking up a box of cake mix from the back of one of the cabinets, far behind all the boxes of different cereals. Mochiri remembered baking a cake with his big brother before, but he didn't remember how to do it that well. He read the back of it, but trying to do it himself, he got bits of eggshells in the bowl and put too much milk inside, making it incredibly soupy. "... I can't do this." He dumped the cake soup mess he made down the drain and felt rather discouraged. The boy needed it for today badly, so he looked at his door, wondering something...

Mochiri contemplated this for a while, if he should stay home like his brother always told him to, or go outside to the neighbor and get help for the cake. It was really important to him, so he did leave. In his clothes, which were a pajama set of sheep patterned top and pants with plush slippers, he wandered out to the next house. And he was not the age to be wearing that, especially just becoming twenty years old, making him look different... He knocked on the neighbors door and as soon as he heard the door click from someone open it up, he beamed and lifted up a new, unopened box of lemon cake batter, "Happy afternoon, sir! Sorry to bother you, but do you know how to make a cake?"

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• beatlechan

• Coffee-Tastic

Nao sighed when he heard the door. Hoping it wasn't anyone he knew. He didn't tell anyone he had the day off for that reason. He hasn't been off in 3 months and wanted quiet time. He was in the middle of doing his set of 100 pushups when he heard the door. He tsked and pushed himself up standing not bothering to grab a shirt. He swung the door open and looked at this young person in this weird getup. He was shocked by the appearance. Then he heard the crazy out of the blue question. "A cake yes why? How old are you? Are your parents home"?

To Mochiri, the man's question was the one out of the blue, making a face when he was asked about his age and about his parents, "My parents don't live with me and my brother..." he shamelessly stared at the other's body, blinking, "And I just turned twenty... I don't know why you asked, but I hope my answers made you happy!" He looked back up to the man's eyes again with that same brilliant smile, "I was hoping to get some help with the cake. I've never made one by myself and I'm just having some..." he remembered the mess he made of the last cake batter and pressed the box to his body, "Um. Technical difficulties. Can you help me? It's important. Please?"

Nao chuckled inwardly when he saw the younger man stare. "20 huh? I'm sorry you like like you're 16. I don't mean to offend. You just look young for your age. And yes I can bake anything. What cake did you attempt"? Nao secretly checked the younger man out. He was cute as a button, very easy on the eyes. If he dressed his age he'd be hot. Nao snapped out of his daydream. Thinking about anything like that was the last thing he needed. He just got out of an iffy relationship and he needed to recover from that. He sighed. "OK I guess I'm not busy. I can help you. This is a one time thing though OK? Let me grab a shirt and keys". Nao walked back into the house going to the bathroom washing up quickly since he was sweaty. He changed clothes grabbed his keys and cell and walked over with Mochiri.

Happy, the boy nodded, "I'm not supposed to be going outside by myself anyways, so this is my one-time thing too!" Having something in common with the man, he was glad to have him as his neighbor, "I can't thank you enough, sir, I'm really happy... Oh! And its a lemon cake, see?" Mochiri practically shoved the cake box in Nao's face, but thankfully, he brought it back to his chest just as quickly as he had done it, going ahead and going to his door, which he had left wide open since he only was going to take a minute, "It was going to be strawberry-flavored cake at first, but I messed up. That's why I came outside and asked for help... Don't mind the mess here, I don't keep up with cleaning until I lose something I need." There were puzzle pieces by the front door, stuffed animals sitting in odd places and there was a fort there made up of sofa cushions, more blankets and the shades off the lamps around the living room.

Nao looked around the house confused seeing toys and things all over the place. He wonderedbif there was a small child around. He saw the wreck in the kitchen and gasped. "I'm sorry there is no way to bake in this mess. Um I guess I can clean it for you. Just get me the things to clean please". Nap started clearing the counter and moving things to the sink. He started washing up the pans and wiping the counter top. He looked at the floor waiting for the broom and mop. He really wondered if he was 20. "So how old is your brother? Have you been living together long"?

"All my life, we've lived together. My brother is a few years older than me. Twenty- something. I know he's older than twenty five," he laughed sheepishly, "I lost track of how old he was. Normally I'd be able to keep track of it with a birthday party, but..." Motchiri grabbed paper towels and gave it over to the other man since he had asked for cleaning supplied, whispering it like a secret, "He doesn't have those anymore because he doesn't like thinking he gets old... Ah. Don't tell him I said that, he'll get grumpy with me, thats no fun. " Chuckling he moved away from him and put his hands into the soft pockets of his shirt. "Hey. How come you keep asking me questions? I want to know about you too! My name is Mochiri Kita. What's your name? And how old are you?" His soft eyes had a glow, genuinely wanting to know more about his neighbor, "Tell me lots! Its okay if there's some things you don't want to tell me. I promise not to feel sad."

Nao cleaned the floor up and shrugged. "I just can't believe you're 20. You seem younger that's all. Me I don't know. Its not much to know. I work and stay at home. I have a couple of friends that i hang with but other than that I stay to myself". Nao clapped his hands when he finished cleaning. "Alright. I can make you a strawberry lemon cake. Just get me the berries, eggs, sugar, and lemon and a grater please. Where are your baking pans"?

Dumbfounded by all the sudden requests, he stared at Nao, looking at the fridge after a good ten seconds, "Um. Can't we mix together the strawberry batter with the lemon batter to make that? When me and my brother made it, it wasn't that complicated. I don't want to take up more of your time. You probably want to go back home and be shirtless again." There wasn't any kind of attitude in his voice, his words coming out slow and warmly just as he had done from the beginning, however the innocence of his voice hid the weird attraction he felt when seeing his body, "Unless you want to do that here to make it feel like home. It's quite warm in here, so you won't be cold." With a cute smile, he kept his peach eyes on Nao, half expecting him to do it.

Nao laughed seeing he had a flirty side. "I don't think thatnwould be a good idea. Your brother might walk in". He thought about it for a second. "It would be easier but it would taste much better using fresh ingredients and I'm OK on time. I wasn't doing anything today. So don't worry about it. I mean if you want the box cake I can make it but I think I'd like to treat you to a nicer cake. If you don't mind"? Nao smiled looking at him. When he was Flirty he seemed his age but then again he shouldn't be thinking about flirting any way. He still had lot of issues that surfaced from his ex boyfriend that he needed to deal with.

"Mmm..." Mochiri looked away, "I wouldn't want you to work so hard if it's only me that's going to have it. My big brother left on a trip for his job and he's not coming back for another month. I mean it! If he was going to be back soon, I wouldn't have left. He said not to do that... And bring someone over? I'd never do that either. So here is a safe place," he hummed, that glow in his eyes again, "And you're nice, so I want to share my safe place with you. If that's alright..." Mochiri hasn't had people over at all without his brother, and never without the guest being a family member. He hoped he was being good too his guest, maybe his friend if that was okay.

Nao smiled. "Its OK. I'll have some with you and I enjoy baking actually. If I didn't have to work I would have loved to gone to school for it but I need money. I haven't been on my own that long either". A sad look came across Nao's face as he thought about why he was on his own. He tried to forget him but sometimes he just couldn't. Some times he loneliness did get to him and he even thought about calling but he knew it would turn bad if he did. He shook his head to clear the thoughts and got down to business. "Really I don't mind making it for you. Make sure you freeze a piece for your brother so he can try it. Put it in a zip lock back OK"? Nao walked over to the sink and washed his hands and started chopping the strawberries. Next he took the lemon and a knife and started zesting the rind and then he cut it in half squeezing the juice out of it. After he did that he mixed it all together. Next he cracked the eggs mixing it in a separate bowl and poured it in the mixture. Next he added the sugar and started looking around forbflour and baking powder. Once he found it he added it to the bowl. Once he mixed it again he walked back over to the cabinet where he saw a pan and spray oil. He sprayed the pan and added the mixture and set in in the oven on 350 for 45 mins. Once he cleaned up he sat at the table. "So do you work"?

The light brunet found himself on a kitchen stool, watching Nao just as he would his his brother, but to him, it was way more interesting to see someone else in the kitchen for once, "Hm? No, I don't work. I stay home," he didn't put too much detail in that because there honestly wasn't much more to to. He watched television, played video games and used his imagination when playing playing by himself. "When you're alone longer, you might feel lonely, but to help with that, you can get yourself a nice RPG game. I can even let you borrow one of mine... But I wouldn't want you playing on my save files. I work really hard on them." It might be hard to exchange a game between himself and Nao when his brother came back, but if it would help his new friend, he'd do whatever it takes. "Work is hard and tiring I've heard. I'm sorry that you have to go through something like that."

Nao nodded. "I really wouldn't have the time to play. Its a miracle that I'm off today. But thanks for offering". Nao walked over to the oven and peeked at the cake. Oh it was beautiful. He hoped he liked it. Its been a long time since he baked for anyone. He grabbed the pot holders and pulled the cake out. It almost sparkled. He smiled as he looked at it. "Give it ten 10 mins to cool and dig in. Maybe get a couple of plates, a knife, and a fork".

"Its done?" He perked up and and stepped down from the stool to go to and get something, "I wanted to ice it up and write something on it!" Mochiri pulled out a small tub of icing and licked his lips, "Its actually my birthday today, so I want to write my name on it." The cake was something he wanted to show his brother. He wanted to show him that he was growing up and was able to make all by himself, he'd eat it and pretend his older sibling was there to eat it with him while on a video call... but looking at the quality of the cake already, that might not happen. His brother would be able to tell he didn't make it. "Today is when I'm twenty. But the cake's a bit late. I was born early in the morning, but I was sleeping, so there's no use fussing over that."

Nao smiled. "Well I can make a quick whip cream topping if you want. And happy birthday. Are you really celebrating yourself? That doesn't sound like it's fun. If you want I can make you a birthday dinner over at my place but I have to clean first. Its a bit messy. And I can present the cake to you then when I'm finished. Does that sound like a plan"?

"You'd really do that for me?" he asked, his eyes wide and his breath taken from the suggestion, "That's so nice of you... I'm not sure if I can do that, however... I already disobeyed my brother twice. Once by leaving the house and two by letting you inside. If I do something else, I don't know. I'd feel bad about it." He was only planning on having Nao over for a little while too, for cake only. "I think I'm certain about it. I should just spend the rest of my birthday here. Meeting you was already so exciting, too much excitement makes me feel weird."

Nao nodded. "I understand. I wouldnt want to cause you trouble. I will take my leave then. Enjoy the cake. Um... feel free to visit when your brother isn't around". Nao smiled and looked him up and down. He was very cute and nice. A bit immature but he was definitely cute. "Bye.Mochiri. It was nice to meet you". Nao waved and walked towards the door opening it then locking it. He took a deep breath and headed home.

He felt lonely after the other male left, but he had this cake here and he had it there to be happy about. Mochiri peeked out of the kitchen window to watch Nao go home, then also took a deep breath, wanting to do a good job at at least one thing with this cake... He put on the TV just to have some background noise while he decorated the cake with frosting and more fruit. When it was done, he stared at his cake that read Happy 20th Birthday Mochiri! He frowned and sat down, looking at it, feeling even worse when there was nobody there. Smushing his cheeks with his hands, he then lowered his head and looked at the phone on the other side of the room in it's home dock. "Yoshi hasn't called yet..." He was surprised that he hasn't gotten a single call yet, it being his birthday, he expected it hours ago.

Mochiri was like this for a long time, waiting for a call and not even taking a bite of his cake. It was hard deciding whether or not to leave again for a second time, but for the first time, it was too hard to stay here all alone. The brunet got out of his pajamas and into something else, a pink sweater, light blue sweatpants and regular shoes, which was something more suitable for the outside than pj's, it was also darker now, and a bit colder. Mochiri showed up at Nao's door with a sadder look, holding the uneaten cake on a plate in his hands, "..." he pressed on the doorbell and kept his eyes down, "I'm sorry, brother..."

Nao was at home sitting in the dark with glass of wine when he heard his door. He got up and answered and saw Mochiri. "Hey what's wrong? Did your brother call"? He looked down at the cake and his face and sighed. "He didn't call"?

(Sorry, but just to tell you, I don't like having replies this short at all. If you're not in the mood to reply yet or youre not feeling it, just let me know rather than making them be like this. Its alright to let me know! Coffee-Tastic is a patient gal)

"No, he didn't," he felt weird about going outside and coming back to Nao, but he couldn't handle being by himself on his birthday. His brother promised he'd call, and it had really brought him down, "I don't know what to do. You said I could come over again and I took up on that. I didn't want to be alone and since he wasn't calling..." he smiled just a little, "So I thought it might be okay to come over..." He'd feel bad about this, he bet, but there was a part of him that felt like he wanted his brother to call and not have him answer. It would be like payback.

Nao nodded understanding that he was a bit upset at his brother. He smiled gently and stepped aside letting him in. "Its fine Mochiri. I wasn't busy". At that time Nao forgot he was shirtless. He chuckled and cleared his throat. "Ah sorry. Let me grab a tee shirt. Come in and set the cake on the table. Sit make yourself comfortable." Nao pulled a chair out for Mochiri before he wandered off to his room and grabbed a shirt. All of a sudden he felt a bit nervous and took a deep breath. He stared into the mirror willing himself to calm down. He closed his eyes for a second as he slipped on the shirt and turned the kitchen light on and sat down in the spot he occupied before still sipping his wine. He took a long drink and put the glass back down. "You OK? What did you do for the rest of the day"?

Mochiri hadn't been over another person's house in a long time, he forgot how people had their own special house with their own lives inside. His eyes were looking around, his hands folded into his lap, "After I finished the icing, I played RPGs again. I was feeling lonely, but the game didn't help too much... Being here is making me feel better though. It smells nice." he tilted his head and gave a soft chuckle, "It smells like you." It was his house, he couldn't have expected anything besides that, but he wanted to point it out because it was something nice and Mochiri normally spoke what was on his mind without shame, "It's making my heart's beating fast... I'm bit nervous and also excited to be here."

Nao smiled. "Well to be honest. I'm nervous about you being here as well. I wouldn't want your brother to be upset with you. Um would you like a glass of wine. Maybe it will make you feel better"? Nao walked over the the cabinet grabbing another glass and poured half a glass for Mochiri. He set it in front of him. "Make sure you sip slowly. So why are you so nervous Mochiri? Am I scary or something "? Nao chuckled as he sat down in his seat and sipped one more as well. He got back up and grabbed a candle he purchased earlier. He grabbed a lighter too and pushed the candle in the cake. He smiled at Mochiri. "I bought it earlier. I thought about bringing it over but I didn't want you to get into trouble". He lit the candle and smiled. "Happy birthday Mochiri. I'm glad you came back over".

His mind overlooked the wine given to him, it was a drink he's never had before and he wasn't sure if he was going to try some. The candle's light reflected against his eyes when he leaned closer to admire them. There were candles in his house, but he didn't dare use the lighter. He was alright having a cake without the light, so this made him so happy he clenched his hands and was thinking up of a wish before responding to Nao. The brunet blew out his candles, immediately afterwards, standing up from his seat to give his friend a tight hug, "You're so nice to me, Nao..." Mochiri put his head onto the other man's shoulder, his soft hair falling onto his neck, "I'm not afraid of of you at all. I wish I could play with you more, you make me so happy, I think I'm going to die." His heart was beating faster, so maybe it was a heart attack... maybe it was just his admiration for Nao starting to overflow even more.