A Wolf, A Human And An Egg (Zombie and Pigeon) [18+]

Zombie_In_A_Box

Pigeon's character:

Name: Athan

Sexuality: Bi

Species: Human

Hair color: light brown

Eye color: hazel

Personality: not too talkative, doesn't get along well with most people, easily annoyed when he's hungry or tired, gets stressed out by loud noises, hates people touching his hair and so lets it grow out.

Bio: Athan was raised by his parents in a small town in the country, they had a small farm. When he was twelve their house burned down, killing his mother and leaving him with burn scars all over the left side of his body. He moved to an apartment in the city with his father and only moved out a couple years ago.

Sketch (done at 4-am while sick with a cold so don't judge):

untitled_by_birb_brain-d8xjquk.jpg

Zombie's character:

Name: Samuel

Sexuality: Gay

Species: Werewolf

Hair color: Sandy brown

Eye color: Deep green

Personality: Despite his appearance, he's rather out-going and helpful. He dislikes seeing people around him in trouble (unless he causes it himself). Once he gets angry at someone, there's little chance of forgiveness. Samuel is hot-headed most of the time, but gets calmer during new moon. As a werewolf, he becomes extremely unstable and violent, so is usually locked up somewhere.

Bio: He was born in a big city, had a nice, loving family with two little sisters and one big brother, perfect parents - although only his mom was biological. The father was a werewolf, never seen again. The family struggled with him turning into a beast each month, but continued to try and give him as much support as possible. When he turned eighteen, he left the family, promising to visit when he could; he simply couldn't give them this much trouble anymore. He finished college, pretending to be sick during full moon, although his degree didn't give him much, as now he works in an animal shelter along with a side job in a local cafe.

Picture:

ACLapj4.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• Kotorichan

The sun was still high in the sky when Athan made his way towards the forest. He would always seek out the peace of nature during his free time, no matter how tired he was from work. The young man preferred the warmth of the sun, but he would often work during the day and so rarely had time to go out during this time.

He walked into the shade of the trees and immediately felt himself relax. The city was always too loud and busy, this was his only real escape. Climbing through the bushes and up the small hills always made him feel at home, and today was no exception. Athan headed in the direction of his favorite spot, a small clearing next to a brook.

When he was a short distance from the familiar area he noticed something strange about one of the trees. The bark had been sliced open by some creatures claws, but Athan knew that there weren't any animals of that size nearby. He looked around and noticed a few more trees had the same marks on them. One of the trees seemed to have a large rock beneath it, but on closer inspection Athan saw that it was a huge green egg.

"What the hell..." He murmured, quickly glancing around to make sure that whatever had laid the egg wasn't still nearby. He lightly touched the shell, which felt rough like sand. "Is this real...?" Athan gently picked it up, finding that it was much lighter than expected. He stared down at the eggs, weighing his options. If he left it here then it might hatch on its own, but it could get crushed or eaten, and even if it did hatch it could be something dangerous... He lightly chewed his lip and stood up straight. There was an animal shelter nearby, someone there would probably know what to do better than Athan. He would be able to find this place again if they told him to put it back.

After coming to that descion he hurried towards the animal shelter. It was right along the edge of the forest, so he wouldn't have to walk through the city, but he was still worried that someone might see him.

It took him only a few minutes to arrive at the building. But when he arrived he couldn't bring himself to set inside. Athan didn't really like to deal with people, and bringing something like this into a shelter might result in a lot of questions. He looked down at the egg, unable to gather the courage to open the door and go inside the shelter.

Samuel stretched his hand out above his head with a loud yawn, scratching behind his ears with his eyes closed. In a few minutes he was supposed to go and feed everyone here... Boy, there were a lot of animals to get through. With a quiet sigh, the brunet got to his feet and grabbed a bucket. First, he'd get to the birds, then the cats and dogs, then the bigger animals... He'd leave the biggest ones for the end.

The animal shelter wasn't simple in any way. Sure, there were normal dogs and cats, also some chickens and sheep, along with other farm animals, but... This shelter also held animals like tigers, lions and giraffes, even. Although their pride was the mythical creatures: they had a phoenix, a few hippocampis, even a unicorn, although it was usually kept somewhere quiet. Their main attraction was the hippogriff - the animal liked attention, too.

Samuel hummed quietly as he filled the bucket with seeds and crumbs for the birds and stepped outside, as the only way to get to the cages was like that, but... The bucket dropped to the ground at the sight in front of his eyes. "Holy fuck." He whispered out, stepping closer with his mouth open in disbelief. He didn't even notice who brought the egg at first, because... "It's a dragon egg..." He continued whispering, eyebrows furrowing as he shook his head.

"Fuck, Athan, where did you get this?!" Samuel questioned as he took the egg, a little surprised at how light it was. "Oh god... This... This is an actual dragon egg. How? Where?" He seemed so fascinated by the egg, feeling the shell gently before slowly placing it on the ground. "It's huge..." The werewolf muttered out as he knocked on it gently, blinking a few times.

Athan almost bolted the second the door opened. Samuel was the only person at the shelter that he could stand talking to, and he could have sworn that it was the man's day off. He managed to relax slightly as the other began speaking, although all the questions were a bit overwhelming. He didn't resist as the egg was taken away, somewhat glad that he didn't have to keep carrying it.

"It was just kinda sitting in the forest... I didn't know what it was so I though I'd bring it here" he chewed his lip and stared down at the huge egg. "I can put it back if you think its a bad idea to keep it here. I didn't see a mother but I didnt really look around all that much."

A soft sigh escaped his lips, this was all too much trouble for a time that he wanted to relax. "Do dragons usually just leave eggs under trees? It seemed like someone could just step on it if I left it there..." He trailed off, deciding that he had done enough unnecessary talking.

Samuel shook his head violently at the suggestion, grabbing the egg a bit tighter. "No, you can't put it back! Mother dragons are extremely protective over their eggs... They don't just leave them out in the open. This one was abandoned for some reason." The brunet's voice gained a hint of sadness as he turned around.

"The mother is probably long gone, but the egg is still warm... We can save it!" Samuel grinned as he stepped inside the shelter. "Come on, quickly. Help me find a place where I can place it." He said quickly, looking around. "I'll have to find some information... All I know is that it needs to be really warm at all times." He added with a sigh, grabbing the big egg a bit tighter. He couldn't even risk letting anything happen.

• 1 month later...

"You really think its a good idea...?" Athan couldn't shake the feeling of dread, this would be so much responsibility if Samuel expected him to help. He couldn't imagine what would happen if people caught wind of this. There would be fanatics coming from all over the world to see the abandoned egg, and if it hatched, the baby dragon.

The human shuddered at the idea of playing a part in such a huge event. He didn't like dealing with these things, and was already regretting picking up the egg. He mentally kicked himself for this thought, it was so selfish to put his own comfort in front of a life.

"Do you think you can actually find information? I haven't really hard of dragon eggs hatching without a mother..." He followed after the other male. "Maybe we can put it in an oven for now... Just on low of course..." He mumbled the suggestion, it made the egg sound like a meal they were going to eat later..

"Why wouldn't it be a good idea? We'd have a dragon of our own! Once it hatches... A glance at a baby dragon will be everything anyone wants! Athan, we could be rich!" Samuel exclaimed, his eyes wide. "Even if we don't try to make a business out of it, just having a dragon... We'd become legends! There would be stories about us, we'd be famous, we'd be heroes!"

As he stepped into the shelter, Athan's words made him flinch, rather visibly. "An oven? For a dragon egg? Are you mad?" He laughed suddenly, shaking his head. "No, the best way would be to make a fire and then put the egg over the coals... Or the fire around the egg, somehow!" He certainly seemed excited, at the very least. "I'll find all information about it, this can't be the first time this has happened... Perhaps there are legends, but I'm willing to try anything, anything at all!"

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm not good with magic stuff" Athan snapped, his words more hostel than he intended. He was getting more and more nervous about this whole thing with every word Samuel said. "Look, why don't you deal with this whole thing. I'm not gonna be much help anyway" He crossed his arms over his chest.

He wished that Samuel could understand just how much Athan hated attention, but just explaining it would require attention from the other man. He might have to make up some excuses about being busy, even though that would mean he couldn't spend time with his only real friend. Being completely alone was far better than risking being famous. Athan saw gossip magazines at grocery stores, people who were famous got no privacy.

Samuel flinched visibly when his friend snapped. His lips parted in confusion as he held the egg close to his own body, trying to keep it warm at least this way. The werewolf looked down, almost shamefully as he heard Athan say he should take care of this alone. It seemed like the words honestly upset Samuel.

"Okay." Samuel merely muttered out this much, which was never a good sign, considering his cheerful personality. The man just walked further inside, trying not to show how Athan declaring he wanted no part in the egg hatching really hurt. "Do you want something to eat or drink?" He asked, turning around with a smile tugging at his lips. He was sure that it would be so much fun to take care of the egg with his friend, and when it hatched, they'd have an actual dragon! But... He realized why Athan didn't want this. That didn't mean he was any less upset, though.

"It's not like I'm going to stop talking to you" Athan snapped, but he quickly stopped himself from continuing. He took a deep breath and followed Samuel, trying to calm himself down. "I'm sorry..." He finally said, his voice a little shaky. "It's just I'm not gonna be any help and I really don't want to be famous."

He let his hair fall in front of his face, trying to hide that he was actually upset. "I'll stop by and see how it's doing" Athan pushed his hands into his pockets and started to walk towards the kitchen. "I'll get myself some water, you should probably put the egg in fire or whatever..."

Samuel tried to keep hiding the pain he felt from Athan's words, forcing out a smile. The werewolf was incredibly sensitive, it seemed. "I'd really appreciate your help, though. But I guess I can't force you to do something you don't want to do... Still, can you at least help me a little bit with the shelter?" Samuel asked softly, placing the egg on the table before preparing an area to burn a fire. As he got it ready, the werewolf sighed out quietly and lit a mach, then the pieces of wood and paper.

• 4 weeks later...

Athan poured himself a glass of water as the other talked. "I'll help out... I just..." He trailed off and took a sip of his water. "I don't want any attention..." his voice was quiet and nervous. He had never talked about how nervous he was about having people pay attention to him. It seemed like such a stupid thing to be scared of, he couldn't help but wonder if Samuel would laugh if Athan fully explained it to him. It was better to minimize it as much as possible, that way he wouldn't seem too pathetic.

Samuel looked up, lightly nibbling on his lower lip. "So... You want me to take the credit if this works out? I mean- is that fair? You were the one who found the egg." He spoke, pursing his lips slightly. "Like... I don't mind, sure, but won't you regret it?" Samuel asked, rubbing his eye slightly. A quiet sigh slipped past his lips as he smiled, taking the egg again. "Well, whatever makes you happy." With that, the werewolf carefully placed the egg into the flames, making sure the fire wouldn't spread.

Athan nodded, relief washing over him. He didn't want Samuel to push for an explanation or to try to pressure Athan to take credit. "Um... You said there might be books on how to take care of a dragon egg, right? But, uh, how will you know which ones are real? I'm sure there's a lot of people who write stuff just for attention or money or whatever..." He trailed off, he did know how to do research. It was just like researching some historical event, look at multiple sources and find common themes, but he needed to get the topic away from his fears as quickly as possible.

Samuel shrugged, leaning against the counter of his kitchen as he stared at the flames. "I dunno, I guess we just try everything we find. Might as well start now, I've got some books in here... Do you wanna check the books or search on the internet?" He asked, looking around as he tried to remember where he kept the books. "I still find it weird that it was left like that. Wonder what happened to the mother..." He trailed off as he walked across the room, opening the bookshelf. He looked through the titles, tapping at his chin as he searched for the right books.

"Maybe the mother didn't want it..." Athan said quietly as he stood and went to the bookshelf. "I think we would have noticed if she had ended up fighting with some other dragon..." He pulled a couple books and brought them over to the table where he began to look through them. "How intelligent to you think it'll be? Will we have to keep it caged or chained up?"

Samuel shook his head, scratching the back of his neck quietly. "No, the mothers are always very protective... It's more possible that the mother was attacked, or maybe it'd gotten hurt before leaving the egg." He thought out loud, finally finding the books he was searching for, bringing them to the table as well. "I guess you take the books... Alright, I'll search in the internet, maybe there's some tips." He muttered, only stopping when he heard the question. "I have no idea. Some sources say that dragons are extremely intelligent, to the point of being able to communicate... Others say dragons are merely wild beasts that cannot be tamed in any way."

"If it can't communicate then we can at least try to domesticate it.... Like how people can raise lions from birth and they're somewhat tame" Athan said as he began to look through the books. "we'll just have to try our best to keep it under control, someone might try to kill it if it's dangerous..."

Samuel stared at Athan, disbelief on his face. "You... No one would want to kill a dragon! A dragon! Steal it, maybe, but kill? No way. Even dragons in the wild are absolutely prohibited to kill!" He exclaimed, huffing quietly. "Besides, it may not even hatch." He muttered, rather sadly while opening his laptop. "I bet that keeping a dragon under control is pretty much impossible, either way. I mean... Okay, we won't know for sure until it shows, or doesn't show signs of intelligence, but... I really think it will be smart."

"I don't know anything about this kind of thing!" Athan snapped, immediately becoming defensive. He really didn't know much about animals in general, he knew even less about mythical beasts like dragons. "I just thought someone would get pissed if there was a dragon that would kill everyone, like putting down a rabid dog..."

Samuel flinched, biting down on his lip as he raised his hands up. "Sorry, sorry." He always tried to not appear as easily angered, or angry in general - somehow, he thought that would make people suspect who he really was. "I just... Don't think anyone would kill a dragon." He muttered, looking away as he turned his attention to the laptop. He swallowed down his nervousness, fingers twitching slightly.

"How was I supposed to know that?" Athan muttered, flipping through one of the books. "You're the expert on this stuff... I've learned some things from hanging out with you but not that much..." He grabbed a scap of paper and bookmarked on of the pages that had some information on dragons.

Samuel shrugged, nervously glancing at his friend to see if there was any anger in his expression. "I'm sorry..." He repeated quietly, his body tense. He opened his mouth to say something else, but bit down on his lip and just stayed in silence. Honestly, he disliked the silence. It made him feel vulnerable, something he wasn't used to feeling.

Athan looked up from the book and frowned, immediately feeling bad for snapping. "No... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk..." He sighed and looked back down at the book. "I just wish I could actually be helpful, I feel like an asshole from dropping this whole thing on you without knowing anything about it..."

Samuel managed a smile, reaching out to place on hand on Athan's shoulder. "Hey, if you help me search for the information, it's already a big help." He said honestly, smiling a bit wider. The werewolf soon turned back to his laptop, quietly noting down the main facts he found on any page. "Err... Athan, would you help me with the animals until we figure everything out about this egg?" He asked hesitantly, looking at the other nervously.

• Saga locked this topic