Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

In the end he made a nutella and peanutbutter sandwich. Then he went to his old bed room.

"I'm back." He said signed and turning on his dvd player. Throwing in a anime he would always watch as a kid when he was feeling down.

Smiling he ate and laughed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

Lev returned to his car and along the way took out his phone from his pocket, he considered the option of calling his friend before arriving one more time and decided not to the same as before. Sitting at the driver seat he frowned down at the device, he could had asked Atlas for his phone number at least but he hadn't been thinking about this contraption back then. With a small sigh he put it away and just sat there not very surprised that it was more comfortable than the room he had just been in, he wondered why he hadn't just stayed there.

Once Atlas finished his dinner he stripped to his boxers and crawled into his old bed. It was weird..The house use to be so lively, he would hear his parents telling jokes when he would go to sleep..He really did have a perfect child in his mind.

"Drac!"He shouted call the little thing to come to bed. He let Drac share his pillow.

It was weird after so many days sleeping with Lev...Not have the warmth that emanated from the other human...And then he also thought after doing it a lot...It was weird not having any one to even hold.

In the early morning Lev finally made it to where he was heading, however he wasn't very sure he was in the right place. The location was in a worn down and mostly desolate neighbourhood and the address, which he'd checked tree times, lead him to the ground level of a small building and a door and two big windows covered up in various papers. Standing on the street outside, he couldn't see inside. It was still somewhat dark outside so he didn't expect anyone to be there yet but tried pushing the door open any way. He was surprised to find it unlocked and wondered if it was even possible to secure it. The room he walked into wasn't very big but had a high ceiling, sloppily painted while walls and a dark tile floor. As for furniture, there was a desk, three chairs including the one behind it and a cabinet with two open shelves and a closed section that seemed to be fully filled up with paper. Two doors led deeper into the building and both were closed.

Lev looked around for a minute and then walked over to the desk and knocked on the wood loudly trying to attract some attention if anyone was inside. There was a small delay after which a tall figure appeared at the frame of one of the door. The man yawned and padded over the tiles like a penguin trying not to feel cold even though he wasn't wearing any shoes. His hair was a tangled black mess, just like Lev remembered it always use to be. Although the person was an unkempt disaster he was obviously attractive but Lev knew him extremely well and so didn't notice this at all.

A few steps into the room, the dark haired man finally realized who it is that was waking him up and halted.

-"...Lev?" He asked in a quiet, disbelieving tone.

Atlas still hadn't fallin asleep, he was scared to. Scared he would have nightmares, scared he would dream of Lev, scared he would dream of his parents.

"Lev...where are you....will I ever see you again." He mumbled...."Maybe I should go to the bar and pick up a guy tomorrow thats what Nick would tell me. he always says the best way to forget someone i to have a one night stand." Atlas just tossed and turn.

Lev felt foolish for not thinking what he would say to his friend, he'd very much pushed him away some years ago so now he should have had a though out apology for him, but he didn't. He had trouble finding a greeting that wouldn't seem insensitive but the other helped him and began the conversation in stead of him.

-"Why are you here?" The dark haired man asked in an even, calm voice that didn't show any hostility. His hazel eyes were focused on his visitor and it reminded Lev of how he use to watch monsters when they hunted together, analyzing them carefully, curious what the unpredictable animals would do next.

-"I... want to accept your offer." Lev answered him, managing to put some confidence into his tone, the other obviously understood what he was referring to and looked to the side, avoiding eye contact, his expression was unreadable.

-"...You didn't want to follow me when I left the academy... Why now?"

Lev felt the guilt for abandoning his friend now much more than he had when he'd actually done it, but he wasn't going to make up excuses for it now.

-"I'm sorry for not going with you... but I'm done with that place too now, and I can't work alone... so I came to see if your offer still stands." He said honestly, deciding to be straightforward with the man.

-"It does" Was the short reply Lev received before he was pulled into a hug. Normally he would have teased his friend for being too emotional and pushed him away but at this point he was thankful for the contact and didn't resist it.

-"I'm glad you thought of me." The other told him as he moved away but his face still didn't reveal what he was feeling.

Night turned to day at one point Atlas had fallen asleep. His dreams were filled with Lev and him.

"Lev." He grain as he woke up..

Sighing he got up and went to go make breakfast.

-"We have to sort some things out..." The man commented as he turned away from Lev and walked back to the room he'd come from moments earlier, he yawned and stretched as he walked. "You didn't have to come by so early..."

Lev was about to ask his friend why he was there at such a time himself, but as he followed him the answer became apparent. He'd expected the other was taking him to another office like room but it was much more like a living room and was obviously being used for all kinds of things. There was a desk with two drawers placed against one wall with a couple of different weapons aged down on its surfaced and on the ground around it. In one corner there was a small fridge with a large half dead plant on top of it. A piece of furniture that could apparently be unfolded into a kind of bed was underneath a window, opposite the small arsenal. It puzzled Lev to notice a pillow and blanket spread out on the ground though but it made sense when he realized the better position was already occupied. Going up most of the makeshift bed, curled up in a ball was a bulky, incredibly muscular man with thick, jet black hair. He seemed peaceful , innocent but Lev recognized his face and knowing that he was being a free loader and living off if his fiend he addressed the man even though he was still asleep.

-"Vince!?" He yelled at him in a tone that could best be described as an angry hiss. He couldn't believe the man was right there, perfectly happy and causing damage to an innocent youths wallet when most of the academy was sure he was dead.

Atlas wondered if there was any way to get a hold of Lev.....I'm an Idot was all he though.

"Lev...."

The bulky man shifted and grimaced in anger as he woke up.

-"What the hell is it now Fin...?" He mumbled out as he sat up and rubbed his eyes trying to make himself more awake. Once his hands moved away from his face he finally looked up and realized who'd woken him up. Momentarily his demeanor changed, he tensed up and glared seriously at the unexpected quest.

-"what the hell are you doing here?" He asked but it was obvious he mean it as a command to leave rather than a question.

Lev didn't answer him and only returned his glare with equal intensity and crossed his arms. Despite finding the man in his friends home, obviously as an inhabitant, he felt he had more of a right to be there than him, after all he was Findley's closest ally once and he expected Vincent was just a parasite who needed a place to stay. Just as he was about to defend himself and start an argument Fin cut him off.

-"We have some minor creatures reported to us, you can help us with those..." He offered as he walked and stopped beside his weapons, leaning against the desk they were arranged on.

-"I'm not going to do anything with this punk again." Vince protested, he still hadn't gotten over things going south some years ago. He was one of the older hunters who were affected by the events and as such he blamed all of his younger comrades for the catastrophe.

-" I had something different in mind..." Lev said with his expression still unpleasant. "I've...fought this... shadow being, and it brainwashed me into digging something up. I'd like it if we went out and destroyed it." Both the other men were curious now, though Vince was still frowning and kept on an unhappy expression as he got up and began pulling on clothes. He knew Fin would ask all of the right questions and seemed to leave all the negotiations to him

Atlas got up and went to his parents room...

"Well dad we are the same size now..and you always said you wanted me dress like you..a proper man." He smiled, and started to gather everything up, that he wanted to keep. He packeted his bags and was ready to leave. He knew he had a longish walk back to his car with all this stuff but he didn't care. He called for Drac and he landed on his shoulder.

"Let's go home bud." He said and set off.

Lev had started the topic by confessing a monster had used him like a mindless drone, the other two knew this either meant he'd lost some of the pride they remembered, which was unlikely, or that he was especially set on hunting this monster and wasn't going to waste time concealing a mistake. He moved a few steps and pressed his back against the wall, observing the other two, waiting to be questioned.

-"What is this creature exactly?" Fin started, his voice sounded more professional and made him seem cold and calculated. This was a question he always asked when someone requested them to kill a monster, he asked it first off out of habit.

-"I have no idea." Was the quick and simple reply from Lev, said in a calm but grim tone. He noticed Vince laugh quietly and shake his head in disapproval. "I didn't fail to identify it because I don't know what I'm doing... It's not like the things they've taught us about." He argued in his defense.

-"What is it capable of then?" Fin easily ignored everything the other two did and said that wasn't a reply to his questions.

-"It's like a spirit, it appears and vanishes and it's difficult to notice its presence even when it is visible." Lev explained, trying to be as precise with his description of the being as possible. His gaze wandered off to a random spot in front of him while he thought and spoke. "It was able to create illusions, though I'm not sure to what extent... I lost track of what was real at one point. Once it got in my head it controlled what I did and I couldn't find a reason to resist it. I'd been digging for hours trying to find something before I got free... I'm not sure, but from what I understand, bad thoughts cause it a lot of pain."

Vince didn't draw any attention to himself again and continued with his morning routine in the background, he was intrigued by the description though and understood what Lev had meant, he'd never heard of anything like this before either. Fin became preoccupied with the information he'd just received and was trying to come to a conclusion, if he and his comrade should get themselves involved in this. Vincent didn't give him time to make a final decision though, he came beside him and took some of the weapons from the desk, adding them to the belts he'd put on after getting dressed.

-"I thought you weren't going to work with him again..." Fin asked him, a bit upset that the other didn't wait to at least hear his thoughts on the subject.

The sudden comment made Lev frown at his friend but he didn't say anything in response, instead he lightly pushed himself away from the wall and made his way outside. It was still early and there was no one out on the streets yet, he hadn't noticed it up to that point since he'd gone straight from his car into the building but it was cold outside. The fresh air made him shiver, still the moment of peace and silence while he waited for his new ally was like a very short break from everything. One person invaded his thoughts though and wouldn't let him feel any better.

A few minutes passed before Vince strode out but surprisingly Fin followed after him with a pair of small caliber guns at his waist also.

-"Sorry..." He whispered while he looked to the side and avoided eye contact again and Lev only nodded at him even though he disliked having the best friend he'd abandoned apologize to him. He walked to the car and the other two hunters followed after him, all three seemed troubled by their own separate problems so no one said much else.

Atlas hummed as he walked, It was nice to be out in the open again. He was gonna go back to find Lev and tell him if he really want to find the thing and communicate with it he would help. Though Atlas's head told him not to go near that thing.

"Lev..what was it about this thing."

He walked for about an hour finally getting back to his friends house he would stay another night then set off.

"Look who decided to show up." He heard the older man call.

Smiling he hugged him and walked back into the house. Rain came running up to him,

"Uncle AL you need to help me."

"What is it dear."

"You need to play checkers with me. Dad won't"

"Okay I will." Atlas said putting his hand through the others hair.

Lev had been in desperate need of someone to talk to but after only a short while of driving with the two men he cursed at himself for not being happy at home on his own. Fin had always had a tendency to be painfully sarcastic but oddly enough he was sparing his old friend and was instead serious and expressionless. However Vincent was adequately irritating to make up for Fin's silence. He commented and cursed about irrelevant things as they traveled and criticized Lev's driving repeatedly even though he was aware it only caused him to drive even more recklessly. At one point it seemed their angered driver would crash the vehicle out of spite.

Hours passed before they arrived back at the mountain but they firstly organized themselves and made plans before starting the hunt. By the time they entered the forest it was late evening and they expected the monster to appear soon as the sun sets, which gave them just enough time to get to the place where Lev had seen it last. He protested the idea, certain that the creature would be more of a threat in this location but Vince was the loudest regarding this matter and got his way. Through the entire search Fin followed after the other two and didn't speak up, he knew he had the least amount of skill, he was aware that Lev was better than him at this and Vincent, despite his rude behavior, had both more experience and better training from a very early age.

They stayed close and moved as a unit since they knew the monster would sneak up on them easily but their formation broke as they looked around the area Lev lead them to and found nothing. There was no clue to what was buried there and the two men didn't seem to differentiate between this spot and any other in the forest but Lev was tense ever since they reached the spot. However, night fell and nothing happened.

-"We should look around the rest of the forest." Fin commented as he became uninterested in searching the spot for some clue or sign of the creature for a millionth time. Lev was about to agree but felt lightheaded and concentrated on not loosing balance rather than talking. Despite it he swayed for a moment and couldn't clear his head and Fin came closer to him and held onto his arm just in case. Still, he was sure he could manage on his own and was too prideful to accept such help, with a sharp movement he freed himself of the hold and frowned angrily.

Vincent followed the exchange from a distance though most of his attention was still on their environment, it was a good thing too because as soon as their target slipped up and was forced to stop masking it's presence he located it. The creature became noticeable only for a second when it tried to connect to Lev again and was driven away by his anger flaring. From there Vince tried to follow it's movement but it was aware of him also and tried to hide from him again.

The others noticed the change in their comrades demeanor but hadn't caught a glance of the monster. Lev knew it was close by from how it was messing with his head again but had no clue where exactly it was. He didn't have to wait long to find out though as the being formed a body for itself and straight out attacked them. It rushed at him and Fin but they both managed to get out of the way, though neither were happy with being forced to scatter even more. Vince used the chance and went running after the beast, now sure of where it was going, he pulled out a gun right away and fired a single shot at the thing. Lev frowned at the older man for acting without regard to the rest of the team but took a hold of his weapon also and followed after. He was getting a grasp of his enemies path too, so instead of going right after Vince he approached him and the animal from the side, meaning to execute w sneak attack of him own. Fin went behind Vincent and caught up quickly with his exceptional speed.

Atlas Laughed and had fun with the litttle girl. Atlas wasn't even trying to loose but he was, the girl beat him like he was the little kid and she was the adult.

"Alright enough of this, why don't you help me make some dinner for your hard workin dad." He smiled ruffling the kids short hair.

"OKAY." She said excitedly.

Atlas quickly picked her up and carried her to the kitchen as she laughed.

"Alright! Were making-" Atlas started

"PASTA" The little girl interrupted.

He laughed and nodded an 'okay' to her. They got all the thing out they need and started to cook. It took a few hours because he had to teach Rain when to do things and when not to do things. Soon after they were done Nick walked right in.

"Daddy! Daddy! We made pasta!" She squealed as nick picked her up.

"Well then let's enjoy it." He said laughing.

The creature continued to run from the band of humans and Vince considered it was reacting like any animal and hunted it as such. However, Lev knew it was much more intelligent than a common monster and saw a good sign in it's attempts to get away. It didn't want to face all three of them and it was likely it estimated they would manage to defeat it as a group.

Fin stayed close to Vince out of some sense of safety but when it became obvious the chase would go on for a long time he rushed past him and circled around the monster before moving in front of it, attempting to stop it. He didn't want to use a firearm when the others were close enough for him to accidentally hurt them, instead he pulled out a knife and held it before himself defensively. Just as he braced himself for having the beast slam into him the creature turned transparent and went right through him. He stood still, startled afterwards and glanced at the being over his shoulder. Vince stopped beside him, tapped his shoulder lightly but warned him to snap out of it.

The monster put some distance between itself and the men but didn't slow down until Lev appeared out of nowhere and managed to cut a blade into it's side. Without enough time to turn into a phantasm again, it could only twist its body to push the human away and continue running. The motion put Lev in a struggle not to lose balance and the creature got away in the meanwhile. He rushed forward but couldn't see it again and couldn't figure out where it had or if it had only made itself into a ghost again. The other two men made it to the spot also and they regrouped in silence, all focused on finding some trace of their target.

Hours passed as they all ate and Atlas and Nick drank. Soon it was time to put Rain to sleep so Atlas gave her a piggyback to her room. Laying her on her bed and kneeled next to her.

"Rain, I will see you again but I'm leaving right now." He looked her in the eyes

Rain leaned in to Atlas giving him a hug.

"Uncle AL come back soon."

"Okay hun."

Ruffling her hair once more he left.

He hugged Nick goodbye and Nick yelled about Atlas coming back more. He grabbed his thing dn headed to the car, this time with Drac on his head.

"Lets go."

Then he was off back to the house he wanted to call home now.

The atmosphere grew calm after minutes passed and the monster didn't show itself again. Vince paced around for the entirety of the time, trying to locate the creature as he had before, it could had been on the other side of the forest already but he was persistent. Lev was still in the mindset of a chase and was concentrated on finding some clue in their surroundings, he listened closely and remained silent himself. The two both worked with the same goal but seemed to disregard each other, only Fin still had teamwork in mind and paid more attention to his comrades than the enemy. When Vincent grew still and seemed to wait for something, he approached him, trying to see if he could sense it himself, he also wanted to be close enough to help if needed. However, after a long moment of nothing Vince decided he'd only imagined seeing something and sighed lightly. Fin's expression stayed as blank as ever but it was apparent he was becoming unhappy with the situation and loosing patience too. He turned around to see if Lev had caught on to something but found the man heading away from them in uncertain steps. He glanced at them over his shoulder but didn't acknowledge they were even there. Fin followed and was about to speak but Vince took a hold of his wrist and brought him to a stop, giving him a clear signal to stay quiet.

Lev was aware he was being pulled into a false reality again and tried to fight it by thinking of everything that caused him pain and sadness but the feelings weren't very strong when he intentionally invoked them. His thoughts were still centered on the monster and defeating it even though he tried to become preoccupied with memories and become upset.

The tune he'd already heard before while he clawed at the rubble played in his head and he could see the space around him become strange and subtly distorted. Finally that same illusion he'd been presented with before took shape some distance from him. The ghostly apparition was far enough that he couldn't see it clearly but more as a silhouette, still he heard its voice as though it was right beside him.

-"Why are you trying to hurt yourself... hurt us. If you'd done what we'd asked of you, you wouldn't have felt lonely again... you would have been with us, and we never feel alone." The mirage explained and he was encouraged to keep walking closer to it even though the idea of killing it gradually faded from his mind. He was drawn by the creature and couldn't resist how quickly his consciousness was slipping away and it taking over his actions again. He understood the union of minds he was being lured into but couldn't be comforted by the idea of joining them. He knew that even with them, he would still be lonely. It was not company he needed in order to feel happy but the people who'd left and forgot him, everyone from his past who he still though of so often.

The beast sensed it would be rejected and gave up the attempts to keep the human as an ally, it reach out swiftly and its arm morphed into a limb that better suited its animal form. Lev barely had time to dodge and though he managed to prevent being decapitated he ended up with razor sharp, talons like fingers slicing through his shoulder. The next strike from the monster surely wouldn't have been another miss but the creature didn't attempt to attack him again. It stumbled backwards with a pained cry and in a heartbeat Lev was brought back into the actual battle that was in progress. His ears became filled by the creatures ferocious roaring, gunfire and shouting as the other two men communicated by yelling, the being was not the illusion of a human figure any more but the dark mass of shadows they had been chasing.

Vince had gotten close up to the animal and was alternating between dodging and aiming strikes at the monster with a large blade, a gun was ready at his side to fire the finishing shot but the beast refused to give him an opportunity to use it. Fin kept the monster under a steady barrage on small bullets that didn't seem to hurt it significantly but were distracting it. He kept this up even as he ran over to Lev but had to stop so he could tug the other man away from the heart of the fight.

The monster grew tired of Vincent whose endless attacks weren't allowing it to turn into a ghost and escape, it resorted to pushing him away at the expense of being badly cut. With one quick and forceful motion it knocked the human off his feet and tossed him across the ground so forcefully a significant distance was left between them afterwards. With its enemy gasping for air on the ground it was encouraged to lunge at him and crush him between its jaws but a bullet scraped over its snout and force it to flinch away in pain. Before any of the three could do any more, it started running and dissipated to nothing after only a few meters. They could hear its cries moving away from them and knew it wouldn't come back.

For a moment none of the group moved, Lev was distracted by the pain in his shoulder, Vince with evening his breathing and trying to recognize which of his bones were broken and Fin only started after the beast before finally moving into action. He gave Lev a questioning glance and received a small nod as affirmation that he could go help Vincent instead. He was about to ask the man if he can even stand but he began pushing himself up on his own. Fin tried to support him at first but then took on more and more of his weight to make it easier for him. They walked slowly and Lev waited for them, frowning angrily while he pressed the palm on his hand into the deep cut he'd earned and trying to stop the bleeding. While they made their way out of the forest and across the clearing no words were exchanged between them, nor did anyone speak up until they were indoors.

Atlas drove smiling though in his head he knew the night wouldn't be fun...He had to swallow his pride and tell Lev he was sorry. Atlas hated the thought of trying to communicate with that thing. It gave Atlas the worst feeling his hair stood up on the back of his neck to even think about it.

"Only a few more miles Drac."

They finally got there. Atlas threw a back on his shoulders, and walked to the door.

"I hope you forgive me for being an ass."Atlas mumbled and then knocked on the door. Looking at the ground he could feel Drac curled in his hair on his head like a next...

"Lev."

Being the only one not seriously hurt, Fin acted as a medic for the other two men. He gathered the needed supplies and helped Lev with his shoulder first, the wound turned out bigger than the expected and both of them were concerned with how much it was bleeding. Vince was too impatient to wait for assistance, though a few things caused him pain he estimated that only his arm was broken and the rest were bruises, cuts and scratches. Working on his injuries gave him the opportunity to think things over and begin complaining and occasionally blaming Lev. His comrades weren't taking him seriously but Lev was obviously annoyed by it and as soon as his wounds were stitched he went into his bedroom, leaving the others without an explanation.

He felt lightheaded and was sure it was because of the blood loss, however he expected it would be better if he just rested, he didn't want to drive for an hour to get appropriate medical help. Standing in front of the mirror with his dirty shirt removed he studied the cut the monster had made and traced his fingers along its edge gently. He wasn't sure any more how he'd expected things to turn out but the state they were all in now made him angry and disappointed. He knew Vince was right to complain, they failed to defeat the animal, ended up hurt instead and he was the one who dragged them into it. Now he regretted not going after the creature alone or just leaving and forgetting all about it. Still lost in thought, he washed the blood off himself and continued to frown at his injury.

In the meanwhile, Vincent searched the kitchen for "a real drink" and was being especially unfriendly thanks to the pain and difficulty he went through just to move his leg and walk.

Left alone sitting on the couch Fin just though in silence but was interrupted by the sound of a knock on the door. For a moment he wondered if he'd imagined it and then he waited for Lev to respond, considering it was his house, but it was obvious he hadn't heard it. Reluctantly Fin got up and walked to the entrance himself, he paused when reaching for the doorknob as he noticed the traces of red that were left on his hands after helping Lev with the cuts. He doubted the visitor would wait for him to go wash it off so he just shook his head and opened the door. After a short moment of studying him, he decided he didn't know this person and watched him with a blank expression in silence while waiting for him to speak.

Atlas expected Lev to open the door so when an unknown man opened it he was more then surprised. But before he would jump to conclusion he would take to them..He scratched the back of his head.

"Hey..Is..Lev here...I really need him."

He wanted to hug him so bad. Looking at the ground he saw some blood. Atlas's panic mode came in and he ran into the house pushing the guy to the side, frantically looking for Lev.

"Lev!"

Fin frowned angrily and followed the man, though he didn't give an effort to catch up to him and stop him.

Lev recognized the voice calling him and quickly moved on from being confused and unsure of how real this was to rushing over to the person he'd missed so much. He grabbed a shirt and pulled it on as he walked out of the bedroom and searched for the hunter. He still wasn't sure if he could forget about their argument but he just needed to be close to the other, at least see him again if everything else had become forbidden.

Atlas saw Lev and ran to him hugging him tightly and trying to examine him to see if the other was alright.

"Lev are you okay, why is there blood. What can I do, what on you is hurt." Atlas kept spewing out questions while hugging him. He was so worried.

This happens ever time i leave someone i care for alone. Was all he could think.

"Im sorry."

Lev wrapped his arms around the hunter and refused to let go despite how badly his shoulder hurt. The pain was nothing compared to how horrible he'd felt for the previous couple of days but that was all put to an end now, he finally felt things were alright again.

-"Calm down, I'm fine now. Everything will be fine, just..." He wasn't sure what to say, there were so many things he wanted to explain and topics to clear up. Aware that he needed a moment to just hold the other, he grew silent and leaned into the hunter

Atlas calmed and melted into the other.

"Lev..It's you.." He mumbled into the others chest, He smelled the other, he had missed every aspect of the man he clung to. Whether they fought, kissed, watched tv or even just now hugging. He had missed it, he missed knowing he had someone to wake up to.

"Lev."

Atlas went on his tip toes and put his hands through the other hair, slowly colliding their lips together.

"I've missed you so much, I'm sorry I was an idiot." He mumbled against the others lips.