Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Lev was aware the man beside him was just an illusion, he was beginning to understand that the monster was using mind control on him but he still had no idea for what reason. He could be walking right into a nest of these things to be devoured and even with that knowledge nothing changed for him, the being gave him no choice and he didn't care very much either easy.

-"Come on. Go ahead." The familiar image still beside him spoke to him when he stopped for a longer moment to observe it. It tightened its grip on his shoulder, remarkably he felt it like the touch of a real person, and pushed him forward in a gesture that was familiar to him too.

After at least a couple more hours of walking, after marching on through a few fields of problematic small bushes and a few times through shallow water, he arrived at a region with large stones scattered about and a large pile of ruble he assumed accumulated through landslides. He didn't need to wonder what he was supposed to do here since the creature commanded him right away and he got down to his knees and dragged his fingers over the smaller stones of the rubble, brushing it away.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

Atlas looked at Nick sipping on the beer.

"Man It feels like forever, and damn this town is smaller then i remember I can walk it in 20 minutes."

"Well ya we've always liked it small here. AL how have you been."

"I've been better..kinda just broke up with a boyfriend." Atlas looked at the beer.

"Awe man AL, Well then its a perfect time to get drunk."

Now, it was at least becoming apparent to Lev why the animal needed him, humans weren't the best diggers but they could solve obstacles as they came across them. What he understood needed to be cleared in this location would require different methods to be moved.

The creature was commanding him so strongly the movements of his own body were becoming something he couldn't predict, his own conscious mind was present only to feel the scraping of sharp rocks against his hands as he dug and the growing strain in his muscles. It took him a lot of effort to make his own thoughts heard and the monster reluctantly gave him enough freedom. to find a tool with which to clear the smaller rubble more effectively.

While he worked, the illusion the creature had created for him watched him from a small distance with an eerie, plastic, peaceful expression. A subtle sound, firstly similar to meaningless noise rang in his head and bit by bit morphed into a symphony of different small tones that sounded melancholic to him.

Time passed 4 drinks turned to 10 drinks which turned to 15, Atlas was definitely not a light weight he had been drinking since he was 12. But by now he was shitfaced.

"Hey, Hye nick what have you done these past years." He slurred and the other respond,

"You know the norm man raise a kid."

They went on like this until Atlas passed out. Nick hadn't drank that much so he picked up the younger man and carried him to the guest room tucking him into bed.

"Goodnight AL."

A full day passed and night came again but Lev still hadn't returned home, he hadn't even visited the house once. He'd noticed it when the sun was high up above his head and when it turned dark but he didn't at any point feel compelled to stop. After some time of moving the larger obstacles, mostly by pulling and pushing them, his hands were bloody and most of his body ached. However, all of this didn't stop him either. In the entire situation he was pushed into the role of the observer and at some point he'd stopped protesting it even the slightest. With no control over his actions and different sensations and pains to distract him, he at least hadn't thought of how he was alone again now.

The light shown into the room though the window.

"Oh Fuck." Atlas moaned and covered himself in the blanket. He felt pain come...Today would be shitty.....Hangover day.

He heard someone open the door.

"Uncle AL I've got some stuff daddy said you would want." He heard rains soft voice.

Slowly sitting up and beconing th child.

He took the tray and thanked her, it had bacon, orange juice, and pain meds. Thank you Bro..

Lev was impressed with himself, he'd expected he'd have to give into exhaustion mush sooner but he ended up repeating the same action the entire night. He was becoming sure that the thing controlling him had never had a substantial body since it failed to do anything that would spare him even a little. He'd only managed to get a drink of water in the entirety of the dig.

At dawn, when the sun illuminated the area again he could see that there really was something underneath the stones he was moving, the monster wasn't just punishing him or trying to kill him slowly.

-"What's down there?" He asked and the illusion he expected to see was there as soon as he spoke to it, however there was no answer. He continued to watch it expectantly but in response the melody from before played in his head again. Understanding that it was pointless he turned back and dragged himself back to work but stop for a moment and glanced back at the apparition and the surrounding forest. It came to him that he hadn't seen anything living pass by since he'd been lead there, and other than the sounds the monster sent into his head, it was perfectly quiet.

Atlas took a few pain pills.

"Thank god."

He ate and then covered himself back up.

"I miss you lev." He mumbled....

"Why'd we alway fight..I miss you."

Atlas felt empty....

As he noticed all the oddities he began to doubt if any of this was even real and if he was even sane any more, if the creature was really just co telling him or keeping him in this small simulation while something else is happening in reality...he even doubted if any kind of monster had come and taken him away at all or... if something had just clicked in his head and this was all some kind of glitch of his mind.

With every possibility he became more confused and afraid and the apparition, still there close to him mirrored both of these on its face and took a few steps back, away from him.

Atlas started to cry softly into the pillow...

"Lev...you where the first guy to ever say they love me." He sobbed

The emptyness and pain in his head was all he felt.

"I hope your still alive"

Lev's thought were a mess and he couldn't put together what had happened, part of his memory was unclear. His breathing quickened and he watched the illusion with a wide eyed stare as he began to panic. Concentrating carefully on the previous few days he strained to remember everything and slowly the night he'd been approached by the creature came back to him. The hunter and how he'd left became the focus of his thoughts and he felt pain over how things turned out and deep regret that he'd allowed himself to forget the man even if for a day.

-"Calm down." The apparition warned him suddenly in a quiet hiss, it had its arms wrapped around its stomach and torso and was bent over as though hurt.

Being addressed by the illusion triggered something in Lev and his features bent in anger and surprisingly becoming furious seemed the clear up his mind. He was suddenly left alone in the area.

-"Stop it..." A voice spoke in his head again like it had hummed the melody before only now it seemed quiet out of weakness or fear. The monster itself finally appeared before him but it held its distance.

-"Have to help... let us out..." He could still make out the words but when the creature tried to place images, a vision of kind into his mind there was not a strong enough connection between them any more. Lev wouldn't allow it either, he was aware of the animal trying to regain its psychic hold on him and he rough it consciously this time.

Finally the being bared its teeth at him and growled angrily before it faded away and he was left all alone suddenly feeling the full burden of his body. Everything hurt, both emotionally and physically but he was relieved to feel and control every aspect of himself again. The location looked the same but he could notice the presence of other living things around himself and was assured that he was seeing things clearly now, though a small fear still existed at the back of his mind that the monster hadn't let go of him completely. Eager to get away from this place where he was lead to, that still held something significant and potentially dangerous underneath it, he rushed through the forest as quick as he could considering the state he was in.

Atlas eventually got up taking a nice shower and feeling better.

"Hey nick I'm goin out for awhile." He yelled as he left

He walked the street. It felt nice to be back..he knew everyone here.

He walked for about and hour outside of town to where the house was..As he got closer the tighter his chest got.

"I need to see them I haven't visted in forever."

His parents were ever buried but they both had a plack in the ground to represent them.

Lev had trouble finding his way home, he hadn't even realized how far the monster had led him. He was glad to be back in his own space and felt safe there even though realistically it was just as possible to be sought out by the creature there as anywhere else in the forest.

He was so tired and ready to collapse somewhere but forced himself to wash the blood and dirt off of his hands first at least. The cuts and scratches on his hands were worse than he'd though and it made him wonder just how spaced out was he when he'd been clearing the rubble. He didn't have the will to treat the wounds properly, the moment the layer down on the bed he was deep asleep.

Atlas saw it...It was a big house made of wood.

"I'm home."

Unconsciously he started crying.

"I'm really home."

He started sprinting towards the house that was abandon years ago. Looking under the mat there it was the key he put there at age 15.Opening the door it seemed like a place lost in time. It was just how it was the day he left, just with more dust....He had cleaned everything the day before he left. Now all that was left for him was the dusting. He closed the do quickly dusting the whole house with his mothers duster.

He was still crying but happy now, memories of him as a baby running around. when he was done he confronted his biggest fear first...His parents bedroom..It was the only thing he hadn't killed since they died. Both his parents were neat so it was neat to and everything was still there, from his mothers make up to his fathers ties. He collapsed to his knees.

"Mommy Daddy,why you leave."

Fortunately, Lev didn't have nightmares or dreams that could confuse him more once he was awake or make him unsure if the monster was getting to him again. For hours he slept peacefully even though he was alone and missed someone horribly, for a moment there was nothing wrong.

Atlas was reduced to a kid who never had time to greave over his parents death. He went to their bed and laid on it.

"Mom, dad." He was just mumbling.

After about an hour or so he got up and decided to go out to his parents memorial before it got dar he already knew in his head he would atleast stay the night. Lucky his house was off the grid with its own power source so he was fine.

He walked about 5 minutes up the hill to the apple tree where the placks were in the ground.

"Hey mom, dad..." He sat down. "It's me little Atlas... I know I looked a lot different the last time you saw me...I had longer hair...not muscular.....I wanted to let you guys know some stuff. First is how much i miss you. I can't describe the way I feel....I love you......"

Lev woke up and fell back asleep repeatedly, it was a long while before he willed himself to get out of bed. Getting some rest was good for him but he still felt horrible despite it, with everything that had happened he doubted he would feel better any time soon.

He moved through the house sluggishly and was lost in thought for most of the evening. He made food and treated his wounds even though he wasn't very interested in either eating or struggling with cleaning cuts.

After being completely brainwashed and having his idea of reality twisted he needed another human to talk to and reassure him everything was right. He regretted not being closer to his parents and for the first time he full-heartedly missed the friends he'd lost when he'd left the academy. Not even knowing where the man he loved was or if he would see him again made Lev miserable, all he wanted from the hunter was to see him again, talk to him.

"Mom,I miss how you would make dad clean and how you always seemed so happy...dad I miss how you would grab mom at random times and kiss her, telling her that you loved her as if it were the first time i saw her." he smiled "Your love was what true love was...Second thing...I need to get this off my chest....I'm gay..I like men...I'm sorry, I can never pass on the blood line......But I've felt this way since i was young but I was so scared to tell you. I just want you to know......Im sorry....The next is that I have become a hunter..I know you hated them...But I had not choice but to go to the acdemy.. and I'm a scinecsest like you....I have animal friends and...I am teaching." He began to cry, more like sob. "I wish you could see me i've tried so hard."

Failing to think of anyone he can reach out to, Lev returned to bed but didn't fall asleep again , instead he watched the ceiling in silence. He brushed a hand through his hair that was a dirty mess by then and sighed.

An idea came to him, he'd written it off as ridiculous before but now it seemed to make more sense. He thought it over carefully if he should even act on it or think about it later when his head is clear of desperate and self destructive thoughts, but in the end he got up and searched for his phone. He'd forgotten about the device since he'd come to the mountains so it took him a while to find it even though it was placed neatly on a shelf in the living room. With the phone actually in his hand he became reluctant to call again, he doubted he could handle the ironic tone of the man he intended to speak to while he was feeling so down. He put the phone away and collected a few things, weapons mostly, and placed them in the car he had there.

He still had the foolish hope that someone would come looking for him so he left the place unlocked. All of his things were still scattered around the house but he doubted a thief would appear in this forest far away from anything. Planing to drive during the night and arrive early in the morning he set off, hoping the person he was going to visit was still where he expected him to be.

He put his head to the ground..

"I've never been able to greave your deaths properly, Im sorry, I love you and have never went a day without thinking of how great of parents you were, your were cut short but I'm sure you would have made me into an even better person." He was still crying..

"I've had a boyfriend, His name was Lev....I really love him and miss him.....we got into a fight...I trust my gut..just like you taught me...it didn't derives to live....what if lev's husrt because I left him."

He Looked at the names carved in to the placks.

Lev wanted to turn back before he even passed by the first tree but pressed on solely to avoid acting like an indecisive little kid. He drove as insanely as he usually did when there was no one with him to worry, he wanted to be out of the forest before it was dark so he had a reason to be a bit reckless in exchange for speed.

He wondered what he would find at the end of his trip, considering a couple of years had passed since he'd last seen the man he was looking for. They'd been friends a long time ago, before they ended up in the academy and Lev managed to fit in much better and found himself a new group to spend all his time with. He doubted his old comrade was ever angry at him for this but was fairly sure the topic would come up as some sort of emotional blackmail.

"Mom...Dad I love you." He yelled. "I will see you soon."

Walking away it took him minutes to get home. Then He remembered he literally had no food. Grabbing his cell, he called nick.

"Hey bro I'm at my house can you drop off some basic grocery if you can?"

"Of course."

Soon nick came giving him the stuff, Rain on his back. He looked Atlas over, pulling him into a bear hug.

"You went there and talked to them didn't you."

All atlas did was nod.

After driving along mountain roads that better fit the description of dirt paths, Lev was mildly annoyed to be reintroduced into real traffic. Hellish routes were no problems for him but other drivers quickly made him angry.

He was aware when he passed close by a building of the academy, he would had avoided the area but didn't notice it was along the way. There were a few reasons for him to come by there but that was one stupid decision he would skip. Instead he continued on his way and didn't stop late in the night when he finally grew tired of driving in the darkness and made a stop.

Atlas hugged him and let them leave. He went to the kitchen it was a really nice kitchen. As he went through what nick brought. Starting to make dinner.

"If Lev was here I would make something really nice..."

The room Lev ended up in for a short rest was small and he had trouble relaxing since his paranoia that the place might not be clean was getting the better of him. The only good thing was that not being in the mountains helped him feel better, there was nothing to remind him of either pleasant or bad moments there.

He spent no more than an hour at the location and only sat in one place in silence.