Monster hunt (Private)

ZX-MetalMonster

Hearing the apology Lev smiled into the kiss even though he didn't want to admit to the hunter that he' gotten hurt because of the monster. He didn't want the man to worry again, especially not about a wound he'd earned out of stupidity. He broke the kiss but didn't move away from the other, instead he left only a couple of centimeters between them.

-" You weren't an idiot, you were right." He whispered and seemed to become more serious and less cheerful.

-"I'm sorry... maybe you were right about me too, I know what I'm like... it just hurt so much to hear it from you."

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZX-MetalMonster

• Funny Otaku

Atlas's eyes widened, the other said he was right...

"No I wasent i should have listened to you. I jumped to the conclusion to kill it to quick. I was definitely wrong about you...You are so nice."

Atlas put his head in the others crook in his neck.

"Lev, I know were having a moment and stuff, but who are theses guys?" Atlas question not understanding what was going on.

Even though he admitted being wrong it made Lev happy to know the hunter didn't think all of these bad things about him.

-" Academy drop out... well, one of them, the other was officially killed on an assignment a few months ago." He explained even though he was tempted to answer much differently.

-" I asked them to help me hunt down the monster. Though I think I might be working with them now..." He added unsure himself if everything that had happened earlier meant he would have to go on other hunts with the two.

Atlas turned around giving the men a smile.

"My names Atlas, nice to meet you."

Atlas held the others hand, squeezing it. He then leand his head on the others shoulder. It felt weird....The shoulder had something on it a cushion. Quickly so Lev wouldn't interfere, He lifted the others shoulder to revile a blood stained bandage.

"Lev.....Lev...You said you were okay...I hugged you it must have hurt...Lev....Can..Can I rebandage it?" He asked gently. He wanted to help and care for the other.

Fin had returned to wearing a blank expression but forced himself to smile at the hunters introduction, it wasn't a genuine smile and seemed very strange on him. In truth he wasn't very sure how it would be appropriate act considering how they were meeting the man.

Vincent had ignored both Lev and Atlas except for glancing at their "inappropriate display of emotion" at one point and shaking his head in distaste.

-"Alright... the bandages got dirty quickly any way..." Lev admitted, unhappy that there was so much blood on the bandages.

-"You're still bleeding?" Fin asked in disbelief, his voice louder than usual. Lev gave him a narrow eyed stare warning him not to make a big deal of it but he was oblivious to the silent message.

atlas took the others hand and brought him to lev's room closing the door letting Lev sit on the bed, he went and got the medical kit.

"okay I'm gonna take the bandges off." Atlas commented and did what he said.

Taking off the bandages he saw the injure.

"Lev...oh my god what happened."

He got out a needle and thread.

"Can I stitch it?"

When the wound was revealed Lev analyzed it again and it irritated him to find out the main cut, stitched properly, was still clean but the minor cuts turned out deeper than he'd though and hadn't stopped bleeding since the bandages had been placed on them. The injury was irregular, in some places the skin seemed like it was ripped apart.

-" Yeah... just be careful with the part that's already getting better, I don't want it to start bleeding again." He told the hunter and purposefully left out an explanation to how he'd ended up like this.

Atlas nodded knowng this wasn't the time to talk. He stuck the needle with anisticeitc in to numb the area first.

"Sorry it that hurt." He mumbled.

He then started to clean the wounds and slowly he started to stitch the wounds. He was good at it, like a medical doctor. It took around an hour but he was finally done sticking everything he cleaned the blood off and then rebandged it.

"Im sorry i wasn't there to help...Your all hurt right?" He asked. "I've been and idiot haven't i."

Lev didn't complain though the process did hurt considerably in a few moments. He didn't think about the wound too much, instead he watched the hunter in silence and was happy just to be beside him again.

-"We'll all be fine, and I'm glad you weren't there... I don't want you anywhere near that thing..." He didn't want the man to end up hurt because of this creature, he was sure he and the other two would manage to defeat it on their own.

-"You'd said you wouldn't leave again..." He reminded the hunter.

"I know I say things and then things change..Ugh but right now i dont plan on leaving you alone for quiet some time. Especially in your state. I just want to help you." Atlas held his head in his hands. "I Just feel bad I couldn't help, while i was lounging around at my house you guys got hurt.."

He looked at Lev.

Lev didn't move away from the touch and looked at the hunter with a pronounced frown.

-"Only "right now" isn't alright with me." He protested but spoke in an even, calm voice and reached his. hand to brush his fingers against the man's cheek gently.

-"If you leave again, that will be it..." He hated giving the other an ultimatum, especially when he knew he'd be horribly hurt if the hunter really were to leave again and everything was brought to an end. However Lev also knew they can't continue like this, hurting each other repeatedly and the coming back together as though nothing had happened.

Atlas nodded it made sense. Atlas didn't think he could take another "beating" emotionally.

"I understand..." He sighed.

"I'm gonna set up a sleeping bag for me and Dac out in the living room, with the others. Im quite tiered from driving all day." Atlas didn't have and emotion in it, He stood up and waved saying goodnight and walking into the other room.

"Hope you guys dont mind me sleeping here." He smiled

Soon he had layed out the sleeping bag and crawled init.

Lev wished the hunter would stay with him but understood it might be better for both of them not to return to acting the same they'd before separating. He told himself things would work out and be back to normal soon enough though he feared something else would go wrong.

In the living room, the other two men had taken on the same arrangement they'd had back home. Vince was on the couch and had a few ice bags placed over him, with this and his extremely displeased expression he looked almost comical. When the hunter joined them he only glanced at him and said nothing.

Fin didn't have anything soft to sleep on so he went to ask Lev for a blanket and a few other things but started as conversation with his old friend and didn't return very soon.

Atlas fell asleep fast. He dream he was back home his mom, dad and him on the hill their placks are on having a picnic.

"Dad mom. I love you." Atlas said in the dream he was about 6 years old.

He ran around with the animals as his parents sat watching and laughing at the antics he would do.

It was a nice dream Atlas was happy.

It was well past midnight when Fin finally came back to the living room and found a place for himself on the floor. Lev didn't fall asleep right after his friend left though, he didn't feel comfortable alone in the room with extra space when everyone else was improvising to find a place to sleep. Still the one who would deserve a real bed the most was Vince who had the most injuries and Lev certainly didn't want to spend the night beside the brutish man.

Lev drifted off eventually and slept well past noon, exhausted by the hunt and his injury. The other two were up much earlier and no one disrupted anyone else's sleep. Lev was left alone to rest for as long as he needed to.

Atlas woke up before sun rise and took Drac outside with him as they hiked up a small hill so they could see the sun rise.

"Wow it's amazing." He mumbled.

Atlas didn't really feel like going back yet though so he decided to go to the cave and see if the pups were still there. It took a few minutes to get there and Atlas liked the cold air. It felt nice to be in the woods again.

Once he got there and went in he was tackled by now bigger pups? He laughed

"You guys have grown so fast wow its not been that long." He smiled.

He spent about an hour there and then said goodbye heading back to the house by then it was around 9 o'clock. The other 2 seemed to be awake but still laying down.

"What would you guys want for breakfast I can make you some"

The hunter had already been gone when Fin woke up and seeing the man return made him realize how long he'd been wasting time lazing around. He got up and didn't bother to fix his closed that he'd slept in or his unruly hair.

-"He'll eat anything as long as it's not healthy... " He said, motioning at Vince who gave him a mild glare. "...and I'm not picky either. I'd like to help out if that's alright." He offered, though everything he said was polite and friendly his expression and tone were neutral and made him seem calm.

Atlas smiled at them.

"No need to help it seems like all of you went through a lot yesterday so I'll cook the meals today you guys can rest. I need to make myself useful anyway." He replied cheerfully.

Atlas looked in the fridge it didn't have much but he found some bacon and pancake mix.

He soon whipped up a bunch of pancakes and slices of bacon. He went over the other two men handing them each a plate with a pile of bacon and about 4 pancakes

"Hope this is enough but if you are still hungery I can make more."

He put 2 pancakes and 3 slices of bacon on his own plate and made the same amount that he made the other two men for Lev and put it in the fridged to heat it for when he woke up.

Fin finally gave the hunter a genuine smile and thanked him for the food. He was easily the smallest of the men in the house and accordingly he didn't need as much to eat, he planed to give part of his portion to Vince, it was one of the unspoken rules that existed between the two of them.

-"Are you with the academy?" Fin asked after a moment of silence, the question had been on his mind for a while by then. He was curios about a few things but he already felt like the man was a reliable comrade, mostly because of his closeness to Lev.

Atlas went over and sat with them, while they all ate. He was happy to finally talk to the other men and see a smile.

"Yes I'm a hunter or more like a scientist, I started the academy at 15. The animal on my head was the first what Lev calls monsters, I tamed at age 17. Are you guys out of it now?"

He was happy to be back and it finally was staring to feel normal.

Both men looked at the creature the other had on his head, Fin hadn't played attention and hadn't noticed it while Vince had noted its there and just didn't know what it was.

-"We both left, for different reasons." Fin explained. "It's impressive that you've tamed as monster." He added but it was noted like part of an analysis rather than a compliment. Vince didn't seem to agree though but didn't say anything, somewhere along the way he'd returned to letting Fin take care of conversations, deals and such stuff.

"Well I grew up being in a house where before i could walk i was in the woods interacting with all different types of things." He smiled and contended to eat. He had realized he was a much more open person then both of them

"May I ask where you guys know Lev from?" He was cirious

-"We lived in the same neighbourhood when we were children." Fin replied with a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Vincent met him on an assignment-" He began to explain for the other man but Vince raised his broken arm in a gesture that signaled him to stop. H

-"Lev and his buddies thought it would be funny to annoy a monster that could break them like twigs and me and a few more guys had to go save their asses. " Vince summarized their first meeting, becoming angry as he remembered it.

-"It wasn't like that...he's exaggerating." Fin said giving his comrade an unamused look.

Atlas smiled at Vince's story.

"That sounds a lot like Lev, one time I left because of things I came back and he looked worse then he does now. He scared the crap out of me."

Atlas had finished his meal and got up putting the plate in the sink to clean later then returning to the others.

"May I ask you what happened to you guys, it looks baD?" He asked because he wanted to hurt the thing that hurt Lev he was pissed, that he wasn't there to help.

Vincent excluded himself from the conversation and returned to just listening now that he'd used the chance to express his frustration and complain. He'd finished his plate of food but just stacked Fin's on top of it and continued eating what the other man had left for him.

Fin gave the hunter a confused look. "Lev hasn't told you?" He assumed his friend had already told the man all about what had happened but obviously that wasn't the case.

-"Well... to summarize it, he brought us here to help with a creature, none of us really know what it is. We had trouble even finding it at first and then we couldn't catch up with it to fight it. Lev got caught into one of it's illusions and we used that to attack the creature while it was distracted..." Fin thought and looked away from the hunter. " I'm sorry... I suppose he wouldn't have gotten hurt if we'd snapped him out of it right away... The fight was straightforward from then on, the monster didn't use any more mind tricks but it escaped before we can finish it. Lev was bleeding badly and Vince could barely get by then, we couldn't chase after it." Fin explained and Vince glared at him for a moment, unhappy with how he'd phrased a few things.