Kiss by Chance (Noise Prince and ♠[Rin]♠ )

Noise Prince

Yukio blinked at Hideki, then rose both eyebrows. "...Looking forward to it, Kanada-san." So he had taken it serious, what a nice ... change?

A nice guy. Yeah, a nice guy.

"Anyway, we should get in then, shouldn't we? Not that it all starts and we are standing here around and talking." He already turned to the classroom and took one step towards it. Next Friday would be fun. He shouldn't use sarcasm anymore, he figured.

[Want to skip the time until Friday or do you have something planned? c:]

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ♠[Rin]♠

• Noise Prince

"Yeah, it'll be great!" Hideki told him. "I'll look forward to it, too!" He started to follow Yukio in- after all, it would start soon and he should be on stand-by in case they needed to make some set adjustments before starting.

"O-oh, wait, first… can I have your number, Takagawa-kun?" Hideki asked him. Then he paused. He had talked to his older sisters, for advice about talking with someone he liked, and they all advised him about coming on strong, since he basically had no filter about what he said, and that can make people uncomfortable.

'Boundaries, boundaries…' He repeated mentally.

"Or, how about I give you my number? That way I won't be able to contact you until you contact me first?" Hideki offered, trying to be wary of how he might be making Yukio feel.

"My number?" Yukio asked, looking at Hideki over his shoulder. Then he shrugged. "Fine, give me your number. It's one way of showing that you haven't gotten the balls to take my number." He was joking, but he wanted to see Hideki's reaction to that. "No matter how nice you try to be, you need guts, my friend." That was an advice, somehow. Yes, Yukio was quite sure it was one. And not even a mean one. He wanted to see if Hideki could actually become a bit more ... stronger. He seemed so insecure. He didn't need to be.

(If you don't mind my saying, The "That was an advice" should probably be "That was advice" or "That was supposed to be advice" or something along those lines. "Advice" is one of those words that don't follow any English rules. And the following line should be "Yes, Yukio was quite sure it was. And he didn't say it to be mean." or something similar)

(^Also, I'm American, so maybe other English-speaking countries use it the way you have, and I haven't heard of that usage, so if that's the case, don't mind me ^^; )

Hideki smiled, and took a slip of paper out of his pocket. He had written his number in advance, hoping he'd see Yukio and be able to give it to him.

"Alright, so feel free to call or text me whenever!" Hideki told him, grinning. "And guts… I'll try to remember that." He said, nodding, though he wasn't really sure what he needed to do in order to have more guts. Was he a coward? He shrugged it off for now, maybe he could ask Yukio later.

"I have to go backstage for now, so enjoy the show, alright?" He said, waving enthusiastically as he went towards the stage. More people started filling in.

For an amateur play put together in a few weeks, it wasn't bad. The costumes were cheap looking, and the some of the sets were painted with little regard for color choice, but everyone knew their lines, and most of the actors really got into character. Even though it was dark when the crew started changing the sets, as the entire room's lights had to be turned off, Hideki would wave out towards the audience, hoping Yukio might see him, and know it was meant for him.

[sorry I forgot to answer your question in the last post… I have no plans after this, so a time-skip's fine, I just wanted them to exchange numbers first, is all ^^]

[i noted that down, thank you ^-^I didn't know advice was use without an article. I barely use it. I hope I remember it! If I do that mistake again, tell me, please °^° My brain likes to leave such little details out. Also, I will do the time skip, if you don't mind.]

"Of course." He took the piece of paper, then watched Hideki leaving. The show began soon after, Yukio took a seat and watched it. He looked rather bored yet impressed. His classmates were sometimes geniuses. Whenever Hideki waved out to the audience, Yukio rose both eyebrows. He acted weird, like a kid waiting for chocolate...

_________________ Time skip. __________________

One week later it was Friday evening. Outside the sun had already set, the sky was coloured with soft orange and red tones yet it was dark above. Yukio was sitting on his bed, fishing his phone out from his pockets. He searched for Hideki's number, then texted him.

To Kanada-san: {You can come now, if you want to. Take your time. ~Takigawa}

It was 7.49 p.m.

He lowered the phone and looked around in his room bored. Then he stood up and walked over to his laptop, turning on some music before connecting it with the music boxes. He was a big fan of loud music.

[You're welcome! It was the first mistake I've noticed you make, so I figured it was worth noting :p

And I don't mind ^^]

"Ah!" Hideki exclaimed, a large smile on his face when he read the text. He had been playing a game on his phone when the message popped up. He had his overnight bag packed, waiting for him at the foot of his bed, and he slung it over his shoulder, and he slipped on a pair of socks over his bare feet, and put a baseball cap over his head.

"I'm going!" He shouted to his sisters as he came out of his room.

"Don't forget all the food you've made." His oldest sister, Asuka, told him, pointing to the foods she helped him prepare earlier in sealable plastic containers that were sitting on the counter. Since Yukio invited him to his house, Hideki really wanted to make a special dinner for him.

"Oh yeah! I need another bag!" He was about to go back to his room to try to find one, but then Asuka held up a cloth bag that was suitable to what he needed.

"Hey bro, why not let one of us drive you, instead of taking two full bags on your bike?" His second oldest sister, Izumi, offered.

"Because I don't know when I'll be coming home, if he wants me to leave immediately at one point, I don't want him to wait for one of you to get me…"

"Just mind your boundaries and that shouldn't be a problem…" Izumi said, shaking her head. She really worried about her brother sometimes.

"I will, but just in case, I'm going to take my bike." Hideki told them, and finished putting the containers in the bag. Asuka took his shoulders and kissed his cheek- she was even taller than him, so she had to bend a little to do so. Izumi, the most vertically challenged of the four siblings had to get on tiptoes to do the same.

"See you later. Have fun with your friend!" Asuka said.

"Don't rush anything," Izumi warned.

"I will! I won't!" Hideki replied, hugging his sisters tightly. "And tell Ma-nii I love her when she gets home." He said, referring to the youngest of his older sisters, Mai.

"Okay, okay, just be safe." Izumi said, and ushered him out the door.

Stradling his bike, Hideki took out his phone.

To TAKAGAWAYUKIO:-) : {Okay! I am coming over now. Have you eaten yet? Also I'm bringing some movies but we don't have to watch them if you don't like any of them -- HIDEKI}

Hitting send, Hideki took a deep breath to calm himself. He put his phone back in his pocket, and kicked off- cycling down the sidewalk.

As soon as the bell rang at the door (I let you arrive, I hope that's not a problem!), Yukio opened after a few minutes. "No, I haven't eaten properly yet. Nobody's home." And he didn't like having Dinner by himself alone. Instead, he had the last piece of a chocolate bare in his right hand. He was bare-footed and wore black sweatpants in combination with a grey tanktop. He stepped aside so Hideki could enter and closed the door behind. "Why the two bags? It's one night, calm your dick."

Yukio finished the chocolate bar, then pointed into the corridor. "The living room's there, if you want to look around a bit." Left was an archway, right a flight of stairs. A dresser was also standing at the wall, it was white and looked expensive. Some shoes were remaining on carpets in front of it. The atmosphere in the house was a silent and peaceful one.

"Want something to drink?" Yukio offered. "You can sit in the living room or go upstairs to my room." He was quite nicer than in school, but the monotone tone in his voice was the same.

"Nothing's wrong with my dick, this bag if for the food I brought," Hideki said with a straight expression, holding up the cloth sack, with box-shaped protrusions on every side. He smiled.

"I hope you don't mind then, I hoped we could eat together. My sister helped me make some dishes- and she's a really good cook so I bet you'll like them!" Hideki guaranteed, following Yukio into his house, his heart was beating in his chest faster than usual, and not from the bike-ride. He took off his shoes before stepping in. He looked around the house, and smiled. Yukio lived in a really nice place! Suddenly, he started to worry about being inadequate… maybe he was used to really expensive foods. Maybe he was used to being taken to luxurious restaurants for dates…

"Yes, please." Hideki said, feeling parched from his ride. "I'll drink anything. And it's up to what you want to do. If you want to see any of the movies I brought, we could stay in the living room."

"You could lay the DVDs onto the desk in the living room, I'll be there in a minute. Then we will see. I have some movies too, we can choose then." He vanished through the archway into a nice white kitchen with some flowers here and there. He opened the fridge and pulled out some orange juice, filling two glasses with it. Then he picked the glasses up and walked into the living room, setting them onto the table. It was a large, circle-like room with two terrace doors. In the middle was a white soft couch with the table in front. Left and right was each an armchair. The furniture, including other tables and cabinets, were held in a beige tone. The plasma TV remained on another white dresser. Some colourful vases with large flowers decorated the room also. The white walls with the golden roses on top created a 'warm' atmosphere. An atmosphere like the room was for a happy family. But nobody except them two was here.

"Okay, then!" Hideki replied, and walked into the living room. It was really so nice here! It looked like a picture from a magazine, he almost felt bad for walking in it, as if he wasn't supposed to be there. He admired the wallpaper, too. He started to imagine about the type of family who would live there. Yukio's father was probably a hard-working business man, who somehow always managed to make time for his family, wearing black suits with thin black ties and gold cuffs. His mother was probably very beautiful, and wore pearls and cocktail dresses and was an accomplished writer or journalist… or something. He wondered if Yukio had any brothers or sisters. If he had any younger siblings, Hideki imagined they were very adorable and polite, and musically gifted. He smiled at the beautiful family life he imagined Yukio had.

He set his bags down next to the creamy colored sofa, and unzipped his overnight, and pulled out four dvd movies, two of them were martial arts murder mystery movies (one a sequel to the other) one was a low-fantasy about college kids who got involved in a cult in order to gain supernatural powers, and the third was Battle Royale- which Hideki had never seen before (But all his sisters liked it, so it had to be really good).

He tried to set them up in the most appealing way, and ended up arranging them in a semi-circle.

"By the way," Yukio said, when he entered the room, having set the glasses down. "Are you a deep or a slight sleeper?" He walked over to the TV, opening one of the dresser's drawers and pulling out two remote controls. He closed the drawer again and walked over to the couch, sitting down on it, his legs crossed as if out of reflex. He turned the TV on with the larger remote control, then glanced at the movies Hideki had brought.

"Oh, thanks." Hideki told Yukio when he brought the juice. "I guess I haven't really thought about that," He thought out loud, pondering his question. "I used to be a really heavy sleeper, then I became a really light sleeper in junior high. So I guess I'm more of a light sleeper, though I haven't really been woken up by anything minor since I started high school…" He concluded. He wanted to move closer to Yukio- but he remembered his boundaries. Plus, he might accidentally touch Yukio's arms.

"Do you like any of these, Takagawa-kun?" Hideki asked as he grinned, noticing the smaller boy looking over the covers of the movies he brought.

"The psychotic splatter-movie-looking ones look funny," Yukio said, leaning back on the couch. Then he folded his arms and explained, "Mei tends to knock against the aquarium glass, that's why. I don't want her to scare the fuck out of you in the middle of the night. The knocking isn't that bad, but you aren't used to it, I guess. So it might annoy you. That's why I am asking."

"Yeah?" Hideki smiled at Yukio's approval. Silver Taido Detectives was one of his favorite series, though definitely under-rated. He had read all the books, too, and he felt the movies was loyal to the source- a rarity in adaptations. "It definitely has funny moments, though it can get kind of intense at some parts." Hideki warned him, picking up the first movie and opening it, revealing the disc that had vector-style art of the three main characters and blood splatter.

"Mei…? You have a pet?!" Hideki looked at him excitedly. "A snake? Lizard? Hamster?"

"Sounds interesting, though." He pressed the Turn on button on the other remote control and a drawer under the TV opened by itself, showing a DVD player. Then he nodded. "She's my pet, but she's nothing to cuddle. She's a crayfish and very aggressive. It took two months until she accepted me around and stopped attacking the glass whenever I entered the room." He chuckled at the memories. The little animal used to jump and poke with its nippers against the thick glass, sometimes for almost two hours straight.

"Yeah, it's very good. I notice something new every time I see it!" Hideki replied.

"A crayfish! Wow, I've never met anyone with a pet crayfish before." Hideki remarked, taking the disc out and standing up, to put it in the dvd player. He pushed on the tray once the disc was in place to let it close.

"Would it be better for me not to go in your room then? Or is there something I could do to make her less afraid?" He asked, coming back to the couch, sitting a little closer to Yukio once he sat down. He took the glass of orange juice closest to him, and to a large swig, making an audible 'gulp' sound. It was really sweet, and tasted fresher than the kind he normally got at school.

"Not really afraid. She isn't afraid of you, she doesn't know you and you are in her territory. She attacks you." Yukio shrugged, leaning forward to grab his own glass. He took two sips, then set it back down onto the table. "It's fine, I guess. Look, if the knocking is annoying for you, we go to sleep down here. Simple."

He leaned back again, before turning his head to Hideki. "Do you want to have dinner later, then? Or during now during the movie?"

"Well, I doubt it'll be a bother, but that much stress on a pet like a crayfish can't be very good, right?" Hideki bit his lip. He didn't want to inconvenience Yukio by making him sleep in the living room, but he also didn't like the idea of Yukio's pet being bothered...

"Oh, well if you'd rather sleep in your bed, I don't mind staying here alone..." Hideki told him, though he had been looking forward to sleeping over *with* Yukio.

"It's up to you when you'd rather eat," Hideki replied, though he was getting hungry himself. "If you're hungry, we can warm the food up in the microwave pretty fast before we start the movie." He added, ready to reach and get the food bag.

"It's a crayfish. They have a memory of 2 minutes, mostly. You can't stress her. Believe me, her life is pure stress with that bad memory. Always searching her home every day again." He told Hideki, then shrugged. "Yeah, let's warm it up. I'll help you." Yukio uncrossed his legs and stood up, offering his hand. "I can carry something, too, if you want to unpack the food and not carry everything by yourself."

"Ah, I see, then," Hideki replied, nodding and smiling. "Then I guess it's all okay."

"That'd be very helpful, thanks!" Hideki told him, and took two large containers full of rice from the bag, handing them to Yukio. "Me and my sister made everything to put together an unadon (broiled eel and vegetables on rice) or a tendan (tempura on rice), and tonjiru (miso soup but with pork added) and yakisoba-pan (basically a yakisoba sandwich). We tried to make a variety so that you'd have something you liked…" Hideki said, labeling each container as he pulled it out. He now felt conflicted, like he should have asked what foods he liked… but he also wanted it to be a surprise.

"I eat much. I am not picky." He took the containers and walked into the kitchen. There he put them onto the large table. He moved over to the cupboards. Opening said, he pulled out some dishes. Yukio placed them onto the table, then waited for Hideki to come in. "Do you want to warm up everything or just put something onto the dishes and warm that up?"

"Okay, good!" Hideki smiled. In that case, they'd both be having their fill tonight. He watched Yukio pull out some dishes, and admired how nice they were.

"Uh… I guess we could warm it all up separately, then we could just help ourselves to whatever we want." Hideki replied, setting the food containers in a row.

"Say…do you have any brothers or sisters?" He asked the smaller boy, he had been curious since he arrived.

"Alright." Yukio went over to the microwave, opening it before he put one of the rice containers into it. He closed its door and turned it on for 2 minutes with 700 Watt. "That should be enough."

At Hideki's question, he turned to look at the brunette, shaking his head. "I am an only child. My mother wanted a second child after me, a girl, but the baby girl died during her birth." He explained. "That's why my room contains of three rooms, one of them should've been for my little sister."

Hideki watched the container spinning in the microwave, before turning his attention back to Yukio as he answered him. His face fell. What a horrible thing to happen… to lose a baby sister. He felt awful for bringing it up- he should be more sensitive! Just because the idea of Yukio being an older brother was really cute didn't mean it was real- he shouldn't assume that everyone's been as blessed with siblings as he had been.

"O-oh…. I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked you something like that…" Hideki replied, looking at his feet. "I have three sisters, a-and if anything had happened to them…" He shook his head. "I'm really sorry!"

"Three sisters?" Yukio nodded in an impressed manner. "I always found you were a great family guy. Now it proves my thoughts." The microwave stopped with a loud high sound. Yukio opened it and carefully pulled the container out. "I can't really remember what I was like when I heard that I would get a sister. I think I was excited. But I was about four years old, that's why I barely remember. Mom's changed ever since, though. I noticed that pretty early." He grabbed the other rice container, putting it into the microwave. Then he closed it and turned it on again.

He turned around, leaning back against the counter made of bright marble. "So, you don't have to be sorry. Just don't mention it around my parents and you'll be fine."