How do you choose your manga?

squishie

I usually judge by the cover considering its the first glimpse of the art style i see. It's easier to get into a manga with a not so good storyline and a beautiful art than it is to get into one with horrible art and a better plot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rraahh

• scottwm

• usagi69

• Black Rose

Well first I go by the front cover of the book, then I would check out the storyline/plot then if it looks good I will decide wether or not I will continue reading it

(*^^)v

This is actually a very difficult question xD. I think mangas, since there are so many, are all unique but hey! We all love a good art and story. Although sometimes the story starts of kind of crappy the art makes up for it, so the art and style will do because nicely drawn hot guys are the best ^\\\^

it's different every time. sometimes i go through a specific genre and choose everything that their cover caught my eyes. other times when i like a manga i would go and get all the other works of the mangaka. recommendations help a lot too. you can easily find some good recommendations based on things you like.

the plot usually doesn't play an important rule to me. sometimes i find myself enjoying the craziest plots. i think characters are way more important than the plot itself. i really hate unrealistic characters that there is no explanation for their actions.

• 2 months later...

before looking at the art, i usually read the summary first. if it got my interest, i read the first chapter for the art. if i like it, i keep reading.

I usually look whether the manga is completed or not, since I prefer completed manga.

After that, I look what genre that manga is ( I usually skip tragedy and prefer comedy and romance)

then I read the summary

If it sounds interesting, then I'll read it

Cover first. If the art is good, I'd go for it. Sometimes it doesn't live up to expectations but it's how I pick them :D

:hamtaro-005 (6):

• 1 month later...

Author, Art, Plot. If it's my one of my favorite author I'll read it no matter what.:hamtaro-005 (13): About the Art and Plot thing, I'll choose to read a manga with tolerable art and good plot than a manga with good art and boring plot.

• 5 weeks later...

Usually the genres because I like Comedy in everything and then the art style (cover). I tend to stay away from Bara and traps (shotas are fine though). And then if I liked the story, I'll search for the authors' other works.

For me, I choose first the genre, if it is kinda light and comedy, I will read it and I also choose if I know the mangaka like natsume isaku and the like.

• 4 weeks later...

first the cover and then the summary^^ and when i like a manga of this author i look for other mangas from the same author:)

If it's online then I go to MangaPark and click the search button and it gives me specific options.

Genre, rating, how many chapters, it's really helpful~

If it's at a store though....I guess I'd flip through it and read the summary.

I rarely buy manga at stores nowadays though, so this advise might be a bit obvious.

When I am choosing what manga to read next I usually check the rating because you'll usually get beautiful artwork and a nice story line, but if worst comes to worst you can always search up manga by using tags so that the manga meets your interests but that doesn't mean that you will always get a good quality of manga.

For me the art does a lot, but I'll read at least through half of the first chapter to make sure that the story isn't worth wading through the production quality if the art isn't exactly my taste. Other then that a lot of the time I choose a yaoi by how smutty it is :Dazed-drooling:

I check out the artwork (because it matters a lot to me ok) then the plot~ But if the artwork is too good I don't even care if there's no plot :_red_fox 4 but this rarely happens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the plot then.. their personality, face, artwork and other things. But I mostly use to choose a manga by genre and their artworks.

1. Authors

2. Publishers

3. Ranking

4. Cover

5. ~~whatever

Sometimes "whatever" went good too. Now I'm badly waiting for "19 days by Old Xian". It was that "whatever" one.

For me, when I choose a manga is:

* Art - I can't enjoy the story if the art is bad.

* Plot - The story should be interesting and have some plot, not purely hot scenes.

* Author - When I like a manga from a certain author, I want to read more.

:Gangnam:

At random. . I go down the list in order, I don't look at anything but the title so that I can just read without expecting anything, cause when you the plot that's pretty much it

• 3 weeks later...

First I start with authors I like or browse covers of manga... I also look for interesting plots or specific genres (i.e sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, etc) and then I quickly check some pages if I like the style. That's it, basically :)

I usually pick up titles by authors I like, or will read reviews to help me decide what other titles to get. If I don't like the drawings, I usually won't get a manga, even if it has good reviews.

First -cover : If I found it attractive I read the summary...If the story was interesting and good I read it.

-Author (sometimes)

xD I'm very picky....

hm. it depends.

Sometimes I choose by my mode random thing and I ALWAYS get the right one I needed for moment and enjoyed xD

on another hand, I read DESCRIPTION mostly.

or based sometimes on Cover but recently it's not the case x3

but the usual one method: I just search for SEME x SEME tag xD or for SUITS or BUSINESSMAN things ~~