• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rraahh

• scottwm

• usagi69

• Black Rose

Well... what's on top of the stack? I'll prolly just grab that and read it. On my Nook, whatever's next on the page to read. I figure if I have it, I want to read it at some point, so I just let luck determine what I read. Admittingly, something I'm in the middle of already may have another volume jump forward, but otherwise... (That said, I'd like to get Junjo v13+...)

First thing will catch my eye is the cover, and the look of the characters and sometimes i look at their clothes. And then if i like what i see i might or might not read the summary, i would it depending on the style and art.

-Look at the cover

-Read the summary (if the cover is of interest)

-Read the first chapter of the manga (if the plot interests me)

-Continue reading the manga (if the first chapter was good)

I choose by the art and mostly the genres

My top 5 genres

1.yaoi

2. smut

3. adult

4.mature

5. Shounen ai

just wanna put it out there

I base it on cover, then plot. I then read the first chapter and if it holds my attention I keep reading. I also sometimes will look at how many chapters there are. I really like Yaoi manga that are more than 1 volume.

I like certain Mangaka, if I like the mangaka, I'll buy it without any consideration. but if it's random manga, firt I'll see the cover, and them the title, and the story, if it's interesting I'll by it. and If the drawing is good, I'll search all of the manga with the same mangaka

Hi everybody, when i choose the manga i read, i look the cover after that i read the summary. I like when there are beautiful men!! hihihihihihihi

:hamtaro-005 (23):

I base it on cover, then plot. I then read the first chapter and if it holds my attention I keep reading. I also sometimes will look at how many chapters there are. I really like Yaoi manga that are more than 1 volume.

Basically this. The manga that I choose will change according to my mood though.

It's the same when buying manga, the only difference is that I'll check the summary instead of reading the first chapter( if I did never read the manga before).

"my steps" for choosing my manga ^_^

first and foremost, i go for the LOOKS! 'em a sucker for bishies :3

if the art style is not my type,i'll try reading its summary,and if it catches my attention,then maybe i'll add it on my bookmarks

if im currently hooked up with a nice bishie/plot manga,i have a tendency to stalk the author,and try looking if his/her other works are also as nice as the ones i've read.

and sometimes some of my friends recommend me a manga to read.

but it would be very nice to read a manga where the characters are bishies and the plot is very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

For me I go off of the cover. I'm very picky when it comes to art style in manga and anime. If I don't like the way the characters are drawn I can't fully enjoy a story. If the cover catches my eye then I look at the synopsis. Even though they are typically more common in Yaoi, I try to void one-shots. I don't know why but I don't enjoy them as much with out some sort of character development. Which is something you can't really get from one-shots.

• 2 months later...

if i know the mangaka already and it's my fav mangaka i'll read it. and other than that usually first thing when i choose manga is the cover.. then the description.. then the review hehehhe

The artwork and then the summary. I'll also flip through it too, so I can see how the artwork inside looks like.

I'm extremely picky about the artwork. I know there are going to be mistakes, but I have to see how big those mistakes are. If it's too big, like I get extremely irritated with ridiculously disproportionate bodies (huge body, small heads or extremely thick necks), I stop reading it. I studied the human anatomy for over 3 years, so I'm pretty sensitive to any sort of anatomy mistake.