How do you choose your manga?

squishie

i choose depend on the story and the genre of it, but sometimes i also choose the manga with the good cover in to it and also i most likely to read some complete manga, so that i dont need to wait for the update ^___^v

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rraahh

• scottwm

• usagi69

• Black Rose

I usually go by the cover and then I read the summary or check the genres. Though most of the time I'll just find one I really like and I try to find more by the mangaka.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I have read a particular mangaka's work and find it to my taste, I'll start from that mangaka. If I have exhausted all the titles under the mangaka's name, I'll look for something that falls under the same category. Then I'll try to go and browse the latest releases. From there I'll go to some recommendations. But most of the time I do random search. Not titles, not mangaka's name, not art, not reviews. I just browse and browse until something catches my eyes, be it with the art, summary, mangaka's name, recommendations or reviews. Whatever comes my way, I guess or depends on my mood.

First, i read the summary. Then i look the art style, if i don't like the style usually i don't read the manga. If summary and art style is okay for me, then i looked MAL reviews sometimes.. leaf2

But sometimes, the mangaka is everything.. If it is a work of my favourite mangaka, i don't think and just read :)

• 1 month later...

It's usually the art work that draws me in.

I'll check Baka-Updates for the summary, status, themes and ratings. If I'm fine with the sub-categories, then it's good~

Yeah, the mangaka plays a part too. ^^b

The artwork! Good manga has good art. I rarely read the summary and just read the sub-categories. If I am fine with them, then I check whether the manga is finished or not. If it's not, I look at the date when it's last updated. It affects a lot. If the update is so slow or in hiatus, I will not read it. Waiting is a pain T^T I need some consistent manga updates.

• 2 weeks later...

First c whether d drawing nice anot.. d guys hot n cute.then read d short summary.. if its appealin to my taste .. will continue to follow up. ..

• 2 weeks later...

The very first impression of manga, in my case, is the artwork in the cover. If I like that, I take a very quick look at the tags, and if there's nothing I absolutely dislike, I give it a go. I used to read the summary, but nowadays I just go in and let it surprise me. The plot and characters are the following decisive factors, more than once I've dropped a manga I was reading because one of these two failed to convince me or simply drove me away. There are also times when the cover art and the actual artwork are not all that synched and I find that the style wasn't really all that appealing to me, and then it's all up to the plot to save the day.

I rarely ever read about the plot anymore. I can't be bothered since the plot can move in all directions after the first few chapters. For me art says everything. If the art is pretty there is a 99% chance I will start reading it. Even if the plot end up being really bad I will probably still keep reading it. The only thing which can make me not read something despite the art being nice is if there is any triggers or genres I absolutely can't stand.

Else I trust my friend's judgements and if I get something recommended I will usually give it a try if I like the art. so for me it is pretty all about art.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a visual person so art comes first ....... but recently I've been reading some mangas who have had a very bad art but their stories are really good. x'D

ART.ART.ART.STORY.ART.

I'm the type who basically judges a book by its cover. If the drawing is fine then I'd read it. Then if the synopsis is catchy I'd definitely read it. Lastly, if it's recommended due to popular demand.

#1 is always art. I won't read anything shota or bara or yaoi handsy. #2 is summary or tags just to check for squicky things like incest, underage, or weird fetishes. If I'm still not sure then I check ratings or reviews on MyAnimeList.

ART then synopsis! If art looks nice, I'd read it. If art looks average but has nice story, I'd still read it. Not to be rude but I lose interest when I read anime with bad art. Pretty much like the original One Punch Man webcomic by ONE. I tried reading his version for faster move on with the story but I gave up. I'll be reading OPM with Yusuke Murata's illustrations even if I have to wait a long time. *sighs*

Well I guess It is a combination of art and plot. Although if the art is good I can tolerate a weak plot but I never bothered to go past the first few pages, if the art was lousy no mater how interesting the plot might have seemed.

The art is a big factor, though my standards are not unreasonably high...as long as it can be considered decent then I will most definitely take a peek. The plot is very, very important...if interesting enough, it will be sure to capture my attention.

...Hm, simply put, a well-blended combination of the two is what I find most ideal.

Guest ladybug

1) Looking at the cover

2) Checking at random page in order to get a glance of the art

3) Back to the description/summary of the manga

4) Check the number of vote and readers comments

5) For some recognized author, even the manga has low rank, I will try to read it. If I do not like the story, I just give up and try to look for another manga.

Art.. no matter how good the plot is,, i easily lose interest when the art style is not to my liking!!

Then Plot!! Then author if i found several mangas at once..!!

Mostly, it depends on my mood,, sometimes.. i crave for fluffy, sometimes hardcore!!