Beauty In The Water~~

ChibiMonkey

Thomas slowly lifted his head, his lips pursed as he began driving again. This time, he was close to the speed limit. "You should've told me..." He whispered out, close to crying, but determined to get to Bella sooner. "I was stressed? I'd rather be stressed that feel like this! You... You went out into the sea to get my sister something that could possibly cure her and I just fucked up my life!" He said loudly. Thomas almost never cursed - this just proved that he was both angry and upset... Maybe more than he'd ever been. Tears were collecting in the corners of his eyes as he stopped harshly in front of the hospital. "Let's go." He said quietly as he got out of the car, slamming the door shut. He may be the shittiest person ever, but this would save Bella.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Zombie_In_A_Box

"You had been worrying about Bella so much at the time. I could tell it was affecting you, her condition. I wanted to make sure this would work, and then surprise you" he said with a sigh, seeing the other clearly didn't appreciate it. Fintan inhaled sharply, holding his breath at the others sudden stop again, the jerking of the car as he slammed on the brakes, his seatbelt even locking up on him to keep him from falling forward into the dashboard. He let out a shaky breath, closing his eyes as he put a hand to his head, feeling sick. It had been hard getting used to cars when he originally first came to land. Now, coming back from the sea after a while, he wasn't used to the vehicle motions again, and easily made him nauseous. Like someone going out on a very rocky ship ride in the sea when they'd never been on a boat before. He flinched slightly at the slamming of the door as he just stayed in the car for a moment, regaining his balance and motion, trying not to get sick before he got out of the car.

Thomas walked angrily into the hospital after having grabbed Fintan's hand. Seemed like the little alcohol he'd managed to drink today was enough for him to have such mood swings. The brunet walked up to Bella's room and... Stopped. He stared at the number of the room, letting go off the merman's hand as he took a small step back. "...I can't." He muttered out quietly and looked away. "Go in and talk to her, I don't know, give her whatever you got and... I'll just... I'll wait here." The pianist truly seemed like he couldn't cotrol his emotions at all now. One minute he was nearly furious, and now he was upset, somewhat confused again. It would take him some time to get back to his usual self... If he ever even would.

Fintan stumbled a bit as the other grabbed his hand, pulling him out of the car and yanking him along into the hospital. He flinched, glaring at the other "Hey, what the hell is wrong with you? Calm down" he huffed in irritation as he yanked his hand away from the other, glaring at him. They soon enough reached the room, and he glared at Thomas with how he was acting. Narrowing his eyes, he slapped the other hard across the face "She's your own sister, Thomas" He scoffed, rolling his eyes "Fine, whatever" he muttered as he headed inside the room in irritation after lightly knocking the door. His eyes softened a bit seeing Bella and he offered her a light smile "Hey" he greeted softly.

Thomas stumbled back a bit at the harsh slap he received, staring at Fintan with wide eyes as he held onto his stinging cheek. Pain... It cleared his mind again. It really was the best choice then, huh? The brunet sighed, walking to sit down while rubbing his cheek. Thank god no one was here to see this..

Meanwhile Bella was - barely - awake. She didn't seem to have a very good grasp on reality, seeing as when she looked at Fintan, she didn't quite recognize him at first. However, after a short while, a small smile spread across her face. "Hi... Welcome back..." She said quietly, a few faint coughs leaving her after those words. She looked too thin to even appear healthy. Her skin was paler, and the dark bags under her eyes just proved her bad condition. "Did you see my brother anywhere?... He hasn't come to visit for a while..." She talked quietly, a bit slower than before, as if it was hard.

Fintan walked into the room, gently sitting down on the chair beside her bed. He frowned a bit as she asked about Thomas, and he glanced to his hand that still stung from hitting him "He's uh, just outside getting some air, I think...." he trailed off, unsure what to say. Obviously he needed Thomas to drive him here, so he couldn't lie and say he wasn't there "I'm sure he'll come in soon" he muttered a bit. He quickly shifted from the topic of Thomas, and held up the bag "Remember what I promise?" he said with a light smile "I have it all here, all prepared and everything, If you're still willing to try."

Bella's expression turned into a small frown as the other answered vaguely about her brother. So he still didn't want to see her... "Okay." She still muttered out quietly, closing her eyes for a moment. However, they shot open when the merman held out the bag and reminded her of the promise. "You have it all?..." She asked with wide, tired eyes as she shakily took the bag with her frail hands. The girl took out the pills, looking at them with parted lips. "So these have a chance of helping?.. How many do I have to take?" She questioned while slowly lifting one to inspect it. Thomas, on the other hand, couldn't bring himself to come in even now.

Fintan bit his lip, going worried as she was all upset at thinking Thomas didn't want to see her "No no, Bella, that's not it" he said shaking his head "He loves you Bella, It's not you he doesn't want to see" he said with a small, bitter smile as he averted his eyes "It's just me..." he sighed softly, but brushed it off. Well, it wasn't a full lie, it was half true. But he'd rather her think that then for her to think her own brother, he only family left, didn't want to see her. He turned back to the topic of the bag, and smiled seeing her light up "Here, let me help you sit up" he set, taking the bag from her as he set it on the table. He gently helped her sit up, going gently and very slowly as to not discomfort her. He watched her inspect the gooey, green tablet. It couldn't really even be qualified as a pill, but it was the easiest thing to call it "For you, just take two a day, One in the morning, one at night. Normally we take a bit more in a day, but, you probably wont be used to it. So just two a day. Then after a week or two if your body isn't rejecting them or anything, then a little more wouldn't hurt" he said with a light smile "And you have to chew it. Preferably have them on an empty stomach, not with food."

Bella couldn't help but sigh out at Fintan's words about her brother. "I know what's been happening, Fintan... I've seen what it all did to him. He cut himself, did you know?" She asked quietly, pain in her voice and eyes. "Of course he doesn't want to see me... He doesn't want me to see him..." The girl almost whispered out, lightly rubbing her left eye. As she sat up, her head fell back helplessly against the pillow. She really could barely do anything by now. They'd stuffed her with so many painkillers, she couldn't feel half of the stuff by now. As she listened, the girl nodded quietly. "Okay... Thanks, Fin." She said with a soft smile as she reached out for his hand, lightly taking it with her own cold one. "You helped out me now, so... Can you also help out my brother?" She pleaded softly, her eyes glimmering slightly in the white light of the hospital. "You're the only one who can help him get back into life... Now that you're back... Please, please just help him..." She pleaded quietly, closing her eyes soon as she clutched the bag to herself.

Fintan sighed a bit, averting his eyes from the girl as he was unable to look her in the eyes "Yes, I'm aware of all that..." he said and frowned glancing back to her "I'm also aware he cheated on me" He frowned bitterly, his eyes pained with sadness as he looked to the floor. He thought Bella had been aware of that, not knowing she actually didn't know about the cheating part. He glanced back to her with a frown, gently holding her hand "I'm not so sure I can do that, Bella..." he murmured softly. He didn't know if he could help the man any more. He tried to be strong for Thomas, to try and help him, but he no longer could keep the strong face, Before he knew it, the tears started spilling from his eyes again and he leaned forward, burying them in his hands. He understood Bella's concern, and that Thomas wasn't his usual self. But he didn't know if he could help the other, when he himself was in so much pain.

Bella seemed to have frozen when the other mentioned Thomas cheating on him. "...What?..." She asked quietly, staring at the merman with wide eyes. "But... I... There must've been.. A reason... No...?" She questioned quietly, her eyes showing pure sadness as the other began crying into his hands. The girl reached out and gently ran her frail, shaking hand over Fintan's hair. "You don't find the need to forgive him?" She asked quietly, her other hand gripping the pill tightly. "Fintan, I... I want my brother back. My real brother back... Now he's like a ghost.. You're really the only one who can help him, so please..." She almost whispered out, closing her eyes for the moment. "Please, Fintan..."

Fintan just shook his head into his hands as he listened to her, asking if he could forgive him "O-of course I want to...and I've been trying....but it's just so hard when he hardly acknowledges me" He murmured into his hands, unaware Thomas was still just outside the door and could hear if he wanted to. He bit his trembling lip, trying to stop his tears, though, the more he thought about Thomas, the sadder he became and harder it was for him to stop his tears "That's all I want too Bella...But he won't even look at me...he just doesn't care anymore" He sniffled. Her hand in his hair seemed to help calm him a little bit, but he knew if it was Thomas he could calm him down so much more easily. All he wanted was to be in his arms, to be loved by him again, to have their old relationship back.

A small frown formed on Bella's face as she listened quietly. Slowly, she pulled her hand away, placing it on her lap instead. "Do you know how many times he came here, doing the same thing as you are doing right now? He cried about you, Fintan... I really doubt he'd 'barely acknowledge you'." She talked quietly, a frown staying on her face. "Don't ever say my brother doesn't care." She said quietly, her voice gaining a bit of coldness to it. "He cares, he cares a lot... Maybe he's afraid to show it? Be patient with him... He'll get back, but only if you actually help him out." She said with softness coming back as she smiled at the other. "Please." She added quietly, her eyes closing again. Seemed like all of this talking took a lot of strength...

Fintan flinched a bit as Bella spoke a little colder to him. He didn't want to talk poorly of Thomas with her, so he didn't say anything more. He didn't want to upset her further, nor argue with her, especially about Thomas "I understand" he mumbled, sniffling as he wiped the tears away, taking in a deep breath an exhaling "Sorry, I've bothered you for too long, you should get some rest" he said with a small smile, biting the inside of his cheek hard to distract himself with pain to keep from crying in front of her anymore "I'll come back and visit soon, Thomas too" he promised as he stood up, still wiping at his face.

Bella nodded lightly, watching Fintan with sad eyes. "Okay... Thanks." She said softly before closing her tired eyes again, gripping the bag to herself. She would take the pill a bit later, maybe before dinner. Thomas, in the meanwhile, hadn't even attempted to listen. Nor did he have the strength to come in. He was sitting in the same position, his cheek slightly red from the slap he received previously. The brunet let out a shaky sigh, closing his eyes. The time alone, now knowing that Fintan was back, only made him feel worse about himself... Made him understand just how horrible he was actually acting. He decided to wait for the other to come out and actually try more. If he had to, he'd use pain to snap himself out. It helped... It helped him, and that was all he needed.

Fintan let her be to rest, before leaving the room, shutting the door behind him. It had been obvious he was crying, red eyes that were still covered in tears. He blinked a bit, seeing Thomas right there, and his eyes fell onto the others red cheek. He sighed a bit, glancing away "Sorry for hitting you" He mumbled softly "Lets go home" he said as he turned away from the other and began walking down the hall. Just looking at Thomas made him want to break into tears. He understood what Bella was saying, that he really did care and love him. But at the moment, it was hard to believe. And Fintan didn't want this to be a one-sided fight to save this relationship between them. He couldn't do that, he didn't have the mental strength to always be the one trying so hard, when he was hurting just as much as Thomas.

Thomas' gaze shot up the moment he heard Fintan coming out. He opened his mouth at the apology, for a while staring at the other's tearful eyes. He stood up quietly and, as the other was walking off, stopped him by gently wrapping his arms around his waist from behind. "I deserved it anyway." He muttered out softly as he placed a small, light kiss on the merman's cheek. "Why were you crying?.." He questioned quietly, gently stroking the other's waist with his thumbs. It was weird to hold him like this again.. But he liked it. He liked it too much to let go. His grip tightened a bit as he pulled his boyfriend closer and placed his chin on his shoulder. "How did Bella react to it?" He asked again, staying still, in one place.

Fintan was rubbing at his eyes as he walked away, but suddenly was stopped, feeling arms around his waist and the warmth of the other against his back. His eyes snapped open wide in surprise, just standing there in awe and surprise. He felt his heart flutter a bit as he relaxed in the others grip, placing his hands atop the others around his waist "I-I wasn't crying" he blushed stubbornly as he looked away from the other, despite the fact it was more than obvious he was lying, and he'd been crying. He closed his eyes, wondering if this was perhaps a dream. He leaned his head back against the others shoulder, hands tightening on the others, afraid to let go, that if he did, the other would go back to ignoring him. "She's happy...still very weak but, I'm hopeful this will help her...." he said as he let out a deep sigh, turning around to face the other, arms wrapped around him hugging him close "She want's to see you, you know" He spoke softly.

Thomas smiled softly as the other insisted that he wasn't crying. He gently turned the other away, kissing off his tears before returning to the previous position. "If you say so." He muttered out with a small smile. His slapped cheek felt like burning when he pressed it to Fintan's neck... It helped him keep his head clear, actually. "I hope so too, Fin." The pianist muttered out softly, gently kissing his cheek again. When the other turned back around and said about Bella wanting to see him, the man felt guilty. "I know... I'm sorry..." He murmured softly, holding Fintan to himself. His gaze was turned down again, but he nearly forced himself to lift it back up. "Do you want to do anything else before we go back?" He asked softly, pressing a very light kiss to his lips. "I have to go to the shop for some food anyway..."

Fintan hugged the other close, just reveling in this feeling of being in the others arms. He didn't know how much longer it would last, so he savored it while he could. He finally got a glimpse back of the old Thomas, and he smiled a bit. His heart skipped a few more beats when the other kissed him, even if so lightly, he managed a small smile, having finally stopped crying, though his eyes were still red "No, there's nothing in particular" he said as he listened to the other explain how he needed to get food. He nodded his head lightly "Sure, that's fine" he said. Eventually, he finally pulled away, knowing they couldn't stay like that forever, as much as Fintan wanted to. But the second he let go, his took hold of the others hand tightly as the began walking towards the exit and back to the car.

Thomas smiled sweetly at the other, nodding a bit. For Fintan, he had to try to stay like this. Lile before... Until he could do it without hurting himself, he should just inflict a bit of pain to keep his mind clear... The brunet smiled sweetly, gripping onto his hand a bit tighter. He lightly stroked it with his thumb as ghey walked towards the car in silence... But this time it wasn't crushing. It was soothing, more. When they reached the car, Thomas got in and glanced at Fintan. "I'm really sorry, Fin... I'll try to get back..." He promised with a quiet sigh. "But... I might be out more often... I've been having troubles with money."

Fintan didn't know what happened to the other to suddenly get him trying more, like this, but he enjoyed it. He smiled as he laced his fingers with the others as they held hands, before the arrived at the car and had to let go. He got into the car with the other, looking to Thomas with a small smile when he spoke "I understand...I'm not asking you to be perfect, Thomas. This whole situation is hard on both of us, and it probably wont be perfect for a while....all I'm asking is that you try, that we both try for each other" He said, leaning over and kissing the others cheek softly "I don't want to feel like I'm the only one trying to save our relationship" he murmured softly, moving to kiss his lips softly.

Thomas listened to Fintan quietly, nodding a bit in understanding. He smiled lightly at the kiss to his cheek. It felt nice to feel his boyfriend's lips on his own once again... The brunet kissed back a bit hesitantly at first, but soon placed his hand on the other's cheek, deepening it a bit. It wasn't enough to appear forceful, but enough to actually show his love towards the merman. He pulled back after a bit, his smile slightly sad and very soft. "I love you." He whispered out with an honest expression, feeling the words on his tongue. They were like a sweet flavor that he'd missed... That he'd nearly forgotten.

Fintan smiled lightly, glad he could finally talk to the other with him understanding him, and not drowning in his depressing. He smiled into the kiss softly as he leaned into the hand on his cheek, closing his eyes with a smile on his lips as he kissed the other. As they pulled away from the other, Fintan offered a small smile back to the other "I love you too, Thomas...I really do" he murmured, kissing him once more to prove it, kissing sweetly before pulling back away from the other "You wanted to go get food, right? Lets go...erm...but...please drive a bit more slowly and carefully than last time....I almost got sick" he muttered, hoping the other would catch on and remember.

Thomas smiled softly as the other said he loved him too. It was so nice to hear that again... The brunet was a bit confused at the request, but soon got it and immediately looked a bit guilty. "I'm sorry..." He muttered out softly as he turned on the engine and began drivng - this time, certainly slower. The two of them drove to the shop where Thomas bought some essential stuff - milk, toilet paper, flour and so on. As they got home, he got out first, carrying the bags in his his hands. He should play the piano a bit... If he wanted to hold a performance, he should see if his skills were still there.