Beauty In The Water~~

ChibiMonkey

Thomas stayed silent, his head throbbing with each word he heard. The pain transfered to his heart, he felt like some metal hand was gripping it tightly... Almost enough for it to burst. Everything he heard just made more tears flow down as he slid down the wall, hiding his face in his knees. He often did it as a child, when he just needed to escape from reality. "I didn't mean to..." He whispered quietly, his voice shaking as he shook his head. Finally lifting his face to look at his love, the brunet had shame, guilt, sadness and loneliness written all over it. His eyes were red and puffy from his crying, his shoulders trembling and his cheeks wet from the tears he shed. "I swear to god, Fin..." He whispered quietly, looking away from the other again, unable to take his gaze and the obvious blame and distrust in it. "I got drunk... I went out... The next thing I remember is waking up in another man's bed!" He tried to explain himself, but he knew it sounded so damn pathetic... "I can't... I can't even forgive myself. I don't expect you to..." He whispered out, unable to say it any louder than that. However, his eyes widened at the last question. "Of course not! I'd never, ever be disgusted with it!" He said a bit louder, though immediately fell into coughing, more tears streaming down his face.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Fintan hadn't stopping biting his lips since arriving back and finding all of this out. He didn't know how to handle a situation like this. It was almost as painful as dying, he believed. Especially considering he was a merman, as, the merpeople didn't cheat on their mates. They could 'sleep around' with others before being in a committed relationship, but that was so accepted because one a merman or woman found their mate to be in a relationship with, they mated for life and stayed with them forever. Which is why, even though Fintan knew Thomas was only human, it still killed him inside he still cheated on him. He sighed heavily, able to tell just how terrible, ashamed, guilty, pathetic...all those terrible words, they were clearly seen on Thomas, and the merman could tell how genuine he was. Letting out another sigh, he walked over to the other, pulling him tightly into a hug as he burring his face in his neck "I may not forgive you right now...but I'm not going to leave you" he murmured softly.

Thomas' breathing hitched as he was pulled into a hug. Was this a dream after all? If it was, well, he didn't want to wake up from it. The brunet hugged back just as tightly, hiding his face into the other's neck. The smell of alcohol still surrounded his whole body as he sobbed into the merman's neck. "God... I missed you... So, so much..." He whispered, only pulling him tighted and closer to himself. The brunet couldn't believe he would be able to feel Fintan's warmth again. He hadn't touched his bed ever since the other left - he always slept on the couch now. It was too painful to lay there, remembering all of those times they were together on it, sharing the space. His fingers were clinching onto Fintan's body, his body shaking as he couldn't stop crying. He just couldn't...

Fintan didn't have any objections when the other hugged so tightly to him. He just hugged back the same. Running his fingers through his hair. He sighed a bit, hugging him close, though unable to stand it for long. The other was sobbing into him though, but let him for a bit, before pulling away "I really do love you, Thomas...but...please go take a shower" he said with a light smile, trying to joke a bit and lighten the humor a bit. Though even for himself, it was forced. It was true the other wreaked and had a stench, Fintan's sensitive ocean nose even more sensitive to the smell. He also hoped the other took shower so he could maybe have a moment or two to himself to deal with this whole situation.

Thomas nodded a little bit, though didn't smile at all. "Okay..." He whispered out quietly as he stood up and began walking off. He seemed like he was broken. The brunet's steps were a bit shaky, he was slightly holding onto his throbbing head. He'd drunk so much yesterday again... He fell asleep with a bottle in his hand, which was now broken in front of the sofa. His whole house stinked of alcohol and who knows what else. His piano was only collecting dust now, so he didn't earn any money at all. He'd usually hold some performances and get money for it... So now he was in debts. As the man showered, he seemed to be calming down. After getting out, he dressed in fresh clothes and, after taking some painkillers, quietly walked back to Fintan.

Fintan watched the other leave the room with dead, pained eyes. Once the other had left, Fintan turned to step outside. He sat down on the front steps to the front door, biting his lips as he finally buried his face in his hands and burst out crying. He had been trying so hard not to lose it in front of Thomas, and the fact the shock from the news was predominant at the time helped him. But now with the shock wearing off and reality setting in, alone by himself, the tears came pouring out as he sobbed into his hands. His heart quite physically felt crushed, destroyed, and he didn't know what to do with himself anymore. He couldn't leave Thomas, he knew he still loved the other, and especially with his instinctual mating for life chemistry, he couldn't leave the other. But because merpeople mated for life, none ever really ran into the cheating problem, which was probably why this hurt twice as more for Fintan. Still sobbing, his face soaked in his own salty tears, he glanced to the seaweed-made bag beside him that collected the items that would hopefully save Bella's life. Of course, this didn't effect his relationship with Bella at all, and he still wanted to save her just as much as he did before. But thinking about her, and then how much the siblings loved each other, he just started crying again, burying his face into his hands as he sobbed.

Thomas was a bit confused at first, since he couldn't find Fintan. Pain struck him as he thought the other had left... With frantic movements, the brunet ran outside... And froze. The sight of his love crying made his heart feel like it was slowly torn apart into little pieces. He quietly walked up to him, sitting down next to him. In the daylight, the dark circles were obvious underneath his eyes, as well as the scars on his wrists. He hesitantly brought his arms around the merman,pulling him into himself. "Fin... I'm so sorry..." He whispered out softly, his voice empty and lifeless. He'd nearly lost the desire to live when he was alone... The man ran his fingers over the other's beautiful hair, hoping to calm him down with the repeating gesture. Thomas himself didn't have tears left to cry out. Quietly, he pressed his lips to the other's forehead, and immediately pulled back, not wanting to anger the other. "I swear, that won't happen ever again..." He promised quietly.

Fintan flinched slightly feeling the arms around him, but he quickly fell into their warmth and surrounding hold, burying himself in the other as he clutched to him "W-what if I had to leave again? How d-do I know you wouldn't get lonely and do it again if I had to leave for a little bit again?" he whimpered as he clutched to the man he loved. He knew there was a possibility he may have to leave for Bella again, if the amount supply he got this time for her ran out before she was fully cured, he'd have to go get more for her. He sniffled a bit as he hugged the other tightly, trying to calm his nerves and ragged breathing from the crying "I believe you...I really do but...th-that doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt" he murmured between sobs.

"It was just a stupid mistake, I swear..." Thomas whispered out softly as he pulled the other into himself, holding him gently. "I'd never do it again..." He promised softly, closing his eyes. "If you leave again, I'll wait... I'll be sure that you'll come back then..." He whispered softly as he stroked the merman's back. "I'm sorry... I'll try to make up for it... If you forgive me for my dumb mistake, I promise I'll do anything." The brunet murmured softly as he held the other, ignoring the dull ache in his body. He always felt this way now... He grew used to it.

Fintan sighed as he cuddled close to the other, his sobs eventually calming down, turning into light hiccups. His face and hands started to turn vaguely shimmery and scaly from how much he had cried and gotten the flesh wet from his salty tears. He sniffed as he finally stopped the tears, but didn't let go of Thomas yet "I believe you..." he murmured softly, resting his head into the others chest "I just love you too much to really leave you...I couldn't possibly..." he muttered.

(Sorry It's short >.

Thomas let out a quivering sigh as he combed his fingers through the other's hair, gently repeating the movement over and over. His hand shook a bit at what he heard, but he just continued on stroking his hair afterwards, a small smile on his face. "Thank you..." He whispered out and gently kissed his forehead. "I missed you so much..." The brunet whispered, feeling tears burning his eyes, but he pushed them away. He burried his face into his hair, gently nuzzling it here. "I love you... I really really do..." He whispered out. It didn't seem like he had any motivation to speak louder, for some reason.

((It's fiiine :D))

Fintan just nodded his head lightly in response to the others words. He hugged tightly to the other. Eventually, after what was probably at least fifteen or twenty minutes, Fintan had calmed enough to pull away from the other "I'm really tired..." he murmured softly. Fintan had gone through a lot to try and get back to Thomas as quick as he could. Aside from fights with other sea creatures proving in the scars cuts and bruises amongst his body, he was physically tired from all of that, all of his travels as he didn't sleep a lot, wanting to travel as much as he could to get back to Thomas as quickly as he could. And then, getting home to this, and this whole stressful ordeal mentally wore him out. He figured Bella could wait a couple hours until he brought her the supplies.

"Do you want to take a nap?" Thomas asked quietly, combing his fingers through Fintan's hair continuesly. When the other pulled away, he stopped, sorrow still in his eyes. The man sighed out quietly as he leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to the merman's forehead. "My bed is free, you can sleep there if you want." When he pulled away, the man ran a hand through his own longer hair, the self-inflicted scars on his wrists showing. His hair was long enough for him to tie it up in a ponytail... Maybe he would do it, when he actually was sure he could get on with his life. The brunet sighed softly as he took Fintan's hands softly in his own, gently stroking them with his thumbs. "Thank you for coming back." He muttered out softly.

Fintan nodded his head lightly in response to the other. He was really quite tired, exhausted. But his tired eyes didn't miss the unfamiliar marks on the others wrists. He'd never seen those before on him, not before he left. He frowned, catching his wrist as he inspected the marks, frowning as he narrowed his eyes up at the other "What's this?" he asked, worry and suspicion in his voice. Had the other really harmed himself? Because he hadn't been there? He frowned more as he thought about it, the slight anger vanishing completely into guilt as well as worry. This all was his fault...wasn't it? If he hadn't left, Thomas wouldn't have become a wreck, like he is now. He wouldn't have cheated on him. And he wouldn't have hurt himself. All if he hadn't of left.

Thomas flinched when his wrist was caught and looked away in shame. He lightly tugged on it, trying to get it free. "Nothing important." He muttered out, though some of the scars seemed deeper than others. A few were quite fresh, too. When he started, he didn't find it really helpful, but... At the end, he was searching for anything to get his mind off the merman. "Just go and sleep, please..." The brunet said quietly, still looking away. He slowly stood up, offering a hand to the other. It was shaking slightly and he'd pulled down the sleeves to hide the scars.

Fintan frowned a bit when the other disregarded the matter, trying to ignore the obvious scars on his wrist "Nothing?" he scoffed, frowning "Thom...now you can't tell me anything?" He said heavily "I want to know everything I missed...and yes, even if you cheated on me, I want to know that. I missed you every day, Thomas, so I want to know everything you did, all I missed, good or bad" he said, seeing the others shameful look trying to avert the subject. He sighed, slapping the others offered hand away as he stood up, grabbing the bag from the sea and bringing it with him inside as he walked past the other. He put it all in a bowl of water to stay fresh, then putting it in the fridge "Don't touch that" he told the other before heading to the bedroom. He wasn't sure if he would be able to sleep anymore though.

Thomas felt more guilt washing over him, however when his hand was slapped away, he let out a quiet wince. The brunet watched Fintan while nibbling on his lower lip before quietly gripping his hand, just before he entered the bedroom. "I just feel like shit for doing this." He muttered out quietly as he rolled up the sleeves again, looking at the scars with an almost disgusted expression. "I... I made these myself... I don't know, that's just a stupid thing humans sometimes do... I guess it helped me a bit to distract myself from the pain of you leaving and me... Me cheating, when I hurt myself physically.." The man said quietly, keeping his gaze down, truly unable to meet the merman's eyes. "Sorry, I... You should go and sleep." He muttered out quietly.

Fintan walked into the bedroom, hearing the other follow after him. He noticed the bed looked perfectly made up, like it hadn't been used in a while. He didn't comment about it, but stripped of his clothes down to his boxers revealing his scarred and wounded body in its entirety. He glanced over to Thomas when he spoke again, sighing as he looked to the scars on his wrist before he sat down. His eyes hurt and were sore from crying, his heart still aching. He wanted to lay with the other, but had mixed feelings about it now, knowing the other cheated on him. As he laid down, he reached his hand out to the other, motioning for him to come closer. It was then Fintan tugged the other down onto the bed with him, clutching close to him "Lets just shut up and sleep for a bit..." he murmured. He didn't want to talk about it anymore. He didn't want to think about it. He just wanted to sleep, embraced in the others warmth.

Thomas walked up to the other quietly when he was asked to, though when he was tugged down, well, he was certainly surprised. The brunet thought for sure that Fintan wouldn't want to be with him for a while... Still, the man quickly pulled off his own clothes and got in next to the merman, hesitantly placing an arm around his waist. The pianist closed his eyes as he brought the blanket around them, holding Fintan's waist loosely. "Will you let me take care of your wounds later?" He asked quietly, his eyes closed. With his thumb, he began stroking the other's smooth skin, gently brushing it over the surface, barely applying any pressure. He didn't want to be pushed away.

Fintan was glad the other laid down beside him and didn't protest. It was almost amusing how quickly the other stripped of his clothes. Almost. If not for the nagging reminder in the back of his head of what he had done. He sighed softly, snuggling close to the other as he close his eyes, feeling his body slowly relax. He heard the other speak for a bit, and hesitated "Maybe. They're not that bad, though" He tried to push it off. He just stopped talking though, easily falling asleep to the comforting rhythmic feeling of the others hand on his skin.

Thomas sighed out quietly, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "I just want for the best..." He whispered out softly and sighed again, pulling Fintan a bit closer. The pianist opened his eyes after a bit, watching how the merman slept with an expression filled with sorrow. He reached out and gently brushed away a few strands of hair before giving the other a very light kiss on his lips, this time. "I love you..." The brunet whispered out, though he was sure the other couldn't hear him anymore. Thomas fell asleep after a while as well, loosely holding the merman to himself.

Fintan soon enough was fast asleep, though, not very comfortably. He slept a bit stressfully, the only images running through behind his closed eyes that of Thomas cheating on him, going off with another man. He shifted a bit in his sleep uncomfortably, calling out verbally to Thomas in his sleep. He clutched tighter to the male as he slept, unaware of talking in his own sleep and his actions. But in his dream he was so desperate to not lose Thomas, the love of his life. Eventually, the merman did finally wake up, looking to the clock to see it was in the later afternoon. He sighed a bit, sitting up as he ran a hand through his hair. Even just waking up, he still had a headache.

Thomas woke up the moment his name was called out. At first fear, for some reason immense fear washed over him, until he realized it was just Fintan talking in his sleep. With a quiet sigh, the brunet began stroking the other's hair, whispering sweet nothings to him to sooth him out of the what he thought was a nightmare. When the other woke up, he put on a small, weak smile and pulled his hand away. "...Good morning..." He muttered out softly, the bags under his eyes a bit darker. It was clear that he didn't sleep as much as Fintan did. The man looked away again, slowly getting out of bed. "Are you hungry?" The brunet asked quietly, pulling his sleeves down to hide the scars again.

Fintan yawned a bit as he rubbed his eyes, looking to the other "Morning?" he hummed confused, glancing back to the clock he had just looked to. Maybe the clock was wrong, he supposed. He stretched a bit, wincing as he cracked his bones "Uhm...yeah" he nodded softly as he looked to the other. It was then he recalled how the other promised to make him all the human kinds of food when he got back. He also remembered about the piano. But having passed it earlier he noticed how it was shut, and covering dust.

Truly, the clock had stopped. It showed the wrong time, and the arrows weren't even moving. Thomas lost sense of time and honestly just stopped caring... "I think it is." The man muttered out softly, looking at Fintan with a sorrowful look. It didn't seem like he could even change the way he looked at the other for now. When the other confirmed being hungry, Thomas nodded lightly. "Okay, I'll see what I can make." With these words, he left the bedroom while lightly rubbing his forehead. A headache now always accompanied him, for the past week or so. Before making anything to eat, he took some painkillers and opened the fridge. There, he could probably make some pasta... With cheese, or maybe with that salmon...