Beauty In The Water~~

ChibiMonkey

Fintan was surprised he had slept that long. It was morning already? He let the other leave to go cook, frowning a bit at the males clear lack of enthusiasm of cooking for him. He sighed softly, getting up and feeling that odd human feeling of pressure running to his tingling feet that had been asleep for so long. He walked over to the window, peeling the curtain away to wince slightly at the brightness shining into his eyes. Yup, it was morning. Sighing, he finally headed into the kitchen after pulling some sweatpants on and running a hand through his hair, he sat down at the table as he watched the other cook "How's Bella doing?" he asked.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChibiMonkey

• Zombie_In_A_Box

Thomas flinched visibly at the question, his movements faltering for a moment before a quiet sigh left his mouth. "She's getting worse." He finally said, clearly upset about it. The brunet decided against pasta after a bit and instead began making the batter for pancakes. The pianist had his back turned to the merman, quietly making the food. His lower lip was trembling the slightest bit, but he wouldn't show that to Fintan. Guess the lack of sleep and overall emotional pain was getting to him. His nerve system was definitely not in the best condition. He had to clean up now, that Fintan was here... Even if in the kitchen there weren't as many bottles as in the living room, it still stinked. After pouring a bit of oil into the batter, he opened the window, all the while not looking at the other.

Fintan frowned a bit at the news about Bella. Though, it wasn't much news. The other hardly said anything, then went silent again. He frowned, why was the other so sheltered from him? If anything, Fintan should be the one ignoring him. Thinking about it, Fin frowned as he lowered his head, looking at the table he sat in front of "Why wont you look at me, Thom?" he murmured softly, fiddling with his hands "Are you actually that disgusted with me? You could at least speak up and admit it, instead of apologizing about you cheating on me, you could just be honest about it..." he trailed off, thinking the other didn't really love him any more.

Thomas quickly shook his head, tears collecting in the corners of his eyes as he turned around, facing Fintan. "I already said I'd never ever be disgusted with you." He said quietly as he left the bowl of batter and walked up to the merman, crouching down in front of him as he took his hands. "I... I still love you, Fin. I always will." The brunet whispered out softly as he brought the other's hand to his mouth and placed a light kiss on it. "I really hope you... You can forgive me someday." The man muttered out softly, turning his eyes down. "I can't even put into words how sorry I am... I really regret it- all of it." He speaked softly, though pain soon seeped in his voice again.

Fintan frowned a bit as he looked down, ignoring the other as he moved beside him, taking his hand. He sighed softly, finally looking back at the other with a slight frown "But you can't even look at me" he said as he stared into the others eyes "You won't talk to me. It's like you want nothing to do with me" he sighed, looking back to his lap sadly as he tried to hold his own emotions in, but it was hard. Would this pain in his chest ever go away?

"I'm sorry, Fin..." Thomas said softly as he looked up at the other with pleading eyes. "I just... I can't look at you without feeling guilty." He admitted quietly before looking away. "I feel like you'll get angry at me if I touch you, or say something too much. I'm just... I'm just scared, Fin." The brunet said with a slightly hoarse voice before quickly brushing off the tears that managed to escape. "S-Sorry..." He whispered out softly as he kept his eyes away, unable to look at the other again.

Fintan sighed as he looked at the other, hearing his explanation. He frowned as he looked on his lap "It just makes me feel like you don't love me..." he murmured "I want you to touch me, hug me, kiss me. Maybe not excessively. But I want to feel like you still love me" he said as he looked back to the other, glancing back to the stove "You're going to ruin the pancakes" he reminded the other, he himself having completely forgotten about the batter on the stove the other had been cooking.

Thomas sighed as he stood up and pressed a soft kiss to Fintan's forehead. "Will you tell me if I do too much, then?" He asked softly before turning around to take care of the pancakes. "I do still love you, and I know I'll never stop... But I feel like you'l reject me soon, for some reason. We haven't seen each other in a month... I did all that horrible stuff, and... I don't feel like I'm worth of you anymore." There, he finally said it. With a sigh, the brunet continued making the pancakes, not saying anything else at least until he got his answer.

Listening to the other, Fintan frowned "Of course I'll let you know" he said watching the other tend to the pancakes "I just don't want to lose you, I feel like I already have, being away from you for so long" he muttered as he went back to fiddling with his hands "I just want to save what's left of our relationship...I want to try and fix it, if it's possible...I don't want to lose you, Thomas" he murmured softly with a sigh.

Thomas' breathing hitched at what he heard, his shoulders trembling a little bit. The man glanced back at Fintan with a pained expression on his face. "I do too..." He muttered out softly before continuing with the pancakes. He finished up quite soon and took the plate, bringing them to the table. "Do you want anything to drink?" He asked quietly while taking out a jar of apple jam, as well as some raspberry jam. He took off the lids and pulled out two spoons to put them into the jars. He felt tense. Too tense, even.

Fintan glanced to the food as it was all placed on the table, and he just went silent after that. He didn't know what else to say anymore. WHen asked about a drink, he just nodded his head "Some water is fine.." He murmured. When he wasn't in the water, he drank quite a lot of it, simply, his body needing it, even more than a human needed water. As the other brought the drinks and rest of the food, Fintan just ate in silence. THe human food wasn't even as good as he had thought it would be, not with this bitter taste in his stomach.

Thomas sighed out quietly when he got the other some water, sitting down next to him. This silence was crushing him. The brunet had trouble swallowing as hie body tensed up whole. Finally, he sighed out and looked at the other with a small frown. "Did I do something wrong already?" He asked, sounding devastated. The pianist pushed his plate away, turning fully to Fintan. "Or is it something I didn't do..?" He questioned quietly.

Fintan ate his food silently, though it wasn't as good as he hoped for. He sighed softly to himself as he ate, before looking up at the other when he asked if he'd already messed up again "What?" He asked with a frown "Well, no, not exactly...it's just hard, when you keep acting so tense and scared of me" he said with a frown as he looked at his plate. It wasn't a good feeling, to feel like your loved was too afraid to upset you, that he was afraid of you. Or at least, that's what it seemed like to Fintan.

Thomas' sadness only grew with what he heard coming from Fintan. "I'm sorry..." He muttered out before slowly raising his gaze up to the merman. "Just... Give me a bit of time, please..." He asked softly, his hands shaking the slightest bit. The brunet slowly pulled back, just a little bit so he could finish the food. He put the plate away and stood up. "I... I'll go clean up." He said quietly and walked off towards the living room. Thomas had grown used to not having any human contact... It was hard with Fintan here. The whole emotional rollercoster was definitely nothing fun, too... Thomas took his half-finished bottle and took a good gulp. He had to relax somehow, and this seemed like the only way.

Fintan just sighed a bit as he apologized again, asking for time to get back to his usual self. Fintan really didn't like this side of Thomas. He almost couldn't stand it. He sighed as he got up, following the other to narrow his eyes and snatching the bottle away from the other "And no more drinking" he added as he dumped the rest of the bottle out and tossed it in the trash. He frowned at the mess of the house littered with bottles, as he went about silently collecting them and cleaning up the house, not saying anything more to Thomas as he cleaned his mess up.

"Wha-" Thomas was about to protest as his beer was taken away, but shut up and simply looked away. Maybe Fintan was right, but now he had to find another way of distracting himself. The brunet just began cleaning up as well. Some of the bottles were smashed, there were some places were the bottles were smashed into a wall, when Thomas couldn't take it anymore. A pained hiss left his mouth as he took a piece of the broken glass and accidentaly cut his finger. The sharp pain... It seemed to clear his mind quite quickly. For a moment, he just stared at his bleeding finger, before sighing and, without doing anything about it, continuing to clean up. Maybe there was another way... What he already did... Maybe it would help him again.

Fintan was just throwing some bottles out when he heard the slight sound of pain from the other room. He looked over seeing Thomas staring at his finger and sighed softly. He walked over, gently taking his hand in his own "You have to be more careful" He muttered softly, inspecting the small cut before taking the others finger into his mouth, licking the cut. It was small enough the other was able to heal it, since, being a merman, he had that sort of ability. It wasn't anything crazy, but small cuts he could heal and take care of with ease. "How about we go see Bella?" he asked. He wanted to bring her the supplies. Thom said she'd gotten worse, and he wanted to help her if possible before there was no chance of helping.

Thomas was certainly surprised and confused when the other took his cut finger into his mouth. But, after realizing it was healed, the man only smiled. He nodded a bit and leaned down to toss out a few more bottles into the bag. He was almost done... But the question made him flinch and the bottle fell out of his hand, falling into the bag. It crashed into small pieces there as the brunet looked away and let out a sigh. "Okay..." He muttered out quietly before finishing up with the bottles. He put the bag away and began walking to find his car keys. He wasn't sure if he could really drive... He didn't want to drive. Not to Bella.

Fintan took the finger out of his mouth after licking it, seeing it had indeed healed, But he didn't let go of the others hand for a moment or two, lingering in its hold, before finally letting go of it. He got up, continuing to clean up the last bit of bottles laying around, before hearing a crash and shatter of a bottle, and quickly turned around worriedly to see Thomas. He sighed a bit in relief, seeing he wasn't hurt, but frowned at his reaction to asking to see Bella "Do you not want to?" he asked, confused. He thought the male loved his sister, and every chance he got to see her.

Thomas nibbled on his lower lip slightly, shaking his head a bit. "It's not that..." He muttered quietly, gripping the keys in his right hand. "I... I don't think she'll be able to say much, Fin." The brunet said with his voice shaking. He seemed like he was about to cry. "Fin, she's been getting so much worse... I don't think she'll last long..." The brunet said as he rubbed his eyes. The pianist took in a deep, shaky breath and began walking outside. Truly, Bella was doing far worse than before. The cancer was overpowering her completely - at times she even lost consciousness. Now most of the time she was fed through a tube and Thomas simply didn't let the doctors to 'finish it'. At the very least, he had to say a proper good-bye, didn't he?

Fintan frowned a bit with a sigh as he listened to Thomas go into explaining more about Bella, and just how bad her condition had gotten. He really hoped it wouldn't be too late to help her - if the effects of the plants even could help a human like they did a merman. He would think they would, as, half of the dna was made up the same. But then again, half of their dna was completely different, aquatic to land being a rather difference in species. He was worried it may not work, but it was worth a try. He went back to the kitchen as the other was getting in the car, and grabbed the supplies. It was like a type of chew pill he had made, but, it was really probably quite disgusting to a human, containing things humans probably didn't normally eat or anything, as, it came from the sea, of course, and not a common sort of thing, even in the sea. He grabbed the back of them, heading out and getting in the car with Thomas.

Thomas' shoulders were treming as he got into the car, his breathing shaking. The brunet glanced at the bag with a small frown... A worried frown, actually. "What is that?" He asked quietly while turning on the engine. The brunet began driving slowly - slower than usually. Seeing that he hadn't used a car in quite some time, it was understandable. Thomas sighed as he unrolled the window a bit. He couldn't tell how many times he'd washed inside his car to get rid of the smell of sex. It reminded him of Fintan and it just hurt so bad...

Fintan got into the car with the other, leaning back a bit as he put his window as well, enjoying the breeze of air in his face, tousling his white hair about in a wind-blown mess. He could tell the other was a bit shaky about driving, but Fintan himself didn't know how to drive, of course, otherwise he would have offered to drive. He glanced back to the other when he asked about the bag he had "Ah, this?" he asked and smiled a bit. Should he tell the other now? "I guess I should tell you why I was gone for so long..." he trailed off as he looked at the bag. He'd already made up the portions she was to have each day for the next couple weeks, months, if need be. He'd transferred it into a human bag, so it looked normal and not weird. "Well...it something to help your sister" he said, looking to the other.

Thomas suddenly stopped the car, turning to Fintan with wide, shocked eyes. "...What...?" He asked quietly, his hands beginning to shake. "You... You went away to help her...?" He questioned quietly before taking in a shaky breath. The brunet lowered his forehead to the steering wheel, his shoulders trembling. No way. No. This couldn't... He did so many bad things while Fintan was actually helping out Bella?.. "Oh my god..." He whispered out in a shaky, quiet voice as he closed his eyes tightly. How could he ever look at either of them again? He definitely wasn't worth it. He was trash, there was no other word he could describe himself as.

Fintan jerked forward when the car came to a sudden stop and his eyes widened as he quickly looked behind them to make sure there wasn't any other cars "Is that even safe??" he huffed, letting out a sigh as he leaned back in his seat, looking over to the other with a frown as he started getting all upset and depressed again. He sighed, looking back out the window as he rest his chin in his hand, elbow on the open window "Yeah. It might save her" he spoke as he looked out the window. Honestly, the others depressed and overly self blaming mood was starting to annoy Fintan a bit. He didn't come home here to have to spend time with someone who wasn't going to be happy and enjoy it. "I didn't want to tell you before because you were so stressed already. I didn't want to add to it, because theres a chance it might just not do anything" he said.