The Traveling Performer (Firebird and Clover)

クローバー (Clover)

A look of slight worry washed over Markus's features at the mention of the city master wanting to see Ammon. Based on the woman's behavior from earlier, there was no knowing if men had a similar lack of control like that. Government officials were masters of deception, showing the public one face while having another face on altogether.

"Are you going to go by yourself? I don't think it's safe, but I won't butt into your business if you don't need me to be around." Markus said.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• クローバー (Clover)

• firebird

He couldn't stop the smile that washed across his features at his lover's concern about him. "Come with me...i'd feel much safer if you did" It wasn't that he couldn't protect himself, he was a fine swordsman actually. His beauty tended to make his opponents underestimate him and that was his most valuable weapon. But really his litheness helped him to move quickly, skillfully and gracefully. So having Markus with him was mostly to give both of them peace of mind.

By evening he was ready to meet the city master. There was no point in avoiding the matter and delaying the cursed date further. Of course, he would much rather spend his night wrapped up in his lover's arms but there was no denying the master when he and his friends were actually accepted into his city without complaint, if anything a dance would be the best he could do to thank him. He threw his navy cloak over the second skin he wore for pants leaving nothing and everything to the imagination and the mid-thigh length dark purple shirt wrapped around his body tightly. He looked over at Markus. "You ready?"

Markus pulled his overcoat on and laced up his boots. He gave a nod, signaling that he was ready.

"I wonder what kind of person the city master is like. Terriam's leaders are kinda corrupt." Markus said.

He snorted at the other's comment. " Oh darling, I don't think i've ever met a not corrupted official" he kissed the other's cheek, "...except you that is"

After only a short ride they arrived at the city master's house, or rather, his palace. They were led by one of his guards to some sort of waiting area. The palace was done up quite nicely. Golden drapery covered portions of the walls and the hidden windows, tall pillars of carefully carved rock held up the high ceiling, and furniture made from the finest looking wood scattered about the spacious rooms in strategic, convenient places.

The guard disappeared for a short moment and reappeared seconds later with a burly looking man leading him to the couple. He had deep blue eyes, a strong looking jaw and a nice-looking 5 o'clock shadow on his jaws and chin. He surely wasn't like the expected but then again neither was Markus so he was starting to believe that his expectations were proof-less stereotypes. The man was tall, probably taller than is lover by an inch or two but it was his bulk of a body that made him fear worthy and imposing.

Ammon bowed slightly and politely. "Good evening sir" As he rose, his hand was taken into the bigger man's and kissed lightly, right on his knuckles. He smiled politely trying not give away how uncomfortable it made him...worse in front of Marcus. "Good evening to you too~" An almost frighteningly deep voice answered. He pulled his hand away gently and laced them with Markus'. Frowning the burly man looked at Markus for the first time since he arrived in the room. "And who are you?" The sight of purple head there had him mentally scolding himself for not specifying that Ammon should have come alone. After all, it was only the dancer's body he wanted to see moving for him.... no else's.

"I'm Markus, his bodyguard." Markus said, letting the white lie calmly pass through his lips as if it were the truth. He could feel that his lover wasn't comfortable when the city master touched him. He nodded subtly to Ammon to inform him that he had intent in lying.

The city master's frown deepened. His dislike towards Markus' presence was apparent and very obvious to all in the room but he wouldn't let it ruin his lovely night with the foreign dancer. Turning towards Ammon, his expression returned to its previous pleasant state. He held out his hand expecting the blonde to take it once more. Said blonde did. And once that was done, he began leading them back to his chambers disregarding the "bodyguard's" presence.

"I have waited a very long time to meet you Ammon...you visited here about 2 years ago and I must say that you look even more beautiful now than then. And tonight I hope to witness your improvement on your dancing skills as well."

Ammon looked away from him. Playing the role of the embarrassed guest perfectly. "Thank you sir...but please forgive me because I do not know your name. If I have met you before, I apologise doubly for not remembering you." He turned his head away once more. This time beckoning for Markus to stay with him. Pleading with his eyes that he not be left alone with this man.

A loud happy chuckle escaped the large man. "We haven't met before sweet dancer but I have seen you dance on many occasions. Forgive me, I got too caught up with the joy of finally meeting you that I forgot to tell you my name..." the man continued chuckling lightly. "...I am Kalrik...23rd Master of Stringe. Ammon nodded in affirmation to hearing the other's name. "Mr. Kalrik..." he said half testing the name on his tongue and half to get his attention. The larger man looked at him. "Yes?"

"Be honest with me...is my only purpose here...dancing because it seems rather strange that you would call me here instead of coming to see me as others do." Kalrik paused in his tracks at the question. It just so happened that he stopped before his room door. He wordlessly opened the door and let Ammon in. He smirked at the lithe blonde. "Well I just wanted to have you dance for me personally...is something wrong with that?"

Still suspicious Ammon shook his head. "No I suppose there isn't"

Holding onto Ammon's arm, Markus followed them in. He sensed that something was up. He didn't feel like he could trust this man with his lover. He watched the large man intently, making sure he wasn't going to do anything but watch his lover dance... Though that might blow his cover too...

Ammon sighed heavily and touched his lover's arm lightly so that he knew to release him so that he could do what he came here to do. He walked over into the centre of the room as Kalrik went over to what looked like a record player and started up a heavy, common-time-written, beat. He smiled at his admirer weakly. Though it was nice to have such useful tools such as the record player, he preferred the sounds of the drums and tambourines and whatever else being used, right in the vicinity. Where he could literally feel the earth shake form the vibrations they made. It made him feel more alive and helped in conveying his story better.

"What type of dance would you like to see, sir?...contemporary, belly-dancing, traditional-"

"Sexy"

The blonde blushed at the bigger man's plain wording. "Wha-"

Kalrik smirked at the small blonde. "I said that I wanted to see something sexy."

Regaining his momentarily lost composure Ammon bowed in respect and apology for his slight blunder. "As you wish"

He looked at his lover for a moment. He wasn't sure why he did it but it just happened. Turning to the record player he started the tune over and allowed himself to move in the most alluring, impossible ways. A split here, a hip rotation there and overall lusty movements.

Markus nodded, releasing his lover and letting him fulfill his duty to the city master. He watched the man carefully, almost as if he actually were a trained bodyguard. He didn't want Ammon to get into trouble, but more truthfully, he didn't want anyone else to lay a hand on his love. Perhaps he could talk about it with the dancer later.

Markus's face turned the slightest shade of pink as he watched his lover dance. He hoped and prayed that his body wouldn't betray him at the moment.

Catching the eyes of his lover, he focused on him. He allowed his body to move just for the sake of getting Markus excited. It was the only thing that kept his hips rolling and the light blush on his cheeks making him look ripe for the taking.

Moving gracefully from a full split, he crawled forward, eyes set on both nobles so as to not displease the city master for not paying him sufficient attention. He allowed a pink tongue to come out and lick his lips momentarily, implying what 'other' things that tongue could lick. Planting the image of a wild animal in their minds, he rolled over onto his back and spread his legs invitingly albeit reluctantly. His reluctance could be passed off as playing the role of a shy maiden but in all honesty in his mind such a lewd pose was meant for Markus and Markus only. And by the lecherous look on Kalrik's face, he was concerned that the tall man was enjoying the sights his body presented a little too much for his comfort.

The slight pink on his face became beet red as the next lewd position came into his view. Markus understood that the pose was probably not meant for the other man's eyes, but done to appease him. He almost growled out in annoyance as the other man eyed his lover hungrily. He didn't like having to share this lovely sight with anyone, let alone a government official. Ammon was HIS lover, not some piece of meat to be shared.

The music started to slow down, as did his improvised but well-done movements. With a slight, slow roll of his right shoulder and the just as slow and seductive toss of his hips to one side, the dance came to a stop.

Clapping was heard from where Kalrik ans Markus was standing. He smiled somewhat nervously as the taller man began walking towards him. "That was amazing!" Taking Ammon's hand into his, he kissed the back of it long and slow. The look of pure lust in his eyes as he looked up at the dancer, had said man slightly shivering in his boots. Those eyes spoke of his intentions and quite frankly, they were not good...they were never good.

"He..he..." he chuckled nervously, "Well now that I have accomplished my job, i'll be leaving now" He made to turn away from the large man but was stopped by his large hand on his small waist. Kalrik frowned at the dancer as he turned to face him once more. "Won't you stay for the night?...it gets awfully lonely in my chambers all by myself" Ammon was beyond stunned. The city master was so blatantly asking him to warm his bed right in front of his lover!...well not that he knew that they were lovers but still...

"I'm afraid I must decline your...offer, sir but I don't think that my lover would like that" Kalrik looked stunned, astonished, surprised there wasn't a word under the sun that could explain how he looked and felt. He wasn't used to rej-re-reje-ection. It even sounded funny in his head. Him, the master of Stringe, being rejected by a mere dancer. The very idea was incredulous!

Smirking, he took Ammon's hand in a tighter grip. "Let me rephrase that, my lovely...remain here tonight and you will graciously accept my hospitality and anything else I wish to 'give'"

The blonde frowned. Did Kalrik forget that his makeshift bodyguard was still there? Or even better, did he think that a man such as Ammon would want that. "With all due respect, sir. I refuse to be kept here tonight and 'take' anything you are 'giving'. I would like to go home and curl up in my lover's arms." There he spared Markus a glance out of pure habit rather than as an indicator as to who his lover is. "...and i'm sure he would love to do the same"

Now he definitely looked at Markus as an indicator. "Now if you'll excuse me I-"

"No!" Before he could slip out of his hands, Kalrik grabbed each arm harshly. "You WILL stay here tonight. I allowed you into my city and however I wish for you to repay me...you will"

"Let him go. He said 'no', and you, of all people, ought to know to respect that." Markus stepped up, attempting to wrench the smaller boy from the governmental official's hands. His arms wrapped securely around Ammon's waist as he tried to pull his love away from the man attempting to take him away from him.

There was a momentary stand-off between the taller man. Ammon watched as his lover attempted to protect him(though he was more than capable of doing so himself....most of the time) and the rude man who had the audacity to link the dancer with being a common whore by demanding that he did the job one would normally leave to the prostitutes.

While he could forcefully keep Ammon there and get his guards to remove the man standing in the way of taking the blond, that would cause too much trouble. It would have been hard enough subduing the feisty blonde but dealing with an apparent lover as well would prove to be more troublesome. Besides, what would he tell his superiors if Ammon's little group of friends reported him missing? The plan was to take the blonde whichever way he could get him and release him on the basis that no one would take his word over his but now Markus posed an obstacle. He would have to withdraw...for now.

"Hey, hey no need to get violent," He suddenly broke out into a grin, "I was just joking. I suspected that your bodyguard was more than just that to you so I decided to draw him out by threatening your...virtue"

Ammon looked at him totally expressionless, not buying his excuse for a minute. Heh, so the little rat had to withdraw, huh? Turning to Markus, he ignored Kalrik's excuse and whispered, "Let's go, now. I'm tired" a slight smile found his lips, "I was serious about wanting to be wrapped up in my lover's arms, you know?"

Sparing only a half-hearted farewell to the deceitful city master, he held onto the other man's arm and began making their way out of the palace and soon enough to...their temporary home.

Markus walked off with his lover, holding his arm almost possessively. He sighed and loosened his grip a little.

"Ammon... I'm so sorry I've been so jealous as of late." Markus said. "Does it bother you that I get possessive? Please tell me honestly."

Markus could only hope for an honest response from his lover.

Stopping in the middle of the street, he held the other's face in his hands. "Why are you sorry?" he frowned to himself not liking that Markus was bothered by staking a claim to him. If only he knew how happy it made him. So he decided to show the nobleman just how much he liked his possessive nature.

Pulling Markus' face forward, he leaned up slightly and brushed his lips over the other's. After a few seconds of doing that, he pressed his lips into Markus' with a burning passion making sure to wordlessly state his desire to be monopolized by this man (only slightly) Pulling away, he smiled at him "I think it shows that you want me and I like that...because-" He kissed his lips only lightly this time "-i'm yours as you are mine"

Markus's initial frown curled into a coy smile as Ammon kissed him.

"Is that so?" Markus said. "I can definitely be more possessive if you want me to~"

He held onto Ammon from behind, his arms wrapping around his lover's thin waist.

"Usually, ladies don't appreciate when their lovers are jealous, but I suppose men are different~" Markus said. "Shall we go back to camp?"

He laughed softly. "Easy there...if you were anymore possessive of me, i'm sure i'd be tied to your bedpost..." as an after thought he added, "...not that i'd mind but I know much more than a handful of men who would be beyond pissed if you were too possessive of them so don't confuse my personality for the nature of my gender, handsome" He smiled and nodded to the noble in affirmation that they return to camp.

"I think I can settle with not letting other men touch you." Markus said as he walked back to camp with Ammon. He certainly had an interesting lover. Much more interesting than all the women he'd met and bedded with.

"Also... About that other guy, Azkar. Is he always going to be like he is now?" he asked.

Ammon chuckled softly but stopped abruptly at the mention of his friend's name. "I...I honestly don't know but we can only hope that time heals heart...though, I have been wishing for that for years now, i've almost lost hope in it ever happening" the last bit he whispered to himself. He held onto Markus' hand tightly. "But no need to worry about him, he's absolutely harmless not to mention s loyal friend despite what has happened in the past." He hung his head in shame. "He's so easily manipulated. It makes me think that I had lured him to myself and left him there intentionally"

That matter really had plagued his mind for years and even to the present day there was no relief for his conscience. Because the truth of it was -whether he intended for it or not- he had led the poor boy on and left him stranded to deal with his rejected love and broken heart. It made him wonder if the mother of the earth would have that happen to him as repayment for what he did.

Then the most frightening thought crossed his mind: Markus would eventually have to leave him, wouldn't he? Once he got him back home, the nobleman would have to resume being a noble so having a male lover really would not seem fit for someone of his title. Was it so wrong that that thought made him sad?

Markus noticed the sudden drop in his lover's mood and took him into his arms.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly. "I'm sorry if I made you remember bad times."

He gently kissed Ammon's cheek while holding onto him. Though he wouldn't admit it, Markus found that he had fallen head over heels in love with the little dancer despite how short a time he spent with him. The fact that he would be expected to be back home scared him since he didn't want to leave Ammon. The fact that people eyed him like a piece of meat like that government official did earlier that night brought out from within him a desire to protect Ammon that was quickly growing in intensity.

He smiled up at his...temporary lover as brightly as he could. "I'm fine. It was nothing, i'm over it now" He pulled away the the embrace slightly under the pretense of him wanting them to enter the camp seeing as they had arrived on the spot already.

Keeping his eyes cast to the side he whispered. "Let's get to bed, ne?" He kept their hands firmly locked, reflecting his subconscious desire to keep Markus there and never let him go. Tugging incessantly on the noble's hand, he pulled them to their tent and silently began changing into his night clothes: a simple large cotton shirt resting dangerously high on his thigh. "Let's retire for the night" Wordlessly, he turned his back to the nobleman, more to think over what he should do before said man ad to leave than out of avoiding him.

Markus followed his lover into the tent, sensing that that smile wasn't completely honest. He simply took his shirt and pants off and slipped under the covers.

"Just come into the bed when you're ready, okay?" he said, realizing that his lover was thinking deeply. He tried to go to sleep after that.

It took him hours but he eventually fell asleep curled up into himself and as soundless tears ran down his cheeks. He kept wiping at them furiously but they just kept falling. He had cried himself to sleep. Pointless really seeing as he finally fell into a somewhat peaceful slumber only two hours away from when he should be waking up.

He was the first to be up that morning, barely getting any sleep to begin with. His eyes were red and puffy not to mention surrounded by dark circles. His complexion no longer looked like that healthy tan but more of a sickening yellow-like tint having lost all its color overnight. A true testament to his sleepless night and even more of his broken heart. And the sad thing was he couldn't find it within himself to blame Markus for his despair for he should have known that there was no way for them to be together anyway.

He quickly changed went out to go check if anyone else was up; he wasn't the least surprised when he found that he was the only one up. So with that he found himself back inside his tent having given up on the prospect of a little more, much needed sleep, awaiting Markus's awakening.

Markus awoke slowly, his neck hurting. Seeing his lover made him forget his pain, though, but not for the right reason. He knew deep down that if he didn't mention the other man they were traveling with, Ammon wouldn't have had such a bad night. A seemingly unremovable feeling of guilt weighed down heavily on his heart.

"Good morning, Ammon." he said with a tired sigh.