YaoiOtaku Recruiting

Saga

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can also help out again too, lemme know again when you need help.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I will PM you my regular e-mail address, since it might be faster to reach me that way. My YO sign-in is sporadic, I can only get in from my laptop (tablet, its glitchy when I try signing in :(

YaoiOtaku Translation Team is recruiting:

*Translators:[OPEN]

-Japanese - English

-Chinese - English

-Korean - English

*Editors (includes editing the manga scans,aka scan cleaner) [OPEN]

*Typesetters [OPEN]

*RAW Providers [OPEN]

Hey its still open right? I'm new but I have a yaoi manga that I translated. I also have the raw. I saw you guys don't have it here. Is that ok?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering this for a time now, I'm a gimp user, especially since cloning is easier for me there then in photo shop, I'm wondering if this is a problem? secondly I'm going to learn Japanese, now I probably won't learn it overnight, doing a self study right now which going easily, in a month I will also going to university to study it.

So I want to gather some information about translation, I'm not to sure if I will ever translate stuff in a group because there are tons of stuff I want to translate, project which are forgotten or projects that are being ignored in my eyes. So please send me an email with the details etc, for now I'm not going to do anything expect for pimping up my cleaning skills but I would like to know what you guys really look for.

Hello! I would like to express my interest in editing if you are still looking for editors. I love painstaking accuracy and fine-tuning texts. :) I am not a native speaker of English, but I have been snapping heads off gently admonishing people about written work for a long time.

I would love to help this wonderful forum so if you are interested, I am only a PM away!

I would only like to know what the position involves and if editors work to a tight deadline, which I would not be able to do due to lack of sufficient free time. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Are translators still needed for translating Chinese to English? If so, I can help out :) I'm a native speaker and my English skills are quite normal.

• 1 month later...

Erm.. I am able to translate from Chinese to English. My first language is English while second is Chinese. I hope you consider about it. Thank you.

@

Welcome to the team! ;D

@

@

Thank you for offering your help, it's very much needed and appreciated! I'll send you both a PM to talk the details (:

Hello, i've never done the job before but if an editor is still needed im free to help :) I have experience with photoshop however I must say that I cannot redraw much needed "parts" ;) (i suck at drawing)

Guest blepcate

Hello. If there is any help I can do (editing etc) except for translating please be free to contact me. And my english s quite good so proofreading may also be right for me hahaha

If there are any more non tranlation spots available im willing to offer my help for proof reading or editing or anything else~~ Im very good in English:Gangnam:

Hello: I'm a professional translator of English to Japanese and Japanese to English. I work on mostly contracts, user manuals, song lyrics, and smartphone/web applications. The industry is usually focused on technical documents. So, sometimes I like to do something more creative for fun.

I would like to translate some manga from Japanese to English for you if you would like; I have been working in this field for nearly 10 years. I also have experience as an editor of a magazine for language professionals (column editor). I don't read any manga at all, despite living in Japan 6 years for work... I watch some Studio Ghibli movies sometimes with friends... No experience with manga or anime culture, though. If you'll private message me, I'd appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Are you still looking for proof readers? I'm a native English-speaker with a strong history in writing/editing. I've never worked on manga before, but I have a lot of experience that would transfer over well. (And I find myself picking out things in the manga I'm reading, haha).