A Book is Only as Good as Those Behind It (are-san and Niore. private 18+possibly)

Kisa_Shouta

Rasil sat at his desk in his home/studio, finishing up the final touches of the story board before the deadline. supposedly he was getting a new editor, Rasil wasn't surprised...The other one suddenly just left without notice. Rasil's Raven black hair was pulled back into a ponytail that reached to the middle of his back, he liked it that way because it wasnt in his way when he drew. he let out a sigh as he sat his pen down a stepped away from the desk.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arekushisu

• Kisa_Shouta

Luka looked at his phone noticing the time. He was to meet up with his new author soon. He sighed and opened the door to his car.

He drove down the streets while the sun beat down on his skin. He had on some darker shades and a light colored suit. If it was up to him he would be wearing jeans and a t-shirt to work.

He pulled into the driveway of a small home. He was to meet this person then leave to pick up another storyboard.

His boss gave him the assignment because the author is young and Luka was only nineteen with one of the top editoring jobs around.

He wouldnt call himself the best but he was up there with all the really good ones. He got out of his car and walked to the door ringing the doorbell.

Rasil was laying on the couch, looking at the ceiling fan above his head with slightly glowing red eyes. he was done, now he just wanted to sleep, he hadnt slept in days because he was so busy with the story board. ah...i need to stay up...he thought with a small sigh.

the door bell rang, causing Rasil to sit up quickly. "o-one moment!" he shouted at the door as he fumbled around to get his pants changed and his shirt buttoned.

one he deemed himself presentable, he walked to the door, pushed his glasses up, and then opened the door slowly. "hai, Who are you?" he asked yawning slightly

Luka looked at the man in front of him. He looked tired and had the slightest red tint in his eyes. He wore glasses and his hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

Luka smiled and pulled off his sunglasses, "Hello, I'm your new editor. My name is Luka, Its a pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand waiting patiantly.

Rasil opened the door all the way revieling his messy apartment. "come on in, i have the manuscript finished." he said walking back tords the couch with a realaxed and easy going body launguage. he sat down on the couch facing luka and watched the other closely. "im Rasil. Im the author." he said waving lightly.to the other. he was quite surprised as to how well the company did in picking out his new editor.

Luka walked into the apartment silently moving his hand back down to his side. He looked around noticing the clothes and other things thrown across the room. He sat across from Rasil noticing how young he looked. "so, the manuscript is done?" he looked behind him to see the small studio. He smiled, "You seem really young to be an author." He said it jokingly.

Rasil pulled a large brown envelope off the desk and passed it to luka. "yeah, its all done." he said. when the other commented on his age, he pointed to his school uniform hanging neatly on the back of the front door. "Rasil Yakizawa, 2nd year high school student." he said smiling slightly and resting his elbows on his knees and his head on his hands. "You dont look that old ether luka, how old are you?" he asked smiling.

He looked at the uniform and turned back to Rasil. "I'm only nineteen." He smiled and looked at Rasil sitting down.

He took the envelope looking inside checking the contents. "Do you mind me looking here? I have another hour til i need to be somewhere."

"a university student? how rare..." he said with slight interest in luka, but his calm and collected disposition hid it quite well. he didnt think they ever hired students, this guy must be good at what he does. he watched the other go through his work and he stood up. "you can go ahead and look, you can even start editing if you'd like..." Rasil said walking into his kitchen and opening the fridge. surely there was a reason luka had decided to stay longer then necessary, Rasil didnt like being around people, so he'd hoped it wouldnt be too long.

"Yea well, being in uni and work is hard but I get by." Luka smiled and nodded as he opened Rasil's work placing it around the table. He looked at all the tiles and tones. All the drawings were done very well. "I wont edit it here. I didnt bring anyhthing to work with."

"ah, then did you want something to drink? coffee, tea, soda?" Rasil offered as he pulled out his ice tea he made earlier and took i nice, long drink from the glass."its no trouble with me to share." he said standing by the door waiting for an answer.

Luka was absorbed in his work looking at every little thing making internal notes to fix certain things later. He was so fixed he almost missed Rasil ask him if he wanted something to drink. Without looking up he said, "No, i'm fine thank you though."

"you take this stuff far to seriously..." Rasil said closing the door and then falling back onto the couch and sitting his tea on the coffee table. "i see why they hired you." he fell silent and watched the other man work. he figured his new editor was already busy checking over everything, so he probably had stopped listening to him completely.

Luka heard Rasil come back into the room and sit across from him. He looked up and then back to his work.

"Not that i'm to serious about it its just that when your one of the best you have to stay there and look for every detail because if one detail slips through and the higher ups see. You get a new spot with the lower editors getting younger or older authors who only make small books." he looked up at Rasil pausing in his work. "I like my job and being closer to the top at this age...its nice proving some of those older editors wrong about me."

"you're an interesting one..." Rasil said before layiing down on the couch. there wasnt far too much to do exactly, so he pulled out his phone and hummed playfully. "you need my contact info dont you?" he mused, opening his contacts and sliding the phone across the table into the others lap."i'll usually always answer~ unless of course im passed out in bed of sleep deprivation. " he chuckled

Luka took the phone and brought out his own putting Rasil's contact information into it. "Thank you." He pushed his work aside and leaned back sighing and closed his eyes. "So tired....welll, guess your even more than me though." Luka smiled at Rasil across the way. He looked over his body then pulled his eyes away with a small blush.

Rasil took his phone back and slipped it into his pocket. "of course m tired idiot..." he sighed sitting up and scratching is head lightly. "ive been up an entire week without sleep to finish the damn thing for you,damn right im tired." he said throwing a pillow from the couch at luka. geez...for someone who was supposed to be older, he sure acted a bit less than that sometimes. huffed and crossed his arms, a slightly pout visible on his face.

Luka laughed as the pillow hit him then fell to the ground harmlessly. "Well let me get out of your way." Luka stood and looked at Rasil noticing the small pout visible on his face.

he blushed slightly at the other laughing at him and fumed as he threw another pillow. "stop! its not funny luka!!" he huffed and made a stubborn look as he hit luka repeatedly with the pillow.

Luka laughed again as Rasil got up and pummled him with a pillow. "Yes it is..." he laughed and pulled his hands to his face shealding it from rasil's pillow attack.

"urusai!" he said tackling the other to the ground and shaking luka in embarrassment. he then proceeded to hit the other with the pillow again now that the defenses werent that high now. "it isnt funny!!" he fumed.

Luka laughed and grunted when he hit the floor. "Okay, Okay!" he held up his hands in surrender looking at Rasil ontop of him blushing. He laughed agian and slumped to the ground. 'How did a trip to see an author end up like this?' he asked himself breathing hard.

"geez, youre such a bully..." Rasil mumbled as he got up to straighten up the pillows again. he was still blusjing slightly at the fact that he cracked infront of an almost total stranger."ah, id get off the floor" he said quietly as he stacked the manuscript back up and put it in the envelope.

Luka looked at Rasil and blushed again. He could feel himself get slightly hard when he thought back to the positon they were in. He calmed himself and stood grabbing the manuscript. "I'm not a bully, your the one that attacked me." He said playfully nudging Rasil.

"I have to go. Next time i will stay and we can talk." Luka smiled and started for the door.

Rasil scoffed as the other left before collapsing tto the floor into an unfaultering sleep that lasted 2 days.