(Private RP) Moonlight Calls <<syaoran-puu & akiravadel>>

syaoran-puu

It all happened so fast. But Damian watched in horror. “No!” He rushed over to where Lexie stood, frozen for a moment as he looked down at his mate in pain at the bottom of a flight of stairs.

Anger like nothing he’d felt before rippled through him, hair started to appear at the edges of his face as he turned his predatory gaze to the omega. “You dare to insult me by harming my pregnant mate? You make a mockery of the very thing your alpha has tried to achieve here. There will be retribution for this.” He looked to Orin a moment before jumping over the table and rushing down the stairs.

“Shush now, Haru. Shush. What hurts?” Damian cooed, touching his cheek. He knew he shouldn’t have come. But this? This was beyond even his imaginings.

Seeing nothing obviously broken, he scooped the omega into his arms. Pressing their foreheads together softly. “I have failed you.” He could smell it. The change. The blood about to start. Haru had lost the baby.

Devastation filled his soul as he carried his mate up the stairs. 

Orin stood at the top looking surprisingly alarmed. He understood the importance of this, and despite how alpha like he always acted.... he had a soft spot for children. “Take your mate home. We will discuss your retribution later.” He looked to Lexie seriously. “My omega will apologise properly later.” He meant it too.

Damian barely registered it as he walked, head up out of habit, from the building. Anger bubbled. He would be within his right to war over this offence. Placing his mate in the car with care, he drove Haru home in silence. He had known that things could go wrong early on.... but he had had so much hope and longing.

Back in Orin’s home, the alpha grabbed Lexie by the neck, “how could you be so stupid? You have insulted me tonight. Destroyed my hard work. And for what? Why did you do it, Lexie?”

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• syaoran-puu

• akiravadel

Lexie hadn't even bothered to scent Haru. She had no clue he was already pregnant otherwise she wouldn't have done that. She'd just seen him a few days ago and hadn't gone into heat herself yet so she wasn't yet carrying. Maybe that was where part of her jealous rage steamed from her instincts knew he was and that made her angry. Tears streamed down her face, "it's not fair... I didn't..." 

Sniffling Lexie lowered her arms looking up at her mate, "he insulted us... I... I let my rage blind me..."

Haru held onto Damian until they reached the car. Curling his legs up under him he just wanted to get into a ball. He felt like he'd failed his mate, like everything had been changed in an instant. Tears streamed down his face, but he knew the first one was always the hardest to keep. Even with knowing the risks he was still so hopeful. His whole stomach hurt and the smell of blood was getting stronger. 

When they'd reach home he'd want to bath and try to figure out what to do. He didn't know what all to do with a miscarriage. He figured his mate would want to carry him in and honestly he was okay with that. His whole stomach felt like it was cramped up in pain and he was shaking terribly by then. Mostly from emotions and partly from physical. When his mate came over his arms would wrap around his shoulders and buried his face next to his neck smelling his scent to comfort himself. 

Orin frowned and looked at her. He touched her cheek. Watching her with disappointment. “When is your best due?”

He sighed, pulling her into his arms for a moment. “You must think, Lexie. There will be a price to pay, now. Go clean up the table then be in my bed ready to receive your punishment.” His voice was almost.... too calm.

———

Damian said nothing on the drive home. Said nothing as he lifted Haru from the car and carried him into the house. Said nothing as he sat on the sofa and buried his nose into neck and clenched his eyes shut. It was pathetic really. To be so upset over something barely conceived and with such great odds against it.... yet here he was!

Moisture in his eyes before he pulled back to look at him. He stroked his hair, tender and sweet. 

He just looked at Haru for a time. Slowly returning to his senses. “I can help you clean up. A long soak might help.... do....” he frowned, Damian’s brow furrowing; “do you need some painkillers?”

Lexie trembled thinking about it then licked her parched lips fear rising in her chest, "about 6 days..." She knew she was going to be in for a rough ride. "Yes sir..." She turned to go clean up the table knowing her punishment was going to be severe.

____

Haru held him as he mourned. It was sweet really. Alpha did take their young seriously and it was good to see how much he cared. Holding him he felt his heart give another little flutter even among the disaster. Running his fingers through Damian's hair he smiled softly, "my alpha..." Kissing his cheek softly his hand ran down his chest resting over his heart.

"Yes please... something for pain... like anti-inflammatory and hot bath sounds good..." Haru smiled but it didn't reach his eyes, he was very sad but trying to help ease his mates pain. Reaching up he wiped the wetness resting in his eyes. Right now he felt so tired and small but safe back in his mates arms. He knew the next time he carried his mate would be all over him worried sick and at some point Haru would snap at him. For now they just needed to be there for each other.

"Then maybe... some tea... I can make some chamomile, I'm not sure if you like tea," Haru gently nuzzled his face under Damian's chin.

Damian frowned down at his mate. He knew more than anyone that Haru was pained. He was hiding it.... but he was in pain.

“My dear, sweet mate. You do not need to pretend it doesn’t pain you too,” Damian was more than aware it did. That the other was scared and sad too. That was okay. They were allowed to be sad and upset! That was.... normal.

“I’ll get you anything you need.” He promised. “You don’t need to lift a finger tonight. I.... I’ve got you. Okay?”

Very gently, he placed him into the chair, getting up so he could fetch the pain medication. Returning, glass of water in hand, he knelt before him.

Damian looked over his mates face and then reached and touched his knee. “I am so sorry.....” he said. Closing his eyes as he rested his forehead onto the other man’s knee. “I failed you. Failed to protect you.”

He wasn’t usually one for a pity party.... but today was.... different.

Haru sighed softly, if his ears were out they wouldn't drooped then. He was sad. Beyond sad. A part of him really hoped they would've beaten the odds but if a tumble like that could stop this then there was probably not a chance the baby would've stayed. Taking the meds he drank about half the glass of water before setting it down. The tears were starting to come again as he watched his mate so distraught on the floor. 

"You didn't fail me," Haru leaned forward to wrap his arms around his head. "I hate to say it... but if a little tumble like that did it then anything could've... I wouldn't miscarried anyway." He sniffled holding his head a little tighter. "Even with knowing the first time usually fails in male omega's... it still hurts... it's okay to be upset Damian... I'm here... in a couple months w-we can t-try again-"

Sniffling the tears started falling faster as a hiccup of a sob wracked him. He'd never cried in front of anyone before but he couldn't keep the wall up any longer. Clutching at Damian he let out his tears and let out his sadness holding onto him.  

Even if logically that was the case.... he couldn’t accept it right now. He couldn’t! “She still shouldn’t have pushed you. There was no need for it.”

Hearing him cry, Damian stood, scooping him into his arms as he headed upstairs.

He stayed quiet as he entered the bathroom. “We knew this night happen.  We can try again. But that doesn’t mean we have to ignore now. I’m sorry, I don’t lie.... I had hoped we’d beat the odds, the fact we didn’t?” He shrugged lightly. “It’s not our fault.” But someone would... he’d make sure of that!

He kissed his nose, seating him on the closed toilet before he began to run a nice hot bath before adding some bubbles. Partly to help hide the blood he knew would soon stain the water. “Will you check the temperature for me?” He glanced over. He’d ensure his clothing was cleaned. Haru wouldn’t see it.

Haru held onto him as he was carried up the stairs. He could already feel the blood staining his clothes and almost didn't want him there to see it. Reaching over he felt the water and nodded his head, "that's good." He almost wanted it to be hot enough to burn him but he refrained from saying it or changing the temperature. Undoing the strings of his shirt he loosened them then slipped his shirt over his head. The leggings would need some cleaning along with his underwear. 

Sitting there he wasn't sure he he felt about Damian seeing him covered in blood. The pain kept coming in waves making him lean over a little as cramps tightened his stomach for a moment, "Mn." He let out a little squeak. "Sorry... it really hurts..."

Trembling a little he looked down still sniffling and rubbed his eyes, "thank you... thank you for being so good to me. I really lucked out." He did really smile that time because he meant that. 

Damian could tell that Haru was upset and feeling awkward, he didn’t need to.... he really didn’t need to be ashamed of anything. Damian supposed that this might happen a few times before they were done....

But having the words to say it? To explain. He wasn’t sure how! So he watched him, quiet and thoughtful. Turning off the water as he watched him further.

The alpha frowned. “My sweet omega.... no alpha worth his salt would be cruel right now. But forgetting that. You do not deserve anything but my affection and care.”

Moving closer he kissed his lips, slowly helping him to remove the remaining clothing. “The heat will help the pain.... and the painkillers will hopefully kick in soon.” He stroked his cheek momentarily. “Do you want me to join you in the bath?”

Haru  tucked against him when he removed the bottoms and closed his eyes tightly not wanting to see it but could feel what was left behind. Trembling against Damian he nodded his head looking up at him a light blush on his cheeks, "if your okay with... you know the blood and all that."

It was oddly intimate and honestly a part of him was thankful his mate was so open. Sure they'd had sex and toyed with each other but this was a deeper connection than he was expecting with his alpha. Of course he was nervous since this was all new and being exposed with such a raw situation left him feeling bare and open in a way he never thought he would be. 

With his mates help he slipped into the bath glad it was so nice and warm. Scooting forward he made room for him behind him so he could rest back against him. He hadn't heard many stories of omega's and alpha's being close, although most just talked about being owned. This wasn't that. The heat was already helping the pain in his lower stomach and back as his shoulder's visibly relaxed.

“I offered. I’m fine with it.” He promised. Meaning it too. He wasn’t squeamish of blood.... and if Haru had to endure this, surely he could too?! Not that it was a pleasant thought...

Helping his mate into the water he stripped off his own clothing before wrapping those bloody clothes in his to ‘hide’ them. He didn’t need Haru to see later. Damian decided he would deal with that part of things!

Done he climbed into the bath behind him and wrapped his arms around Haru, holding him close to his chest. This just meant they had longer to get to know each other first? Not entirely a bad thing.... right?

“Tomorrow.... I want you to rest. Okay? You’re not a prisoner, you can go out. I just.... want you to take it easy.” He worried, nuzzling his neck. “I will have to deal with the other pack.... but possibly not tomorrow.”

Haru leaned back against him glad to have the bubbles hiding the blood, this was a lot more pleasant than dealing with it by himself. Running his hand over Damian's arm he leaned back and up to kiss his mates chin then relaxed against him, "It's alright... I want to stay in tomorrow." He didn't know how he'd handle moving around tomorrow. "Maybe we can make some chicken soup..."

Like when he'd get sick or anyone, he'd make chicken soup to help the person heal, "you should rest too. I have a few choice words for them myself so please wait for me." His voice held no anger behind it at the moment but they were firm. "You're alpha and leader I get that but I'm not going to stand aside just because that's what society thinks we should be doing."

Running his hand along Damian's he sighed softly, "especially not if I'll be facing omega's like Lexie. Beta's or even alphas... no... I want to protect our pack too and not just be a trophy." 

Damian smiled shyly. “I’ll need to go run...” he’d need to check the perimeter himself. He needed to ensure that Haru was safe... himself!

But still.... “sure. Chicken soup it is,” right now.... Damian would give him the world if he could!

He played with Haru’s hair. “I’ll wait for you.” After today? Maybe the other deserved to have a say? He’d not deny him!

He growled softly but made himself stop. “You are not a trophy.”

He hummed gently and nuzzled him. “I adore you. You know that? Right?”

Haru smiled softly leaning into the nuzzle running his fingers through his mates hair, "it's easy to forget where I came from with how wonderfully I'm treated here... most omega's are livestock but this... you." Turning his head he kissed his mates temple. "You treat me wonderfully. I'm very happy to be here with you."

This was love for sure but they were still very new to it. Basking in his comfort he would gently rub his hands over Damian's arms as they soaked till the water started to turn cold and the pain was mostly gone. It was so early on there wasn't much his body had to do. Had it been a month that would've been another story. 

Gently kissing Damian he touched his cheek, "I want to go lie down and sleep for the night... I know it's early but I'm exhausted." He didn't feel hungry either, just kind of sick to his stomach. Maybe he'd feel better about eating tomorrow but not today. The chicken soup would be a good pick me up food tomorrow.

“I know. It’s kind of part of why I didn’t think I’d ever get one... the idea of bidding.... buying...” Damian frowned, “it didn’t sit well with me. But then I saw your spirit. Saw you. It intrigued me... If I can only save you from that life? Then I am glad.” Haru was so much more. So very much more!

“Okay, I’ll tuck you in bed.... then I have a few things to do before I come join you?” Namely, clearing up the bloody things. He knew they’d only been a week pregnant... but it still stung. He knew it would take Haru some time to recover. 

Carefully he climbed out of the bath, trying to ignore the fact it was pink as he helped Haru out. “Come....” he kissed his neck. He wouldn’t be fucking Haru any time soon.... but maybe he’d bite him? “And let’s get rid of this?” He touched the collar. “At least for now.” The collar had been more for show, he didn’t see it as owning his omega. They were a team in his eyes.

Haru smiled softly, "you have no idea." He meant about his spirit. Haru could be on the more brash side of how omega's were but he also understood the dynamics. Haru glanced over at their clothes and nodded his head. "Thank you for helping me." 

His eyes fluttered a little when he kissed his neck feeling a calm wash over him from that, "okay." He moved the collar and helped undo the hook since it sat firmly on his throat. He didn't want to chock himself. Wrapping up in a towel he dried off a bit then leaned over to pull the lug on the tub. His mate was nice enough to sit there with him through the pain but it would probably be a couple days before he was back up to doing anything. 

Certainly he'd be up for giving his mate a helping hand if he was wanting anything but his stomach couldn't handle much more than that. Maybe the days after but he hoped there wouldn't be any last effects of this for either of them. 

“You think I can’t see your stubbornness? I can.” Damian laughed.

Carefully he helped him with the collar and put it on the sink. Emptying the bath, he lifted a towel wrapped Haru up and walked him to the bedroom. Looking to the wardrobe he frowned, “do you want to wear something for bed? I understand if you do.” He promised. He wasn’t judging Haru right now. Whatever was necessary!

Carefully he sat his precious cargo down on the bed, taking his hands and kissing each tenderly.

Sex was the furthest thought from his mind right now. He didn’t care about it when he had more important things to consider.

He slowly stood, moving to pick up a hairbrush. Sitting beside Haru he carefully brushed his hair.

Haru blushed a little looking towards his clothing. He didn't really have anything for this, "maybe two pairs of underwear and my thick night pants... just in case." He sat bundled in the towel. "Do you have any t-shirts I can borrow? That... you've worn recently?" Of course they were sleeping together but if he could have more of his scent wrapped around him than even better.

Leaning into the brushing he looked down. He felt sore and tired but at least he wasn't nauseous to the point of throwing up. Sometimes he heard that would happen. He felt sick but not that bad. Leaning into his mates touch he closed his eyes, "that feels nice."

Sighing softly he knew they'd be sad for a few days but his mate was taking such good care of him, that he really appreciated it. His neck felt bare without the collar though. Touching his neck gently that was strange he'd gotten so used to wearing it, he felt naked without it. 

Damian blinked at the request but nodded. “Yesterday’s shirt? Or my jogging one from this morning?” He offered. Briefly he wondered if they should get some things in just in case this happened again. He didn’t want to jinx it.... but statistics were against him and he’d rather be prepared so he could help properly!

He finished brushing his hair before gathering what was needed. He smiled gently. “Here. Two pairs of underwear. Thick sleeping bottoms. My shirt....”

Something niggled.... “what’s wrong? Does your neck hurt?” He asked unsure.

Haru hummed softly as he thought about it, "if the jogging one isn't too sweaty that would be nice." He blushed a little. "Your scent is calming. I know you're going to sleep with me but if everything smells like you it'll help." 

Taking the clothes he looked up at his mate and bit his bottom lip, "I'm not used to not wearing it. I wore it for almost ten years unless I showered and... It feels weird without it but also freeing." He took the underwear slipping them both on and then the bottoms and his shirt. Pulling the shirt up to his face he took a deep breath then smiled. It was like being wrapped in a warm hug. Maybe he'd nest in their bed tonight, covered in blankets and pillows. 

"I'm alright Damian," he smiled softly up at his mate feeling rather spoiled right now but he was happy for it right now. 

“I figured that might be the reason.” He admits. “Maybe I’ll start wearing hoodies just so you can steal them.” He teased, trying to be normal even though it was the furthest thing from his mind right now!

“Ah.....” he frowned. “I didn’t think.... I know we put that one on to make a show at the other alphas home.... do.... do you want it back on?” Damian would go get it in a heartbeat.

Damian hummed. “I know you’re okay.... I know I’m fussing.... I’m sorry.” He couldn’t help it. Instinct drove him!

He climbed into bed, patting the space before him as he waited for his mate to join him. The moment he did, Damian would pull the covers over them and hold him close. Ever the protective big spoon.

Haru looked up at his Alpha with a soft smile,  "I would steal all your goodies. Trust me. You smell amazing,  but it's need to make you wear them first.  Maybe two so I can switch them out."It was a half joke because he really wasn't joking.  He'd wear them and switch them our so he could wash them. 

"No I'm fine,  after getting rid of it for a couple days then wearing it again it just felt strange. I'm good I don't want it," He chuckled softly laying down so his mate could spoon him.  After shifting his legs a couple times from the extra layers of clothing he sighed resting on the bed.  

Reaching his hand up he ran it over Damian's arm sighing softly, "its okay." 

Haru was adorable. “I can get three hoodies and swap them out for you. I don’t mind at all.” He could tell that the other was rather wanton of such a thing. Even if he tried to joke and pretend.

“If you’re sure. If you are wanting something similar but.... from me.... I can arrange it. But you don’t have to wear a collar for me.” He said honestly. “I can’t promise you might not need one from time to time. Official business. But not the rest of the time if you don’t desire it.” He hummed gently.

“I know. And I know this might happen again too. I just.... wish it hadn’t been like.... that.” Public and from a push that had never meant to happen! Damian buried his nose in the back of Haru’s neck.

”Now rest?” He hummed gently. “I’ll be here when you wake.”

"Yes please," he smiled about the hoodies. Haru was grateful and so thankful he'd ended up with an alpha who would work with him,  who'd compromise in some things.  Of course he understood how the dynamics worked but that doesn't mean he liked them.  

Smiling softly he closed his eyes, "you should get some rest too." He drifted to sleep in his alphas arms feeling horribly exhausted. He knew his alpha had to be stressed too.

Even into the next morning if he didn't wake him he'd sleep in a couple hours.  His body felt wrecked and needed time to heal.  

Indulging him didn’t cost Damian much. So he would happily give him these things.

He closed his eyes. Enjoying the feel of Haru in his arms even with the slight scent of blood in the air. He ignored it as cuddled him close, squeezing him tight.

He fell asleep too. Enjoying the closeness of his mate. This wasn’t the end. It was only the beginning!

The next morning he woke as usual... though he didn’t move. Just held him and waited for him to rise. 

Damian played softly with a strand of hair, watching the morning lightly glow and bounce off the others gentle sleeping face. His beauty.