(Private RP) Tainted Hope <<syaoran-puu and Yukonwolfspirit>>

Guest syaoran-puu

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“ I can do it...I can hold my own” Yukie assures Skylar despite looking like the earth would swallow him up. Following Skylar Yukie went deeper into the cold underground his eyes slowly adjusting to the dark room. Searching around he looked for the dresser and after afew moments a lantern was lit illuminating the beautifully decorated room. “I always lit the lantern for Ayme...the inside is pretty” Yukie admitted his voice deeply saddened and holding a deep fear as he led the way. Stopping in front of a thick door Yukie carefully unlocked it inside being an alter surrounded by dried out wood. “Ayme always prepped it after each cleaning he said it was also good to cleanse it between uses...I guess he meant this” Yukie whispered his voice showing a hint of amazement at how beautiful the actual oven was with its metal work and the artwork on the inside. “He painted this....” Yukie mumbled touching the beautiful painting on the wall that showed the mountains scenes surround the shrine.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

Guest syaoran-puu

Skylar had to admit it was amazingly intricate down here. Way more than he expected actually!

“I guess so.” He listened to the other man, not entirely sure what to say to everything. He looked to the decoration. “It looks amazing. So detailed.”

Ayme was still held in his arms. When the furnace was opened he very carefully placed him down. He brushed the hair from his face, careful. “Is there anything you’d like to say to him?” Skylar looked to Yukie.

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“...I’m...not sure I never said anything to anyone else I’ve seen cremated.” Yukie admitted gently touching Aymes hand as he stood by him for a moment his face saddened as he looked at Ayme one last time. “Ayme, when your reborn...see if you can get a happier life...please don’t come back as a spider or a slug.” Yukie asked awkwardly as he choked down his sadness and forced a smile. “I’d feel pretty bad if I had to put you outside in the rain or toss you out of the tomatoes if you came back as either of those. So please choose a good life and I promise one day I’ll find you or you can find me” He finished with a small chuckle his hand letting go of Ayme with a saddened sigh. “you want to say anything?” Yukie asked looking at Skylar his eyes showing a somewhat deep peace under all the sadness.

Guest syaoran-puu

Skylar listened to Yukie with a smile on his face, of all the things to say! “I’m sure he’ll pick a good life. He deserves it.” He said simply, meaning it.

He looked to Ayme a moment then to Yukie. He hesitated a moment then moved and held Ayme’s hand. “You gave me a precious gift of yours. And I don’t forget it. Or you.” He smiled sadly. “I’m sad that you’re gone.” He moved forward and touched the guys cheek. “You’re cute.” He frowned. “Be happy.” He pulled away.

Stepping away he headed towards the controls. “Ready?” He’d not do this without Ayme’s say so.

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“Yeah” Yukie replied stopping for a moment just watching Ayme as if truely making sure he was fully gone. Locking the door he went over and turned on the machine easily working the controls. “....I use to do this for father when I lived with him...he kept it less clean.” Yukie admitted finishing as the process began and he took a seat on the steps. “I don’t remember things well...he made sure I couldn’t ever let others know so my brain is a little fuzzy sometimes but every now and then I remember.” Yukie explained with a small sigh the room causing so many confusing memories. “It’s good we waited as long as we did with his body Father often just tossed them in when they weren’t of use. -It was easier- he’d always say to me and then eventually he stopped using it and just used the room to store bodies when he started going a little more crazy” Yukie admitted shivering a little his chin resting on his knees as he watched the warm flickering light from the door window. “He...Wanted copies of me, and I’m still glad he always failed, but I feel responsible for those he killed sometimes I can hear their screams and voices begging for help at night...I don’t know which Aymes will be if I hear him to.” Yukie whispered letting Skylar in a little more to his mind.

Guest syaoran-puu

Skylar watched, letting him go about setting things alight. He watched a moment then moved and sat beside Yukie.

As the man spoke he couldn’t help but lace their fingers together and just listen.

“Ayme won’t ask you for help. You know why? Because you saved each other. He carved out a slice of happiness together. He loved you. That much was clear.” Skylar offered as he looked to Yukie. “Whatever your father, your creator did, it wasn’t you. You’re not to blame. Ever.”

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“...thank you” Yukie whispered finding comfort in Skylars words as he laid his head against Skylars shoulder and just relaxed watching the flicker of the light. “Why don’t we head back for lunch and by the time we are done we can finish up here” Yukie asked feeling and looking much more at peace with himself and his place in the world. “I can make a mean sandwich~” Yukie offered playfully as he stood up and brushed himself off.

Guest syaoran-puu

Skylar didn’t think he’d ever fully understand Yukie. Still he nodded and stood up, brushing off the dust from his trousers. “A mean sandwich?” He hummed.

He ruffled his hair. “Come on then. Show me what you’ve got. I want to see if you’re as good as you think you are.” He teased. Enjoying just having a little fun, even among the sadness.

Taking Yukie’s hand he headed back to the house. “How soon do you want to start travelling? Or should I go without you? My... my presence here seems to be attracting the nasties. I don’t want to put you in danger.”

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“We can go tonight if you want I need to at least pack and lock the place up.” Yukie explained as he lead the way back his heart feeling a little better knowing Ayme had finally been put to rest. Frowning at the talk of leaving alone Yukie stopped and glared coldly at Skylar. “I’m not some frail thing you need to care for! I can hold my own just fine even against those monsters, I may not be all there but I’m not a child so don’t act like I need protecting and can’t understand the real threats” Yukie replied his tone a touch angry and he stepped in to correct Skylar not wanting Skylar to see him as a weak or less then valuable mate. “I can keep up just fine and I’m not scared” Yukie added the last bit a obvious lie as he let go of Skylars hand and continued walking to the shrine. While Yukie was stubborn and quite adamant about Not being looked down on it often made him come off as a touch hostile sighing Yukie stopped for a moment before going back and taking Skylars hand sulking. “I didn’t mean to snap like that...I’m sorry I just don’t want you to see me like Ayme did I may have problems but I know I can keep up so please don’t leave me behind”.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Not tonight.” He said softly. “But soon then.”

Skylar blinked at that. He listened. Frowned a moment. Then stepped closer and reached for him. “Yukie. I’m more than aware you can hold your own.” But you have your moments of vulnerability too.

“I want you to learn to fly first. Then.... we can use it to our advantage if we need to.” In truth that meant.... we can run if needed. Skylar wanted an escape route. Wanted to make sure that Yukie was safe. Plus they could explore further. Dream for a better life.

“It’s okay. I’m getting used to it. But I can’t promise I won’t snap back if you keep making a habit of it.” Skylar was definitely no saint.

“But okay. I won’t leave you alone.” He promised.

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“I’ll follow your lead then learn to fly and all that” Yukie replied reassuring that he was going to try and keep his emotions under control. “...so I do have a question for you and it’s one I need to figure out but how you do you want to be referenced? I mean when we travel I think people might ask and I’m going to ask for the shrines third youngest to care for it while we are gone so he might want to know who you are so he doesn’t think I’m just running off” Yukie explained gently taking Skylars hand a little more. “If you don’t know it’s alright Ayme chose for us a year later once we met again and three years after that we where mates. It fit well after so long but I’m not sure with you. My feelings are mixed and irrational when I’m with you to the point where I feel like I’m going crazy trying to be normal for you” Yukie explained his face reddening as he noticed he had been over talking about something so silly.

Guest syaoran-puu

If Skylar was honest... he didn’t really understand what Yukie was asking. He frowned a moment as the other started to ramble.

He cupped his cheek. “I don’t know what we are. I don’t know what I was to Ayme either.” He was only trying to be honest. “You can tell them whatever you want. I’ll agree with it. They won’t have to worry.” He shrugged. “Or if you don’t know either? Then.... just friends? At least initially.”

And yet it felt like they might be more? Like Yukie might want more too? He wasn’t sure!

He chuckled lightly. “But stop. Stop trying to be something you’re not. Don’t force yourself into something you think is normal or will make me happy. In the end you’ll be miserable and that will upset me too. Understood?” Skylar wasn’t promising that he could or would always understand or react well! But he’d try....

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

Nodding at Skylar Yukie blushed a little more as he moved away from the gentle caress to his face afraid he wasn’t ready to consider Skylar anything more then a friend. While his mind and body longed to be with him in that way...the fear in his heart wasn’t ready the male afraid of hurting or loosing someone so close again. “I’m...fine with friend for now I feel fine trusting you and allowing gentle contact.” Yukie explained with a small smile just holding Skylars hand close. Continuing their walk back to the house Yukie looked at Skylar for a moment studying his wings. “Who taught you to fly? Was it one of your elders?” Yukie asked curious about the whole fact that Skylar could fly despite his own fears on flying.

Guest syaoran-puu

Friend and gentle contact? Skylar felt like there was a story there but he wasn’t sure what! He wouldn’t push for now. Instead just nodded. “Sure. Whatever you need.”

He looked at his wings, already healing from the latest burns. “My older brothers.” He smiled, fond and yet currently a little sad too. “We had lots of posts to practise from. Then one day they.... just told us to believe and we jumped off the island into the sky. And flew.” He offered. “It’s not that hard. When you know what to do.”

He stepped inside. Squeezing Yukie’s hand a moment. “So? This mean sandwich of yours? I believe in you. Come on. Make me the best you can.” He laughed.

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“I see you must have trusted them a lot and in their teaching to learn to fly.” Yukie admitted with a small chuckle his body instantly relaxing once they arrived home stepping inside the shrine Yukie was confused by the random clutter he had unknowingly created. Looking over at Skylar who squeezed his hand snapped him instantly back to reality something that so rarely happened when he got distracted. “Oh really you really want my mean sandwich?” Yukie asked teasingly with a happy smile as he quickly made his way to the kitchen getting to work he hummed and searched for all of his ingredients. “So our of curiosity are you really against visiting humans, Ayme had a few friends he didn’t let me meet over the years that where like that but most centaurs are” Yukie explained setting out a nice cool drink for Skylar. “Apparently there are more non humans species some live in exile some with humans. The ones I do know are nice and I swear the cashier at the store is a fairy.” Yukie added more so rattling on and forgetting he even had asked Skylar a question.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Of course. I trusted my brothers. And when younger brothers were created? I looked after them too.” Skylar admitted softly. His family.... had been his life.

He blinked in surprise as the mess in here only to hesitate a moment. He moved forward and started to pack some of the books away for him. “Yes. I want my sandwich.” He chuckled. Skylar was happy to cling to the happiness and fun for just a moment longer.

“Humans don’t understand or accept my wings. I can’t hide them or change them. I don’t have anything against them. I’ve spend my life saving and protecting them from evil demons.” He admits.

“I’m aware there are other species. I... my home is gone. For now I am the last one. I need to.... find something.” Skylar hugged. “I think I might need to try contacting my God parents. Maybe they can help me....”

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“Well that sounds like a good plan” Yukie admitted as he finally finished his work setting down a beautifully made sandwich. Smirking Yukie looked at Skylar it’s quite angry as you can see” Yukie explained the sandwich having two olives on toothpicks with two small pieces of onion to make angry eyebrows. Taking his own angry sandwich Yukie removed the toothpicks and took a bite. “So, how do you find your god parents? Like a special shrine or something?” Yukie asked taking a napkin to clean his face.

Guest syaoran-puu

Skylar smirked. So ‘mean sandwich’ meant angry face? It was cute. “It’s adorable. I love it. Thank you.” Skylar laughed. He took out the toothpicks and took a bite.

Skylar chuckled. “There were shrines a long time ago... but now? I just need a high mountain and my words. They’ll hear me. They might not reply. But they’ll hear me.” Skylar could only hope that after the death of his brothers and Skyhall being brought down.... he just hoped that they were equally effected and would help him.... because otherwise? Skylar really did have no one at all.

He fell quiet, eating up a moment. Licking his lips and trying not to make any more mess than he had to!

He looked at the inside of his arm. “I do have this mark.” He ran a finger over the white ink, it was barely visible unless you knew it was there. It was a sword with wings. “Proof I’m a Valkyrie. Proof I’m a Demi-God..... the child of two Gods.” He ran his finger over it a moment longer before he wrapped a hand around it.

4-A5022-DD-AD35-42-CA-A007-DC338889-D4-AC.jpg

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“It seems special to you. Did your parents give it to or was it your brothers?” Yukie asked curiously looking at the faint mark that looked so much different then the many others he had seen. Skylars mark was rather beautiful against the skin it looked as if it was a mark of honor for the man which made Yukie silently question a few things he had thought he knew. “It’s beautiful” he whispered with a happy smile and finished his sandwich his mind clearly mulling over a few things in regard to what Skylar said. “You mentioned needing a mountain...how big exactly? Because I know one that’s really big and gets up into the clouds on good days” Yukie explained while putting his dishes in the sink.

Guest syaoran-puu

“I was born with it. As a baby it was just a small dot.... that grew as I grew. The legend goes that when the mark is complete a Valkyrie has finished maturing, reaching their final body form.” He dropped his hand and shrugged. “Thank you. I’m glad you like it.”

Not that it would change anything if Yukie didn’t like it. He couldn’t and couldn’t remove it.

“Oh! I don’t think there’s a minimum. I just need to fly up as high as I can. Hence a mountain,” he smiled softly. “Oh? You know of one? Awesome. Where is it? Is it far?” Of course.... going might be tricky. If he flew it would be fast, but Yukie didn’t want to be left alone. So if they walked? It would be much slower.

“There’s no rush. It’s not like....” Skylar frowned, “it’s not like it will bring them back.” He hummed sadly.

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

Yukie stopped at Skylars words a deep sadness filling his heart as he walked over and gently took Skylars hand. “I really wish I could ease the pain you feel” Yukie explained not sure what he could do for Skylar other then keep him company. “I can take you to the mountain it’s a little far but I can keep up if you want to fly. I do have other faster forms” Yukie explained with a small smile wanting so much to see Skylars eyes full of happiness. While Yukie would never say it to skylar Due to the pain it would cause him deep down he wished he could have seen Skylars world and see the joy radiating from his eyes, but still keep him locked away so he couldn’t leave him. Yukie knew there was no logic to wanting to keep Skylar by his side I mean weren’t they just friends? He had no right in his mind to even ask for him to stay or consider leaving his home. While it hurt Yukie deep inside...he knew that when the time came and Skylar did go back to his home he would have to walk away and let him go. “We could easily make the trip in maybe a week on foot three days in various forms and maybe a day and a half flying depending on how fast we go” Yukie added secretly pushing down his own feelings and desires.

Guest syaoran-puu

Skylar squeezes Yukie’s hands back. “Me too. Just like I wish you weren’t hurting either. But.... pain is a sign that we’re still alive. Still here. And those we’ve lost.... they wouldn’t want us to be sad for too long. They wouldn’t want us to stay still....” he nodded gently with a smile.

“Ah. I forgot that you can change forms.” Skylar smiled softly. “That will be interesting. I’ll race you to the top then.” He winked. Needing a good distraction right now.

He swallowed a moment then shrugged, “it doesn’t matter how long it takes as long as we’re prepared and have resources for the time. I’m picky like that.” He teased.

Skylar watched him a moment, reaching he captured the guys hand, holding it close a moment. “What do you want? I feel like there’s something you’re not saying?” Or was he overthinking this? Maybe.

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“Oh it’s nothing, I’m just thinking about what we will see at the top of the mountain. I don’t think I’ve ever travelled so far or high so it should be pretty” Yukie explained with a small smile. “Either way I need to go water the garden feel free to do whatever you want or join me” Yukie explained quickly changing the subject not wanting Skylar to see through his lie that was slowly eating him up inside. Letting go of Skylars hand Yukie went off to change into some gardening clothes and after grabbing his sun hat had escaped outside away from those eyes he was afraid to leave or even betray when it came time.

Guest syaoran-puu

“Clouds.” Skylar teased. But he found it endearing that Yukie wanted to see what he hadn’t seen before. It was cute.

Despite the playfulness he worried that Yukie wasn’t saying something. But what?

“Please don’t go beyond the shine protection. I don’t want any evil demons attacking you!” He frowned a moment. “Actually. Let me come with you....”

He wasn’t going to push Yukie to speak but it was clear that the man wanted to say something. Or rather.... he wasn’t saying it.

He did however pick up his sword, knowing evil lurked close by made him feel better! Skylar couldn’t help but laugh at Yukie’s cute outfit. “You’re adorable.”

Guest Yukonwolfspirit

“I burn easily in the sun. Ayme scolded me more then once about not being careful about taking care of myself so I have to wear a hat or use an umbrella outside.” Yukie explained blushing a little as he smiled at Skylar leading the way to the huge garden at the edge of the shrine. “I’m going to water and check if anything is ready and we can plan dinner based on that-“ Yukie explained stopping suddenly at the gate a man standing in the garden enjoying the view a long scar across his face and over one eye as he turned and looked at Yukie with a smile.

“My my.... you’ve certainly kept busy I have to admit for such a disobedient son you made sure to keep hidden so well...shame Aymes smoke gave away where you where in the mountains.” The man explained easily lighting a cigarette as his cold eyes fell on Yukie who just stood unable to speak or turn away. “Tell me...” the man asked blowing out a puff of smoke. “How many years has it been since we last met...could have sworn Only a few days have passed” he asked eyeing Skylar who stood behind Yukie his cold eyes meeting the valkries. “Why don’t you send your friend inside to get us some drinks while we talk?”.