Those Little Magic Words (ideduce x AkiraVadel)

akiravadel

A few moments later Gaius and Merlin came in. Merlin was carrying a number of things for Gaius, "what happened?" Merlin looked worriedly at Arthur wondering what Mordred had done.

Gaius leaned over Uther and started checking him over. This didn't look good.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• akiravadel

• ideduce

"Please clear the room of guards we need a better environment for him," Gaius got a cold clothe and put it on his head. He felt his pulse and started checking a few other things as Merlin helped.

Gaius and Merlin exchanged glances. They knew what it was. Merlin suddenly realized why Arthur was given the clutch.

Gaius shook his head, "no thank you sire." Once the doors shut they got to looking for anything that would lead to an enchantment. Merlin started getting frustrated.

Gaius nodded to him so Merlin started saying spells he knew to fix it. He tried very hard over and over but nothing happened. Hours past of him working and nothing worked.

Merlin finally came out with Gaius, "we've done what we can."

Arthur made a face and ran. He went to Merlin's room and then ran back pulling them both into the room holding out the things Gareth gave him. He gave them puppy eyes.

Merlin looked down at it, "Arthur... do you realize what your asking for... your both against magic..."

Gaius nodded his head, "bringing in a warlock won't be easy. Their all against your father."

Merlin swallowed hard knowing he could but was Arthur willing to take that chance?

"If it saves him.....It shouldn't matter if it saves him." Arthur moved closer to his father.

He was trembling.

"Father don't leave yet." Arthur knelled by him and cried on his chest holding onto him. He froze up. Then looked at him. "Hold on father....." He looked at him. "Hold on I'll save you I promise." he got up. "MERLIN GET ME SOME SOME KNIGHTS WE'RE RIDING OUT." he knew a druid it was the only thing he could do or think of.

((do you want him to catch Arthur as the old man or as himself?))

"Arthur!" Merlin grabbed Arthur's arm. "You need to calm down and really think about this."

Gaius looked at the guards as they came in as the prince yelled. They then turned to inform the knights about riding out since Merlin and Arthur were busy with each other for a moment.

"If he gave it to us, he can help us. Father knows I'm responsible for them he wouldn't hurt him. I'm not just going to sit and do nothing! Maybe father will like magic if someone helps him for once!"

Merlin took a deep breath, "we have no idea where they even are... why not send a group out to retrieve him. I need to stay and help Gaius."

Gaius looked between them, "do what you need to do Sire."

"All right, you stay I'll ride out to him." he looked at his knights. "You stay with the castle and do what Giaus says. You two come with me." He was going to try and find him. Riding out and breakneck speeds again. He first rode north to where they once were. Then used tracking abilities to follow them to the best of his and his knights abilities.

They weren't far away from Camelot. Gareth and his group were riding away with their carts and horses. The small group heard someone coming and instantly got on the defensive until they saw the prince.

Gareth rode his horse over, "Sire?"

He slowed and dismounted "Gareth, I need your help." he huffed.

He filled him in on what had happened.

"I can show my father magic isn't all bad. Please, he's dying."

Gareth looked at Arthur and shook his head, "I know what you are saying but trust me. You have had magic near you all along. It's time for you to see the truth. Go back to Camelot and straight to your fathers room. You'll see what your future has in store."

He smiled softly and put his hand on Arthur's shoulder, "you'll make an amazing king. Please keep that open mind."

____

Merlin gathered the things from Gareth and set it up on Uther. He knew this was a huge risk doing this while people were everywhere and he wasn't in disguise, but coming in as the old man would cause problems since they tried to kill him a while back.

He took a deep breath and walked over to Uther putting his hand above Uther's face, "srathe vultre amith abara hon yorush veil diveth." His chanting continued on before his eyes glowed gold.

Arthur assumed he meant Giaus. He calmed down, and hugged Gareth.

"Hopefully, father will see the good in it.How could he not." He let him go and left him with a sack of gold.

He knew the man would distribute it without having to ask him.

"When all is well, we'll invite you to stay with us." Arthur maybe hoped to high, but then again maybe it was best.

He mounted his horse.

"Seems we might have a healer already with my father." he rode back more at ease.

He would not inturupt any incantations but he would press an ear to the door, and when nothing was spoken he'd walk in.

Merlin gasped and looked to Arthur with gold eyes and a glow coming from his hand. His whole body went pale, "A-Arthur!" He pulled his hand back and hoped he didn't see it but there was no way he hadn't.

Arthur stepped closer.

"....You?" he was thrown off guard, he expected to see Giaus. "You're the magic user? I thought it was Giaus." he looked to his father. He smiled a bit. "Is he doing better?"

Merlin was a bit surprised at his change in demeanor, "I-I don't know... I'm trying... I'm trying what Garet gave us... I've never used anything... like this before..."

The smile went away and he looked at his father.

"Should I leave you alone, or is there something I can do?"

Merlin looked at Arthur a bit horrified, "your talking normal to-"

Uther inhaled a straggled breath of air.

Merlin turned to him and started working on the chant again. This wasn't good. It seemed the thing he used was pushing Uther over the edge. His hand began to glow again as he chanted quickly then suddenly Uther looked to Arthur and smiled softly. His breath left his lungs and then his eyes closed as he passed away.

Arthur stared at him, and watched his chest.

"What....Did you do?" he moved closer and touched his father's cold hand. He drew back.

He looked at Merlin. Brows furrowed. Sarrow on his face. He looked at the artifact Gareth gave them.

"He was fine the day before. You knew. That.....Druid....It's not healing. Him going on and on about me being king while my father was healthy YOU KNEW! I TRUSTED YOU!......Or did you make me trust you?,,,," Tears welled in his eyes. "Be nice to you....What am I next? was that it? It was all a threat?!" his hand was on his sword. "God help me Merlin." he glared at him his knuckles turning white ready to attack him. "And pray he have mercy on you for I will not!" he drew his sword ready to strike him.

"No! No Arthur! No I didn't-" Merlin was panicking as Arthur's rage turned to him. He felt his heart pouding in his chest. This was what he was afraid of.

"Arthur don't!" Merlin put his hand up and his eyes flashed gold throwing Arthur's sword behind him having it stick into the wall. "I didn't know what this would do!" He was shaking so bad now. What could he do at this point? "Please Arthur I was trying to heal him. I don't want to take his life even if he would want to take mine knowing what I am."

This made him remember the moment when he best friend died and Arthur told him how dangerous magic people were and that he should have told him.

He went to his father drawing out his sword.

"LIER! He was breathing struggling and you just killed him!" he was trying to run him through. "YOU LIED TO ME THIS WHOLE TIME!" he figured Merlin kept this all secret on purpose for tonight.

Morgana smiled hearing him yell in anger. She opened the door with knights following her and used magic to push Arthur out the window but he caught the walls and held on. His armor made him heavy. Arthur kicked his legs and heard Morgana scream in 'terror' for him.

"Morgana run!" Arthur yelled at her.

Merlin looked over at Morgana and glared at her. This was all falling to pieces, "damn it!"

Merlin threw her back out of the room and slammed the door. He then knocked out the guards by throwing them back. He then ran to the window and reached a hand out for him, "grab my hand!"