the saddest yaoi manga ever?

raniechan

Wow lol all the ones I could think of you guys already said, but just to second these:

Cut by KAWAI Touko

Winter Cicada (From Haru wo Daite Ita)

Boy Next Door (very psychologically depressing too)

Hybrid Child by NAKAMURA Shungiku

Sometimes it's hard to distinguish anguish and tragedy, but Doushitemo Furetakunai fits even though there's a happy ending :hamtaro-005 (10):

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah3161

• Paola91

• YukiTakumi

• mikejeff02

@tuti

I agree with both your posts... I read New York New York and Sakura Gari

NYNY has a really bittersweet end, it's not completely tragic or sad, but it's not a happy-go-lucky kind of ending, it's more like a realistic touch that leaves you kind of uncertain... You don't know if feel relieved, happy, satisfied, dissapointed, sad, in the verge of tears or whatever. It's a damn good story. I personally ended up anguished but somehow satisfied.

About Sakura Gari, to be honest, I don't remember how it ended... I know it wasn't so terrible because I think I would remember if it were so... But the story was a little twisted and made you doubt of what to expect, a moment you thought it would end decently well, and the next you were dead sure everyone was going to end terribly bad. Another great story.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

why would it end like that! Ame Nimo Mayuwanai! it's not fair!

although i'm used to tragic endings....

but for yaoi tragic endings...especially if it caught my heart...i won't allow it!

Ame Nimo Mayuwanai the guy who has been stab should be seen by keisuke! he should have accidentally walk outside then see the guy (sorry forget the name....) and rushed him to the hospital!

then he'll be save!

then keisuke will realize his feelings too and they both will live happy together!

DAMN IT!

i really hate tragic ending for yaoi! i'm ok if it's not a yaoi though.. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

foor me yaoi anime is togainu no chi....why did he died! (keisuke)...after enduring so much pain....he just died! the anime made me speechless after I watched it...I haven't watch winter cicada yet so....

for manga...Ame Nimo Mayuwanai so far...i really don't like tragic ending for a yaoi anime or manga...but for others like shoujo, harem and so on..i'm ok for a tragic ending..but for yaoi...i dislkie tragic endings for yaoi...

everyone loves happy ending... eh..

maybe the author is sad/ lonely:leaf9: at that time

that's why she/he wrote that kind of story.... or ending :leaf9:

• 2 months later...

For those who havent checked it out, Ame Nimo Mayuwanai doesnt have bad ending!

You guys can go check it out at mangaupdates, the translation group accidentally missed the last page, which is the scene of Keisuke in the hospital laughing.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

its finally happy ending now xDDDDD

uhmm saddest,,

well this is only for me

but I cried when I read this one shot hard core one

Hide and Seek; chapter 5 - Black Sixth Class

the guy has always been in love with his senpai (this didn't show but u can tell)

but his senpai and professor got together,,

while the only thing he has was the final kiss from his senpai!

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the top sad manga I could think of are already mentioned, uhm..

well I find 'Zion no Koeda' quite sad.

'Tadayoedo Shizumazu, Saredo Naki Mo Sezu' is also pretty depressing

I remembered reading some very sad ones, but I cant remember their names anymore lol

• 2 weeks later...

maybe overdose (but i guess overdose is bl), or Bokutachi futari ga koisuru riyuu or king's prophet

- - - Updated - - -

maybe overdose (but i guess overdose is bl), or Bokutachi futari ga koisuru riyuu or king's prophet

The all time saddest manga i've ever read would have to be Lucky-kun by TAKAGUCHI Satosumi. Even after she wrote an alternate ending it still is so sad. Even now when i think about it it makes me sad,thats how realistic and enthralling this piece was. If you haven't read it yet, beware!^^

anyone agree?

It was a oneshot by Honjou Rie...

Ame nimo Mayuwanai (Even in the Rain, My Love Won’t be Lost)

As Kenta Fukunaga lies bleeding in the rain, all he can think about is the past. In order to cover up the secret love he had for his best friend, Keisuke, he lied and claimed to be in love with Keisuke's girlfriend, Runa. As the years passed, a delicate peace exists between the three. But delicate things can be broken so easily...

and i just found out that the last page is missing in the scalation and is not a sad ending... am so happy that i kinda cry a lil bit just now

• 4 weeks later...

well, for me its Lucky Number 13

I don't know why... but its sad when somebody who love you always got hurt because your illness ( I don't know its illness or what)

:hamtaro-005 (5):

I think most of the saddest has already been mentioned, (especially Sakura Gari! For me it was a very sad ending :'( )

But I must say I've come across a lot/some manwhas that has been very sad too! For example Let Dai really pulled at my heart. And running on empty, I can't really remember it, but I think it was sad too?

The manwha Happy Ending didn't have a happy ending in my opinion! I liked the ending but gosh there was just this air of sadness over the whole story.

As for mangas, most of Miyamoto Kano's works are sad! Not just lovers and souls, but also Hydra, Calling (Everything), The Walker Universe (though I was a bit angry at Bun for always finding new men even when he'd already found a sweet guy!).

Sabakareshi Mono (The Judged) was that sad too?

I think I'll just mention it again but Takaguchi Satosumi really has some sad works (like the other mentioned fx Lucky-Kun)

Desire was sad too but has a happy ending :)

Kaze to Ki no Uta is kind of sad, and I found out there was an anime too!

Likewise one of the saddest manga is Zankoku na Kami ga Shihai Suru (A Cruel God Reigns), I'm surprised it hasn't already been mentioned :o But that was really sad, and is still ongoing. That is number 1 on my saddest list together with Sakura Gari and Let Dai.

I'm a big fan of the sad stories, and I know I have read a lot more that was sad but gosh I have forgotten their names.. :(