Your favorite Type of Yaoi Story?

nicicia

So, what kind of yaoi story do you like best?

I think my favorite kind is about rivals, or best friends, who fall for each other, with a good spoonful of sexual tension. :D

I also like when one of the characters is oblivious of the other's feelings. It can either the seme or uke who's the clueless one. Doesn't matter as long as I find the story interesting. Dark pasts is great, adds some mystery.

I usually prefer the age of the characters to be between 16-25. I usually like it when seme and uke are the same age, or with only 1 or 2-3 years age difference. But sometimes I've found stories where a bigger age difference works really well, so I can like that too. :)

I like romantic and sweet sex scenes the best, but I don't mind the slightly more kinky stuff either, as long as the characters care about each other.

I like epic drama, but I try to stay away from tragic stories, though sometimes I'll check them out and see if I think it's good. Action is always welcome, as well as humor.

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah3161

• nicicia

• Ephemeral

Love-hate and/or master-servant type of relationships. Rivals is nice too.

Strong-willed characters with captivating personalities; stories with good character development; interesting and unpredictable plots.

I love to read a good comedy (that'll make me laugh so hard it'll hurt) just as much as a good dramatic tragedy. I like dark settings, be it Underworld related, or about Military and War, Yakuza...

Being a sadist, I am really into violent stories, gore, abuse. I also adore stories revolving around psychological issues, mind games and everything of that kind.

Reversible couples, seme/seme types, strong and badass ukes, equality in the relationship, incest: is LOVE.

I don't care about age differences or anything like that, it's all the same to me.

The ocasional fluff is fine but romantic lovey-dovey stuff is not my cup of tea. I prefer deep stories, traumatic pasts, intrigues... Then I love down-to-earth, slice-of-life and realistic stories very much as well. (:

• Like 3

I love all type of yaoi of course... :5yoyo34:

but I most say that I absolutely love when they are enemies in the beginning... when they start to realise their fellings is just priceless!! rabbit13

And I also love when one of them is just clueless... kawaii!! :D I feel sorry for the other though...

• Like 3

I love the master/servant relationships, teacher/student is also one of my faves, but I also like teacher/teacher or student/student too.

I like funny ones, and I love the cute ones, especially when one of them has no idea how the other feels and then the moment they finally realise, it's so cute.

I don't really care about age difference, although I maybe prefer if the seme is a bit older.

I definitely like when the seme is really forceful, and the uke is innocent :)

• Like 1

I love the master/servant relationships, teacher/student is also one of my faves, but I also like teacher/teacher or student/student too.

I like funny ones, and I love the cute ones, especially when one of them has no idea how the other feels and then the moment they finally realise, it's so cute.

I don't really care about age difference, although I maybe prefer if the seme is a bit older.

I definitely like when the seme is really forceful, and the uke is innocent :)

i really like all of them :D

• Like 1

I really love all type of YAOI, especially the love's tragedy story.. The most I like is ZETSUAI.. :leaf9:

But I like Winter Cicada and ViewFinder too.. leaf3

• Like 1

Usually I just enjoy a good storyline. Whatever the type of it's character doesn't bother me, as far as the story is good.

But I think I do have a thing for quarrelsome couples. Like Zoro/Sanji in One Piece xD, Usagi-sensei/Misaki in Jun-Roman, etc. Also I would like to say osananajimi couples are really adorable. I will never get tired of those sweet, heart-warming love stories. Even when the storylines are not that good. I only read tragic stories when the storylines are really good, though.

Well, I also found that -- *ossan seme/shonen uke (about 16-19)* is sweet, but *younger seme (about 18-25) /ossan uke* is EXTREMELY sweet. >/////

And I LOVE nonke seme / sasoi-tsundere (or sasoi-ojou) uke. Just like Nowaki and Hiroki. Well, Nowaki might not be a typical nonke seme (he's totally a wanko xD), but still, they made a really wonderful couple.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

i like when the Uke pushes the Seme down XD

now that i think abou it O_O ... i always wanted to know

why some Seme are against being a Uke even for a day ???

• Like 1

I have no particular preference when it comes to yaoi. If the summary sounds interesting, then I read it :)

Though I must say that I like a lot of drama and angst in yaoi onion0

I prefer happy endings, but I absolutely love it when the happy ending is received after a lot of drama and angst :D

Besides that, I'll read everything as long as it's interesting.

• Like 1

I love reading stories where the characters seem to be polar opposites at first but as the story progresses show how similar they actually are. I like relationships that start off as challenging. I am a big sucker for angst-ridden and passionate types. Since I am a writer, I play very close attention to dialogues especially with the choice of words, characterization, plots, timing and level of sustainable interest and relevance.

I notice that most of the stories that are unforgettable to me and keepers are those kind of stories where there is always a push and pull intensity to it. I do not like characters thrown in together just because they're cute and requited. I want them to fight for their love. I want them to earn the right to be together. Charity romances bore me to death.

I am particular with seme and uke roles but I do not define them by mere physical characteristics. My approach to seme and uke is a bit broader than the usual although when it comes to oyaji BL, I am partial to the old guy being the seme especially if the uke is still in his 20s or teens (legal, of course!).

• Like 1

I have a thing for Master/Slave relationships that become more loving over time. Bondage and servitude get the blood flowing in the morning.

I also have an unhealthy adoration of yaoi involving the yakuza or some other type of person who will try to hold someone down. The whole "love in turmoil" thing is something I find exciting and endearing.

And, of course, I like yaoi that inject some comedy into them. I love to laugh, so I hold a special place in my heart for all that is funny.

• Like 1

I like romantic stories about classmates or friends or colleagues at work.

I don't like violent stories with too much sex

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like The Master and servant relationship, Teacher/tutor and Student, Big Daddy and Son (^^v)

Also I do love the most a couple that have quite far age gap, where the Seme is the older one..

Putting on examples, it's Miyagi x Shinobu (Junjou Romantica), and Konoe x Kotoha (ZE) :leaf12:

• Like 1

I like when they are ignorent at the start and slowly becoming lovers .Or love froma first look but they are hiding eachother feelings .

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a fan of when the seme is prick, like Eiri Yuki, and the uke is kind of a ditz/spax, like Shuichi. I also like it when there's a bit of an age gap, like a teacher and a student. I love it when one of the characters pretends to not care about the other, but really does.

I also love it when the relationships are incredibly complex like in the manga "Vassalord". Complex relationships just seem more realistic to me than something that's straight forward/all of a sudden.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I love master and slave relationship the most. Then student council staff and hoodlum relationship. LASTLY, yakuza x yakuza or yakuza or police relationship .

• Like 1