QUOTES Station

K

. .if you feel like you want to express something but couldn't say it in simple words, then why don't you try expressing it through QUOTES :)

. .it's not always about how you feel at the moment but rather words that you might want others to learn about or make them feel better :) (enlightening) :cuteonion48:

. .from your own creation, quoted jokes, famous celebrities' quoted words, known people, movie lines, phrases from stories/poems/lyrics, character's dialogue, bible verses, scriptures, etc. (don't forget to mention from whom or what reference you get that)

. .you may explain your posted quotes (which is optional), but it would be better if you could :)

. .here's mine :)

" you are who you are for a reason

you're part of an intricate plan

you're a precious and perfect design

called God's special man and woman "

-from a poem(1st stanza) of Russell Kelfer

. .there were so many verses i've been read from a christian book, from the time i was asking my purpose(wandering), and really, it all answered me, this is just one of those (a poem inserted in the book) that could says it all

. .just DROP all your quotes here :D

• Like 2

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robertita

• BRIDGET

• K

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohohoh, I know the best dialogue ever... okay, it's almost a monologue looool, but still.

(And yes, I wrote it without looking it up)

LOTR - Tale of the Two Towers

Frodo: I can't do this Sam!

Sam: I know, Mr Frodo, it's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it were when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That mattered, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances to turn back, only they didn't. Because they were holding onto something.

Frodo: What are we holding onto Sam?!

Sam: That there's something good in this world, and it's worth fighting for!

• Like 4

Haha Nezu.

One of the best parts in the entire movies

Why I love Vampires so much (oh the angst).

If man were immortal he could be perfectly sure of seeing the day when everything in which he had trusted should betray his trust, and, in short, of coming eventually to hopeless misery.

He would break down, at last, as every good fortune, as every dynasty, as every civilization does.

In place of this we have death. ~Charles Sanders Peirce

• Like 1

chiakai yeah it's soo cute. Me and a friend acts it out xD Well, if we watch the movies together we quite often say the lines :3

"The only way to take away loneliness is to love it"

Song: Pageant - Moi dix Mois, Lyrics by Mana-sama

• Like 1

Mana is so right ^^ Clever man.

If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything else,

and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter much what else you have.

James M. Barrie

• Like 1

Anyone else? no? ok then.

Arrrgh I love this one.

Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.

• Like 4

Ah I'll continue...

This is just pure epicness from Bunraku and it's not really... well... meningful, but it's an epic scene.

Eddie: Yoshi, Yoshi, Yoshi. You're good but you won't beat me with a stick.

*Yoshi throws the stick through the window*

Yoshi: I'm giving you. One. Last. Chance.

*Eddie runs against Yoshi with sword held high*

*Yoshi kicks him down*

Another LOTR quote:

Frodo: You're late.

Gandalf: A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

• Like 3

Ohohoh, I know the best dialogue ever... okay, it's almost a monologue looool, but still.

(And yes, I wrote it without looking it up)

LOTR - Tale of the Two Towers

Frodo: I can't do this Sam!

Sam: I know, Mr Frodo, it's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr Frodo, the ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it were when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it'll shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That mattered, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances to turn back, only they didn't. Because they were holding onto something.

Frodo: What are we holding onto Sam?!

Sam: That there's something good in this world, and it's worth fighting for!

Lol, I bet you can't recite your chemistry soo well. hehehehe

• Like 1

Anyone else? no? ok then.

Arrrgh I love this one.

Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.

I love this one, it's so good. If I post here I won't be able to stop....

• Like 1

Lol, I bet you can't recite your chemistry soo well. hehehehe

Ikr :D I think if there was an exam on LOTR Nezu would ace it. And I wouldn't do to badly either XD

Well I'm a regular box of quotes today...

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."

Henry Van Dyke

Ahaha both you guys are right, i can't recite chemistry very well and I'm pretty good at LOTR ;)

“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

One LOTR quote that always makes me go awww - Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you!

Just by seeing "One LOTR quote that always makes me go awww" I immediatly thought of that scene :D Lovelovelove~~

here are some of my favs

“For women, the best aphrodisiacs are words. The G-spot is in the ears. He who looks for it below there is wasting his time.”

― Isabel Allende, Chilean writer from Of Love and Shadows

"We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."

Isabel Allende from Of Love and Shadows

"In this world, I'll always anm and will be on the poorer's side. 'll always support the poorer who don't own anything and even the peace of having anything is denied to them."

Federico García Lorca,Spanish poet

"I can't stand the weight of these walls over me once I've tasted his mouth. I'll be whatever he wants me to be. The village against me burning me with his fingers of fire, chased by all those (women)who consider themselves decent & I'll wear the thorn crown like all the mistresses of a married man.

Federico García Lorca, from The house of Bernarda Alba

" Life and dream are the masterpiece of a drunken god, who runs silently from the divine banquet, and goes to sleep to a desert star not knowing that what he dreams of, he creates it."

Heinrich Heine, German poet, from Travel Notebooks

As you can see from the pic, I've got tons...

2uqlsaf.jpg

• Like 1

I love that second one Unni! Reminds me of a song -

Ichiban daiji na shinzou wa sa

Ryoumune ni tsukete ageru kara ne

Iidesho ? Iidesho ?

Matamata boku wa onegaishitanda

Osore irimasu ga kono boku ni wa

Migigawa no shinzou wa iri masen

Wagamama bakari itte sumimasen

Boku ni taisetsu na hito ga dekite

Sotto dakishimeru toki hajimete

Futatsu no kodou ga chanto mune no

Ryougawa de naru no gawa karu you ni

Mini-traslation ~

I really do not need a heart on the right.

When I find someone to love,

And I hold them against me for the first time,

This will be the only time I could feel two hearts

Beat on each side.

And wow, thats a lot of quotes XD

I love that second one Unni! Reminds me of a song -

Ichiban daiji na shinzou wa sa

Ryoumune ni tsukete ageru kara ne

Iidesho ? Iidesho ?

Matamata boku wa onegaishitanda

Osore irimasu ga kono boku ni wa

Migigawa no shinzou wa iri masen

Wagamama bakari itte sumimasen

Boku ni taisetsu na hito ga dekite

Sotto dakishimeru toki hajimete

Futatsu no kodou ga chanto mune no

Ryougawa de naru no gawa karu you ni

Mini-traslation ~

I really do not need a heart on the right.

When I find someone to love,

And I hold them against me for the first time,

This will be the only time I could feel two hearts

Beat on each side.

And wow, thats a lot of quotes XD

Whose is the song?

The books is really amaizing.

All our knowledge begins with the senses, proceeds then to the understanding, and ends with reason. There is nothing higher than reason.

Immanuel Kant

• Like 1

Oh no, don't get me started on Kant :p

The song is Order Made by Radwimps. The little Japanese boys are so cute and the song is really pretty Cuteness

Oh no, don't get me started on Kant :p

The song is Order Made by Radwimps. The little Japanese boys are so cute and the song is really pretty Cuteness

Soo cute the kid in blue.... I want one... hehehehe

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.

Friedrich Nietzsche

• Like 1

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Very true, like the saying fight fire with fire

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives.

The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."

Dali Lama

• Like 1

(loneliness is better than a bad company)

(the dog who barks never bites) thats for the bullies

(life goes on) it keeps my chin up

• Like 1

"There's always someone stronger than you"

lol, where did I hear that... I wonder.......

A man, to be greatly good, must imagine intensely and comprehensively; he must put himself in the place of another and of many others; the pains and pleasures of his species must become his own.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

• Like 1

Very true, like the saying fight fire with fire

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives.

The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day."

Dali Lama

I like this one, it doesn't matter if you keep memories of someone if you haven't shared a minute of your life with them

In order to know virtue, we must first acquaint ourselves with vice.

Marquis de Sade

• Like 1