Lured by Olympus (18+)

virtualoo

Hades stood by and nodded in acknowledgment while the younger man instructed him on how to care for the plant. "The sun doesn't rise underground, so we don't have mornings. I'll still water it once a day though, if you ever forget to." He explained but planned to watch the smaller god take care of the plant before doing anything himself, afraid that he'd cripple the plant by cutting off too many leaves or make it rot with too much water.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• virtualoo

• ZX-MetalMonster

“You’re right..That makes sense” Persephone said, forgetting about the whole no sun thing for a second so that would work. “It is still filled with water from the mud so we don’t need to water it today but tomorrow we will” Persephone smiled up at him. “I am sure you will do just fine!” He smiled happily, sure the other would take care of the plan just fine with help.

-"At least I'll have you to stop me from making any mistakes." Hades pointed out and absentmindedly caressed the younger man's hand that still rested in his grasp. "I'd show you how to watch over the dead in return, but I don't think you'd like that... especially after what happened earlier."

Persephone didn’t pull away from the others carressimg, listening to Hades. “If ic an watch over them, Maybe I’d know what to do better? Or at least..know how to work with the dead?” Perry said quietly, not wanting that to ever happen to him again. And he needed to know how to watch over the dead if he was going to survive down here for any period of time.

-" I can't lend you my powers but you can learn where everything is in the underworld and if you stay at my side when i go out and speak to them, you'll start to understand them and you'll know who to avoid." Hades offered, thinking of the realm he ruled over as any other domain with areas that were safer than others and unwritten rules that the population followed. "Don't think I'll leave you on your own though." He added to make sure the younger man knows he'd always protect him.

“I’d rather know what to avoid and what to do rather than be clueless” Persephone nodded, wanting to feel like he was not going to die if he stepped outside the others home again. “Understood” Perry said to the other, not sure he wanted to be left alone down here. He couldn’t handle himself on his own down here..

His mention of the dangers that lurked in parts of the underworld seemed to make the younger man grim and Hades set out to fix that. He watched the other with a warm smile and started to speak of things he hoped they could both look forward to.

-"There are beautiful places even down here. I can take you to see springs and places where the river banks aren't just mud."

Persephones eyes seemed to light up at the mention of beautiful places and springs. “Oh I’d like that very much!” He said with an even bigger smile on his face. “You have to take me sometime soon!” He laughed, feeling happier to know there were such places down here.

-"Any time you like." Hades was pleased to see the younger man back to his bright self but also felt silly, aware that he'd smiled more in one day than he had in hundreds of years. The other god was what he'd hoped for, a piece of the surface word that could keep him happy with it's warmth and life even now that he was back in the dark depths of the earth. "You should rest too though, unless you had enough sleep while i was away?"

“I guess I could go for more rest..It’s been a long day” Persephone said with a laugh, pulling on the others hand. “Let’s goooo” He smiled, trying to lead the way back to his bedroom. He was actually feeling really good inside and having some fun.

Hades was taken aback when the other man decided to bring him along having expected him to isolate himself in his room like he had before. He didn't resist though and followed close behind the younger god, wondering if he should've offered they stay and rest in his own room as they had already been steps away from the bed.

“Hey I know this sounds ridiculous and not befitting of a god, even a young one like I am..” Persephone said as he twiddled his fingers around. “But could you read to me..? Or maybe make up one..I don’t know it’s silly forget about it” Persephone said embarrassed as he crawled into his bed. He was asking the god of death to read him a bedtime story..was he crazy?

Hades gave the younger man a puzzled look but a story was easy enough to come by for someone who'd listened to countless souls recall their time on the surface. He sat down beside the other god and unthinkingly brushed a hand through his hair. "What sort of story do you want to hear?"

“You’ll..actually read to me..?” Persephone said, not expecting the god to humor him much less agree and not laugh at his request. He didn’t even mind the hand that went through his hair, smiling up at him. “I want a story with a happy ending..” He said with a big smile, getting comfortable in the bed.

There were many stories in the tomes that covered a wall of Hades' room but he remembered them by heart and knew that most didn't have happy endings. In stead of leaving the younger god and going to collect one of the old books, he fabricated a story for him from some of the happier lives he could remember hearing about. The tale was still bittersweet and told of hardship but where the true story ended in tragedy Hades made up a happier ending and hoped it satisfied the younger man.

Persephone loved the story, full of action and bitterness but it still turned out happy in the end. “Thank you Hades..I loved it” Perry smiled, looking rather sleepy. He ended up falling asleep shortly after, a smile on his face. He really felt more comfortable and at ease here..He had a sense of peace and this happiness he could not describe.

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

Hades didn't want to leave the younger man yet even though he was asleep. For a long while he staid seated on the bed, watching the other with a slight smile, but it didn't take long before Hades started to notice how tired he was himself. Careful not to wake the smaller god up he moved down on the large mattress, assuring himself he would stay by Persephone for just a moment longer before going to his own room. There was more than enough space for the both of them, the room was pleasantly quiet and without meaning to, Hades soon drifted off.

Persephone had another one of his flower meadow dreams, but this time the figure was holding his hand seems to be saying something. He couldn’t hear what it said but it seemed to be telling him something. He soon drifted off, unable to focus on the dream. Perry woke up, feeling unusually warm, not wanting to open his eyes and snuggled into the warmth, which was Hades Chest.

Hades almost never dreamed and now was no exception, however he resisted being taken out of the comfortable empty darkness of sleep when the younger man pressed against him. The touch didn't alarm him, in the back of his mind he knew where he was and who had leaned into him, so he shifted slightly under the other gods small weight and continued to sleep.

Persephone finally woke up some time later, his eyes slowly opening iinto what was this bundle of fabric in his face. What..? Perry thought as he reached out to touch it. Warm..He thought as he felt he shirt fabric with skin just underneath it. Perry suddenly remembered what had happened the night before and just who he was snuggled up against. His face turned a very bright Rose red that he just cuddled up and fell asleep next to Hades.

Hades was used to taking naps and sleeping more than necessary, he wouldn't wake up on his own but shifted again when the younger man placed a hand on him. He muttered something incoherent and his long black hair covered his face as he turned his head to the side.

Persephone finally managed to calm down from the surprise he had woken up to, still rather surprised even if he wasn’t blushing like a mad man. “H-Hades..? Time to get up..” He said quietly, lightly tapping the others shoulder. He didn’t want to shake him awake if he don’t have to, not sure how he would react to being woken up.

Unlike the previous touches, Hades couldn't ignore the light pat on his shoulder and the younger man's voice calling him awake. He opened his eyes and lazily looked for the pink haired god, in no hurry to get up. It surprised him too to find Persephone so close but he quickly remembered where he'd fallen asleep and a soft smile appeared on his lips. The other man didn't seem angry which perhaps meant he liked how close they'd been.

-"Hello." Hades greeted the younger man just before he yawned and stretched, folding his arms under his head at the end. "Slept well?"

"Yeah..Sorry I fell asleep nuzzled against you...It was nice" Persephone said with a shy smile and blush. He stretched out his limbs, rubbing his tired eyes. He tried to flatten out his hair, strands sticking out all over the place.

Hades watched the younger man with an amused smile, both thinking how silly his hair was and overjoyed to see him flustered and hear him admit he liked being so close while they slept. "I can always keep you company while you sleep... if you don't like to be alone?" He offered carefully, almost reluctant to be so forward.