Living with My Shadow (Lone x Wolf)

WolfDog12

Asher awoke some time in the middle of the night from the foreign feeling of having someone cuddled up against him, but it was actually really nice... Since Shadow wasn't usually like this he was almost afraid to even react. What if the other didn't realize what he was doing and as soon as he did turned back into a cat and scratched the fuck out of him for revenge or somethin?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• LoneDigger

Shadow didn't seem to move, just laid there, cuddling close to Asher. He seemed to enjoy the warmth coming off the human as he didn't really give off much heat himself. He wasn't cold but not warm either... it was a bit odd. He just slept on, pressed into Asher's chest until about morning when he rolled onto his back some, arm sprawled out across the bed. One arm though, was still pressed between the two as he remained very close to the human.

Asher awoke the next morning with a little stretch, he felt a soft weight on his chest.... Shadow's arm? He carefully sat up and put the other's arm back by his side with a smile.

"Morning... Oh, he's still sleeping, better not disturb him..."

The man whispered to himself as he carefully flung his legs over the side of the bed to let his pet sleep in while he got ready for the day and made breakfast.

Shadow woke up the moment Asher sat up but he continued to pretend to sleep. He kept his eyes shut until Asher left the room and slightly opened his eyes, looking towards the door. It was a bit odd, the human didn't seem to care or react to Shadow being in human form. He did find it odd to be in human form but he was always changing so it wasn't too big of a deal to him.

He focused and could hear Asher quietly trying to get breakfast ready so Shadow didn't mind closing his eyes and going right back to sleep. He was going to test just how long he could stay in this form before Asher got upset with him again for doing so. It was clear that the human didn't like this form so he might just ask Shadow to change forms immediately.

Asher was making scrambled eggs, bacon, toast... He wasn't sure if Shadow liked those, but most everyone liked bacon at least so he was hoping on that one.

Even he in a weird way was getting used to his pet changing on him, he'd seen him as so many different things a human was least worrying then the snake for example, but he liked the cat the best because that's how he first knew him.

Shadow rested for a while before waking again to the smell of the food. He was getting hungry again and finally started to get out of bed, stretching and heading towards the kitchen. Shadow walked in with a yawn. "That food looks really good," He said and looked over Asher's shoulder at the food. He was so ready to reach over and just take a piece of bacon right off the pan and eat it but thankfully he settled with just leaning his chin on Asher's shoulder.

Asher didn't hear the other coming up behind him, and he flinched slightly when his breath blew against his neck. But then smiled.

"Mhm... Try some. Good?"

He had handed the other a broken off piece of bacon, not before taking it out of the pan and letting it cool for a moment before giving it to Shadow. He brought the other half to his own lips, crunching into it. He just loved bacon... any kind of breakfast food really. Breakfast should be at every meal if he could decide.

Shadow lazily opened his mouth to be fed and when he was, he downed the piece of bacon. "It's good." He said. It was probably a weird feeling having someone talk on your shoulder. Shadow reached towards the pan trying to just steal another piece without care of it being hot or not. He liked pain so who cared? Still, it wouldn't seem Asher was just going to let him do that.

"But I really want it... Looks really good," he said reaching for the bacon again.

"Ah- No no..."

Asher scolded Shadow softly, yet firmly as he pulled the other's hand away from the pan.

"It's not all done, if you want more you could always... I don't know... Help the set the table?"

The man smiled, it was worth a try. Better to ask that of another man, then a cat at the very least.

"Set the table? Humans do that?" he asked. Shadow groaned and walked over to the table. "It's already set... Unless you want it set at some odd angle," He said and began to just move the table around. "This is dumb. Why are humans like this?" He asked as he started trying to set the table up at a 45 degree angle.

"Can't I just have the food?" He looked back with a pouting face. Though, that was where Asher could see, a stitch had come off his neck and it was starting to bleed into his shirt already.

"What do you mean-- Shadow!!! What are you even doing?"

Asher wasn't really able to watch since he was just finishing the bacon and eggs, not to mention the toast was done and needed buttered. All he could hear was the sound of the table legs scrapping against the floor.

"Set the table means like... silverware. You know, plates and forks..."

He put all the stuff onto plates to show the other what he meant and set them down at the table. He then got the dining plates, silverware, and napkins.

"You can... But your neck is bleeding, are you good?"

He didn't mean to stare, but it was a bit... strange.

"I'll take a look at it after we eat."

"Really? What a dumb thing to call it," he said placing the table back in the up right position and watching Asher put things on plates and place them on the table. He stood back and just watched not minding anything that had to do with the fact that he was bleeding.

"I'm fine, just ignore it. It doesn't hurt or anything, he said though as he did, he started to scratch near the area and popped another stitching. It didn't start bleeding too much faster but it didn't look good the way things were going.

Shadow sat down and began to dig into the food. He was using the silverware so it wasn't like he didn't know what they were and just downed his plate. "This is good," he said between mouthfuls.

"Don't play with it..."

Ashe scolded again, shaking his head slightly. Shadow should know better, but then... maybe he really didn't.

"No, I'm looking at it anyway. I don't need your entire head falling off because I neglected to take care of it."

He stated, it was hardly a conversation to be having at the table, and he mentally had to correct himself for it. But when you dining partner is a demonic cat thing well... It was to be expected.

"My head won't fall off. I merely slit my throat, I didn't try to decapitate myself," He stated flatly. Shadow finally admitted that he was the one that inflicted the wound as he continued to eat. As soon as he finished his plate, The demon held the plate towards Asher.

"Can I have seconds?" He asked. The fact that he asked and didn't demand seconds was an improvement even though he hadn't talked much in his cat form. It was still pretty clear what was being said.

Asher was silent, letting that new piece of information sink into his brain for a moment. Now was not the time to talk about it or ask questions, so he merely nodded his head in acknowledgement of what had been said.

Then when his companion head out his plate and actually asked nicely for more, that was almost even more shocking the the first thing being said.

"Of course you may..."

He smiled, taking the plate from Shadow and filling it back up again with the scrambled eggs, toast, and most of the all the bacon since he knew he liked that best before handing it back.

"Don't humans cook potatoes a bunch of different ways for breakfast as well?" Shadow asked as he grabbed the toast and chomped down on it before stuffing it in his mouth and eating it. He downed the eggs next before stuffing his mouth full of bacon and slowing down just a bit to actually chew his food.

"I'm surprised you even care what's going on with my human form. You've seen it doesn't carry over so I can just change forms and you don't have to look at the problem," he stated flatly though his mouth was full so it sounded rather strange.

"That's right... I should have made hash browns as well. Those are pretty good, you can add stuff as well to make them more interesting. I didn't know cats liked potatoes."

He smiled, but then the other said something and he just shook his head in misunderstanding.

"... I can't hear a word you just said. Chew first, then talk."

"I'm not a cat," he barked nearly spitting the bacon out everywhere. He finished eating and thought about more but was alright. He'd gone into a food coma once and it did not end well for him. Shadow put the plate down and licked his lips in satisfaction. "That was very good," he stated looking back at Asher.

"Hey, is there anything else to do around here? It's boring just watching TV. Don't you have someone you want to tease and torment? I can haunt them and make them think they are crazy or something," He stated.

"I forgot..."

Asher rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, he never knew what to say it seemed. He wasn't really good with people, or demons apparently. Just plain old animals that seemed too oblivious to realize how much of a fuck up he was like everyone else.

"I have to clean up, you can entertain yourself... I can't even think of anyone... Just... don't cause trouble."

The man sighed, as he picked up the plates and carried them over to the sink, running the water and soap and taking a purposely long time to clean them.

Shadow didn't really care that much. He just got up and disappeared to the bathroom for a bit, picking the stitches out of his neck. They were starting to bug him so he just pulled each one out, only slightly flinching to the pain before turning away. Maybe there was something funny he could watch... Though Asher didn't seem to like it when Shadow watched scary movies or anything... He didn't care.

He headed back into the living room and turned the TV on, looking for anything that would be considered entertaining and terrifying.

Once Asher finished up, he walked into the living room, just kind of leaning in the entryway and watching the demon, and then glancing at the tv, and back again.

"... Shadow? I still would like to see your neck."

He found the stitches pulled out in the bathroom and now he was a bit worried, was it even healed enough?

The way Shadow turned his head, the blood pouring down his neck said that it wasn't healed... or healing at all. "I don't need it but thanks," he said before turning back to the TV without caring. Of course, as soon as Asher tried to check Shadow's throat again, the demon turned back into a cat. Shadow's neck wasn't bleeding in this form and didn't even have the cut so it was rather odd and hard to tell if he could still bleed out in this form.

The feline moved over a seat to be able to see the TV again, continuing his ignoring of Asher. Shadow didn't care if anyone helped deal with the throat he cut open himself.

Asher sat down next to him to get a better look at his wounds, Shadow was not making things easy though. And when the other changed and he was fine it just confused the man more. He scooped up the feline protectively and cuddled him in his arms.

"Poor Shads... You won't tell me... But just don't let yourself get hurt like that again."

Having a pet that was into self harming was very upsetting. Asher was trying to stay calm though, he needed to set a good example after all. Maybe no one had ever bothered to do that for the demon until now.

Shadow was honestly confused by this human... Why did he care so much? He didn't even like the demon's human form... Not at all so why was he worrying about a wound that didn't show on his cat form? The pity and the genuine protectiveness he was getting from Asher was nauseating, but at the same time was sweet... too sweet. The cat rolled his eyes... if that was possible given they were solid colors... and changed back to his human form, laying his head on the armrest with his head back so Asher had a perfect view of the open cut.

"Just this once," he complained. "I don't really like being fussed over... and I don't care about getting hurt or trying to kill myself so do what you will and I'll go back to being a cat," He said. It was weird as he was now laying on his back across Asher but didn't seem to mind. Shadow was a cat at heart.