Living with My Shadow (Lone x Wolf)

WolfDog12

Asher barely even flinched when the object hit him, holding his head in shame and not even scolding the other this time because he completely deserved that.

Why was he scared to have sex with the demon? Because he was just as inexperienced and confused as Shadow was when it came to it?

He just stood there, feeling completely cold as if he were frozen in his place before he forced himself to move and find the other.

"Shadow...? I'm sorry... I didn't know what to do, I just wanted... I don't know..."

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WolfDog12

• LoneDigger

Shadow remained in his hiding spot beneath the dresser as a tiny spider, hidden in the shadow and completely invisible from what was around him. Even flashing a light under the dresser wouldn't really be of any help in finding the tiny creature. He was really well tucked away and that was how he was going to be. He remained in that form, exactly where he was, not even appearing for food, and just waited.

He hoped that Asher would think he'd left the house again through an open window or something.

Asher sighed and sat down on the edge of his bed and buried his face in his hands. He always managed to screw things up. But this time it was all his fault for treating Shadow like that... no dignity.

3 days later, Shadow finally moved for the first time, and crawled out from under the dresser. He made sure Asher had left the room before he did so, and found himself in a much better condition. The demon turned into a cat again and left the room, wishing to stay out of there for as long as he could and was looking for some food now. He hadn't had anything in over a week and was famished.

The feline hopped onto the counter and aimed for the fridge hoping not to be caught right away but not really caring if he was. His heat had come and gone and he was actually feeling pretty good now, and his emotions seemed to no longer be bubbling out. It was now like he didn't care about anything and was back to his trickster ways.

Yet Shadow need not even look inside the fridge, because there was already some food out and set up on the table. Whether this meal was planned for the cat or just for Asher since he hadn't even seen his pet in almost a week seemed to be the mystery, but the answer was screaming clear. Raid it all!

Shadow licked his lips and jumped to the table without a sound and began tearing into the food. He was fast and quiet as he ate, eating everything that he thought was good. Sure, there may have been some drug in the food but what Asher didn't know was that drugs, at least most made by humans, didn't affect him so he easily devoured the meal and sighed a breath of relief when he finished.

The feline was still just as thin as a week ago but now he had a bit of a round belly from the food stuffed down his gullet. That would go away soon. He sat on the table just loving the food.

"Hey...!!! That was mine!!!"

Someone shouted, but it wasn't Asher's voice. In fact it wasn't even said in English. And before Shadow even knew what hit him, a large scruffy dog suddenly pinned the cat down between his front paws with a growl.

Shadow was completely shocked by what was happening. He was pinned?! By a dog?! Hell no!!! Shadow pulled his back paws up and let them transform first into a really powerful kick from a tiger before flipping over onto his legs and letting out a terrifying roar. He then focused on the Dog wondering what the hell it was and why its "Food" would be set up on the table in such a way.

Despite the thin look to him. Shadow's tiger form still looked like it could take someone down and eat them for lunch. Amazingly, this thin form was healthy for him and the perfect strength. He prepared to change forms into something stronger or bigger, or even more terrifying if need be.

The dog yelped, tucking it's tail with a growl as he ran off to go find help and warn Asher about the... little problem in the kitchen.

"TIGER! TIGER! TIGER!!!"

He sounded the alarm by barking obnoxiously, and running circles around the human as if trying to herd him to safety.

"He ATE MY I mean YOUR DINNER! I saw it!!!"

Now he understood. This "Dog" was just that... A dog and it was his food if it hit the ground. Or if he jumped on the table and stole it as well. Remaining in Tiger form, Shadow walked forward to face Asher, narrowing those different colored eyes at the other and expecting an answer for what was going on. This dog better be a temporary resident other wise, Shadow was really going to resent this human and haunt him until he lost it before moving on.

The cold, strength of the tiger, along with the silent serenity was a really terrifying and off putting feeling. He was so calm and back to himself but at any second he could tear both Asher and his new pet to pieces.

When the tiger caught up with them the dog showed it's true colors by hiding between Asher's legs, shaking.

"You better not come any closer...! He's trained to kill on command!"

The dog lied, acting like he was Asher's owner or something crazy. But the human didn't seem scared so the canine trusted him to fight off the danger.

"Stop barking..."

Asher grabbed the dog's snout and held it shut gently with his hand while facing the tiger calmly, though when he stared into Shadow's wild eyes he did suddenly feel a grip of cold fear.

"Shadow...? I though you were gone..."

Shadow continued to narrow his eyes, still waiting for that explanation. As, his excuse for having a dog in here was not enough. The demon shot the dog a icy glare before Shadow managed to change his vocal cords. In doing so, that strange wound across his human throat appeared across that of the tiger and he opened his mouth as words came out without him moving his mouth to the words. It was really odd.

"So, Why bring a dog here? Did you give up on your desire to have a cat? Did you really enjoy messing with me then replacing me with that slobbering mutt?" He closed his mouth to indicate he was done and the wound flickered in and out as if Shadow struggled to hold the two forms together. He really learned how to do this during this heat when he was uncontrollably changing between forms.

"I didn't bring him here. I'm more of a cat person if you hadn't noticed... but this fellow just appeared in the yard one night going through the trash. I tried to tell him to get lost because I was done with the whole pet thing, but then he gave me a kiss! It was disgusting because of what he just ate, but he was so sweet!"

The dog wagged his tail proudly at the renouncement of how they met. His mouth was still held shut though so he couldn't brag.

"... And I thought you ran away so he could stay the night since the shelter wasn't open until morning, but he kind of made himself at home here and the rest is history."

"I see...." The voice vanished for a moment as the tiger tried to regain his composure and transform a bit again. "Well then, I guess you really don't need me. I've been in your room trying not to burden you farther with my heat but as I guessed, you cannot handle a demon. Goodbye Asher. Thanks for the name. I haven't had one in a long time."

And with that, Shadow changed again into a smaller cat and jumped to the windowsill then crept out the open window and jumped down into the back yard padding off. He didn't really want to hear anything more and his desire to haunt the human was gone so leaving seemed like a good choice. He was never cut out for home life just as much as Asher wasn't cut out to raise and care for a demon. At least not one as wild as Shadow.

• 3 weeks later...

"Shadow... Shadow... Wake up..."

Asher murmured as he carefully scooped the sleeping feline off of the table and gently scratched underneath his chin and tickled his belly a bit. The black fur was just so soft underneath his fingertips and he was so relived that his kitty was okay.

"Sleepy head~ What did you think you were doing? I was so worried..."

The feline found himself opening his eyes slowly to an odd voice calling out to him. He blinked as his eyes focused on the human, narrowing a bit in confusion but givin Goff a bit of a purr as he was scratched. His fur was made out of an odd ghostly material making it feel even softer than normal cat fur.

As if something suddenly came into his head, Shadow perked up and looked around, jumping from Asher's arms and whipping around back and forth until he found the house was dog free. His ears lowered and he looked confused but relieved. With a light jump, Shadow changed to his true form, floating around his owner's head.

"I had a nightmare you got a dog.... please dont ever do that...." he said in that ghostly, distant voice before changing back to cat form, landing on Asher's shoulders and rubbing against the side of his head before looking to be held and carried. This was the more affectionate he'd been.

Asher cradled Shadow in his arms, burying his face against the cat's neck, feeling how soft his fur was against his face as he breathed softly, as if making sure this was really him. Of course it was, Shadow was his and he wasn't going to disappear.

He gently rubbed the feline's cheek, admiring his eyes which reminded him of gems.

"You're so handsome..."

Shadow purred again and let himself be held. He was rather comfortable and happy the way he was. The feline hated the idea of Asher getting another pet just because he disappeared for a week and now, he was gripping the other as much as he could, purring and tail swaying happily. He wasn't the affectionate type but after the nightmare he just had, he needed this attention. Those odd glowing eyes were half closed with happiness as shadow nuzzled in more.

"I don't think I've ever heard you purr like this before..."

Asher smiled, almost getting emotional over the fact, but he managed to keep it together as he walked into the living room to sit down on the couch, letting Shadow rest on his lap while he petted and fussed over the feline.

Shadow let out a growl of disapproval but then continued to just be. He didn't care that much but he didn't like being nice either. As they walked towards the couch, Shadow remembered what caused him to hide the whole time in the first place and he bit Asher's neck before changing to his true form and zipping off and returning a short time later with the toy Asher had used. "No more of this," he announced before spitting it out the window. It just sat in the back yard 2 feet from the house but it made a point and the demon returned to Asher's lap in cat form and curled up to nap. He didn't sleep the past week either really so he was tired.

Huh... too bad about that. It was bigger than he was, but Shadow didn't like that so he just accepted it. Hopefully the neighbors couldn't see into his yard or that would be an awkward conversation. Hey, you dropped your--

His thoughts stopped when he felt Shadow crawl back onto his lap and he scratched underneath the feline's chin as his pet dozed off. He didn't move or get up so that he could sleep peacefully.

Shadow ended up sleeping for nearly four straight hours, waking up on his back again sprawled out across Asher's lap still. He blinked and yawned but was hungry again. Damn... He hadn't done much and yet, here he was looking for food again. Shadow got up, stretched, scratched at Asher's legs some and then he jumped to the side and yawned at him before looking towards the kitchen. The human was also probably cramped and probably hungry since Shadow ate all his food earlier.

Asher may have dozed off a bit himself during the time, and when the feline finally awoke his legs felt stiff and he wasn't able to rise right away as he stretched a bit before getting up and following Shadow into the kitchen to get them both a snack.

Shadow lead the way and leaped onto the counter with one graceful jump and sat near the fridge waiting and watching Asher move about the kitchen to feed them. Hopefully Asher would give him something really yummy!!! The feline's tail twitched and shifted with anticipation as he waited to see what the other would grab out for them.

There wasn't much since he didn't have time to go shopping yet to restock. But there was a tub of ice cream crammed in the back and he pulled it out. He didn't think Shadow should have too much so he only gave him a small spoon full. But he needed to find something proper for him to eat. Maybe there was some tinned tuna in the pantry he had forgotten about...