A Time to Rise by Tal Bauer [Book Club September 2018]

Racheal

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.

that sounds ominous i don't like it [cries]

hahaa i'm doing this fangirling/fanboy thing totally in the wrong way LOL

okay, so it's complicated...

bc it's contradict w his job? maybe?

also, LAST CHAPTER?? what the fish LOL

ps: is this a romance book or not?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• voide

• bondingboys

• lama007

• Racheal

, it's really complicated, but not because of what under your spoiler. It's . . . oh!

Have you read Alain's intimate dreams? He showed up a lot there, at first but then poof! He was replaced by the Love Interest character, Alain finally moved on.

writing some random words here yadda yadda lol anything i wanna say is under this spoiler

oh, so wet dreams huh? hehee okay. i understand. it's natural i guess for boys/men to have such dreams (talking from experiences LOLs we can't control that. but yeah if that what it is, i think i'm okay. i'm talking like real love rival. like Alain has 2 or more love interest which made him confuse/conflicting to choose which one. it's totally different from an open relationship. bc in my opinion, when a character is in an open relationship, that means he wasn't invested & committed (carefree) to one particular person. love rivals to me was like 1 person having deep connection to multiple person & that made his choices harder. in between two i choose an open relationship more. it less hurting to know the final decision unlike love rivals. yeah that was what i thought :D

Before he met this Love Interest character, Alain still wanted Him, still desired Him, but Alain didn't show it, didn't tell anyone (even readers), but only from this intimate dreams we would see how Alain even after these years trying to "erase" Him, Alain still harbored a yearning "If Only" but what had happened in their past couldn't be rewritten, so Alain only could hide this feeling how he would always, ALWAYS LOVE Him. There was also regret and guilt from Alain's part. Like, Voide, how do you feel when the one you love so much in front of you doesn't acknowledge your love at all? If it was me, fuck it, I will just get away from this person, nothing could have been done, it would hurt less if I didn't always see him.

But Alain? Dammit, Alain couldn't go away from Him!

He was right there, but Alain couldn't reach His heart, didn't want to risk the worst, that's why Alain could only hide this, this miserable feeling of past love.

That's why Alain worked harder for the night job.

But then the Love Interest came, and Alain felt . . . something that might heal his "broken heart".

So. It's one of two reasons why I said it was complicated. (The other reason, major spoiler, Voide will find it in the end~)

"Love Rival" is like what you said, Voide, I completely agree.

But for this book, in Alain's case, Alain still kept the love and feelings for Him deep, deep down, but then he was also attracted to the Love Interest and started to grow a new love.

It's really Tal Bauer's style for their MCs to have this kind of conflict and miserable love hhhh

it's fun to read & know our POV on this matters :D

i think i can handle the unrequited love. bc the author promised something else for him. yeah, it must be hurt but this is good. at least the MC got a little comfort out of someone else. not suffering alone

i'm looking forward to it! thanks, buddy for sharing a little snippet!

, what flashback? I don't remember if there's any??? AAA I need to reread this book ASAP lol

But, surely, Voide would cry when finding out the reason why and the "hidden words". This, I remember I freaking cried because of this "hidden words". Really unexpected . . .

Also, Voide, it's not my intention to give you the little snippets? Those points under my spoiler are just my thoughts aaaa orz

I just wanted to tease you a bit, but then I end up almost spoiling you more of the story!! (>

LOL i deleted the 'flashback' comments. bc i mislook what you said. after i read it back, i get it hehee...

yeah, you should read it again. 'reliving' the pain LOL

i'm that good in 'seducing' people to spoil me the secret/story/plotline ;D

, aaah relive this pain, huh. And thinking again how He who had finally come to his-- uhhh, spoiler again. But what I mean is,

it would be an unrequited love for Him in the end of book. I-- well, pitied Him; it was not His choice to be that way with Alain and then to see Alain moved on . . .

aaaargh I hope He got his story in the next book!

Although before The Revelation, I thought He was ace/demi, but damn I had gotten excited for nothing )=

Hehe, that's right! Voide is really good, spoiler-seducer~ XD

whoa more snippets? i approve :D i think i've read enough to make some guess. under spoiler

was the love interest: cristoph? my reason: bc you said the love interest pop out (something like that)

Him: luca? LOL idk i guess from their interaction. plus alain said luca was his friend in school/college

& you're right again. i was rooting for another person. i was hoping lotario to be the love interest. bc dang it. i loved his personality. i liked my men messy & worst like that LOL

so, did i guess any of this right? ;D

ps: racheal also said, it was obvious. so i made an obvious guesses uwu

lol the awesome skills of

to get so many spoilers from

haha you would be an awesome spy or detective xD

great! happy reading :)

hehe glad we have got you more curious to read it sooner xD

uhhh well, to keep you still interested and curious with the book and continue reading the chapters until the last line, I can't answer your guess about Him with "yes" or "no". . . Sorry!

(>

But I agree with

here, you have an awesome skill, Voide! I bet you are that type of reader who can guess who the culprit was in any mystery/murder story after only at 30/50% mark of the book, right? Really awesome!!

i am INTERESTED. that's why i'm actively guessing LOL okay okay. last clue. i gave 3 names there, how many were true? :D

i beg to differ. i am more like a 'seducer' like bondingboys said :p if you need someone who can seduce someone else to spill secrets in your squad hmu hehe

Alright, out of 3 names, you guess two right,

~ and I'm glad you're still interested despite our discussion! =D

So where are you now in this book, Voide? Still in the beginning or almost halfway through the story?

I think I will read it on weekend, then! That's when I'm free from any distraction~

i guess 2 right??! heck yess. i'm only 12% into the story btw :D

i liked the writing style. to be honest the vatican arc storyline always confused the hell out of me.

but i got a little advantages for not always googling what is what bc i watched all dan brown's movie (the da vinci code & angels/demons). so i got a pictured how the swiss guard's attire almost looks like in my head.

ps: you didn't comment my thought on lotario.. now i'm intrigued ;D

, I needed to google the guards first because I only read Dan Brown's books years and years ago! lol

And about Father Lotario, heheheh I want you to get more intrigued, Voide. He was an interesting character for sure! ;)

aww i was really hoping for enemies of state to get chosen, but it seem this will be my first tal bauer's novel instead!

at least here the vampire seem different from the recent...assault, that the sparkling guys brought on (seriously how can you like sparkling vampire?)

i mean i do like vamp, a lot too, but it all depend on how the author spin theyr tale and character.

hope i will like the book and to chat soon! XD

ps. someone talked about recommendation and we are in a vampire theme so i NEED to name this one! "the beacon hill sorcerers" if you don't know it then read it! it is good! ;)

haha consider yourself already recruited in my squad Master seducer~

but I think

is right that you are also awesome at guessing so perhaps Master detective seducer?? xD

Haha so i read this book without breaks....damnit

Reading Ailan's story i remember from another series a prophecy "a love lost to fate worse than death" atleast from Ailan's view...nope nope from his view too."only for you"...dammmmmmm it

I am bit angry at Ailan but also understand it.... I am incoherent

Waiting for third week.....

I have read vampires to be good/bad depends what they chose to be and i think i wanted one to be read with them as bad like evil bad guys....i guess that wish is partly granted....

! Great! You finished this! \(^ ^)/

(I haven't even start with the rereading, haha!)

And aaah, nope, there's no 2nd book yet. But surely Tal Bauer will write the following books! It's listed as the 1st book of a series after all~ =D

I didn't expect the ending

Please don't read this if you don't want any spoilers.

I know there is something about Luca but I thought he was a brother or someone close to Alain ex lover. Because Alain seems to care about Luca but try to distance himself, and he can't said his ex lover name but he can say Luca. I thought the lone vampire was the ex lover.

, I still remember

that particular ending and the Reveal!!! That really fucked me up! Those keywords to unlock--? Got me in tears! Why did it hurt??? I didn't even "ship" them that first time reading!!! Aaaargh!!!!

And also??? I felt it had deceived me??? I thought he was ace/demi since he seemed not interested to date/sex, but aaaargh he had been actually that special person for the main character!?? I got excited for nothing! No ace/demi reps! No one!! (Except, maaaaybe Father Lotario? But was he celibate instead?)

Yes, OMG that was so pain full!

At that moment I don't know who I should support.

I'm happy he chose Chris but it's seem unfair to Luca.

Well, I don't think he is one from beginning, I mean from all those dreams he had from the start. It's really show he interested in sex only surprised its a different person.

I agree, there is something about Father Lotario

Nooo. I meant

Luca. I had though Luca was ace/demi, I've never guessed who was Alain dreaming intimately before replaced by Chris . . . I though Alain's past lover had been passed away, KIA by the dark creatures or just went away from Vatican. Sorry, for getting vague before but I just wanted it not spoiler-y much before week 3, haha . . .