Yaoi Novels vs Manga - WWhich Do You Prefer?

현애

I like yaoi manga but it has been awhile since I read any English translated yaoi novel. It's okay I guess, but I'm prefer m/m novel over yaoi manga unless someone can convince me on a recommendation of a good yaoi novel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah3161

• mangamaani

• DemonKittenz

• yakuma

I like manga for the graphic images that plays in your mind while reading it. While, our creative imagination pictures every details, scene and emotion portrayed in every word that we've read in a novel, is kinda exciting to me. Also, emotions were easily portrayed in mm novels. I don't like to choose, I just love reading mm novels and manga as long as the stories were interesting to me. I want novels or manga who have balance. There were some that concentrates on the sex but doesn't built up the story to make reading enjoyable and meaningful. Sex is important on the plot for it conveys how they love and want each other but it is too much if it becomes the center of the story....heheh i'm saying too much when there's nothing to argue about.....heheh...In short I like reading manga and mm novels.....:hamtaro-005 (9):

• 3 weeks later...

MANGA. The funny thing is I don't read novels anymore since I always get lost in the lines. The novels caused me some problems in my eyes, so much squinting.

Manga, because I can read a BL manga without understanding the language for the art, which is not possible in a novel, because there are mostly words and few pictures(and I don't know Japanese well enough to read them). In English translated manga and novels, there may be translation errors or I may just not like the way it is translated, such as the wording. This ruins the experience of the novel but with manga, at least I have the pictures. Also in novels, I get confused on which is the character's first name and which is the last. I'm used to family name then given name, and sometimes it's not obvious which is which because it can be both or something.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't pick one or the other. They're both awesome.

manga- you get to see what they want you to see and plus you get to see pictures and what not

Novel - you get to imagine and see what you want to see

Novels!

1) I can get away with reading it in public (for the most part)

2) Details 8)

But, I do like being able to see it as well...hahah

I have to say...

I love novels even though I prefer manga over novel because it haves beautiful artwork but when it comes down to reading the story. I have to say Novel is the way. I love reading the description and visualizing it.

I prefer mangas, although, if I really like the series, I try to get my hands on the novels because I love the extra storylines and having an excuse to admire my favorite characters again