Yaoi Novels vs Manga - WWhich Do You Prefer?

현애

I have to admit, I like manga better than yaoi novels.

Maybe that has something to do with why I like to read manga than Novels.I like to see the drawing manga than novels....and it's make me understand the plot of story...

so guys share with me ,Which do you Prefer?

• Like 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sarah3161

• Ueda_Angel

• shinju07

• Scarfhime

• 3 weeks later...

I like both, good descriptive novels are really wonderful to read. But on the other hand there are so many great yaoi mangas with such beautiful art work that you just can't resist them :)

So I think I have to say that I prefer yaoi manga because of the visual aspect.

Well, I love fanfics as well with boyxboy pairings, but that maybe doesn't count?

Anyhow... YAOI

• Like 1

hmm i like both, but maybe manga more, cause of the pictures, but its good to use ure own imagination while reading the novels, ive read quite a few n some r nice n descriptive while others r not, but then u get that with manga too lol so overall i prefer manga lmao

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like long stories so I like to read yaoi novels. Regarding manga, I like them because of the art. So, maybe the best choice would be a manga with a complex storyline (many chapters) and a good art. :p

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well i've only read manga's so far and hve no idea abt bl novals.... bt i personally think mangas are better bcoz of their visual representation... bt am sure novals are gd too .... since mangas are extracted 4rm novals itself.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Manga, only because there are more of those translated than there are of BL novels. I'd love to read the Fujimi Orchestra BL novels and any that deal with Nakamura Shungiku's characters from Junjou Romantica and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi though. I love to read so I'd probably enjoy them both equally if there were more BL novels. I read novels J.L. Langley's With or Without series, but that's not written by anyone from Japan.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FANFICTION--Novels.

I'm a bigger fan of reading long and descriptive descriptions of why uke/seme likes seme/uke rather than attempting to interpret it from looking at their faces. It's like...through text, I can connect with the emotions more. I admit, there are things that are best understood by looking at images. It's difficult to have that level of understanding through words. However, they can be done, and when it is accomplished, everything is magnified. Everything feels surreal, like a different dimension, and all of a sudden a hint is present everywhere, and then I can never discard a single letter. In such a short moment, things change, and something in my head tells me to thoroughly look at every word and at every phrase because in the end, they are all reasons for the bigger picture.

Er...I hope it somehow makes sense xD

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I prefer novels, I think;) Althouth I like manga too. But when I read manga the most important thing for me is plot and art quality;) But when you read novel usually there are only text so you have to imagine all the things and that's probably more interesting.. (for me, of course, not to all people:D).

I like them both, though I have to admit it's more fun to read it with images instead of just an occassional picture (and unfortunately the pictures in the novel are usually not suited to read in public because they always pick out the pictures where it's obvious that it isn't just about friends - at least the ones I've read until now)