❀ YO's BL NOVEL BOOK CLUB ❀

Racheal

I honestly haven't read all the past posts completely. Hoooo boy it's overwhelming XD

Anyway, I like

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
's rotation so I'll go for 1.3 :D then regarding the discussion, I don't mind discussing right away and I don't really mind spoilers but I think it'd be good to have a discussion a bit later when everyone is a bit later in the book and even then, putting it under spoiler should be good. :D

as for the themes, I'm not to picky with themes as long as the story is good but I'd like to suggest heavy themes under the psychological genre like suicide, self-harming, psychological disorders and such but if such themes are too heavy then we don't have to do those. It's just a preference of mine. But other themes are good too like age gap or bisexuality or even tentacles (

, my friend I'm looking at you. *highfive*)

Aaah everything is starting to go together. I'm really excited! :D

P.S. WELCOME TO THE FRESH BLOODS! :D

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Racheal

• voide

• auser

• Jochie

Top Posters In This Topic

i am with you in 2 (f)..there are many books i hesitate to read and avoid because of multiple partners..its not that i can't read it..i read only three books like this and that too threesome but just not comfortable enough..sharing the person you love or loving 2 or more person just the same..i don't know what to think about that..but i am taking courage and going to try slow heat..and with the book club we both might start to like this genre

may ask what manga is on your signature? Look really interesting :)

- - - Updated - - -

we have the same taste :D

thank you! I like it too, it's done by the awesome
and it's from Saezuru Tori wa Habatakanai - I highly recommend it if you haven't read it yet

Sorry for the off-topic message, guys :p

Well now i think i obviously will go with 1.3 , glad you guys liked the idea and sorry for the audiobook i totally forgot ^^' just insert it in one of the month and shift the others by one. As for the holidays i just put them as an example, since i liked the christmas idea and reading something for halloween seemed a must also! XD

2- i like the idea of discussing more general thing in the first week and starting with the heavy stuff in the third, more like you said

I suggest we put limited on what we should discuss in the early stages of the book, so it is not go in too deep. "Not A kills B" but maybe some certain events or some thing the MC does, with spoiler on and state how far it is in the book, and the serious discussion will be start at the beginning of the third week or we can do around 20th of each month.
i mean it we read i mystery i will surely want to discuss who we think will be the killer or something like that. Not saying who he really is, since at this stage i won't know, but who we THINK it is and why . And i will still put it under spoiler

Ps.

hey not my fault! YOU are the one who started whit the dragon this time! XD

Oh and a question, i was just thinking, but when we will start proposing the book, we can propone book we have already read(because yeah there are those you liked so much you want to talk about them) or do we make a sort of rule about proposing always new book?

thank you so much for your efforts! you are amazing! and you are right, I mean
already gone out of her comfort zone by reading historicals, so maybe I should read tentacles

*God, I can't believe I'm writing this* to expand my horizons when the time comes! xD

thank you friend for not giving up on me! foxy1

ps:

I LOVE saezuru too yoyo5 hope
joins us too.. and
that's one nice piece work there..

Maybe we can read T.J.Klune's Wolfsong/Ravensong in August?.. According to goodreads Ravensong's expected publication date is July 31st...leaf3 Hope it's true

I'm just saying... ;)

here's my respond:

1. i agree w

rotation schedule

2. i prefer discuss from day 1. also, i'd love to add what q & a you could expect came from me hehee.. :

a. POVs (if there's nothing stated earlier) hell, sometimes i drop a book bc i can't understand the pov. true story

b. writing style

c. book cover (if it's 'interesting' enough lol)

d. behaviour or decision certain characters made

e. prediction of whodunit (if it's a mystery)

f. ship. disclaimer: i'm wholeheartedly a monogamous believer. so please bear w me if i disapprove of your polysomes & bitchin about it lol

g. generally fanboying/fangirling lmao

>> i'll put d, e & g under spoilers. probably f too. but if i wanna start a war i don't hehee.. secretary, please don't ban me from club. i'd love to play around lol

_________

i'm okay w any genres/themes selected later. i'll voted the one i most likely wanna try to read. & importantly, i can't wait for this to start, guys!!!

Firstly, thanks for the warm welcome you guys lol

Thanks for letting me join in! After browsing through all the posts, I'm super impressed with how much you have done deciding things for the club, great job, club president! :D

the way you want me to like MM Novels sounded like a threat coz I went "uh-oh!" lol I guess we will see what will happen XD ^^

Secondly I agree with

regarding the theme and what needs to be discussed :) I would vote for theme 1.3, the rotation as its a great idea! ^^

I'm reading it right now. They really have a complicated relationship!

Hi

I really like what you and everyone is doing. I think I'm a little late tho. Did you guys decide what we were going to read and when does it officially start.

Hi
I really like what you and everyone is doing. I think I'm a little late tho. Did you guys decide what we were going to read and when does it officially start.

no you're not late. we are still voting for how the theme should rotate, and I think tomorrow we will start to discuss about the theme and author and seasoning. I usually post all the suggestions and reply all of you only once a day, so it is easier for you guys. The lasted one is
We already agreed on one book a month and we will pick new book by voting. Welcome to the club Sav6

Thanks

, can't wait yeah I like what you guys have so far 2 months for a topic/theme sounds good

YAY!!!

, welcome to the #TeamTentacles!!! I'm so happy!!!:D:D:D:D:D

(and let's never mention that we're part of this theme anywhere outside this thread xD YO is tolerant, but I'm pretty sure we will be judged xD)

wait, wait

slow heat is not about multiple partners at all though O_o (but Im still so happy you're reading it..^^:D)

it's such a pleasure to see you here...^^

YES!!

!! I just read "A song of Achilles" (well, you know already xD), so I'm no longer a historical virgins.. which means it's your turn to read about the tentacles!!!:D:D aha

dammit, again, I don't want to be known as "the tentacles girl", I swear to God it's not me who brings up this topic all the time

Maybe we can read T.J.Klune's Wolfsong/Ravensong in August?.. According to goodreads Ravensong's expected publication date is July 31st..

can't wait for Ravesong on July 31st yoyo5 (i think xD)

but Wolfsong is a controversial book, because I believe that

&
have already read it & loved it, while
&
also, but werent as keen on it.. and I'm not sure about everybody else here.. so we should wait for them to tell xD

WELCOME!!:D

Then

if its not then in which book was there multiple partners that people kept raving about that broke their hearts, emotional rollercoaster and all that..i remember reading something like that in good reads..

that's true, mochi. i have issue w that book bc of some personal matters & i also wasn't in the right mind set at that moment. so i stopped reading it. & bc you pointed that out, i'd love to give another suggestion. can we only select standalone books for a starter? or if we want to read series, could we start w trilogy? i mean, i want to get use w all of you first. i wanna know how you guys discussed books & the pace you take for each book you read. after we all get familiar w each other maybe then we can start reading long series. what do you guys think?

cc:

if it was omegaverse, than I think it was Omega for the Pack! And yep, the first books were REALLY really good!! but it went downhill from there T_T but I do still suggest to read the first ones, because they're worth it!:D

but if it wasn't omegaverse, then not sure..^^

yep, I think that one book per month is the best way, but we can always do something like "first book of the trilogy/series", so only those who want to, will continue the series on their own time:D

i know. 1 book/month. what i mean is book that is not part of a series. for a start. if we want to read books from part of series, i suggest we choose trilogy instead of a long series. that way, we can continue discussing them. i mean if me, i still wanna discuss it w book club even tho it's a series. but for a starter, for us to warm up, could we only use standalone?

i know. 1 book/month. what i mean is book that is not part of a series. for a start. if we want to read books from part of series, i suggest we choose trilogy instead of a long series. that way, we can continue discussing them. i mean if me, i still wanna discuss it w book club even tho it's a series. but for a starter, for us to warm up, could we only use standalone?

and
I think it's a good idea to read in standalone volumes or if in a series, a trilogy. As we don't know how the first discussion will go or how fast ppl will read it, I reckon the first book should be a standalone single book. ^^ we can always look at ones with series later on, after our one or two discussions ^^

of course:D I know that our precious Racheal is always taking notes over everything we say foxy2

so now I'm pretty sure the first books will be standalones:D:D

and guys, seriously, when I tag the two of you, I experience such Winter School nostalgia..^^ ahah:D

uh...Can I still join even though I'm a little bit silent reader? Though I also comment when I need to. "Think before I type and click" to prevent any misunderstanding because sometimes I tend to type something before I think. Thank you.

yeah, my former team mate lol

sure you can. share anything & anytime you want. no problem : )

Thanks

..i will search about it and keep it on my read list..

I would like to suggest the 3 new books of K.J Charles that are coming this year for our reading

The Henchmen of Zenda by K.J. Charles (released on May 15th)

Unfit to Print by K.J. Charles (will be released on july)

And another one that is coming on december

And also the green men series if no one has read it yet like me

And also Lover's Knot by Donald Hardy - its a 2009 book so maybe most people have read but if not then i would like to suggest.i..there seems to be past filtration, murder mystery in town, ghosts, missing person and all that and has good reviews and so far i haven't seen any negative comment on goodreads and the rating is good too..but if if you guys have read it already no need then..

Hello guys,

We seem to reach our agreements for most topics now. Good Jobs everybody.

Let's see. what are we already reached agreements.

1. amount of book [1 /month ]

2. how to pick a book and theme [vote]

3. When to start the discussion each month [ from the beginning with spoiler on and some limitation of the discussion contents (will be determine later)]

so what we need to decide today are :

1. Theme: Majorities vote go with the one that Astiara suggested. Is it ok with you guys

since you guys vote for number 2. Number 2 and 3 are pretty much the same amount of each categories, but the way we rotate them are different.

Example from Astiara. The blue texts are details I edited.

June: Theme

July: Author

Aug: Free choice

Sept:Book w/Audio book

Oct: Halloween

Nov: Author

Dec: Christmas

Jan: Free choice

** I want to contribute my opinion on the special theme issue. Please tell me what do you think

1.1 It's a very great Idea for having special theme such as Christmas Valentine or Halloween because we have so many books related to these holiday, but some like Easter is probably hard to find and may not be able to find an interesting one, so I think we should limited the special theme to some that we can and be able to find a good books. What do you guys think?

1.2 Since we have both Christmas and Halloween, we will have only one free theme. Do you want to do only a) Christmas and have 2 free theme or b) do both Christmas and Halloween and have only one theme.

1.3 Since we decided on Astiara suggestion, we will have very limited spot for Free theme, and Author, 2 spots for each [Depending on we do Halloween or not], so I have to adjust my plan too.

***Each of you please give me one Author name and one Theme/genre that you like the most, you too

, no exception.

did suggest something light for our first theme

also suggested that we should not pick books in the series for the beginning

You guys can tell me what you think? , and then we can decided when everybody give me your choice of theme.

-----------------------------------------------

2. Discussion : Please let's me know what kind of contents that you think we should not discuss before week 3

Here are some suggestion by
thank you voide

a. POVs (if there's nothing stated earlier) hell, sometimes i drop a book bc i can't understand the pov. true story

b. writing style

c. book cover (if it's 'interesting' enough lol)

d. behaviour or decision certain characters made

e. prediction of whodunit (if it's a mystery)

f. ship. disclaimer: i'm wholeheartedly a monogamous believer. so please bear w me if i disapprove of your polysomes & bitchin about it lol

g. generally fanboying/fangirling lmao

and here from

I like the idea of discussing more general thing in the first week and starting with the heavy stuff in the third. i mean it we read i mystery i will surely want to discuss who we think will be the killer or something like that. Not saying who he really is, since at this stage i won't know, but who we THINK it is and why . And i will still put it under spoiler

------------------------------------------------

3. Selection Rules : We have 2 issue to considerate. I will need you guys opinion for both 3.1 ans 3.2 as for 3.1 please let's me know if you guys agree with A) or B)

3.1 It will be hard for us to find books that everyone have never read before What should we do in this case? a) Should we avoid these books at all cost? or b) It's ok if the person who have already read the book ok and agree to re-read it with us for the sake of discussion? ** Open for all opinions and suggestion on this topic.

------------------------------------------------

3.2 Another point that Astiara pointed out is let's members suggest books that they have already read,and would love to discuss with everybody. What do you think?

I was just thinking, but when we will start proposing the book, we can propone book we have already read(because yeah there are those you liked so much you want to talk about them) or do we make a sort of rule about proposing always new book?

-----------------------------------------------

These would be all for today. Thank you guys for your hard work

--------------------------------------------------

yoyo5 yoyo5 yoyo5 look how far we go now? We missed you.

We will find someone who understand your love toward those cute slicky thing

Thank you for letting me know what's you think and sorry for have to adjusted the plain. Your upcoming books you recommended were noted. :D

You're welcom

Please no worries, you don't have to do every month or do a lot of discussion, just do it at your own term OK? We can always talking about book together

Thank you so much

for all your opinion and suggestions especially the discussion content. Also you will need to give me one Author name and one theme you like the most too :D

You're welcome

chie thank you for your contribution as well.

Yes

things're starting to go together. I am very excited too, and thank you so much for your opinions

Welcome to the club

I am glad to see you here, and if you have some time, we would love to hear your opinions too. You don't have to read all the post. Just this one .

I love Saezuru too

lol I know you

even if I did not mentioned it, it will be in your suggestion anyway !! and thank you do much for all the idea you contributed to the blub

You're welcome

right? we can't just leave poor
alone with her cute slicky things, can we? P.S. I love saezuru too ;D

thank you for the suggestion. I will proposed to everybosy when we discuss the books and themes itself. If we're going to read this one we need everybody to read book 1 first >

You're very welcome

and no, you guys are the president. I am your secretary ;D. and thank you for your opinion regard the theme

we will start first books next month, but for now I want a name of author and a theme you like, so I can narrow them and make a poll. Thank you.

Sure

like voide said you can discuss with us at your own term. I am glad you're here with us, but now you will have to give me a name of an author and theme/ genre you like the most first

Thank you everybody. I hope to here from you guys soon