❀ YO's BL NOVEL BOOK CLUB ❀

Racheal

Yay

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
is in!!:D I'm so happy to see you here.. ^^ I know you're not big on MM books, but you loved Beautiful Monsters yoyo5 so I have high copes we will completely convert you throughout the year.. in fact, I will make it my mission!:D:D:D

I love love love love your cross-dressing idea!!:D i also need to read it for the book challenge.. and I already have a good book in mind.. ah, that's a great idea:D

or survival games type of book? dammit, I need this in my life in BL version as well!!

, I vote for 4.2. we all read at a different rate, so to have an opportunity to discuss it right I think would be better.. just using spoilers:D but it's also not something that is that important to me, so either way is absolutely fine:D

and yay yay yay for audiobooks!

and ah i love how well you organize it all.. you were born to make this book club happen foxy2

I LOVE your bestseller month idea.. in fact, you & "Inhale"reminded me so much of the thread I wanted to create for such a long time.. urg tomorrow tomorrow ahah

yoyo5 while the rewatch part did just shutter my heart in one million pieces, you're too kind & sweet to me regardless.. I would never hate you!! In fact (dare I admit it?) I'm actually reading a historical book right now.. (so Magpipes next then!:D ahah)

but still,

it makes me so happy for some reason that you're not a historical fan too..^^ ahah
loves it and half of his recommendations are historical.. ah, one day..:D

the author idea is certainly unique & awesome.. I like it!:D:D

yay well now we have officially met, so you should make more appearances in those threads too!:D:D

can I just sign under your post & agree with everything? Because yep, I totally need every topic your mentioned in my tbr.. dammit, why there are only 12 months in a year? T_T

such an awesome idea about starting reading the second book of the month for the fast readers!! I haven't thought of it (ashamed xD), and I like it!:D:D that could be a nice alternative..:D:D

wait

I mentioned everyone but you.. that's not ok..in fact, criminal. here - foxy2 just for you:D

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Racheal

• voide

• auser

• Jochie

Top Posters In This Topic

ahah I'm just here for 2 minutes tonight, so I will answer properly tomorrow, but can I just say
&
that you must have just not read the right Tentacles book? Some can be very nice.. and there are a few that are even fluffy & romantic....mm..^^

or I'm simply a pervert. That could be the case too xD

You are thinking about wriggle&sparkle are you not? Xd

Oh

other theme: historical(they mentioned it above), fluffy, best standalone book/best serie, alternative reality,Mafia, etc.

yes!!! it's such a sweet one!! But also have you read
? the best love triangle in history.. ah, I adore it!

or The Tentacles for the love Bouquet? Nothing cute about that one, but dammit, if it isn't my favorite shifters book (after Wolfsong yoyo5)

oh can I add new idea too?

I really would like the Asian novel as one of possible themes.. i really enjoyed discovering the chinese novels with you and I would like to continue..^^

Just wanted to say hi to all of you guys here

thank you for telling me about the club!!

Hi Miss

, sorry for the late reply and thank you for telling me about the club. I'm also in. :leaf15:leaf3

Thank you for tagging me here! I'm probably late about the news of the book club but GUYSSSS! it's an awesome concept! Thank you

I'll try and be active for this month (I'm heading to my Dad's hometown tomorrow until the 24th) and the following months, because I'll be starting Law school by July or August and I might get a lot of readings, but anything that will be finalized for the club, I will do my best to follow it!

Thank you again for this wonderful idea! Hopefully, we can all be friends through this! :Jumping around:

Yay

&
FRESH BLOOD!! Aaa I'm so excited to see even more people here...:D:D::D Hello:D:D

I really like the rotation

put in..its really good..that way every month will be a different experience..

Tentacles i only read Abduction by Amelita Rae and liked it and planning to read what @

suggested..

The only genre i can't read is cheating..that's the only no vote for me..

noope sorry but i'm not really into tentacles, wriggle&sparkle i read only because it is by megan derr (and never did i make a better choice xd), beside it say it is mpreg so it is automatically out of my league ^^' though the plot seemed funny ;)
thanks, happy you like it =)

, did you just use fluffy and tentacles in the same sentence xD

ahhh, sorry for the big disappointment about YOI my friend, you already knew that I'm a failure :/ Historical!? That's.. amazing, you have progressed so far.. I'm proud of you yoyo5

I wanted to invite you in if you don't mind :)

and

it's off-topic but I loveed your signature yoyo4

may ask what manga is on your signature? Look really interesting :)

- - - Updated - - -

we have the same taste :D

Ohh prepare yourself

, because that's one of the greatest yaoi mangas! It's called Saezuru tori wa habatakanai by Yoneda Kou.. and it's the most painful and addicting thing I've ever read..

aahaha the Abduction by Amelita Rae.. I have flashbacks to this one xD Easily, the dirtiest book I've ever read, and I read A LOT of crap xD (littlespiral's recommendation tho.. I had to read it..^^)

and yay!!:D please do tell me what you think about Taken by Tentacles & Tentacles for the Bride Bouquet!! the second one I can talk about forever.. ah:D (although please do read the trigger warnings, it's.. intense xD)

I will never win this debate, will I? oh well.. T_T I guess I'm just going to continue loving my tentacles in silence... by myself.. alone in my room.. T_T

an by the way,

&
- the more I think about it, the more i LOVE the first book in the series suggestion as one of the themes.. this way, those who want, can continue the series, but everyone will at least try the first book.. I would like to sign up under this suggestion too:D

NEVER! you will never be a disappointment, my friend and I saw you just called me precious in another thread.. well, right back atcha! foxy2

as long as there is no broken bottle or steel road or knife (this is where i draw my limit and don't even ask me where i read something this f***** up) i think i will be fine with any kind of warning..

well now there is one way for you to win, and that is by being able to make tentacles one of the most voted theme! That way i will have to at least try to read it XD let's see if you can make it happen ;)

ahah, nooo I would never try to force someone to read something they don't want!!:D I think the themes should be pleasant for everyone, so I assume there won't be any mpreg & tentacles & cheating in this bookclub.. and it's great!:D:D

I will just read all of this perversion in secret then..^^

O_o wow, and I thought I read messed up crap! wait, is the stolen rod from Neko? or was it wood there? (oh wait, you asked not to ask:D:D ahah never mind then:D:D)

but yay! I think you will enjoy.. please please do let me know your thoughts!! Tentacles for the bride bouquet is so so precious..yoyo5

Hello guys,

Let's see..seem like we reach agreements for 3 topics ; amount of the book/month, the way we pick it, and audio book, but we have new suggestions for theme, and our opinions divided in to 2 on when we're going to start the discussion.

1. Theme

1.1 Half and half (take turn every month)[suggested by fan_yaoi] with flexibility for new released best-seller [suggested by gerr05], select authors [suggested by voide], and one month pick from books that we can find audio version only. Also December will be reserved for Christmas theme.

1.2 We can do like
recommended too 2 month for each topic: theme, no theme, authors, best seller. [we will have to take two months off for audio book and Christmas theme tho']

1.3 like Astiara suggested, [but reserve one month for the books that we can get our hand on audio book only] Beside Christmas, we will talk about the details of the theme itself later.

-for number 3 i'm for the rotation idea, maybe something like this:

june: theme

july: author

aug: free choice

sept: theme

oct: special -->halloween theme

nov: author

dec: special-->christmas theme

jan: free choice

feb: theme

mar: author

apr: free choice/special-->easter theme

etc.

I think we are almost reach agreement on this topic too, but If anyone has anything to add or want anything to be adjusted, please let's us know. We still have time.

*** We will discuss about the theme itself after we reach our agreement about how many months for each categories, but I have been taking note every suggestions from you guys, so no worries. ;D

2. When should we start discussing

Seem like most of us tend to lean toward "Discussing since day one with spoiler on" but

also voiced her concern about the content that we discussing at the beginning of the month

I don't like interrupting on going on discussion, I will feel that what I like to add already discussed anyway, I can't said anymore.

It's not that I want us to wait until middle of the month to start discussions, we can start with the general things first (the cover, the author, what you've heard about the books, the synopsis you've read) but not really the content and what going on in the book ( I know

just gives examples but please please never mention who killed whom or who's died even inside a spoiler, I know I'll be curious and open it and it will ruin it for me)

And also

also voiced her concern about

It might be hard sometimes when people start to discuss it already and you are late to the party

I suggest we put limited on what we should discuss in the early stages of the book, so it is not go in too deep. "Not A kills B" but maybe some certain events or some thing the MC does, with spoiler on and state how far it is in the book, and all the serious discussion will be start at the beginning of the third week or we can do around 20th of each month. We can discuss about the details of what we should or shouldn't later if every one agree on it. What do you think Jochie/shinyaKogami

This would be all, and when we are all agreed on these topics, we can move on to the theme itself !!! I am so excited >

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your opinion especially about best seller book!!!

Me too!! so this will be our first book club. Let's have fun together

Thank you so much voide for you opinions and all the suggestions. I already narrow them down to 3 choices now. Please let's me know which one is the best.

Thank you so much for letting me know what you think. Your opinion and suggestion about holiday themed.

Now I narrow it down to three. Can you let's me know how you feel about them and which one you like the most? Thank you so much. Also I already replied about the vote in the post above

Thank you for your opinion, and Yes we will alternate them monthly, but now we have two more suggestions adding to our discussion too, so please let's me know what you think. Thank you.

Also, dxdzero8, if you don't think your parents can understand your hobbies, please keep it in closet and be careful about your gadgets. Please put password on everything especially your kindle !!!!

thank you so much for contribute your opinion. Your suggestion about themes and authors have been noted

thank you for telling us your opinion. Now we have like 3 types of them, please let's me know which one you like the most.

every time I see your name I see dragon !!! thank you so much for the pattern of the books. I added your idea above for us to discuss and decide and thank you for the suggestion about theme/genre/ authors.

Me too, I am pretty much want to avoid Mpreg, but since I am the club secretary, I cannot skip the book, can I. T^T

yoyo5 yoyo5 yoyo5 Please don't worry. If there are Mpreg or tentacle..I will try hard for both of us >

thank you for your kind words and your support. Your opinion were noted, for Asian novel topic and the first book of the series, we can discuss later when we do the theme and book. BTW : I saw you are trying so hard with tentacle theme :D

WEEEElCOOOME to the club. I think I did send you pm, but seem like did not go through because I added too many recipients. If you have time please let's us know what you think about the topic we have been discussing ok?

You're welcome and Wow Law school !!! congratulation !! I know you will have a lot of books to read, but I hope you will have a little spare time to relax and read books with us

thank you so much for such a comprehensive post, Racheal!! Wow wow wow you work so hard for the club..! foxy2

but I'm definitely getting the wrong rap here.. I didn't suggest tentacles.. I just defended them xD

I mean those cute slicky bastards are just not getting enough love in my opinion.. :_red_fox 18

Okay so for number 1-

I agree with 1.2..that is an awesome rotation system Aistiara gave

And for number 2 any type of discussion is fine as long as we can talk about books..i mean its about enjoying by talking and sharing our opinions and i don't want to take the excitement from someone by giving too much spoilers so i agree with you..first general idea then from third week full spoilers..

- - - Updated - - -

i will talk with you about the book..though it might be next month..i still have books i am currently reading once i finish them..i will read it..

thank you and thank you! I do hope that I can actively participate on out club because it’s so exciting and already sounds fun and I don’t want to miss out on things.

Okay so for number 1-

I agree with 1.2..that is an awesome rotation system Aistiara gave

And for number 2 any type of discussion is fine as long as we can talk about books..i mean its about enjoying by talking and sharing our opinions and i don't want to take the excitement from someone by giving too much spoilers so i agree with you..first general idea then from third week full spoilers..

- - - Updated - - -

i will talk with you about the book..though it might be next month..i still have books i am currently reading once i finish them..i will read it..

Thank you for your opinion dxdzero8. I have one question. Did you mean number 3 ? since you mention Astiara name.

-------------

Thank you for joining us as well

here's my respond:

1. i agree w

rotation schedule

2. i prefer discuss from day 1. also, i'd love to add what q & a you could expect came from me hehee.. :

a. POVs (if there's nothing stated earlier) hell, sometimes i drop a book bc i can't understand the pov. true story

b. writing style

c. book cover (if it's 'interesting' enough lol)

d. behaviour or decision certain characters made

e. prediction of whodunit (if it's a mystery)

f. ship. disclaimer: i'm wholeheartedly a monogamous believer. so please bear w me if i disapprove of your polysomes & bitchin about it lol

g. generally fanboying/fangirling lmao

>> i'll put d, e & g under spoilers. probably f too. but if i wanna start a war i don't hehee.. secretary, please don't ban me from club. i'd love to play around lol

_________

i'm okay w any genres/themes selected later. i'll voted the one i most likely wanna try to read. & importantly, i can't wait for this to start, guys!!!

my dude, welcome :D

Thank you

and
for the name of the Manga. It seem I'm reaching a roadblocks with novels, the last 2 books I've read do nothing to me. I'm thinking of taking a break by reading some Manga (also requires for the book challenge). So I'll definitely check this one out.

thank you

for taking my concern for consideration, and what you suggest is fine with me :)