A Titan Odyssey ~ LoneDigger & mik3la

mik3la

"Is that really what he is like? My real father?"

Jess was curiously suddenly, having a Greek God as his new dad was really shocking. He couldn't believe it was happening, but he couldn't deny the strange events that were somehow real.

His father was probably just an asshole. Maybe he didn't want to know more about him or ever even meet him.

"Eh... I'm worried if I eat anything I will just throw it up. My stomach is kind of in knots right now..."

He admitted with a grimace. It wasn't that he wasn't hungry, but all this adrenaline was making him feel a bit sick and light headed. But stopping to eat was probably the best thing since who knows when their next chance might be.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• LoneDigger

"Is that really what he is like? My real father?"

"Sadly he is a jack-ass who likes to give order and thinks he is the smarted. But I think that is a general thing for god. Most of them are like that" he said shrugging, but keeping a smile. He checked outside as he parked the car to a motel near the main highway, making sure that the place was safe. As long as his hair on his back didn't rise or any other strange feeling was stuck in his gut, that meant all was clear and safe.

"Eh... I'm worried if I eat anything I will just throw it up. My stomach is kind of in knots right now..."

"I understand, but you need energy. So let's go cause i'm starving" he said getting out of the car, waiting the boy to fallow. They got in the coffee or bar or whatever that place was, and sat at a table checking the menu. Even if he was as well a halfling of something. Not even him knew what he was. He was told only one thing, that he was an Apollyon, a servant to the Gods and killer to others. That's why he was under supervision sometimes.

When the waitress came he ordered a large omelette with bacon and cheese, a hamburger with large fries and a glass of water. "You can order what ever you want" he said to Jess, making sure the other will dig in something before they rest.

Jess groaned softly as he a bit shakingly climbed out of the car and followed Seth into the diner.

He really wasn't feeling like he could stomach anything much at this point. Nothing sounded good anymore after all that had happened really killed any appetite.

Once inside he folded his arms over the table and rested his head down on them, keeping his gaze away from the annoying black and white checkers and neon lights. He just felt miserable. Why had he ever wished for something like this? Adventure were supposed to be fun, not terrifying.

But inside the little cave his folded arms had made, in the dimness created he could still make out the menu and ordered plain toast and ginger ale, almost regretting it instantly once he realized the reason why he had ordered such a strange combination was because that was what his mother had used to make for him whenever he was feeling sick. He almost wanted to cry just thinking about her, but he couldn't... he was too old for that.

Seth felt kind of sorry for the other. Not pitty him or anything, but he kind of understand what he was going through, sadly he didnt know what to say to comfort the other. So instead of saying anything he just ordered him an orange juice, placing it in front of him.

"Its good for energy" he said softly trying to eat, but seeing the boy he had lost his appetitte as well. Sighing he looked around the room thinking that they should get a room to sleep. "Forget a. Lets go" he said leaving some cash on the table for the what he ordered and went to the reception of the motel. "A room please for tonight" he statdd to the lady at desk which was a little sceptical at frist but complied once Seth payed the room.

"Ground floor, second to the right" she pointed down a small coridor. "Lets get in you some sleep" he said walking towards the coridor.

Jess dared to peak out from his arms when he heard the sound of glass sliding against the table and the soft clink of ice hitting around inside the orange juice.

He shakingly wrapped his hand around it and brought it closer, taking the smallest of sips from it.

It was cool and citrus-y... not bad, but he couldn't nearly finish it. He had barely drank any at all.

The male gave a short nod as he slowly rose back to his feet and followed closely at Seth's heels, seeming to look to the other's lead before acting.

He didn't have the strength to even think for himself right then. So he just followed without question. Besides, he trusted Seth... well, as much as one could trust someone they had just met in a crazy turn of events.

But he hadn't let anything bad happen to him yet and that was enough for him.

Once they got inside their room he didn't even bother to look around and instead headed straight for the bed and curled up tightly on top the covers, squeezing his eyes shut.

"If you want to take a shower first, there is the bathroom and some change clothes should be in my backpack. I think we have the same size" he said pointing at the backpack left on the bed. The room wasn't big, but it was enough for one night. Being at the ground floor, they had access to the courtyard, doors which he closed and pulled the curtains, not wanting to be seen. He was exhausted as well. He wasn't prepared to meet a titan yet and the fight kind of took him out of balance.

"A warm shower/bath should calm your nerves a little" he said letting out a small reassuring smile, patting the other on the shoulder. "Now go little one, i'll guard till you're finished" he winked at the other, trying to take the tension out of the room. "That is if you don't want to go alone and you want me to join" he teased hopping the other would react in some sort of a way. He felt a little unease seeing the boy so silent.

He was afraid he broke the boy which wasn't a good thing, knowing that the faith of the world was on this little one shoulders. Plus, the Gods, especially the fucker Apollo wouldn't let him live another day.

All Jess wanted was to go to sleep, but it sounded like Seth was really wanting him to take a shower first... maybe he stunk worse than he'd notice in all the chaos and hadn't time to worry about his hygiene.

But even if the world was coming to an end he still cared about that much so he rose himself from the bed after uncurling himself from the tight little ball and stumbled over to the bag to find his change of clothes before heading for the bathroom.

"That won't be necessary."

Jess huffed playfully, giving the smallest of smiles as he pulled open the door and went inside, closing it behind him and getting undressed before messing with the tub and getting the water temperature just right before standing underneath the shower and letting the hot water relax him, just washing all the stress away... almost.

Seth shrugged but was happy to see the other amused. He really had a sweet smile even if the other was just forcing to do so. He appreciate that the other knew how to take a joke and didnt make a scene. He kind of gpt that a lot but apparently the boy somehow, understood him. That was something knew.

Hearing the water shower on he looked for some clothes he could change. Throwing something to the trash that was near the bathroom door he saw that the door was a little open. Curiosity started running in him. He was curious to sew of he had a birth mark or anything that could indicate that he was a demi god. Without thinking he startes picking threw the little crack. His breath was caught in his throat as his eyes landed on the others slim figure. Jess had a skime figure but beautiful curves. From behind he could be mistaken with a girl, but was the difference. Jess a guy. He didnt do guys in a long time. He thought he was pass that time, but apparently Jess woke somenthing inside uim that was long dead.

Taking a deep breath he stepped away from the door and went outside in the yard to take some fresh air. He needed some after he saw Jess naked under the shower. He had to cool down. He was afterall the son of Apollo , not some random guy.

Jess did have a very feminine build for a guy, but it wasn't something he ever really noticed because while most other guys his age preferred to play sports he was always more of the bookish, nerdy type. So it wasn't like in his circle that he had to compare himself to guys who were really buff and fit that worked out a lot or played competitively.

But questions of sexuality actually never really crossed his mind beyond masturbation. He didn't really stop to consider if he were gay or straight, because truth was he had never been attracted to a girl, but never either a another guy.

Even if his personality was more female than male, but he didn't really see it like that. Nothing was ever that black and white... He was just who he was and that was it. Even if Jess knew it made him different.

So showering wasn't anything special, just him trying to relax and not let his darker thoughts get the better of him. He had no idea that he was being watched... his instincts weren't so good after being so exhausted and distracted by the falling water.

He trusted Seth a lot more than he should probably... but right now that's exactly what he needed after loosing his family and his normal life was someone to rely on... even if that person might not be completely of pure intentions.

Jess finished showering, dried himself off good before getting into his new change of clothes and headed straight back to bed. He was even sleepier now, but not in a sickening way, but more relaxed and clean feeling after having washed away the stress. But he noticed that the door was open to the outside and he couldn't help but be curious if Seth was alright...

"Seth...?"

He muttered tiredly as he dragged his feet towards the door and out onto the balcony.

Seth was kind of caught in his thoughts and senses as he was paying attention to the surroundings which where very quiet, but hearing his name being called he turned, full on guard, only to see the boy barefoot in the yard, looking for him. Exhaling, he calmed down moving towards the boy, not wanting him to be too much in the open space of the yard. He knew better, that the night, wasn't a safe place to roam around.

"Already missing me?" he teased a little smiling cockily. He had to admit that the boy was a good looking fellow, and even though the resemblance with Alex was hurting him, Jess was different than the other. Jess was human, well, half human, but mostly human. Since he didn't know about his powers and all the rest of the myths, that made him adorable. Not to mention, his clumsiness was hilarious. But he had some guts to talk shit and do crazy things when emotions get him. I know others with the needed power that are more chicken than a chicken .

"Let's get you inside and in bed" he said letting his fingers on Jess's shoulders, turning him and pushing him back inside the door and in the room, closing the door behind and pulling the curtains so that nothing can be seen. "Tomorrow will be a long day" he said settling Jess near the bed, jumping on the other side of the bed aswell. "ahh .... now this is nice" he moaned feeling the smooth mattress and soft sheets.

"No...! I mean... I just wanted to make sure you were alright, it's dangerous outside now..."

The male muttered shyly, his cheeks faintly flushed for a moment before returning to their normal pale color again.

But he couldn't understand why Seth was staring at him like that... as if he were thinking of something else whenever the other looked at him. Maybe he was just stressed out, or it reminded him of something from the past.

With a heavy sigh and a firm nod, Jessamine turned around so he could start heading back inside and finally get to bed. That's all he wanted now was some proper rest to give his tired brain and aching muscles a break.

Though even he knew it was pathetic to be this tired, all he done was run away from a monster.... why was he so exhausted? Shouldn't he, if he really were half God, have better stamina and mental strength?

He'd never even shown any signs of having powers before... maybe they were hidden and would only reveal themselves when he truly needed it.

Jess stop and just stood at the other side of the bed for a moment, as if debating whether he could actually sleep with someone laying next to him, but he was honestly too tired to complain as he normally would have so carefully he slide into the other side and just lay there, breathing softly as he closed his eyes.

Seth smiled amused by the boy and seeing him stay on the edge of the bed he kind of felt sorry for him. He wasnt a pervert or monster so he didnt understand why he was so afraid to stay normally on the bed.

"You know i wont bite" he said keeping his eyes on the boy , but seeing that the other was ignoring him, he thought he fell asleep. So he moved the boy a little in the center of the bed, using his ar as a pillow for the others head.

"Good night little thing" he whispered softly, stroking a lock if hair away from Jess face.

It seemed Jess had fallen asleep the moment his head hit the pillows he was out like a rock. Which wasn't usually the case since he's normally a very light sleeper.

His eyes closed and breathing calm to suggest that he not in fact ignoring the other male, but lost in slumber.

He barely even stirred as he was pulled to the middle of the bed, much safer than the far edge where one turn would have certainly had him falling off and tumbling down to the floor.

Yet the male looked peaceful enough, despite his troubled day and negative thoughts his face was relaxed. Only the slightest hint of worry in his slightly furrowed brows.

He would wake up fairly early the next morning, disorientated and forgetting where he was and sitting up in a panic.

Seth tried to rest aswell, even though he kind of didn't needed the sleep. Well, maybe a little, but it wasn't like by the mortals. Sleep wasn't something that important. He could go without it even a few days but after he would be dead sleep another few more days. He was more on the extreme side of everything the mortals found it normal to do.

The next morning came in very quickly which Seth hatted. He didn't want to drive further to the University. He also hated that place. A lot of bad memories and of course, no one liked him there. He was like a weirdo in a zoo, because everyone was afraid of him. Which on one hand was very convenient, but on the other hand, it made him feel really lonely. Not that he didn't liked the fact that no one bugged him or so, but he still. Plus, he didn't visit the place since last time with Alex. Faith and Karma really were some bitches.

He was still dead asleep, not wanting to move a muscle, but sadly, his mind had a thing of its own and put him in a nightmare, bad decisions of his awful past which were still hunting him even now.

He fumbled around in the darkness of the bed, searching for the lights but instead he bumped Seth at least twice with his blindly groping hand before flicking on the lamp.

His eyes blinked quickly as they adjusted from the darkness to the dim light and slowly he began to remember it all, why he was here. And what had happened to him and most importantly, his mother and father.

Jess was heartbroken really, but he had spent so much time yesterday being upset that now he couldn't feel hardly anything at all but a lingering sense of dread.

He wrapped his arms around his stomach and hugged himself tightly as he took a deep breath, finally calm enough to stand up and wander into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

After finishing up in there he went to go see if Seth was up yet, but he seemed to still be asleep so he stood at the other's side of the bed and stared down at him, biting his lower lips slightly as he shyly reached over to give him a little shake.

"Seth... Seth..."

His nightmare was intens making him mumbling around. On his arm started to appeare dufferent symbols like ancient runes that started glowing a little light of gold.

At the second call on his name Seth woke up, instantly grabbing Jess arm , pushing him on the bed with him on top prepared to attack. But seeing those eyes glare back at him he snapped out of the nightmare in which he thought he still is and the glowing and marks on his body disappeared.

"I'm sorry" he said in a calmer voice pushing his hair on his back. "I didnt mean to scare you or anything" he added getting away from the boy, sitting on thr edge of thr bed, taking deep breaths.

Jess let out a startled yelp as he was pulled down suddenly against the bed and pinned down by a sudden very different looking Seth.

What the hell did he do wrong?! And why was the other glowing with those strange markings?!

He squirmed angrily, not so soon to forgive the other for his mistake when his nerves were on edge.

"You better say sorry! You scared me to death! What do you mean you didn't mean to, I though grabbing people and shoving them over was supposed to be a way to freak them out!"

He ranted on, letting off steam through his words and never his actions which seemed to be his biggest problem.

"I thought i was under attack. That was only a defence mechanism. It wont happen again. I will be more careful from now on" he said sighing, moving away from bed, stretching his muscles. The runes where helping him chanelling his power at full potencial. The fact that they didn't show up till now was that he wasn't using his inner power, he used only phisical one.

"Glad to see that you are now more talkative. Believe me, i don't like being under run and pression. I thought all was done years ago and that i wouldn't have to deal with this again. But as i was saying, karma and faith are bitches and like to screw around with peoples lives" he added as he was in the bathroom washing his face. He didn't needed a shower. Not yet, plus, they didn't had time as there was already late and they should have been already on the way further to University.

"Let's get ready for the road and we can chit chat in the car as long as you want" he said packing his things in the small backpack he had, dressing himself with a new black tight shirt which was showing off his muscle and worked body.

Jess sighed softly. Okay, maybe he shouldn't have freaked out so much over a honest mistake from Seth. He'd try to be nicer on the trip and not so snappy. They had to learn to get along after all.

Besides, there were bigger problems to face and they couldn't be fighting amongst themselves if they ever hoped to face it.

The male didn't understand why if he was a demi god had he never heard about this or discovered any powers. They sure would be useful to get them now, he didn't want to be the weak and defenseless one.

He glanced over at Seth and smiled weakly, his head gesturing towards the door as he walked out

Seth apreciated the fact that the other, for the moment, didn't jumped on him with different question and that they could pack everything in silence and get on the road once again. As he was calculating the distance they still had, he thought of sharing the information with the boy.

"I expect to arrive at the University around tonight if we keep on driving without any other disturbeces" he said keeping his eyes on the road, refering on titans, demons or any other supernatural creators that werent on their side pf fight.

Hating the silence in the car he turned on the radio, leaving it on a music radion that was quite interesting for his taste. Even though it was 21st century he still couldn't understand the new music taste and fashion. But he wasn't one to judge knowing that they kind of still lived in the myths themselves.

"I can see that you have question roaming on your mind. What is it?"

"Why is this happening now? I mean, I get it that the titans are awake.... but couldn't they stay asleep? Why doesn't it feel like I have anything special about me? No powers or anything!"

He sighed loudly, his head spinning even more as he tried to explain it and he ended up leaning his cheek against the car window and gazing out at the open road a bit sadly.

This was the adventure he dreamed of, yet it was turning into more a nightmare.

"As far as i undestood your powers have been locked, bound somehow and they will be released once you are together with the other demigods. Apollo said there are others like you around the world and that they already started to look for them in order to get you all together and unbound your powers" he shrugged.

He didn't know either how everything worked but as per Apollos words, the powers were sealed and all was kept secret from them, wanting to live a normal life. They never thought that this situation would ever come. They thought they will never have to gather the demigods for anything.

"The titans were release by someone from inside. Someone who betrayed the gods. We don't know who and why they did it, but as a priority case you guys need to learn about all this in quick time and start training" he added skipping a few looks at the boy than back at the road.

Suddenly out of nowhere without any warning at all Jess started to chuckle, softly at first, but then with growing intensity so that he was laughing like mad man.

"You... you...! You fucking know this sounds like some shit I read in a book a million years ago when I was a kid?!"

The uncontrollably laughter continued. It was hilarious, a book from his childhood was now his reality.

This was karma being a bitch alright, he loved that story and yearned for adventure in his life and now he was being hit in the face with it.

"That asshole Hades is probably behind this mess... He's the one who done it before... in the book I read, at least I think it was him..."

His memory was hazy, the story that he could only remember bits and pieces of. At least he had stopped acting crazy though and was gently wiping the tears from his eyes and breathing heavily to calm back down.

"You mean training like with our powers...?"

"For me is something normal since i know about them since i was born cause this is my world. But for a mortal yeah. I think it may sound like a fairy tale or worse" he shrugged trying not to laughed at Jess's reaction to the information he provided. He kind of took this shit really good. A little bit denial but step by step he accepted.

"wait a minute. You mean you've read this kind of info in a book? How come?" he narrowed his eyes being curious about that book and from where he had it. He didn't think it was from Apollo, than who let that kind of information in his hands when he shouldn't know about it in the first place.

"That one you got it wrong" he sigh, turning one hand into fist. "Last time was Ares and ... a pawn that he played it very well on this chess board all along. But the pawn, in the end, he did what it was right" he said, not wanting to mention that he was the pawn back then. He was so manipulated by Ares that he turned against his own, against the Gods, against Alex, and did all those terrible things so that in the end to realize that he was a fool and was played by the God of dead. He almost brought the Gods doom because of a prophecy Ares believed.

"What i meant is that, till your powers are freed you will have to learn how to fight but not with your powers. Its not always a good thing to rely only on your powers. You need physical strength aswell. Tactic, agility, force and resistance to hits" he added."Your powers are only a bonus. When it comes to battle supernaturals, you will need everything you got. And learning how to battle will be a good start for you" he added looking at the boy, putting up a cocky smile.

Jess nodded and fought back another snicker.

"Yeah, I did... It was a children's series about the Gods and so called mortals discovering they are the sons of Gods... I can only remember the first one though..."

He sighed, but then quieted down as he listened to Seth recall what he already knew. What he had already been through.

"Ares is the God of War, that's all I know."

He then cocked his head to the side a bit to glance over at the other male curiously.

"... And you're going to teach me all that? Good luck! I was always the worst at sports..."

He laughed a little, but it sounded a bit sad. He really wasn't good at anything... How was he supposed to be a part of this when he couldn't even throw a ball without screwing things up.

• Saga locked this topic