A Titan Odyssey ~ LoneDigger & mik3la

mik3la

2vbrjf7.jpg

242wv1w.jpg

Seth Diodoros

Not much is revealed about Seth's life. Like Alex, a friend of his, he had his life monitored by Apollo until a certain point.

We know only that his mother's name was Callista. He says that she was very beautiful, tall and blond, regal like a goddess, but also cold and unapproachable, and always would give Seth hateful stares. He was born on the island of Andros.

Characteristics

Seth is cocky, funny, and very entertaining, but he's also annoying and big-mouthed. It's also noted that he's a player and had never been in a serious relationship before. This might indicate a problem with letting people in due to his upbringing with an unloving mother.

Appearance

Seth has purple hair that is pulled back and a little up, has a gold complexion, and perfect facial features. He is also tall around about 6'5'. Seth is the first Apollyon in his generation and is 21 years old.

Story

It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they’ve given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.

YC has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life he started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either YC is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for him.

But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between him and the purple-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.

Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The mansion was as silent as he wished the inside of his head could be. No noise—not even a ragged inhale of breath or a whispered word. Truly blissful. Peaceful. The scenery was a whole different story.

However, there wasn’t a drop of blood on him. His black boots were shiny; the black tactical pants and under armour shirt, the standard uniform of a Sentinel, were free of the gore. He had skills.

His gaze flickered over the room below. This had to be, by far, one of his best Remediation’s—as in, search out hideouts and destroy the traitors who over a year ago had supported Ares when he’d attempted to take over the mortal world. Their sorry asses didn’t have a chance.

Seth was a half-blood, but he was also the Apollyon, a child of a pure and a half, a union that had been forbidden for thousands of years because an Apollyon was more powerful than any pure or half could ever hope to be. Their society existed completely unknown to the average mortals.

The air in the room shifted, filling with electricity and a ripple of power. Ancient glyph's bled out on my skin, swirling and forming wards of protection all along my flesh. A column of shimmery blue light pierced the cathedral ceiling, shooting down to the floor a few feet from the dead bodies. As the light faded, a god was revealed.

The least favorite person in the whole mortal realm, Olympus, and Tartarus smirked as he crossed his arms over his chest. He tilted his self-important, pretentious, woefully and generally unhelpful head back and eyed him with eyes that were pure white— no pupils, no irises. Freaky shit right there.

“I sensed a disturbance in the force,” he said.

I narrowed my eyes as I blew out an aggravated breath. “Did you seriously just quote Star Wars?”

Apollo, the god of the sun and other annoyingly important things that made killing him virtually impossible unless one wanted to end the world, shrugged a shoulder. “Maybe I did.”

Irritation pricked his skin, causing the glyphs to agitate restlessly across it. Apollo and him had a history—a very bad history. He couldn’t kill him. He wasn’t sure how any of the Olympian gods could kill him, but he knew they would, eventually. Just not yet— they still needed him. “What do you want?”

He tilted his head to the side. “One of these days you will speak to me with respect, Apollyon.”

“One of these days you will realize I don’t respect you.”

A tight smile appeared on the god’s lips, a hide-your-kids-and-loved-ones kind of smile, but since he had neither of those things, he wasn’t intimidated. “We need to chat.”

Before Seth could respond, Apollo snapped his fingers, and he was suddenly standing outside the mansion, his booted feet in the sand, the smell of salt overwhelming his senses, and the rolling ocean at his back. A growl of anger rose in his throat.

“I hate it when you do that.”

The smile on Apollo’s face increased. “I know.”

“What do we need to talk about?” Seth ground out

Apollo shifted his gaze to the dark ocean. “Do you have to always be so messy?”

Seth’s brows rose. “Huh?”

“Back there,” he said, jerking his chin to where the lights from the mansion twinkled in the distance. “Do you always have to be so messy when you dispatch those who betrayed us?”

“Do I have to? No.”

“Then why?” He looked at him.

“You all turned me into the Terminator. What did you expect?” he shrugged. “Is this what you wanted to talk to me about? My method of carrying out your orders? I’d think you’d have better things to do than pop up just to bitch at me because I made a mess.”

“It’s not just making a mess, Seth, and you know that. It’s you.”

A muscle began to thump along Seth’s jaw. He got what he was saying. “It’s what I am now. So deal with it.” Seth started to turn away. “If that’s it, I’m out. There are these girls I want—”

“That’s not why I’m here.”

Closing his eyes, he swallowed a stream of curses. Of course not. “What then?”

Apollo didn’t answer immediately. “Remember Perses?”

“Uh. No. I’ve forgotten all about the seven-foot Titan I helped free from Tartarus. Totally slipped my mind.” Seth’s voice dripped sarcasm, and the flare of static crackling out from his all-white eyes showed that he noted it. That made him ridiculously happy. “Did you guys catch him?”

“Not quite.”

Seth rolled his eyes. “Big surprise there.”

“Your sarcasm and general assholeness are not necessary,” Apollo remarked casually.

“I don’t think ‘assholeness’ is a word.” Seth grinned at him

“It is if I say it is.” Apollo drew in a deep breath, a sure sign his temper was reaching its knock-Seth-into-the-nearby-ocean point. “Perses has managed to do the unthinkable.”

“You’re going to have to narrow that down.”

“He’s freed more Titans.”

“That’s not —wait. What?”

“He’s freed more Titans, Seth.”

Now he had his full attention. “All of them?”

“Seven of them,” Apollo confirmed. “Including Cronus.”

“How in the fuck is that even possible? Was Hades sleeping on the job or something?”

The fact that they were freeded was a bad shitstorm that Seth didn’t ever expected.

“Yes, Seth, he took a nap and Perses snuck in the back door and let them out. Then they skipped through the Vale of Mourning, stopped to have a pic-a-nic and then decided to leave the Underworld all slow-like, and all the while Hades was chillin’ and doing nothing.”

That sounded probable.

“No,” he snapped, blue eyes flaring brightly. “Hades wasn’t sleeping on the job. None of us were, you little punk ass.”

Seth arched a brow. “Well, that was unnecessary.”

Apollo ignored that. “Use your brain for once, Seth. You’re a smart guy. I know you are. And you knew damn well that when Ares was taken out there would be ripple effects.”

“Yeah. I might remember that.”

“We knew there’d be side effects. It was a risk we had to take—just like freeing Perses. But when Ares died, all of us were weakened in one way or another. We did not realize that one of the biggest chinks in our armor would be the wards entombing the Titans. How Perses realized that and made it into Tartarus to free them is unknown and really doesn’t matter at this point. Some of them are free. So are some souls—shades. And not just any ordinary souls, but ancient souls who supported the Titans when they ruled.”

Dumbfounded, Seth stared at the god. “So, you’re telling me that not one of you considered that this might happen?” He returned my stare with a glare.Seth coughed out a dry, humorless laugh. “This is great, Apollo. We have Titans roaming around?”

“They are somewhere. Where? We have no idea. They are blocked from our viewing.” Apollo reached up, scrubbing a hand through his blond hair. “They are plotting to overthrow us.”

“You think? I mean, I’m sure they’re still pissed about being overthrown by Zeus and the douche-canoe crew in the first place.” Seth wanted to laugh again, but none of this shit was funny. “So you guys want me to hunt them down or something?”

“No.”

“No to what?”

“I’m not sending you after them. Not yet,”“I have another task for you. You need to leave for southern Virginia immediately. I’d snap your sunshine-and-rainbows ass there, but now that you’ve annoyed me, you’ll drive the twenty or so hours to get there.”

“What’s in southern Virginia?”

“Radford University.”

Seth waited for more details but apparently Apollo wasn’t that much of a talker.

“Okay. You want me to enroll in college?” Seth asked, and Apollo tipped back his head and laughed so loudly, he actually whooped. Seth frowned. “What the hell is so funny about that idea?”

“You. College. Using your head. That’s what’s funny.”

Seth was seconds away from blasting him.

“There is someone important you must protect at all costs, Seth.”

Seth’s lip’s curled into a smirk. Sending me to be a guard—how cliché. “Well, that’s very little detail.”

“You will know who it is when you see them.” “This is their schedule. You shouldn’t have any trouble finding them.”

“Okay. And what exactly am I supposed to do with this person?”

“Keep them alive.”

Seth exhaled noisily. “No shit, Apollo.”

“You will both need to go to the Covenant in South Dakota— to the University there.”

Seth’s spine straightened as if someone jacked him up. That was the last place I wanted to go. “Why? Who is this person?” Apollo’s smile returned, he winked, and then he was gone. Just like that. Poof. There one second and gone the next. Son of a bitch, I hate that.

Sighing Seth looked again on the paper, getting to work.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• LoneDigger

Jess isn't anyone you'd ever call special. In fact he is quite ordinary. His hair is black, and though his eyes are a nice green color they can't see shit so he wears wide brimmed glasses. Which only makes it all the more painfully obvious how much of a book nerd he actually is. It's not that Jess loves college or anything like that, but life is so fucking dull that at least it gives him an excuse to actually crawl out of bed in the morning and get out for some purpose. Other than that though... life is a drag. He doesn't have friends, partially because he chooses so but also because no one's ever bothered to try being a friend to him.

Oh, well. Just another pointless conception from society and one less thing to worry about... though maybe it does get a little lonely sometimes.

Jess isn't really thinking about it as his only priority when in college is getting from point a to point b. And that point happens to be his next class and he walks there automatically. Almost moving and acting more like a machine than a human being. But really that's just his way of coping, even if he isn't fully aware of that fact himself. How numb he's become to everything.

He really could use a little how did Apollo put it again? Oh, yes. A sunshine and rainbow ass to give his life real spark again.

As he was reaching his destination, he was still trying to process what Apollo had told him about the Titans roaming on Earth. Who knew what they were up to? If they didn’t had attack yet it hat to mean something. He didn’t heard or felt anything as he had traveled the world to do the Gods jobs. The Titans should had been seen by someone in this damn stupid world.

When he reached the campus and parked the car, he started wandering around not knowing what he was looking for. He hated Apollo for playing those stupid games on him. One day I’m gonna rip that smile on his face, he thought sighing taking out the paper he had with the address and initials. J.B. Cursing he started walking really fast, unaware for the humans that he was there. He felt like a summer breeze, nothing more. He was checking for lockers that could have those initials but he came to a complete stop when he saw him. It was in an instant that he couldn’t believe his eyes. It was like some kind of twisted-off-its-ass wish fulfillment or something. He looks … he couldn’t even bring himself to finish that train-wreck of a thought.

“Son of a bitch,” he said, narrowing his eyes as he started to move forward like he was a fucking rusty Robocop. In his mind, a thousand curses flew with the final destination in Olympus directly to Apollo. Now he really hatted that guy. “What’s your name?” he asked. He shot forward, moving as quickly as the striking rattlesnake. He had to be sure before anything else, but god he was sure he had the right person, but everything felt like a fucking deja-vu.

When he stopped and looked at the locker where the boy was standing, he saw the inilials on a small plastic silver plate. J.B. “Are your initials J.B.?” Thick lashes lowered, covering those eyes briefly as he muttered, “Shit.” All this situation was like a bad movie with low budged which reused old footage's. Yet, he couldn’t understand what he was. There was no sense of something special coming from him, no ehther energy or any sort of power. Then why would Apollo want him save and sound at the Academy?

Sighing he continued. “Your name?”

Son of a bitch? Okay, who had had he gone and pissed off this time--

Jess turned around to face him, but then just stood there dumbstruck for a good minute and a half before his green eyes finally blinked and he forced himself to cooperate and answer the damn question.

"Jess. My name is Jess."

He fought those words out his tongue, it suddenly hard to talk. But he blamed it on the fact that his social skills were rusty so it made him awkward around others, especially someone who was kind of hot... and definitely did not go to this college. No way in Hell...

Okay, now this was getting really weird. Maybe he shouldn't be talking to someone so strange... But he was also attractive, so that won the argument over whether to walk away and pretend he hadn't heard him again or not.

"Um, yeah... They are..."

He muttered, wondering why it even mattered to him.

"I just told you my name is Jess... Jessamine Blakely."

Ugh, he hated his full name. Why did his parents have to give him a girl's name?! It was no wonder he always went by Jess.

“What in the fuck are you?”

His hand shot out, wrapping around her wrist. And waited. Waited for something—a zap, a fissure of power signaling what he was. Nothing.

Shit, he hadn’t even felt him until he zipped up the stairs, too fast for any human to track, and startled him. He isdefinitely not a pure or a half, because I would’ve sensed that. So he wasn’t hiding out in the mortal world, like some of them had managed to do in the past. But when he’d straightened and had seen his face, he knew—he just knew this had to be the person Apollo had sent him to find, and his initials had confirmed it. I am going to commit god-slaughter on Apollo. He really needed some answers because he just couldn’t understand why Apollo would all of a sudden be interested so bad in the safety of a demigod beside the fact that they needed to trap the Titans. And then Seth realized it as he looked at the boy. His eyes … they are too familiar … just like Alex … just like … And then it hit him. He is his son …. That son of a bitch! Tipping my head back, I closed my eyes and exhaled slowly. This is so messed up.

Realizing that nothing was about to happen and probably he was hurting him, he let go, taking a step back trying to get a hold of himself and his nerves. Apollo would have to give him some answers. Like why the hell does he look like Alex, his old friend who couldn’t protect, or tried and in the end failed, forcing him to live in the underworld along with his love. Shocking his head he managed to lift those painful memories that should be kept closed and put away.

“We need to talk.” He said short turning his gaze back to him.

It was scary how lightening fast the other's reflexes were, and when his hand shot out and grabbed his wrist it felt more like a viper snake sinking in it's fangs.

Jess shifted uncomfortably.

"O-Okay... You can let go now..."

He growled softly, but the sound was shaking and unconfidant. He was actually a bit nervous now.

Now this crazy bastard was giving him a look that Jess really didn't like. It was like he was realizing something important all of a sudden that he had forgotten.

Jess was almost positive this guy couldn't know him. He didn't go to his school, and he didn't like anyone from his childhood that he could remember of...

Maybe he really was just insane. He should be more careful, he really doesn't need the extra trouble of dealing with that.

Jess didn't want to talk about this, but he knew somehow ignoring the problem would only much it so much bigger.

"Sure, yeah... Do you want to go somewhere more quiet?"

He really didn't need everyone seeing him with this... weird guy.

When the other spoke he was drag back from his thoughts and his hand opened instantly, letting the other go. Pushing a hand through his hair, taking a deep breath, he tried to understand what was this all about. Why would Apollo trust him to protect this guy, his son, of all people. Apollo was never the guy to trust something this important to him, especially after his past actions with Alex and the war and .. all of it. What game is this Apollo?! You better not fuck with me ...

At the suggestion the other made he looked once more at the boy. He sure does look like Alex , he thought as he took a deep breath. "That would be a good idea" , he manage to say narrowing his eyes. "But first i need to kick some God damn ass" he said turning his hands to fist. "We can meet in the parking lot later on, after you finish your courses" he added and then rushed out from the hall not waiting for an answer, straight to his car and drove to his hotel room. He needed to have a little chat with Apollo before everything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing in the middle of the penthouse suite in the hotel, he yelled for Apollo for the fourth time since he’d walked through the door. Finally, there was an answer in the form of energy permeating the room.Warm air blew over the back of his neck. Seth spun around, cursing when he saw Apollo standing right there. As in, he’d zapped himself into the room practically on top of him.

“Gods,” he barked. “There’s at least eight hundred square feet in here, buddy, you didn’t need to land on my ass.”

Apollo snickered as he folded his arms. “You called?”

“Who is he?” he asked just to make sure that his theory was right and the boy was who he thought he was.

There was a pause. “Jessamine Blakely.”

Seth stared at him as irritation spun up like a high-speed cyclone. “I’ve figured that out. Thanks.”

“Is that so? By the way, you’re off to a good start with this whole ‘protecting him’ thing. Are you doing it remotely? Is that a new ability of yours I’m unaware of?” He turned, tilting his head to the side. He seemed to be staring at the chain hanging from the ceiling fan. Seconds later, he confirmed this by reaching out and tugging the chain.

Light clicked on.

He tugged the chain again.

Light went off.

“Apollo,” he snapped.

Seeming to have forgotten he was even in the room with him, he lowered his hand slowly. “You haven’t asked the correct question, boy.”

“He's not a half or a pure. He feels like a mortal, but he…” Seth shook his head, turning away.

“What, Seth?” Apollo asked softly.

He couldn’t believe he was going to say this, after all this time, but Apollo wasn’t going to feed him any information. That wasn’t how he rolled. Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes. “He looked… he reminded me of Alex.”He cleared his throat and continued. “Not completely. Different hair. Different nose and eyes, but he even sounded like him for a second.” Seth laughed, and it sounded harsh. “If I didn’t know better, I’d think they were somehow related, but that’s not possible. Right?” He still wanted to think that he was wrong.

There was no answer as Apollo stared at him, and then he lost it.

“It’s not possible, Apollo.”

“I’m not surprised that he reminds you of Alexander.”

For a moment, he couldn’t move or say anything. He stumbled a step back and waited for him to say something else, anything else.

“What is he?” he rasped, tensing up.

“He is a demigod.”

“A demigod?” he repeated like he’d just learned to speak a few seconds ago. “A real, live demigod?” “There hasn’t been a true demigod in thousands of years—not since mortals worshiped the gods.”

“That’s true. We agreed not to create anymore when we retreated to Olympus, but what is also true is that he's not the only one.”

“There are demigods roaming the Earth? You know, this might have been good to know a year or so ago, when we all were getting our asses kicked.” Demogods were major ass-kickers. “Wait. This doesn’t make sense. I felt nothing around that boy. He sure as hell didn’t act like a demigod".

“We knew the moment you were born that there would be the possibility of a God Killer. We didn’t know who among us was responsible for your birth, but we knew they’d want to use you for their own gain.”

“This walk down history lane is boring me.” Seth crossed his arms.

“We agreed we had to do something,” he continued. Something none of us had done in thousands of years. We created twelve demigods. Before they were born, their abilities were bound so that they, until needed, would be nothing more than mortal. We couldn’t have demigods running in the mortal world. Sadly, we don’t know where all of them are."

“How in the hell do you not know where they are?”

“When we bound their abilities, it also blocked us from sensing them. Over the years, we’ve been able to keep track of a few of them. It really depended on the god who created them and how interested they were in keeping tabs. Many weren’t.”

“Yeah, because you guys suck at parenting"

“Can’t argue that. But, we’re actively searching for them. Two that we did keep track of went missing about three weeks ago. They disappeared. Poof. Gone. We suspect that the Titans have something to do with their disappearance”

Seth narrowed his eyes, trying to keep up with the whole information. where the hell was i when all this happened?

"They will capture them and feed off them until they are at full strength and the demigods… Well, they will be nothing of what they used to be.” He sighed. “Jess needs to be safely stowed away at the Covenant.”

“Because he is an untrained, weak, virtually mortal demigod?”

“Mortals are not always weak, Seth. You will be wise to realize that."

“Whatever. I need to head back and have a little chat with your lovely demigod child about his real identity which i am pretty sure it will not end as planned. But hey, nothing ever ends as planned when the Gods are involved" he rasped.

Apollo didn't say another word, just vanished in thin air as soon as Seth finished their conversation. He needed to prepare to face the boy who had no clue in what kind of shit he was already into without doing anything yet.

----------------------------------------------------------

As he promised, Seth parked his car, a black Chevrolet Camaro, leaning on it's hood, as he was waiting for the boy to come out from classes. He needed to figure out how to tell him about everything because he just could get everything out like 'hei, im Seth a God Killer and you are a Demigod who should kill alongside other demigods a bunch of Titans'. That would be too messed up and shitty thing to do because next thing that would happen would be him in a mental hospital. And that was not an option.

And... he was gone again. Just leaving behind a threat that someone was in trouble. But why? Was this guy some kind of hitman or in a gang?

It wasn't something people usually said so casually that they were going to kick someone's ass, unless he was just trying to be a tough guy by talking big.

Though something told Jess otherwise, that this guy was not kidding and that he could be in fact, very dangerous.

He shouldn't get involved with these things, but life was so dull he couldn't help but be intrigued. He'd never had so much excitement in a span of five minutes with this stranger than his whole damn life.

"See you later then..."

He muttered, but Seth was already long gone.

During his classes Jess found it even harder than usual to pay attention. He felt anxious for them to be over, but they dragged on. What if that guy got bored of waiting and just left? Or what if this whole thing was just some sick joke in the first place and he wasn't even going to be there waiting for him?

He shouldn't get his hopes up over something that didn't even seem hardly real...

But finally the moment of truth, classes had ended and he could see if this guy was for real or not.

And low and behold, there was Seth waiting by his... holy shit. That was a really sick looking car.

He found himself being drawn over and paying more attention to it then Seth at first until he remembered his manners and coughed slightly.

"Nice car..."

Seth was starting to lose patience , but when he saw that some students started o walk outside the University wooden doors, so he decided to wait a little longer, even though he wasn't a patient guy. Looking around the campus, making sure that he wasn't fallowed by any shadow or what the hell the Titans had in hand to send on spying, he didn't see nor feel the boy's presence until the other spoke.

"Hugh? Oh ... Thanks " he said uncomfortable, clearing his voice. “Look, we didn’t get off to a good start yesterday.My name is Seth” , he said as he shoved his hand out. He needed to gain the boy's trust and find somehow the best moment to launch out the reason he was here after him. It wasn't going to be easy, but who said it would be? Not everyday you get some weirdo to come up to you and tell you you are not normal.

"Nice to meet you."

Jess shook his hand with a surprisingly strength given how small he was, but looks can be deceiving as Seth already probably knew about all too well.

"So... you go to class here or are you just some crazy stalker I never knew about?"

The male was teasing as evident by the smile tugging up his lips, the first one that had emerged in a very long time.

So what if Seth was just some weird guy? Finally he had something to do with his life after school instead of just studying or sitting around being bored out of his mind.

If Seth drove a car like that how uneventful could his life be? He probably went to parties every night and knew everyone. Or at least the people worth knowing around here.

"I am no student of this fortress" he said pointing to the building behind the boy, his smile fainting as he remembered Apollos mocking words to that idea. Shacking his head slowly and sighing he returned to focus on his main purpose for which he arrived. He had to find a way to tell the other what he really was and what was going to happen from now on.

"Can i get you home?" he asked hopping that the other didn't find it to weird his proposal. That way, they would be out from open space, and Jess would be more comfortable to talk there than in any other public place. Or at least that's what he was hopping. "It's a nice ride" he added pointing his care, having a small smirk on his face, knowing that the other really liked his car. He could tell from the others look on it.

"I didn't think so..."

Jess couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. Seth really just didn't look like your typical student at all. So he was right after all.

"You're giving me a ride?"

Hm, hadn't his mother warned him countless times as a kid that you were never supposed to accept a free ride from a stranger? But surely Seth did not count as one since he already knew the guy's name and stuff.

Oh, well. He'd take his chances then. Nodding his head a bit too eagerly as he climbed into the passenger side. It was just as impressive on the inside of the car as the outside. But he didn't dare touch anything.

He gave Seth the directions to his house, already his mood had gone up just from getting a ride home like this. He was grinning softly, but yet he was still too shy to ask the other any other questions or start a conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

The drive was quiet on both sides. Seth didn’t know how to start a conversation. He wasn’t much of a talkative person, especially not with half human half demigod. Sighing he turned left as the GPS was telling him, turning on the radio. A little bit of music might loosen up the mood.

“So …. Have you noticed something strange around this parts?” he asked cursing after in his head for being so stupid. Way to go jack ass … what kind of question is that? Don’t I have something better in my brain dead head? Mending his voice he continue. “What I meant was that, I heard that a lot of strange things started to happened in different parts of the world and was wondering if here happened something like … meteor rain, or multiple rainbows, crazy ass things like that” he continued shrugging.

He so hopped that this conversation wasn’t as weird as it started because than it would have been all in vain if the guy was going to panic. He would blow his cover and all the main plan to get this little guy out to the University.

"Actually... yes. There have been many strange occurrences. Mostly weather phenomena. But the government has been trying to keep things quiet and assure it's just freak weather... but others think there is some bigger conspiracy going on... but I probably sound crazy, right?"

Jess laughed nervously, he didn't know what the other would think. But he had brought it up so why not be honest with him?

"Some say they think the world is going to end, that this is the only the start of the Armageddon."

He listen carefully and with interest. Apparently the humans tried to cover all up not panicking the rest of the population, otherwise chaos would had happened. The blondy here had a point. It was the beginning of the end, but only if you don't wake your demigodes powers and entumbe the titans, he thought paying attention to the road.

"I don't think it's crazy or that you are crazy. Every person is free to think whatever they want" he shrugged turning to a dead silence. Lucky, the destination was just ahead of them, as they entered the town and pulled over to the boys house. As they got out, he looked around feeling a little bit strange.

"With who are you living?" he asked looking towards the house, sensing weird vibes.

"Uhhh... just my mom and dad..."

Jess murmured not sure why Seth had asked the question like that.

"Is something wrong?"

It was as if he too could sense the strange vibes, or in sensing the other's unease made him suspicious as well.

"... You know something more about all this, don't you?"

Jess suddenly blurted this out without even thinking how Seth would react to that accusation. Even faster was when the male quickly threw open the car door and ran for the house, not even thinking he was heading straight for danger.

"Mom! Dad!"

"Jess!" he shout after the boy but the other already sprinted towards the house. "You stupid ass, don't run like that ... it can be dangerous ..." He ran after him and once he was in the house he almost bumped into the other but managed to stop right behind him looking confused. Lifting his gaze he saw two parents acting as normal as possible but different at the same time. How could that be possible, no idea, but they were acting kind of strange. Imagine the old black-white movies that showed the perfect family, but it was a horror, and at some point the family members were slowly replaced with parasites. Shacking his head Seth tried to focus again.

"Honey dear .... welcome home ... I've backed you your favorite. Oh, you brought a friend. Please sit down and feel like home" , said the lady near the oven with her back at them. that should be the mother and .... that over there should be the father .... hmmm ... strange .... they don't seem alike .... not even with the mother, Seth thought as he was walking towards the table, keeping his guard up. This wasn't right and he knew it, but he just couldn't figure out what.

"Nice to meet you mam, sir .... I'm a friend of your son" started Seth, trying to pretend to be as normal as possible. The father didn't say a word, being too concern to read the paper. Again, a strange behavior towards a new person that came in your house. This was definitely wrong.

Looking at the women that was still with her back to them, he tried to take a look at her, and for a brief second he could see her eyes, which were black holes just like daimons. Lowlife demons who possess people and dry them of all living energy. "We need to leave ... now ... This aren't your parents" he said in a whispered, bend down a little, keeping an eye on the two corpse. Because that's what they were now. Nothing but dead corpse.

“…Mom…? …. Dad…?”

Even Jess could sense that something was very off putting here. Why were his parents seeming to move so slowly, like something out of a moving picture.

The male slowly backed into Seth, startling at the movement. Being so jumpy wasn’t normal for him, this strange scene meeting him at home had put him on edge.

His mother didn’t speak like that… and why hadn’t his father said hello the way he usually did? And since when did his dad love to read the newspaper so much? And at this hour of the day when it was supposed to be dinner time?

There were already hints of anxiety in Jess’s eyes as he stuck close to Seth’s side, suddenly feeling more comfortable in his new friend then his parents he had thought he had known his whole life but were suddenly more like the strangers to him.

Jess swallowed thickly and all he could do was nod his head in response as he slowly started to back away towards the door, trying to stay calm.

Seth got up and was about to get out the room along with Jess but apparently the daimons had other plans for them. In a split second a knife flew right in front of Seth in the wall in front of him, near the door to the hall. "Now where do you think you're going?" asked the daimon in Jess's mother. "Wherever the hell away from you" said Seth narrowing his eyes. "Jess go .... I'm right behind you" he said pushing the boy towards the door , lifting his arm and summon all his akashi energy that he had to bolt the daimons away from them.

The two were throw aback, giving Seth some time to ran out the house. Just when they were reaching the car an earthquake started and the earth where the house was split in two, letting out a giant gray titan. The creature drifted outside the earth trying to reach us but he was still crawling outside the whole. "Shit. Hyperion ..." he said to himself recognizing the titan who was entombed by Apollo and now was after his kid for vengeance. A kid who didn't know about this world and today all that shit fell apart on his head.

"Get in the car!" he turned and yelled to the boy, throwing flashes of light, which was pure energy, in other words akasha in order to startle him. "Is that all you got? You're tickling me little God Killer" said the titan in a growled voice, reaching for Seth but he managed to doge him and attack him again. "It was only a warm up titan"

This time Seth reached the car and started the engine, driving away from the house. "Visiting time is over .... Now is business time" he said, blocking the doors in the car. "I need to get you safe and away from this place" continued Seth, turning and hitting the gas , almost flying with the car on the road. "You cannot escape me Apollyon! Not you nor that little desert there" screamed the titan his menace but they were way far away, already exiting for the highway.

Checking the side mirrors and the back one, Seth made sure that they weren't fallowed so his tense muscles got a little relaxed, but his body was still on guard for any case. He punched the wheel cursing and mumbling in another language. It was Greek language that he was cursing. Cursing that he got messed up in this situation again, cursing Apollo for not thinking this at all, and cursing the fact that karma hat a twisted way of fucking with him again. The situation was too damn repetitive and he didn't liked the end.

Jess yelped when the knife hit the wall and stuck there, just narrowly missing his head. He then let out a loud curse as he torn open the door to make a run for it!

But then... hadn't he been the one to make this terrible wish that was coming true?

He wished life weren't so boring and that something thrilling would happen and now look at what his stupid wish had done... his parents were gone and life was getting turned upside down.

Was it really because of this Seth guy? Was he even someone who he could trust in this mess?

He was going to keep running and running, just abandon the guy he knew so little about but then that would make him an even bigger coward. And he was tired of being a scared weakling.

So Jess stood outside anxiously waiting for the other male to hurry up and join him until the ground suddenly starting to shake and then split between the earth, revealing an even huger monster.

"What the hell is that?!"

He thought out loud, his eyes wide as he bolts to the side to avoid the creature while still keeping his attention on the other.

"Seth!!!"

He yells loudly, thinking the other is going to get himself killed. Some kind of crazy suicide mission to mess with a literal titan awoken from sleep beneath the earth.

Jess sprints to the car and practically throws himself inside and once they are both in he grips down on the seat tightly as Seth floors it and they are speeding off down the road, leaving behind his home in nothing but broken pieces.

He's so lost, but yet all his mind can focus on right now is survival. Questioning and pain will hit him later once the adrenaline wears off.

"I... I... I've gone fucking crazy... haven't I...?"

Maybe this was all just a terrible dream, a nightmare he would soon awaken from to find himself safe and snug in his bed with his mother and father waiting for him downstairs for breakfast.

As they drove the adrenalin started to flow out from the boy, letting out only panic. Seth sighed knowing that this moment would come but he never calculated that the titan would come after the boy himself. This was a first, but having demigods on earth was still a first. How the hell did they end up in this mess?

Seth was still caught in his inner thoughts when he heard the biy speak. A normal statement in this situation. He was happy that the other did as he was told back there and didnt ask questions or worst, faint. "You're not crazy. That what you saw was real" he started to speak trying to think from where he could start the storytelling. "I'm sure you're familiar with the greek hiatory and gods knowledge. That back there was a titant. Short history story, titans were entombed by the gods a few years ago, hell, hundreds of years, and now they manage to escape and they want revenge" he started to talk looking at the boy who was looking even more paniced and confused aswell. "Deep breaths little one" he said showing a small smile, trying to comfort the boy.

Jess sucked in a sharp breath, inhaling in the oxygen almost greedily to hold it in before finally letting it out in shaking breath.

"... This can't be happening... Those Greek myths are just stories... I really am crazy... you're crazy...!"

He yells to himself, suddenly pinching his arm violently as if trying to wake himself up from this nightmare.

"...THIS ISN'T HAPPENING TO ME!"

"Were do you think the stories come from", he said taking the highway in order to shorten their trip. They really needed to reach the academy, making sure that the boy was safe. He kind of felt sorry for the little one. Living in a boring world, not knowing anything about the gods existence, not to mention the titans, thinking that it was all just myths and not real stuff, and now he was in the center off it all, all alone. He was still amazed that the boy didn't had a mentally break down. Apparently he was a tough one. Or at least he hoped so.

"Jess, calm down" he said laying his hand on the others shoulder trying to pay attention to the road as well. "Deep breaths .... come one ... Deep breaths .... that's it" he pat the other on the shoulder hopping he would calm. He knew it was a dump hope, but still. He also knew that it was a lot to dig in. First, he lost his parents, second, he saw the titan and almost was crashed, and third he was alone. even though i am still here ... not sure for how long

"Look .... Continuing with the story short. You're not a normal human. You're a demigod. I know it all sounds crazy and unbelievable, but this kind of things do exists. You were born from a mortal mother and a god. Those people back there weren't your real parents. I'm sorry that i have to tell you that. I don't know what happened with your real mother. All i know is that your father hired me to protect you and drive you to the safe place. The titans are free and because you're a demigod, you have the power along with others to entomb them again. That's why they are after your and most likely after the others", he sighed heavily knowing that the other will freak out even more.

"Feel free to ask me anything you want" he said in a softer voice, looking from time to time at the boy.

"GEE, I DON'T FUCKING KNOW. HEY WOULDN'T IT BE FUNNY IF THEY CAME FROM FANTASY, BECAUSE YOU KNOW, THAT'S WHY THEY CALL THEM STORIES?!?!"

Okay, maybe Jess was loosing it now. That mental breakdown Seth had worked so hard to avoid was now surfacing out in full swing of insanity.

"SURE JUST CALM DOWN CRAZY JESSAMINE. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WHOLE LIFE JUST GOT TURNED UPSIDE DOWN BECAUSE SOME BASTARD WITH A SICK RIDE HAD TO PICK YOU UP FROM UNIVERSITY LIKE ANY OTHER FUCKING DAY OF THE WEEK!"

However, when Seth gently touched his arm and told him to take deep breaths, that's exactly what Jess did. Inhaling in shakingly at first, but getting more steady and calm with each breath he took, as if he were exhaling his stress.

"Okay... Okay... I'm just a demigod now, no big deal or anything... Everything's cool... I'm not going insane..."

He reassured himself out loud as he sunk back in his seat and his gaze turned to the changing landscape outside the car window, just staring at it in silence for a long time without saying anything again until his lips parted again.

"I hate you... but I also thank you. Fuck my biological father for putting you up to this too."

Jess said with a smile, already feeling a bit better getting that off his chest. He had yearned for an adventure and now he had gotten himself one, this was going to be one wild ride.

"SURE JUST CALM DOWN CRAZY JESSAMINE. IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WHOLE LIFE JUST GOT TURNED UPSIDE DOWN BECAUSE SOME BASTARD WITH A SICK RIDE HAD TO PICK YOU UP FROM UNIVERSITY LIKE ANY OTHER FUCKING DAY OF THE WEEK!"

"Maybe i am a bastard but at least i am a good looking bastard" he said trying to make a little bit of fun while the other was still trying to process everything that was happening to him. "And its a pretty damn sick car" he admitted wile putting up a cocky smile.

The statement the other made about him made him laugh along with the hate towards Apollo. "I have the same problem with your dad but i think he kind of like it to fuck around. So i wouldn't recommend that" he said laughing, imagining the boy saying that to Apollo. wonder how he would react ... perfectly normal for him ...

"I bet you are hungry and want to take a break from all of this. We can make a stop and i'll stay on guard" he said as he was exiting the road to a motel which had also a restaurant. He was hungry as well, but stopping as they were chased wasn't a good idea, but they couldn't continue on an empty stomach and if the case fight. He needed energy.

• Saga locked this topic