Why to many Girl like Yaoi ?

현애

hmmm..i think girls just really want to.. i mean, yaoi is made(maybe) for girls as well as gays(no offense)..hahaha.. and i'm a girl and im proud of it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lotusflower

• sarah3161

• gaga

• smi_WonKyuest

Yaoi is more intense than normal... as for me, I'm married... i got more aroused in yaoi.. it can't be helped Yaoi is also made for girls... my husband doesn't know where i got all the ideas to pleasure him.. hahah

well maybe because girls too envy seeing the hot cool perfect bishi get paired with annoying girl in shoujo manga, and then they prefer to see the hot cool perfect bishi with another bishi in this case YAOI

or maybe its just my own reason :):)

yoyo7 It is like eating ice cream on a hot day, except instead of ice cream, you have two hot guys. And it never cools down. :cuteonion57: :cuteonion41:

I kinda agree with the whole "guys like lesbians, so girls should like gay men" idea, but most girls I've talked to on a daily basis are disgusted by the idea of two men making out. Now this is just me, but I'm turned off by men that act really flamboyant. With yaoi, that doesn't always seem to happen at all too much. They just seem like common people living their lives in privacy the best the can (secrecy thing) or the situations & actions of some seem completely ridiculous (kinda like how Usagi-san acts in his daily life). That is what attracts me to yaoi. Then again, this is coming from a guy, so I don't know if woman share any similar point of view, lol.

• 3 weeks later...
I thought about this for quite a while now (because i've been reading yaoi and slash fiction since the age of 12) and some people have already asked me why *I* like it. I can't speak for all members of my gender though.

I myself like yaoi because I like to see romances between equal partners. In real life I life in a relationship in which I'm even the stronger part from time to time and it really pisses me off that in most heterosexual relationships in literature and TV there's always this image of the soft, innocent, needy woman that desperately searches a men to guide her through life. I know that not all non-yaoi romances are like that but you can't deny that it takes more time to find a story without this huge gap between the partners. For that reason i don't like strongly pronounced seme/uke-pairings. In my opinion it's far more interesting to read like "Koisuru Boukun" where both parties are somewhat "seme" except for sex.

I agree with this. I think one of the reasons why women like yaoi and bl is that there isn't the typical male dominance in the relationships like most het stories would have. Although this type of imbalance or gap between two people is still apparent in seme/uke situations but there are still some stories that don't have that, which is refreshing.

Basically yaoi/bl caters to women erotica because of the drama, excitement, and sometimes angst that girls are interested in reading/watching. I also think if you were to replace one of the characters in yaoi/bl (typically the uke) as a woman instead of a man, girls would feel like the uke is being taken advantage of or being dominated. (I'm just speculating so I may not be right about this.) I do wonder though, if for instance if you were to take a yaoi or bl story but just replace the uke as a woman, would you still read/watch it?? I'm having a hard time imagining if I would myself....I think one of the main reasons I would be uncomfortable about it is the problem with accidental/ unplanned pregnancy...

Oh also forgot to add that I think people of the same sex would be able to understand eachother better than a man trying to understand a woman and vice versa. I really don't like stories where the different sexes have a hard understanding eachother. I think (in my sick mind) that there may be less relationship problems if more people went gay, les, or bi~

I agree with this. I think one of the reasons why women like yaoi and bl is that there isn't the typical male dominance in the relationships like most het stories would have. Although this type of imbalance or gap between two people is still apparent in seme/uke situations but there are still some stories that don't have that, which is refreshing.

Basically yaoi/bl caters to women erotica because of the drama, excitement, and sometimes angst that girls are interested in reading/watching. I also think if you were to replace one of the characters in yaoi/bl (typically the uke) as a woman instead of a man, girls would feel like the uke is being taken advantage of or being dominated. (I'm just speculating so I may not be right about this.) I do wonder though, if for instance if you were to take a yaoi or bl story but just replace the uke as a woman, would you still read/watch it?? I'm having a hard time imagining if I would myself....I think one of the main reasons I would be uncomfortable about it is the problem with accidental/ unplanned pregnancy...

Oh also forgot to add that I think people of the same sex would be able to understand eachother better than a man trying to understand a woman and vice versa. I really don't like stories where the different sexes have a hard understanding eachother. I think (in my sick mind) that there may be less relationship problems if more people went gay, les, or bi~

I was thinking about this before. I think that society tells/suggests that women behave in a certain submissive manner... but with yaoi, I think it caters to women so much because we often subconsciously place ourselves in the position of the uke and/or seme. In other words, we like the balance offered of personal autonomy but the willingness to be dominated by another. OR for women who want to dominate, that fantasy is available as well. It's a very liberal genre where women can seem liberated, dominated, and dominating, all at the same time....

• 11 months later...

yah better see naked men than naked women. naked boys are more interesting for girl. may be something like that. I don't like ecchi manga whit big oppai girl. but I like hard core yaoi very much.

I can't speak for the rest of women, because why should I?

But for me it's because the idea of two men I find attractive doing it is hot.

yoyo3

~Megs

Okay, its a simple question with complicated answer. Well aside from I like bishies getting all hot and steamy, I believe that yaoi is true love. I mean are people aware of the theory that love is created for the sole purpose of the survival of the species? Long ago, we are in the verge of extinction. That's why human evolve and they became aware of complex emotions and love is one of them. It is said that love develop for the sole purpose of making procreation bearable or enjoyable to both parties. To make this complicated answer short boyxboy relationship is not bound by that theory. Both parties are truly in love and not just bound by the call of the instinct to procreate that people nowadays call love.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally love it~! Though I also like it when two girls are together too so...

I'm just a sexual person in general I think :hamtaro-005 (5):

Straight or Gay. Sexy people doing sexy things is all delicious!! cheetah8

I'm not gonna write a book here like some of you did.

Me and the others girls probably love yaoi because it's AWESOME and HOT!!!

That's all there is to it! :hamtaro-005 (6):

• 2 weeks later...

Once a friend of mine saw me reading yaoi manga, just when a sex sceen started. When she asked me, what I like about it, I said, there are TWO NAKED MEN! that it's like a bonus, like if you want to buy somthing and you get one extra piece for free. And she just looked at me and said: "That's true."

• 1 month later...

In my opinion I enjoy manly parts just flipping around!!

Hahaha no no just kidding, I can't even give you a straight answer because I have no idea I just do xD