Why to many Girl like Yaoi ?

현애

Being honest here.... *blush*

I have a very dear friend to me, and yes he is gay...

I've seen him go thru hell ih his relantionships, and being happy and in love(thank god he's like that right now).

I met him at one of my works, and at the time he was in a relantionship with our manager, and yes i caught them....doing it!*BEET RED*

Since then i can honestly say nothing shocks me anymore...

But when i started reading manga, yaoi manga to that, i felt totally and completely at ease with it...

It was not my first aproach, and it looked so sexy and hot as hell O__O...

I've spoken about this to many many people, many of them said..."that's gay stuff right...weuh", i'm not ashamed and i'm not afraid, but i also have means to it, i understand why most of you can't...

I'm a full grown up woman, i'm married, and i'm so completely crazy and wierd people just doesn't care anymore...

About Yaoi, yes i love it...

And yes i am a girl, so what?!

I love yaoi, there isn't a day passes by that i don't read a manga, a new one or an old one...

I love this so much, i get turned on, i get sentimental, i laugh and i cry(Destiny.Fate and goki's story is a good example of it), but makes me happy, so why shouldn't i just because i'm a girl...

No way in hell, dears friends, this just comes with the package...

You like it, you take it...If you don't, then i don't give a damn...

Gender as nothing to do with it...tha't's what i think...what's hot will always be hot :p

*sorry about the "will"* :p

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lotusflower

• sarah3161

• gaga

• smi_WonKyuest

I think that everyone told what I think about this question.

I used to enjoy straight love stories; but since I've read a yaoi manga, I can't bear it anymore. It can sometimes disgust me...(I mean, explicit scenes BoyXGirl = Hentai) 3_3

Maybe Yaois are a reflection of what we would like to do with another guy (Mmmh... Can I interpret it this way?) Seme or Uke that is. :hamtaro-005 (6):

However, when people are shocked because I like Yaoi, I just answer: "I feel the same as you with what turns you on." Mah, that's a personal feeling..!

Besides, I agree with people telling that Yaoi's only targets are women. I mean magakas are mostly women drawing for other women. But I think some guys may be interested in it too (well, I guess :p)

All I have to say is WHO LOVES YAOI, eat Yaoi! And if you don't, it's ok. I won't blame you, but LET US ENJOY! (and go enjoy yourself with what you like)

And this question is quite interesting :D Thank you for asking!

im not really surprised at women reading yaoi, since it's directed at them, or gays reading it since well it's hot and it's boy on boy action, it's only natural :\

but what did surprise me, few gay people i know online told me that they prefer yuri.. yes, gay men told me they prefer yuri, girl on girl, and even told me how the story and all is better than yaoi.. so what do you guys think about it? i haven't read yuri yet and i don't plan to in recent future, not cause im disgusted (am not), just that it doesn't interest me in the slightest, girls are boring, hehe :p (im a girl btw :p)

• Like 1

:hamtaro-005 (5):But what about us guys that like too. I mean all resons seem to be right to and I like the cute boys too. I like the love in the anime and manga it just feels more real to me.:hamtaro-005 (23): Give me yaoi over anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I love yaoi more because of the love stories in there! ^^ It's so dreamy and has this 'pink aura' whenever I read yaoi manga >.

Shoujo love stories are so typical and I must say, sometimes it is so boring *not all*. And also, the love stories made me wonder if that kind of love might exist in the real world. I just wish it might. I want someone who I love so much, together with him having a life in one of those stories :)

• Like 1

I thought about this for quite a while now (because i've been reading yaoi and slash fiction since the age of 12) and some people have already asked me why *I* like it. I can't speak for all members of my gender though.

I myself like yaoi because I like to see romances between equal partners. In real life I life in a relationship in which I'm even the stronger part from time to time and it really pisses me off that in most heterosexual relationships in literature and TV there's always this image of the soft, innocent, needy woman that desperately searches a men to guide her through life. I know that not all non-yaoi romances are like that but you can't deny that it takes more time to find a story without this huge gap between the partners. For that reason i don't like strongly pronounced seme/uke-pairings. In my opinion it's far more interesting to read like "Koisuru Boukun" where both parties are somewhat "seme" except for sex.

Nezu is absolutely right. It's the same for men. In my case, I always felt curious how 2 men felt, bec although I've gay friends, I'd never dare to ask how's their sex life.... and also bec the semes are so cruel & protective at the same time.....

grlz like it bcoz it's sumthin diffrent 4rm the nrmal..... wht's the fun in wtching guy and girl love storiezz again and again.... everyone wnts to try nw thingz in their lyf (aftrall lyf iz abt exploring nw thingz) and yaoi iz one step 2wrdzz it..... and i agree with umeda shiro, asian hve that beauty and charisma.....

• 4 months later...

I really like yaoi, but I prefer a good storyline, if it has both then it is awesome.

I've recently noticed that in the ones without a storyline, and some that do, the things they say are just really weird, I keep thinking "Nobody would really say that" and some of the things that happen are just really random.

I don't really know why I like yaoi, I just think it's cute, I also like straight couples but most of the time the girl is really annoying and whiney -_-

I'm another sucker for "forbidden love". You don't only see it in homosexual love stories, but you always see it in homosexual love stories. Other great examples would be Ponyo/The Little Mermaid, The Birdcage (the kids), True Blood. All different mediums and themes, but all featuring some form of forbidden love. Love that overcomes all obstacles feels heartfelt and inspiring. All of those were also heterosexual examples.

I have read some great plot lines in heterosexual hentai, but I find way more interesting plot lines in yaoi much more consistently. Plus, in the sexual area, it's like a double-dose of goodness. Men (in America) fantasize about and encourage women to be sexual with other women. My sexuality exists and I see the exact same thing as being something that interests me, except that it's flipped around. Men openly and unabashedly crave watching women be intimate together, so it seems only natural to me that women would be interested in seeing men together.

The reason why girls find yaoi appealing is probably the same reason why guys like watching two girls!:) Yaoi characters are always beautiful and attractive, and I've noticed that yaoi has wayy better love scenes and they are not "sappy" like hetro anime. I enjoy all anime but I enjoy yaoi the most:) It is totally mesmerizing!!!

Yaoi is made by females to young females, just like yuri. I think, that's why. And, maybe, because it shows forbidden love, forbidden things, which are exciting for women. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Because it's so damn hot and sexy :3onion15: Well in my opinion at least LOL

I don't know - there's just something about two boys/men together that I like. Probably because they are all so pretty in the mangas and anime LOL

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Well, it's about two hot guys doing 'naughty things' heh heh, what girl wouldn't want to read/watch that...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, for me because..

1. I got bored with shoujo romantic story (every shoujo story is very typical story and most the main character of shoujo are annoying, only a few shoujo manga that I like for example Fujioka Haruhi from Ouran High School Club)

2. Yaoi love story is very innocent, simple, cute and interesting

3. The character feel in love is simply has more reasonable and understandable (that I rarely find it in shoujo manga)

4. Forbidden love is more interesting than normal love

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Cuz it's romantic :DD and you get to see some scenes that boyxgirl relationships don't have. And the guys are hot :D and we get to see them makeout XD and I lurve those love scenes :msn_red_fox 6

• Like 1

well ... as for me ... um .. its exciting ...

hahaha

but i cant imagine if two hot guys really doing it ...

kyaaa

let me join please ... :D

*plakk*

• Like 1

Well....It's written by women for women thats why some off the men are "unrealistic" (unrealistically gorgeous) They don't go buy the thankfully depleting opinion of how men "should be" there pretty,emotionally and don't express there feelings with anger like in shoujo manga's and yus with the other comments there is something beautiful about boyslove ^^ -que holy music-

• Like 1