~Lover in arms ~ with hal7283

mik3la

Tomoe listen carefully what the other said. It would appear that he was the only one with his memory intact from the lab experiments. Even Lloyd hat his memory removed or implanted to thing that bull shit about the good that the Government wants to do for the world. When the boy started babbling Tomoe felt a little insecure and afraid of the other. It was like he was going crazy about his name.

He fallowed the other on their way to the cells to get dressed. "The outside world is not what they say it is" he started talking in a low voice knowing that the other could hear him very well. " The Government is the bad guy in all this power game. They are afraid that they might lose the citizens and that's why they want new soldiers that can tamed the population to do what they want and whoever is against it they end up dead" he said remembering his parents die because of that. He stopped in front of his cell door. "Nothing that they say it's true. Think for a second and you will figure it out" he put up a sad smile and entered his room, starting to change in the clean clothes they had prepared.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• hal7283

Lloyd listened quietly at what Tomoe had to say, and found little reason to object to anything. After all he'd never seen the outside world for himself, so whether it's the governments version which they planted in his head, or the version which Tomoe had just told him, they were all just distant stories which didn't matter to him. What mattered was the life in the lab, his purpose of being the Doctor's subject, and perhaps, Tomoe, who he found himself being drawn to for unknown reasons. He parted ways with Tomoe and returned to his own room to get dressed. While their numbers are hundreds of digits apart their room was actually not that far away, as they often just change the room number once the test subject of that number proved to be a failure and was discarded, or killed in a test. In any case after Lloyd got dressed he left his room once more and went to Tomoe's cell, as usual letting the guard to open the door for him.

Lloyd scratched his head and asked "Sorry to interrupt again but...it's not like there's a lot to do around here."

"Sorry to interrupt again but...it's not like there's a lot to do around here."

He turned and saw the other standing in the door way. Tomoe smiled, amused that the other found his company as pleasant as he founded his. He sat on the bed, hitting the place near him for the other to join him. '

"I don't mind. A little company is always welcomed in a place like this" he smiled waiting for the boy to sit next to him. "Lloyd .... I wanted to ask you something " he started to speak, blushing instantly. It was odd for him to ask such questions or even think about them after all he's been through, but Lloyds company or simple touch wasn't bothering him.

"Don't you feel that, sometimes you just want to break the rules in here?" he said it in a whisper thinking that the walls hat ears. "I mean ... Are you not tired of all the experiments on you and the endless fights? Don't you want to do something YOU want for once?" he asked lifting his iced-blue eyes to the other, hoping that somewhere in there was still a little human conscious left and not just the implemented ideas. He has to have his free will trapped somewhere inside him.

Seeing Tomoe's invitation Lloyd approached and sat beside him, be it a bit awkwardly. He looked around the small cell room trying to figure out what to do in such a situation, but gladly Tomoe was quick to break the silence. He turned to look at Tomoe and listened carefully at what he said, then he fell silent. After a long thought process he looked Tomoe in the eye and answered: "I haven't. I have never tried to break any rules around here since I never felt the need to. I suppose that's partly because they grant me a lot of freedom within the facility so I never felt confined. But also because....why? Why would I want to? What can I possibly gain from breaking the rules that I can't get from obeying them? As for the fights, why would I be tired of them? It's my purpose to serve the doctor. While it's true that I sometimes prefer to stay in my room than to fight in the arena it's simply because it's easier. I don't want anything cause there's nothing to want for."

Lloyd paused for a second and thought about what he had just said, then he continued: "Actually...correction. I think I now do want something. I want you. I want to be around you. You're so different from everything else in the lab that it's... it's.... nice to be with you. I hope I get to fight you soon." Lloyd said and actually showed a slight smile: "Maybe you'll get to kill me."

Tomoe sight in despair hearing the other. How could he convince the other to escape with him? To come outside with him? He wouldn't listen. He was so programmed on this duty of his towards the facility and cause and that stupid Doctor that he cannot see that he was a pawn in a stupid game in which he might lose.

He blushed as the other heard how the other felt towards him. He was surprised and at the same time happy. He felt the same way but the smile from his face disappeared when the other ended with that comment.

"You're an idiot" he said biting his lower lip getting up from the bed starting to walk in the small room. "How can you say that? I cannot kill you. And not because you're stronger than me ... well , maybe because of that but because I like you and I can hurt you. That's what human means" he raised his voice feeling the urge to cry. "You're stupid if you think that I will kill you. I care about you Lloyd. How can you say that with a smile on the lips" he asked wiping his tear keeping his back to the other.

"I'm....I'm sorry if I've upset you..." Lloyd panicked as he saw Tomoe turning his back against him. He lowered his head and said: "I....I don't know... the lab, the experiments, they're all I know! They're who I am! I don't want to hurt you if I have a choice but I don't.....All I can hope is that maybe...maybe you'll be able to kill me, so I don't have to kill you."

Lloyd got up from the bed and walked towards the door. He said with his back faxing Tomoe: "I upset you whenever we meet... Maybe it's better if I stay away from you. Thanks, for saying that you care about me though." And with that said Lloyd left Tomoe and head back for his own cell. He lied on the floor and stared blankly at the ceiling. Suddenly the cell seemed so unbearably dull and quiet. He closed his eyes, and Tomoe's saddened tone kept echoing in his mind.

Tomoe throw the pillow in the door after the other was gone. He hatted him. Hatted the fact that he was liking him. Hatted the fact that he thought he was his friend but no. He was another minion he had to fight in the arena and nothing more. That's what Lloyd though which made him sick. How could he ignore the fact that they got closer, became friends . The other even helped him get passed his fears.

That night was a little tense and Tomoe couldn't sleep very well. He had nightmares which made his body temperature rise so high that he could die, but thanks to the experiments on him, he was stronger than that. The next day he woke up before the food came in. His head was hurting and also did his teeth. Apparently he clenched his teeth so hard last night.

Along with the food there was a note informing him that he needed to head to the arena after eating preparing for the next experimental fight. No other information was given. He wouldn't thought that his world will collide again.

Lloyd spent the night sleepless, not that he needed much rest. When the guards came with his breakfast he poured down the plain tasting paste quickly and headed for the arena as usual. He got in and waited. But unlike every other day his opponent didn't occur right away. He sharpened his senses suspecting that this time it's one of those Enhanced solider good at infiltration, but felt nothing.

"Where's my opponent?" Lloyd asked loudly.

"Ah don't worry Lloyd. He'll be here soon." The Doctor said through the speaker.

And a few moments latter a door appeared on the pure white walls, and when it opened Lloyd couldn't believe his eyes. It was Tomoe! He thought that this day would come, and even talked about it with him the night before, but he'd never thought the day would come this quickly.

A voice came from the speakers and announced loudly: "Commencing test: subject X-947, versus, subject..Lloyd."

Meanwhile in the observation room, the scientists had their eyes fixed on the monitor. One of them approached Claus and asked; "Chief, do you think Lloyd is going to kill him?'

Claus replied: "Maybe yes, maybe no. Either way will have lots of data on our hands." The smile on his face deepened and he muttered: "Let's see if the rebel can bring out your true potential."

Tomoe waited a little asleep for the doors to open and when they had before he could lift his eyes he heard the announced about the opponent which made him freeze, lifting his head up and see Lloyd in front of him. this is impossible ... how ... why .... They heard us ..., he narrowed his eyes looking up where the dark glass was knowing that THEY were watching. Turning his face back to Lloyd he tried to walk further till the center of the arena but he was like a robot. He never thought that this day would come, not to mention this short in hand.

"Lloyd ... we don't have to .... We can stop this .... We don't have to fight" he started to get in the boy some sense. He couldn't win this fight. Lloyd was more powerful than him in so many ways. He only hoped that the other will think the same as him and will listen to him.

"Sorry but I must." Lloyd said as expressions disappeared from his face, and there was nothing left in his ruby eyes but intention to kill. "If you don't fight back, then you'll die."

Before the last word of the sentence even reach Tomoe's ear Lloyd had dashed forward like a bullet. Within that fraction of a second Tomoe was already in arm's reach. He turned his upper body to the side and raised his fist, then he rotated his body and used that momentum to strike a punch. The tip of his fist quickly exceeded the speed of sound and created a sonic boom. It seemed inevitable that the punch would land.

Tomoe widen his eyes when he heard the others words and the kill in his eyes that he was in shock. He was caught out of guard by the attack and the only thing he could do was to pull out his metal claws to stop the punch but it was to powerful and blew him a few meters away in the air, making him land on his back. Coughing a few times because of the impact he looked back at the boy, concentrating himself. Once his eyes were red he was in full control.

"Lloyd .... please ...." he tried again to reach at the other by words but it was in vain. Seeing that the other was on his track he started to ran as fast as he could, jumping and trying to hit the other with his claws, but as he thought , the other was fast aswell. "I don't want to fight you" he said jumping back retracting his claws and removing his power, his eyes returning to his ice blue color. "kill me if you want but I wont fight you. You are my FRIEND!" he shouted not carrying that the others could hear him.

Lloyd began to chase Tomoe around the filed, already going faster than most of the test subjects he'd fought so far. He dodged most of the counter attacks of the metal claws but one managed to scratch his face, which was surprising considering most weapons can't even leave a mark. The wound quickly healed however and Lloyd continued his assault. Suddenly Tomoe put his guard down and Lloyd wasn't one to give up on such a good opportunity. "Too bad. If you tried harder you might have actually did some damage with those claws." Lloyd said coldly as he jumped forward and four mantis-like limbs extended from his back, each piercing through a limb of Tomoe and nailed him and continued on, smashing into the wall and sent dust and pieces of the wall flying. Without a moment of pause Lloyd raised his hand, the fingers melted together and extended, forming a long blade from the elbow down, and with a horizontal slash Lloyd aimed at Tomoe's neck.

"No...this can't be...!" A scientist exclaimed as he saw what's on the monitor with disbelief. Instead of seeing Tomoe's head got severed and sent flying, his head was still intact. The next moment the collar on Tomoe's neck broke in half and fell to the ground. Lloyd retracted the mantis-like blades back and caught Tomoe before he slipped down to the ground.

"Kill the opponent Lloyd. That's an order!" One of the scientists yelled through the monitor.

"No....I don't want to." Lloyd said as he stared at one of the cameras nearby.

"Ha ha....HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!" Suddenly Claus burst out laughing in the lab, and his laughter can be heard in the arena through the speakers as well. Surrounded by the astonished looks of the other scientists Claus got close to the microphone and asked: "Did I hear it correctly Lloyd? That you don't WANT to kill your opponent? Why? Because you like him? What about your mission? Your purpose?"

"I am loyal to you, doctor, to the country. I'm willing to fight and die for the Enhanced solider program. But Tomoe....I...I don't know...I just can't.. I can't." Lloyd said as he looked at Tomoe. He then turned back at the camera and said: "I'll do anything you ask, follow any order, just as usual.. As long as you let Tomoe go."

Claus chuckled slightly and said: "You know that's not how things works, Lloyd. Only one of you can get out of that room alive."

Lloyd fell silent. He turned back to look at Tomoe, at his beautiful face, at those beautiful ice blue eyes, and those purple hair which he can't seem to get tired of. He reached out his hand hesitantly and took a thread of purple hair, feeling the silk like textures in his fingers. He then said: "Then I'll die." He turned to look at Tomoe and showed an apologetic smile: "Sorry."

The next moment the mantis like limbs on Lloyd's back stretched out, and fell down all in unison, piercing himself in the chest. Lloyd let out a painful groan and coughed out blood. He pulled the limbs out and blood spilled out of the huge hole in his chest like a fountain, and he fell dead to the ground.

After a short silence one of the scientists announced: "Termination of X-094 confirmed. X-947 is victorious."

Don't worry just react to the situation. He's gonna come back in a moment

"Too bad. If you tried harder you might have actually did some damage with those claws."

Tomoe stand still closing his eyes waiting for the attack. He wouldn't fight the other. He just couldn't. As those mantis reached Tomoe he felt his entire body crack as he hit the wall. Coughing blood because of the power it had on his body he manage to look up at Lloyd as he was prepering for another attack on him. He smiled gently waiting for the final and deadly punch which in his surprise didn't come.

He opened his eyes only when the voice comented in the speakers and heard a smash near his neck. he .... he didn't killed me he thought happylly feeling his body feel but never reached the ground. Looking up he saw Lloyd holding him but the smiled faded as he heard the Doctors laugh and comments. He couldn't speak. The pain was still in his body, making even hard to move. He was happy that Lloyd didn't killed him, that only meant that the other cared about him and his hopes where responded. The boy admited that he wanted him alive but unfortunatly the others needed only one of them.

"No ... NO!" he said quickly trying to get up and get a grip of Lloyd but it was too late. "NOOOOOO!!!" he shout from all his heart crying when the other pierced his chest with his own weapons, his body falling to the ground surounded by blood. Hearing the final call he crawled to Lloyd moving his body holding his hand on his chest where the whole was and on the others face, crying. "LLOYD!!!!" he shout again in surrow and in that moment all glasses in the arena cracked and got smashed down. Only his crying sound was enough to do that. "Please .... come back! Why did you do that stupid!" he caresed his face shaking his body. The blood was on his clothes now like a cold shower making him realize the he will not recover.

He was angry. His eyes were burning in red and his claws were extended pointing his look up at the place where the Doctor and rest were watching. "MURDERERS!" he growled , his voice changed. He lost control of himself. It was too much to handle. First his parents now Lloyd. All his dear ones where gone and all because of them.

"X-947 is out of control! Damn it I told you to do the mental conditioning first!" One of the scientists yelled as he shouted at Claus, who just stared at Lloyd's bleeding body with a smirk on his face. Enraged by the lack of reaction from Claus the scientist yelled: "Neutralize the subject!"

The next moment several hatches opened on the ceiling of the arena, and began to fill the arena with some sort of gas. But with Tomoe's enhanced body the gas had little effect. Then several hoses occurred and began to spread a stream of white foam which quickly hardened to a solid mass, trapping part of Tomoe's body inside. While it did stalled him temporarily with Tomoe's enhanced strength it wouldn't take too long for him to break free again.

"Damn it! kill the damn subject! We have enough test data anyway!" The scientist roared, then several turrets occurred shooting fire that was quickly engulfing the entire arena. Even with Tomoe's enhanced healing he couldn't keep it up with the flames forever.

Just as it seemd that Tomoe was going to perish in the flames, the arena was filled by a deafening roar, causing the scientists in the observation room to hurriedly cover their ears, with exception to Claus, who pretty much glued himself to the monitor screen and began to laugh.

"Ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!! I knew it! I knew you wouldn't disappoint me Tomoe! You've brought out Lloyd's true potential! Ha ha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!"

As Claus' laugh became more and more frantic, the roar echoing in the arena was also getting louder and louder. The source of the roar was none other than Lloyd, who miraculously was still alive. A seemingly endless amount of black goo flowed out of the hole in his chest, after filling the hole it quickly began to cover his entire body. His figure began to bulge up, growing and retracting, hands, legs, wings, heads, fangs and tails seemingly at random, until it all finally settled into a massive, four legged form, completely covered by black shiny, chitinous shell with a long, wolf like face. Several tendrils on his back as well as a long tail extended out moving and slithering independently, and quickly shot outward to destroy the flame throwing turrets on the ceiling. The now monstrous Lloyd began to ram against the wall repeatedly, making the dent bigger and bigger with every strike.

"Damn you Claus! Damn your fucking freak! Send in the guards, send in the Enhanced, send in everything!" The scientists roared. And the next moment several hatches opened from the floor and waves after waves of enhanced soldiers emerged, but Lloyd cared little for the flood of soldiers and easily crushed them with his tail and tendrils. Quickly the arena wall crumbled, but instead of the next room or the hallway it was a different layer of wall, this time made out of some thick layer of metal. Lloyd opened his mouth towards the metal wall and the next moment flames burst out from the depth of his throat, gradually concentrating until it became a continuous beam of light. The surface began to melt and boil, until eventually the beam cut through the thick layer of metal. The beam grew weaker and quickly returned to its previous fire, than disappeared completely.

It was at this moment Lloyd turned to look at Tomoe, six bloody red eyes emerged on its head and turned to stare at the purple haired man. The next moment he roared and opened his mouth as if going to swallow Tomoe whole. But he only held Tomoe gently in his mouth and banged through the opening he had just made, and began a rampage through the rest of the walls standing in his way.

Seeing himself trap Tomoe gatter all his body that the experiments gave him and broke the solid mass starting to strike the rest from his feet to free himself. He had enough. He had nothing to lose anymore. Starting to fight with the others soldiers he wasn't that invincible as he thought he was. The flames burned the fabric he had on and part of his skin. Even though he was healling fast, it was to much all of a sudden. So with half of his body burned he was at the point of failing when he heard the roar and the comment from the doctor. Turning he saw Lloyd transforming himself in some sort of an animal.

"You're alive" he said happylly not noticing the other guards that were shoting at him with tranquilisers that made him finally faint. All he could hear after was a bunch of screaming and like someone threw bombs around him and after nothing else. For a brief moment he thought he was dead. Well maybe he was dead. He saw Lloyd waking up and transform himself in an animal which killed several soldiers in one blow. Wish he could see him one last time.

How long has he been in that deep darkness again? No clue. But it seemed that something was wwrong. Shouldn't he be caried on a warm light or the hot hell's flames? What was happening? It appeared that on the background of his head he could hear someone screaming his name, calling him but just couldn't get a hold of him.

Lloyd wasn't quite conscious during all this, his survival instincts had kicked in and unleashed powers which he didn't even know he had. But with the glimpse of reason still left inside he managed to get Tomoe and broke out of the lab. He didn't know where to go so all he could do was run, and run, and run. After a while his monstrous body slowly began to shrink back in. He laid Tomoe on the ground and soon reverted to his former, humanoid self.

"Tomoe!" Lloyd yelled as he crawled up towards the man, and was relieved seeing that he was only unconscious. The burns and gun shots while lethal to any normal human beings would soon heal thanks to his enhancements. He looked around and found himself in what appeared to be a desolated waste land, all he could see was an endless filed of garbage and junk. He picked Tomoe up and carried him on his back, then began to search for somewhere they could rest, eventually he found a ship container half buried under a pile of rubble and jumped inside. Some startled bugs and rats quickly escaped the place leaving the two alone. The place was certainly different from the sterile interior of the lab, and for the first time in his memory Lloyd was actually afraid, of not knowing anything. He put Tomoe down and curled up beside him, whispering the man's name repeatedly before falling asleep.

He fallowed the voice which seemed so familiar with each step he took in that darkness and there he saw a dim ligh in which he passed. His eyes opened only to see darkness again but not as the same as before. He was in some sort of a pipe, which meant he was not in the facility anymore, and there was something leaning against his body. Turning his head he saw Lloyd sleeping.

Lloyd? b-but ... how is that even possible? he thought moving his body so that he could see the other better. Touching his face slowly not wanting to wake him up.

"You're alive ... you trully are alive" he said in a whispere feeling his tears falling on his cheek. Happy tears. "You really got us out of there" he added brushing his hand slowly in the boys messy and dirty hair. His chest was hurting but it wasn't something from before. It was something inner. His heart. His heart was hurting but because he was so happy to see the other alive and near him. "You saved us" he whispered again moving closer and without thinking he pressed his lips against the others. They were so soft apart from his rough body.

He looked at the others body which was covered in scars. New scars. Tomoe moved his hand on those scars touching them slowly. Lloyd really risk everything for him. The cry couldn't be stop so he started to laugh. Crying and laughing silently because of the fact that they were out of the cells and labs and all those things. They were free, or at least that's what he hoped.

"Umm..." Lloyd moaned slightly when he felt a soft touch on his lips. Slowly coming back to his senses he opened his eyes and his three eyes focused on the man in front o him.

"Tomoe!" Lloyd exclaimed as he got up. Noticing the slight difference in the field of view he touched his face and noticed the extra eye above his right eyebrow. "Oh, sorry." The next moment the extra eye disappeared. He quickly turned back to look at Tomoe and showed a slight smile: "Glad to see that you're okay."

Lloyd got up, not caring for the fact that he was standing bare naked in front of Tomoe. He looked around and said: "So...this is the outside world...It's certainly a lot more colorful than the lab....Any idea where we are?"

Tomoe laughed being amused of his behavior and blushed a little as he looked at his bare body in front of him.He took his shirt of and wrapped it around the others waist making it look like some short pants.

"At least lets try not to drive attention to us" he said smiling then turning his face around to look outside. "Yeah ..." he sighed breathing in the cold air. "We should find some normal clothes" he said looking right and left making sure that there was no one out there to see them and who might want to kill them. "Come on" he said over his shoulder waving his hand to Lloyd for this to fallow him.

The walked slowly and with caution, hearing every little sound till they reached some houses. He saw some pants and shirts hanging to dry, but they were already dry, so he took them and hide behind a barn to dress up, giving the clothes to Lloyd. "At least this way we don't look like crazy people" he said finishing dressing. "We need to head to the Rebellion headquarter. They are the only ones that we can trust and that would help us" he said turning and hugging Lloyd unexpectedly. "Thank you for being alive and saving us" he whispered.

Lloyd was confused for a moment when Tomoe began to take off his shirt, and only realized it when the other got close and tied it around his waist. "Oh sorry. And thank you." Lloyd said a bit embarrassingly. He nodded to Tomome's comments on trying to stay low and followed the man closely. While he knew the layout of the lab like the back of his hand, the outside world was so different, and so much more complicated that his hyper-senses was hardly doing himself any good,: too many ups and downs, flip and turns, too many life signs moving crawling flying around that it's a bit overwhelming. In time he may learn to adapt to this sensory overload, but for now he could only be sure of his immediate surroundings, which for him might as well be walking blind, and deaf.

Soon Tomoe lead them close to a few houses and found some clothing hanging around. Lloyd was actually quite amazed by Tomoe, who while being cautious, was also confident enough to venture through all this chaos, and actually found what they needed. "You're quite resourceful." Lloyd commented.

After they finished dressing Lloyd stood there looking himself up and down. It's the first time in his memory that he'd wear anything other than the test subject clothes or towels after shower, so it was really fascinating to wear actual normal clothes. It's so much more comfortable and better looking! He looked at Tomoe and found the man looks more handsome as well, even though it's still not as cool as the clothes he first saw Tomoe in. If he hadn't capture Tomoe that day perhaps he would still be wearing that cool outfit? Lloyd suddenly felt a pain in his chest. He was relieved from it however when he felt Tomoe's arms around his body.

"Ah..um....Eh... You're welcome?" Lloyd muttered, and clumsily returned the hug by putting his hands on Tomoe's back. The warmth from Tomoe's body was somehow reassuring and soothing, and for a moment it took that pain in his chest away. He wished he could stay like this forever, but the hug eventually ended. He looked at Tomoe and asked: " So, this rebellion headquarters, do you know how to get there?"

Tomoe was amused by the others embarrassment at such simple things. He was funny and cute at the same time. Knowing that Lloyd didn't remember anything before the lab it was like showing the world to a child which will be amazed but afraid at the same time. Feeling his embrace back made him smile even more. Lloyd was slowly learning to feel again and be a normal human. Not to mention that the normal clothes made him handsome. With his pale skin, white hair and red eyes he looked like a bad boy.

Even though his body was colder than his he felt just fine. Safe and protected. He now knew that Lloyd was trusting him and that he was all he got out here in the world. The same was for him. As the hug ended he looked back at him as he asked about the headquarters. Tomoe looked around trying to figure it out on which side of the town they were. He remembered the headquarters and their place but they always had traveled by car.

"It will be a long way till there" he sighed looking at the car that was laying on the highway trying to remember how you could start a car without the key. "Wait here .... I have an idea" he said heading slowly towards the car, being careful not to be seen by the people inside the houses with the lights on. On his way there he took a small piece of wire and turned it into a small hook at one end. He could only remember a little from the time he was a thieve but he had to try. Reaching the car he pushed the wire with the hook through the door and car which was a small space between and pushed it further till the safety button on the door trying to catch it and lift it. If he remembered correctly, people didn't locked their cars with keys. They just set that lock and closed the door. That way, only with a key could you get in.

Biting his lip in nervosity because of his lack of experience, he kind of lost his skills, he heard a small tick which meant he did it. Opening the door, he slipped in the driver's seat and looked for the keys. Apparently these people were so stupid that they had a spare key in the glove compartment of the car. Smiling happily he start the engine which was a pretty loud for a Chevrolet.

From the house nearby the car there were voices racing outside. The owner of the car was coming out with a gun in his hand pointing towards him. Tomoe accelerated the car and started off to Lloyd suddenly frantic. "Jump in!" he shouted to the other after opening the door for him and driving right away on the road heading to the Est side of the Town.

"Pfeww.... that was close .... argh" he said but moaning a little in pain as a bullet landed in his upper arm, but he was still driving perfectly.

Lloyd stayed close to Tomoe as he traveled across the town, looking with a mixture of excitement, curiosity, and fear of the surroundings. He could sense the people in those houses, men, women, and little people which he assume to be children, talking, eating, drinking, playing, working, and so on. Is this what a normal "life" looks like? To be frank Lloyd wasn't sure what to think of all these. Judging from Tomoe's behavior this is likely not somewhere the rebels have cobtrol over, so this must be under the rule of the government, the part of "peace and order" they talked about and it didn't look so bad. But if so, then why were the rebels fighting?

Shortly after Tomoe found a car and Lloyd watched with amazement when he managed to open the door with some tinkering. When the car owner got out the house and fired on them Lloyd was furious, not only at the attacker but also at himself, who normally would have stop it with ease. He was a second away from jumping towards the man and kill him on the spot, but was stopped when he heard Tomoe's voice calling him to get in the car, which he did reluctantly.

Once they were on the road Lloyd inspected Tomoe's injuries, and noticed the bullet imbedded in Tomoe's upper arm. "Hold still." Lloyd said as he reached for the wound, his fingers extended out becoming thin and worm like, with their tips being sharp as a knife. He quickly dug into the wound and picked out the bullet, throwing it out of the car window. With Tomoe's enhanced healing it shouldn't take long for the wound to heal itself. He looked out the window and said: "I think I can run faster than this. Maybe next time I'll just carry you on my back and save us the trouble?"

"Hold still."

"Arrghh!" Tomoe shout in pain trying to keep the car straight on the road not wanting to make an accident. They would have survive but it would make too much mess. Breathing in relief when the bullet was out, feeling his arm healing quickly.

"I think I can run faster than this. Maybe next time I'll just carry you on my back and save us the trouble?"

"We don't need attention on ourselves. This is something normal for the outside world. Two guys, driving around it wouldn't start too many questions" explained Tomoe looking at Lloyd as he was speaking but being careful on the road too.

"Here we need to use our powers as less as possible" he said keeping his eyes on the road, knowing that the other wouldn't like the idea of staying put.

"So it's a stealth mission. Understood." Lloyd replied as he looked back at Tomoe. The concept not staying low was not an alien one to Time, as he'd dealt with Enhanced soldiers specialized in stealth and infiltration multiple times, and always found those tests to be particularly interesting, as they were a change of pace to the usual routine. As a result he had also learned a trick or two when it comes to hiding and camafloage, even though he had little chance to use them. Perhaps he could finally put those insights to good use?

Lloyd was relieved to see that the gun wound was already healing. He then realized that when he dug into Tomoeas flesh and picked the bullet out he left his fingers all covered with Tomome's blood. Not wanting to get the new clothes dirty he eventually put his fingers in his mouth and licked them clean, the taste of iron which he was only too familiar with quickly filled his mouth. He then careless wiped the saliva on the seat.

He then turned his gaze back outside and looked at the scenery before his eyes, and for the first time noticed how blue the sky looked. Even though he knew the term "blue sky" it never had any meaning to him until now, same with things like trees, insects, birds, town, building, or even human life for that matter. His earlier question about the outside world surfaced again and this seemed as good as an opportunity to ask as any.

"So, Tomorrow, would you say the town we were just in to be a typical town under the governmentas rule? It didn't look too bad to me."

Tomoe laughed at the others comment being fooled like the rest of the outside world by the so called 'perfect' country life.

"Yes they are under government rules and is not what it seemed" said Tomoe sighing thinking how he could explain to Lloyd all the horror the government did on the others outside who are also under it's control.

"As far as i could tell, this neighborhood is right next to the experimental area, i don't think this people are very happy that one day they could be in those labs. No one can survive those kind of experiments. At least not people like them" he said keeping the car steady looking at Lloyd. "The majority of people there were old. Not calculating the infants. They are to little to even do anything. The young powerful people were already taken in the cells. the government tries to build an army of these unhuman people in order to control every part of the city" added Tomoe, looking at the road from time to time than back of Lloyd.

"Outside there are areas where the people are struggle in poverty and if they even dare to ask for help or assistance at the government they are killed. Because they don't care about the middle ages people. they care only about the young, powerful, easy to control people. The ones that are too vulnerable at threats on their families and would do anything to protect them" said Tomoe grabbing the car wheel even harder in his hands.

"they killed my parents Lloyd because they were hiding me not wanting to give me up to them. They died for me. And not only my parents, others from the place were i lived. Sadly they didn't had the chance to ran away like i did" he added biting his lower lip. "I wondered on the streets alone, trying to survive until the Rebellion accept me in and trained me. From that day I swore that i will revenge my family. That's why I've survived till now. They are the ones that gave me power in that place and also .... you" he said turning his gaze away from the boy. "After all those peoples, you were the last person that i would thought that i would like, despite what you are. But it seemed that you and me are different than all the others" he smiled trying to keep his gaze away from the other blushing.

"You're the only thing that i have left and .... I didn't want to lose you back there. The doctors didn't cared about it. they wanted only pawns with who to play with" a chill ran his spine as he remembered everything that he passed through. "That's why we have to tell the Rebellion what they are planning to do and help them" he added sighing again.

• Saga locked this topic