~Lover in arms ~ with hal7283

mik3la

Lloyd listened to what Tomoe said, and to be honest he had difficulty processing the information. Not that he didn't believed what Tomoe said, since in many ways he already knew a lot of it, that the government was creating an army of Enhanced soldiers to maintain its vision of order. He knew that the government would find people to test the enhancements and it usually end badly. And the government wouldn't just create a super army if there's no one to use it on, so there must be a lot of fighting, killing and death in the world. He knew all of this, and unlike Tomoe he didn't think such things were inherently wrong. After all he was part of the process himself and he must have contributed to the death of thousands either by his own hand or by helping the scientists to test out Enhanced soldiers before putting them to mass production. Life wasn't something that was precious or valuable in the labs, and even now he was having difficulty to relate, or care, about the lives of strangers the government has taken.

That being said, Lloyd understood one thing, that he cared about Tomoe, more than anything else in the world, and the government has cause him endless pain and sorrow. What's worse was that he actually took part in worsening Tomoe's suffering. Lloyd lowered his head and bit his lips, his body shaking slightly. He said: "You don't know how much it means to me hearing that you care about me...but... umm...Are you really okay.... with me? I mean.... If it wasn't for me you could've escaped from the lab and..... you wouldn't have suffered the things they did to you."

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mik3la

• hal7283

Tomoe thinked for a moment before answering Lloyds question.

"I did .... and I wanted to kill myself because i end up in there because of you but .... after all that .... I ended up liking you" he said shrugging narrowing his eyes. He was after all the only one who acted still normal and didn't act like he was an experiment and tried to actually be friends with him. Or was it something else.

"Even though you were one of them you were acting very normal and you tried not to harm me" he continued stopping at a crossroad. "That's why i don't hat you anymore. Despite everything you are, you are not like them" he said turning his blue eyes to the other smiling.

Lloyd fell silent, and after a while he finally raised up his head and looked at Tomoe. He said with a weak smile: "I... I hope I can live up to your expectations." To be frank he doubt he was that different from the other enhanced soldiers, after all if the Doctor showed up this very moment and order Lloyd to kill some random person, he'd more than likely still follow that order, just like any other loyal solider would. The only thing that made Lloyd different was having Tomoe at his side, which given the circumstances of their meeting was quite a miracle. Lloyd would do anything to try to make up to Tomoe and please him, and if that means to help the rebellion fight against the government then Lloyd would gladly do so.

Wanting the change the subject Lloyd asked: "So Tomoe, when will we arrive at this...rebellion headquarters of yours? I wonder does this car have enough gas to get us there, if not then.....what's that noise?"

Suddenly Lloyd stopped in mid sentence and gestured Tomoe to be quiet as well. Two large canine looking ears popped out on top of of Lloyd's head and he listened carefully. Then suddenly he stuck his head out of the window and looked back, and saw a few black dots appeared in the sky, which gradually got bigger and bigger. With Lloyd's enhanced vision he quickly recognized the silhouette, as he had fought them before during the tests. He got back to his seat and retracted the extra ears. He turned to Tomoe and said: "We've got company! 5 attack helicopters and two troop transports on our tail, and they're closing up quickly."

Tomoe narrowed his eyes hearing the noise himself and looking back at Lloyd than on the back window seeing something behind them flying towards them. He gulp slowly hearing what those were. They had company, and those weren't going to think twice before attacking them and not carrying if they would drag them back dead or alive.

Biting his lip he turned quickly on a bridge heading down in a tunnel. Remembering the area he accelerate the car, driving even faster. He checked the gas in the car which was enough for them to get to the next tunnel and abandon the car there. That was the main plan, only if those flying things weren't going to fallow them inside the tunnel.

"We are not far from the town. We need to lose this things before we can get underground" he said speeding up even more.

Lloyd kept his senses sharp, monitoring the enemies progress as they slowly close the distance between them. He wondered whether he should just jump off the car and hold the enemies off, after all he was confident that he could survive the engagement and catch up on Tomoe later. But it seemed like Tomoe had a plan, and Lloyd decided to trust his judgement. Shortly after they abandoned the car, and Lloyd followed Tomoe underground. He looked around curiously and remarked: "You seems to know this area in and out! No wonder the rebels can hide from the government for so long."

"You seems to know this area in and out! No wonder the rebels can hide from the government for so long."

"I grew up in this area" he said shortly walking pas some pipes that were to dark to see in it, remembering the way he needed to go. Before the Rebellion took him , he had to stay on low profile and hide from the soldiers that were inspecting the streets and all. He was a rebel even if he wasn't with the organization, only because he ran away when the government ask for him. He refused the offer and ran away after his parents were killed, and hide in this pipes which were connecting the City with the sea side. That way he could travel long distance without being discovered.

"I used to hide here after i ran away from the soldiers and always used this kind of transportation. It much easier if you don't want to be found. They never thought to look in here, so i was safe" he added trying to breath slowly as they reached a dead end as it was seeming. He stretched his arm and unlock the door with still bars and passed it. Once they were on the other side of the door, the interior was different as they were walking further. More dim lights were on the sides of the pipes. They were like underground tunnels, large and big letting one stand and walk normally.

"We are almost there" he said reaching Lloyds hand holding him tight. "Once we are there don't say a word and try not to get angry. I will handle all" he said looking back at the boy smiling. For a small boy he was very confident in his powers, and we are not talking about the new powers he gained. They reached another dead end, this time a brick wall. He knocked on the door and waited as one of the brick moved only for the person behind it to see who it was.

"Password" asked the man on the other side.

"Sunrise" said Tomoe looking serious.

"Password correct" said the other one and a small click sound echoed in the tunnel and the wall opened. Tomoe drag Lloyd by the hand inside.

"Who is he?" asked the man guarding the door.

"He is with me. Where is Sam?" asked Tomoe in a low tone.

"In his office" answered the other formally.

"Good".

They headed down some stairs and reach a part of the tunnels which had rooms on the sides. The people inside where looking oddly at them both but Tomoe didn't cared, walking pass them reaching the office. Without knocking he got in.

"Sam we need to talk" said Tomoe closing the door behind them two.

Alloys followed closely and they traversed underground in the network of tunnels and pipegggup being a secret entrance, as he'd already sensed those people from far away. Once they entered the secret base they were surrounded by countless curious eyes, which was rather refreshing for Lloyd, since it's different from the usual fearful eyes of the soldiers or the detached, unemotional gaze of the scientists.

Soon Tomoe lead them to an office which they entered without asking. A man was staring at a large map at the wall with countless colorful pins and lines drawn all over it. He was tall, and fairly toned, with a head of short, brown hair and very manly, handsome features. His green eyes while filled with strength seemed to be clouded by worries at the moment. A light beard decorated his chin which looked like it wasn't shaved for several days. When he heard the sudden intrusion he immediately turned to look at the two, and his eyes widened with surprise.

"Tomoe! Oh thank God you're okay!" He quickly rushed towards the purple haired man and held him tightly in his arms. "I was worried sick about you! They said those bastards got up, but I know that's not true! You're too good for those mutant dogs to catch!" He pulled away slightly from Tomoe and checked him up from head to toe, and said with a frown: "God you look pale... It must have been hard being alone out there. Don't worry you're home!"

It was then did he noticed the silver haired young man standing behind Tomoe, and he showed a slightly embarrassed smile: "Sorry. I was just overjoyed seeing Tomoe coming back to us. Tomoe, would you introduce me to your new friend? Is this a new recruit you've found for us?"

"Tomoe! Oh thank God you're okay!"

"I was worried sick about you! They said those bastards got up, but I know that's not true! You're too good for those mutant dogs to catch!"

"Didn't seemed that way since I didn't heard about any try of rescue me from that hell but let's get over it shall we" he said shortly not embracing the other one trying to step back. He felt a little uncomfortable knowing their past together and the fact that Sam wanted more from him but he refused him. Now, being back with Lloyd it was going to be even more awkward.

"They got me ... they got Lander ... they got everyone and you didn't even bother to look for us or try to get us out of there" he sighed trying to calm himself. He didn't returned for a fight or anything he just wanted to be away from all those experiments and the only thought of safe was back here.

"Sorry. I was just overjoyed seeing Tomoe coming back to us. Tomoe, would you introduce me to your new friend? Is this a new recruit you've found for us?"

"He is Lloyd" he said smiling looking at the boy. "He saved my life and got us out of there" he said holding his hand again. "He can help us against them but for the moment we need shelter" he said turning his gaze back to Sam, trying to hide the fact that he and the other were experiments, but if Sam was as smart as he thought he was, he would figure it out from what he just said. He knew that it would be difficult to be accepted by the Rebellion as easy as before when he was human. Now, it would be a difficult way to be accepted by the rest, even if the comander was ok with it. They would still be considered enemies.

Sam seemed hurt when he heard what Tomoe said. He clenched his fist and said sadly: "You know that's not true Tomoe. Despie the others saying it's pointless and suicidal, I was going to mount a rescue operation and go look for you, we just needed more Intel and preparation, or it will just be sending more people to be slaughtered. But before we were ready our scouts said the lab was bombed or attacked by someone. We thought it might be a trap to lure us in. Now I see that it's your doing."

The man turned to look at Lloyd and observed him carefully. He reached out his hand towards the silver haired man and said: "So Lloyd huh? Thank you for saving Tomoe. You don't know how much it means to me, and the rebellion. I'm in your debt."

Lloyd looked at the hand, only after a moment of doubt did he realize that the older man was asking for a handshake. Hesitantly he took the other's hand and looked up, there was a smile on Sam's face, but he saw only suspicion in his eyes. "I didn't do it for you. I did it for Tomoe, and myself."

"In any case you're welcomed to stay. I'll have some men take care of your needs while you're here". Sam said as he took his hand back and turned to Tomoe again: "Oh and we kept your old quarters the way it was. Others said we should allocate the space for others but I stopped them."

"But before all that, I want you two to go for a medical checkup, just to make sure you're really okay. Don't worry medical data of the personels are all on a need to know basis, so you don't have to worry about your personal information getting leaked around the base. I'm sure you two understand that right?" Sam said looking at both Tomoe and Lloyd, his expression had changed from the worried lover from earlier to one that's fitting for a commander of the resistance.

"But before all that, I want you two to go for a medical checkup, just to make sure you're really okay. Don't worry medical data of the personals are all on a need to know basis, so you don't have to worry about your personal information getting leaked around the base. I'm sure you two understand that right?"

"N-no! " jumped quickly hearing that they had to do a medical checkup. If the others would find out it would be panic around them. They never had subject from lab around them. Not from what he could remember. "We cannot take the medical checkup" he added trying to keep calm and not panic. It was alright for Sam to know but not the rest. "Sam please ... We are ok but ... " he looked down at his hand, letting the metal blades come out slowly. His eyes changed as well from their ice blue color into bloody red. "We are not normal anymore ... at least not for the others to accept us" he said retracting the blades back in his fist , eyes turning to blue again.

"We went through hell there. We just need some rest but without the rest to know what we have become now" he added trying to make the other understand that they are not a thread like the other soldiers that they cam across paths for the past years. "Please ..."

For a moment the facade of the rebellion leader crumbled from Sam's face, and he showed a sad expression. But quickly he managed to pick himself back together and put on a stern face again: "I'm sorry I couldn't get you out of there earlier, and I hate myself for not able to stop them from... from whatever they've done to you. If it's just me I have no problem welcoming you and your friend into the base unchecked, but I'm the leader of this cell and everyone depend on me to keep them safe. I need to know if they've planted something which they could trace to find this place, I need to know if you would pose a threat to the others or not, and I need to know if...." Sam paused for a moment a stared right into Tomoe's eyes: "I need to know if you're still the Tomoe I knew. As I said before, the result for your checkups would be on a need-to-know basis, only the doctor and I would know about it. Please don't make this more difficult than it already is..."

As Sam spoke Lloyd was observing the man carefully, and it was clear that the man cared deeply about Tomoe. Lloyd put his hand on Tomoe's shoulder to comfort him and said: "Don't worry Tomoe, he looks like he knows what he's doing. I'm sure he wouldn't let anything bad happen to us." He then turned to look at Sam and asked: "Isn't that right, Sam?"

"Of course. You have my word." Sam answered.

I need to know if they've planted something which they could trace to find this place, I need to know if you would pose a threat to the others or not, and I need to know if...." "I need to know if you're still the Tomoe I knew.

Tomoe narrowed his eyes. Before he would had agreed with Sam but now he was feeling like the other wasn't trusting him, like he was looking at a monster. that's the way i looked at Lloyd before also .... and yet ... i ... . Feeling the hand on his shoulder he looked at Lloyd which was seeming to trust Sam more than him. The sad part of all this was the fact that right now, he wasn't feeling like home anymore.

"Fine ... But I am still ME, just so you know, but better" said Tomoe looking angry at Sam turning to the door to meet the doctor from across the tunnels. Outside people were still looking at them with curiosity, some of them in arrogant or in disbelieve. He couldn't care less. Right now they just needed a place to rest.

Once they reached the doctors room they started with simple tests at first. Some blood samples, body scanners, cardio and skin sample. First it was Tomoe and after it was Lloyd. He tried to be patient but with each minute it was passing he was getting even more anxious. It was like they never leaved the government facility with all those tests and lab stuff. He just wanted his room and his bed to lay on it and try to relax for just a second.

"Apparently we are lab rats even here" mumbled Tomoe sighing, that way only Lloyd could hear him.

Lloyd followed Tomoe along to see the doctors, and after a series of tests they were left alone in a room nearby waiting for the results, with two guards guarding the door outside. Having lived as a test subject for as long as he could remember, Lloyd was far more used to being feared and what it was like to go through countless safety checks to go anywhere or do anything, before he proved himself to be reliable. He heard Tomoe's mumble and said to him: "It's natural to be afraid of us. I mean remember how you felt when you first met me? Considering how scared he must be I'm surprised that the...what was his name again...Sam? Yeah that guy, didn't just put a bullet in our heads or let the doctor inject some poison when we were back there doing the check-up. And to be honest I'm curious myself."

Lloyd raised his hands up and looked at his palm, even though they're part of him sometimes he had the strangest feeling that his body isn't his, that he was but a bystander watching through the eyes of "Lloyd". He said: "I wonder what would they think of me, or what they may discover. After all until this point only the scientists in the lab has looked at my body. so maybe the doctors here would have some new insights? Could there be any trace of the person before all these enhancements that's still here?"

"Its just that they think of us like enemies. I thought that i would feel again like home but apparently not" said Tomoe sighing locking his fingers with Lloyds. "I just want my normal life back" he added laying his head on Lloyds shoulder waiting for the doctor to give them the ok and leave in their room.

Tomoe thought that Sam was a little strange after he saw that he wasnt the same as before, that he was now a monster from his point of view. After all they've been through in the past he thought that Sam was over him and would accept the fact that he had Lloyd near him now. But from the look in Sams eyes , Tomoe knew that something will happened. It was like a 6th sense. He was worried.

Lloyd was slightly surprised when he felt the weight of the other man on his shoulder, but the sensation wasn't unpleasant at all. In fact it was quite relaxing and reassuring.

"Your old life...." Lloyd repeated what Tomoe had said. He then asked: "What was your life like before...you know...before I ruined it? I assume that...Sam person was close to you?"

Meanwhile Lloyd and Tomoe were waiting, the doctor entered Sam's office with the test results in his hand. The doctor, who was a man in his early 40s, looked like he had just gained a decade from doing those tests on the two. Sam gestured the doctor to sit down across the table, and asked: "So doctor, what did you find."

The doctor sighed weakly and said: "Well, the good news is, they're clean. No tracing devices, no booby traps, no cotangent bacteria or viruses. And he's definitely the same Tomoe who went out on that mission and not someone who had surgery to look like him." The doctor paused, and saw a lot of tension had disappeared from Sam's face. He quickly added: "But we can't be sure if they've brainwashed him or not, it's not like we can see physical signs of this."

"Don't worry, nobody knows Tomoe better than I." Sam said firmly: "He's still one of us. I'm sure of it."

"I'll take your word for it." The doctor replied.

"Now what's the bad news?" Sam asked.

"Hmm...well...." The doctor continued: "If Tomoe is any indication of the future of those mutant soldiers, then we're in big, big trouble."

"He's that tough?" Sam asked.

"Yes, very. Stronger than anything I've ever seen so far. Increased strength, endurance, speed, enhanced senses, extraordinary healing ability, and that metallic bone structure. All of our tactics and equipment would become useless if they begin to produce more mutants like Tomoe."

"I see...." Sam said as he held his hand on his chin and looked down on the table, thinking about what it meant for the future of the resistance. He then looked up at the doctor again and asked: "What about the other guy? That....Lloyd person?"

The doctor fell silence, and Sam can see the confusion and even fear on the man's face. He pressed on: "Doctor, what did you find?"

"To be honest...I don't know." The doctor answered: "I've seen a lot of things throughout the years, the horrible things the government has done to the people, how they stripped them of their humanity and made them monsters. But no matter how they've modified the human body, their organs still resembled humans. Even if I don't know exactly how the modified organs work they're still mostly recognizable, you know, a heart is a heart no matter how many ventricles it has. But Lloyd..... that...thing!....There's nothing human inside it! Its organs are a total mess! Constantly changing, morphing, shifting, mutating, multiplying and disappearing! Like it's a huge pool of swilling....chaotic....mess! If you tell me that's an alien from outer space I'd have a easier time believing you!"

Sam was dumbfounded by what the doctor said, having trouble just to understand half of the content. After a moment he asked: "Aliens? That's a bit far fetched don't you think? It could be from another branch of the government's research team which we've never seen before."

The doctor quickly objected: "It can't be! I mean the technology required to make that thing is like from a completely different civilization! It's as if the whole world is still in the stone age then suddenly someone invented a nuclear bomb! Or a dolphin suddenly decided to invent shoes!"

Both of them fell silent. After a while Sam said to the doctor: "Let's keep all these just between us. I don't want any unnecessary panic and confusion."

"You..you sure about this?" The doctor asked: "The council would certainly want to know all this."

"Doctor, I won't say twice." Sam persisted.

The doctor sighed and got up from the seat, he turned around before leaving the office: "I hope you know what your're doing."

"I hope so too." Sam muttered.

Shortly after Sam came to the room where Lloyd and Tomoe was waiting. "You're free to go." Sam said with a weak smile: "And don't worry, only me and the doctor know the test results."

"It was looking like the one in the facility but only that we didnt had experiments on us" started Tomoe lifting his head looking away remembering his old life. " it was fun too. We had to wake up early, we were fighting over the food and and stuff but also training hard and make friendships. Sadly all my friends are dead" he sighed and looked up at Lloyd.

"I used to be friend with a guy which braught me here and thats how i knew Sam. At first we were friends and all but Sam wanted more. When i refused him he shut himself down in the office and came out only to give orders. I thought he got over it but as i saw it now he didnt. But i dont care because i like you and not him" he said putting up a smile and kissing the other quickly on the cheek just when Sam came in.

"Finally" he snored getting up waiting for Lloid. "I presume my room is still intact?" He asked keeping lloids hand into his not carrying if Sam was liking it or not.

"What do you mean you like me?" Lloyd asked before he felt the warm softness of Tomoe's lips on his cheek. Immediately his face became red and he felt a strange shiver travelling throughout his body. In shock, he touched the spot where Tomoe had kissed him and for a moment just froze there not entirely sure what to do or how to react. So when Sam made his presence known it was almost an relief.

But of course, the same can't be said for Sam, who witnessed Tomoe kissing the creature having the appearance of a silver haired young man. Despite his internal struggle he made the best effort to maintain a friendly smile, but the slight frown of his eyebrows betrayed his heart. "Of course, as I said before I kept your room just the way it was, cause I'm sure you'd be needing it again." He then turned to Lloyd and said: "I've told the men to prepare a room for you as well. We have quite a lot of vacant rooms these days."

Tomoe didnt respond to Lloyd question just smiling and letting out his tongue playfully. Returning his gaze back to Sam as he was talking about the rooms and that they were separatly he smirked a little.

"Lloyd will stay in same room with me. Its big enough for both of us and it would be better for both sides" said Tomoe seriously not wanting to let Lloyd all by himself in this place. Even if the others didnt know what he was he was still an outsider for the moment. The little jokes wouldnt be fun on him.

"Is there anything else to report Sam?" He asked calmly keeping his eyes on Sam, noticing that he didnt like the fact that he was that close to Lloyd but he didnt cared. Even if he was thinking that Lloyd is a monster and that ge was what he was because of him he didnt cared. Lloyd was also the one who saved him from that place and not killing him in the arena.

"Oh... I see." Sam said as he kept that smile on his face with surprising self control: "In that case I won't keep you any longer. I'm sure you must be tired after all this so please take some rest..." Sam said as he turned around and was about to leave the room, but just before he left he turned around and said: "Oh and if you need anything, just ask...."

Lloyd could almost see the dark clouds hovering over Sam's head as the man left them alone. Partly he almost felt sorry for the man since from what Tomoe had told him, and from what he'd observed, the man cared deeply for Tomoe, in a way which was quite incomprehensible for Lloyd at the moment. But on the other hand, he couldn't help but feel some guilty pleasure seeing him being rejected by Tomoe, and he couldn't be quite certain why.

"Umm...so Tomoe, would you lead the way to your room then?" Lloyd said as he turned his gaze back at Tomoe, he then asked; "But...are you really sure about letting me live in your room? I've never had a roommate before so...."

• 3 weeks later...

Tomoe smiled happily knowing that he will be set in his room after so much time. Nodding to Sam as he was leaving he turned to Lloyd keeping the smile on his face grabbing the boy's hand.

"It will be fine.... Let's go" he said pulling the other out on the dark halls where there only dim lights on the sides of the tunnel and headed to his room as he was remembering the way to it. Once he opened the door and got in he jumped in his bed, sinking in the mattresses sighing deeply.

"Oh how i missed them" he said closing his eyes, holding the pillow close to his face, enjoying the coldness of it.

Lloyd followed Tomoe down the long and dark hallway of the resistance base, and couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. After all he'd spent most of his known life surrounded by brightly lit, pure white, sterile looking walls. But the warmth coming from Tomoe's hand was able to sooth his nervousness. It was obvious that Tomoe was feeling right at home here, and as they undoubtedly came closer and closer to Tomoe's old room the purple-haired young man was clearly getting happier. Eventually they arrived at his room, and as soon as they entered Tomoe jumped into the bed and buried his face in the pillow.

Lloyd looked around curiously and was fascinated by everything around him. This room was completely different from the empty cell he was so used to, filled with all kinds of strange things which he had no idea what their uses were. It was a bit of a sensory over-load for Lloyd. He closed his eyes, and once he took away the annoying details all he could feel, sense, taste, and smell, was traces of Tomoe coming from every corner of the room. He opened his eyes again, and all of those strange, alien things suddenly became much less intimidating.

"This....is a nice place.' Lloyd said as he sat on the end of the bed, and was amazed by how soft it was in comparison to his bed in the lab. "So where will I sleep?"

• 2 weeks later...

Tomoe stood up on the bed, sitting with his legs crossed, messing his hair a little. "Well, since the bed is so comfortable and you need a good night sleep, you can sleep in it and I can take the armchair which is extensible" he said pointing the furniture with his finger. It wasn't the first time he slept on it. Some nights he would crush on it, wanting to study but ending up sleeping till morning.

"Lunch is served in 15 minutes. We should change and get ready to head to the main hall. That is where the room is turned into the meal hall" he smiled looking for clothes to give to Lloyd so that he can blend in the crowd. He took out a pair of black jeans and a black shirt with small holes in it and the very base of it. That was fashion in the eye of the person who was buying them. He couldn't complain but if they were to die, at least they would die looking good. He smiled at his thought as he left the clothes on the bed for Lloyd.

"Here you go" he turned and looked for something to wear aswell, taking out a pair of jeans with small holes on the knees and a gray t-shirt with some strange writing on it, not understanding it, starting to strip and dress the new clothes.

Lloyd thought for a moment when Tomoe said he could sleep on his bed. He looked down at the mattress and pressed it a few times with his hand. Even though whatever furniture the resistance could manage to get their hands on couldn't possibly be of top quality, there's no way for Lloyd to know such things. For all he knew the resistance must have the best beds and mattresses in the world, since what he was sitting on was much softer and bouncier than the one he had back in the lab. That being said whether he'd enjoy such a comfy mattress was a totally different matter. He looked up to Tomoe and said: "Thanks for the offer but I think I'll take the chair. This mattress is a bit too soft for me. Plus I'm sure you miss sleeping in your own bed."

Lloyd took the clothes Tomoe got for him and nodded slightly showing his gratitude, and looked at the outfit with a rather puzzled look, wondering why were there holes in the shirt. Even though his usual test subject clothes were much less stylish and colorful, at least when they got torn to shreds or burnt to cinders he always got new ones. After pondering for a moment however he quickly reached the conclusion that the resistance must be fighting a hard battle, so much so that they would overlook flaws of clothing as long as possible. With that thought he began to take off his clothes and put the new ones on.

As they changed Lloyd got a glimpse of Tomoe as he took off his shirts. He had seen Tomoe's body before, first when he saw him all naked and covered in filth after his capture, and then when they showered together. Even without those experience with his super senses gathering information of his surroundings to the smallest detail, he pretty much knew the man's body like the back of his hand. That being said when he laid his eyes of Tomoe's naked body now something felt different. He felt his hearts beating quicker and his blood pressure going up. Adrenaline rushing through his veins even though he was nowhere near battle, and blood started to get pumped down between his groins. Lloyd knew what the phenomenon was: an erection, but he was confused as to why he was getting it at that moment. But he vaguely remembered that it wasn't something that should be shown in public, so he controlled his blood flow and calmed himself down.

Soon enough they were in their "new" clothes. Lloyd looked at Tomoe and showed a slight smile, reaffirming that the purple-haired man looked much better when not wearing those boring test subject clothes. He said: "I'm ready. Let's go then."

Once he finished dressing he turned and looked at Lloyd as he spoke not believing how good the clothes were on him. They were changing his appearance in one of them. And a sexy one. Tomoe smiled happily.

"This clothes suits you .... It's like you are one of us" he added heading to the door, messing a little his hair so that it can be arranged in some way away from his eyes. Who would have thought that Lloyd would blend so good inside the Rebellion. For the moment only by the look, the rest he just hopped that the others wouldn't be such assholes to do something wrong or comment on his behalf cause that would be trouble. He didn't know how much control the other had and he didn't want to find out too soon. At least not with his kind, even if he wasn't a full human aswell.

Passing some maze tunnels, they reached the eating room staying in line with a plate to get the needed food. He just wished that the cooking had changed since he was gone, otherwise he will not eat and starve, again. Sighing, he waited for Lloyd to join him, acting as natural as possible. He could hear others at the line starting to talk in low voices and whispers. He started to bite his lower lip in concern, knowing that the idiots from here will try to act like morons around Lloyd.

"If you say so, then I suppose I do look good in these. I guess you just have an eye for stuff like fashion? Oh and you look good in those too." Lloyd answered to the man's compliment for his appearance. Lloyd never took interest in stuff like looks and fashion until this point, and frankly such things didn't matter in a place where all you do is wake up, eat, kill, shower and sleep. Even with the little things he had experienced thanks to Tomoe, Lloyd now could say with confident that his life in the lab was indeed quite boring, meaningless, and perhaps just simply....wrong. But if there's any good thing about his predicament, it would be the fact that he was able to heal his wounds pretty fast, which made sure that his face, which apparently was rather agreeable to Tomoe, stayed intact throughout all that. He wondered if Tomoe would be this friendly to him if his face was covered in scars were horribly disfigured.

Lloyd followed Tomoe through the maze like tunnels, and even from afar he could smell the scent of what must be food, which was like nothing he'd ever experienced before. He could feel his stomach began to growl and production of saliva increased as they got closer and closer to the source. Soon they arrived at the cafeteria, which was filled with tons of people chatting and eating food which looked so strange and bizarre in comparison to the nutrient paste he was used to. He followed Tomoe's footstep like his shadow and pretty much copied his every move, taking the exact same food and joined Tomoe at the seat. He noticed that Tomoe seemed to be worried about something but he wasn't sure why. Plus the fact that the rather colorful plate of food in front of him had occupied much of his attention, so much so that he ignored the pointed fingers and gossips about them.

Lloyd took a spoonful of whatever that was in his bowl and put in in his mouth. His eyes widened as the flood of sensory information was almost overwhelming. Without even noticing it a joyful whine slipped through his throat and his eyes slowly closed. He was so entranced in food heaven that when he opened his eyes again he was surprised to find several men approaching the two of them.

"Look who's here? If it isn't Tomoe Nemira! Sam's favorite pet!" One of the man said as he leaned on the table and looked down upon Tomoe: "Tell me Tomoe, how does it feel to be the only survivor of your team, while everyone else died?"

"Yeah yeah, tell us! We're real curious!" Another man added: "No one has ever escaped from a government lab, yet you did! Just what exactly did you do? Sucked the guard's dick? That'd certainly work!"

The group burst into laughter, which was quickly cut short by Lloyd suddenly jumped from his seat and had his fingers locked tightly around the man's neck, holding him high so his legs were dangling in the air. Lloyd said in an ice cold tone: "Apologize to Tomoe, or I'll break your neck!"

• Saga locked this topic