Unexpected reencounter [Yukonwolfspirit&Hideki] (Private)

-Hideki-

He continued his way to the game shop and once there he looked around for a while and then engaged in a conversation about one particular game with the salesman who seemed to be just as much of a geek as Ethan was.

Not only that it was pretty obvious to the finance manager that the other was like him too and that he had a liking for him. Being that stressed out by the whole situation and the past few days in his home town he did what he hadn’t done before with a total stranger but it felt like the right thing to do in that moment.

He grabbed the guy by his collar, pulled him over and kissed him. They soon found themselves in the back room where Ethan had his dick sucked by that guy he didn't know. This had never been his thing before but at least it was a way of releasing stress and aggression.

With a new game, a phone number and much less depressed and angry he left the shop went back to the hotel, put his gaming consol onto the TV and played his new game.

When he realised that it was time to leave for Jakes house he thought about Yukie once more, who must have been on his way to Japan by now. The thought angered him again so he shoved it aside and went to visit Jake. He handed the other a bottle of wine as a gift and Jake introduced him to his son, who apparently didn’t like football like his father but was into dancing and his dog. Ethan now realised why Jake had even asked himself what he would do if his son turned out to be gay later. Apparently the fact that he liked to dance had been enough for Jake to question. Ethan got the stereotypical thinking behind it but it wasn’t that simple. The red head himself hated dancing and was a terrible dancer. And over all he had no feminine interests whatsoever.

Much to his surprise he had a good time with the former bully and his family, containing the son and the dog. It was a nice quiet evening but it shouldn’t stay that way.

Suddenly his phone rang and when he answered it the local hospital was on the other end. He first thought that someone must have made a mistake calling him but then they said that it was Yukie and that he was his emergency contact.

Ethan remembered that Yukie had hurt himself once back in middle school and then had Ethan listed as one of his emergency contacts. And since his parents weren’t alive anymore now the hospital had searched for his new number and had contacted him.

It left the red head in shock to hear that Yukie, who had acted bitchy towards Ethan just a few hours ago, alive and kicking, was now severely injured and in the hospital. They had told him that Yukie had been the only one who survived the accident. This meant that his children and his bodyguard were all dead. It was brutal and Ethan couldn’t really gasp it, it was too much to comprehend.

He just told Jake what had happened and both men acted automatically. They jumped into the blond man’s pick-up truck and drove to the hospital. And then the waiting began. Ethan ran around on the white floor like a lion in a cage, ruffling his hair, leaning on the wall, sitting down, standing up, and running around again. Jake tried to comfort him but it didn’t really help much. It felt like an eternity until the doctors gave their okay for Ethan and Jake to visit Yukie. They had told him that he would live but that he had brain damage and they couldn’t yet say how it would affect the younger man.

Ethan stepped forward to Yukie’s bed trying not to avert his eyes from the scene while Jake kept himself in the background. “Yukie! Hello, it’s just me. They called me as I am your emergency contact. Is there anything that I can do for you?” he asked hoping that the other man could hear his voice and would show a sign of response.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yukonwolfspirit

• -Hideki-

"Tell the doctors the needles itch" Yukie mumbled his speech unable to understand since his brain was all muddled and trying to sort out where he was and what happen as he opened his eyes a little hating the bright hospital room lights. He looked around at his or, what he now assumed was his body covered in bandages and noticed how he had a stupid oxygen tank hooked up. He Listened to the soft beeping of the monitor as his heart got a little fast he was scared unsure about where he was and anything as he tried to sit up but was unable to without horrible pain as he laid back and looked at the wall...and then directly at Ethan..."who are you?" He asked confused why there where three men sitting in his room.

Ethan laughed when he heard Yukie’s voice. It was such a relief and felt like armour of stone would fall off of him. The other could hear him, he could talk, he lived! The red head gently took the others hand and held it in his own for a moment. “Thank god!” escaped from the older man’s mouth and then he said:”I will tell them. They probably can’t do much about it but I sure will.” He said but didn’t let go of Yukie’s hand just yet.

His relief got a hard hit when the other looked at him like that; looked at him in complete confusion.

A second later his fear got confirmed. Yukie didn’t know him anymore. The doctors had already told him that his former best friend had brain damage but they couldn’t tell him which consequences it had. Ethan tried to stay calm and not let any of his fear or pain show. “I’m Ethan, your high-school friend.” He simply answered the question.

"...you look to old to be in high school" Yukie replied still more confused as he blushed a part of him realizing how cute Ethan was as he looked down..."why am I here?" He asked confused why he was in the hospital his mind trying to figure out why there was nothing to fall back on as his hands trembled a little, he was terrified. "I....I don't remember anything...about myself or you...are you sure they named me right?" Yukie asked mentioning to the bracelet on his wrist.

Ethan smiled and chuckled at Yukie’s statement and nodded when he explained:” Very true! I’m not a high-school student anymore of course. I work as a finance manager. But we’ve been friends back in high-school, very good friends, best friends so to speak. And as such you had me registered as your emergency contact back when we were at school.” The red head then pointed into Jakes direction. “That’s Jake he went to our high-school as well and he was an arsehole back then but he changed.”

The blond raised his hand and waved while saying “Hi!” to Yukie not objecting that Ethan had said that he had been an arsehole because he was aware of it.

The following he couldn’t talk about that light-hearted and he needed to think about how he should explain it the way that wouldn’t completely destroy and shock Yukie so he decided to not go into detail about the accident. “You’ve been in a car accident. They brought you here with life threatening injuries but you survived.”

Yukie’s former best friend placed himself next to the other on the bed and smiled at him again when he asked whether they wrote the right name or not. “Yes, I’m 100% certain that they did.” He said and then stroke the others hand lightly. “I know this must be terrifying to you and I can’t imagine how this must be but everything will be alright again, I’m here for you and Jake is too.” Ethan assured the injured man and Jake came closer to them. “Yes, and don’t forget that God watches over you my friend.” He said and Ethan sighed annoyed at that comment.

" I see" Yukie replied hiding under his blankets more as he winced his body in a shit ton of pain as he looked up at eathan letting his words sink in as he frowned. "I didn't hurt anyone else right?" He asked staring at his hand for a moment as he slowly forced it to move and fix his nightgown that had slipped off his shoulder a little. He was a little shocked at all the information and was a little tiered as he laid back and looked at the wall. "I don't believe in god..." Yukie mumbled as he wished he could move his body freely to curl up and hide under the covers. "Did you contact other people so I can go home?" Yukie asked looking up at Ethan.

His expression changed and he looked a little gloomy when he shook his head while telling him what he knew:” No, you didn’t hurt anyone; the accident wasn’t your fault. You’ve simply been in the wrong car at the wrong time. From what I’ve heard the driver lost control over the car due to the storm that was raging outside but I haven't been there myself so I can't know for sure. You’re the only one who survived the doctors told me though.”

It was hard to see Yukie like that, covered in bandages and in severe pain. He wanted to hold him, to embrace him and keep him safe so that no harm like that would ever happen to him again but he couldn’t even hug him because it would probably just hurt the other. So he sat there, silently fondling on his tie the whole time until the white haired man asked him a question that was even more uncomfortable and painful to answer.

“I...” he started and his voice broke a little. “No. I don’t know anyone whom I could have contacted. We just met again yesterday after many years and you told me that your parents and your grandpa died.

You also told me that you lived in Japan now, I don’t know where in Japan though but we can probably easily find that out from your ID.”

Ethan didn’t want to hurt the other or scare him but this was the reality and he wouldn’t lie to Yukie about such important and substantial things. He then added:” I also don’t think that the doctors would let you go just now with such severe injuries.”

"...I see" Yukie replied as he looked down tears falling down his face..he was scared he was alone and didn't remember anything or where he even lived or who he had been with in the car since there had been a driver. "W-what do I do now?" He asked his voice breaking as he started crying his body shaking as he tried to stop but damn it was hard his world having been destroyed beyond belief.

Ethan buried his head in his hand for a moment and took a deep breath. This business trip to his old home town was even worse than he had believed and he had believed it to become a complete disaster already. He had a feeling that this would change his life drastically as well. The red head couldn’t tell where it was coming from or why he thought that his life wouldn’t go back to what it had been before but it definitely was there.

Softly laying his hand onto Yukie’s shoulder to let the man feel that he wasn’t alone he answered:”You’re gonna lay back and take all the time and rest you need to recover. Try not to worry too much if it is even possible. And when the doctors say that you’re well enough, you can live with me until you figured out what you want to do or have to do next.” The finance manager smiled faintly when he added:” I don’t live here but I am here for work for the next month.”

He turned around when he heard Jake behind himself. “May I suggest that you and Yukie move in at my place? It’s probably better for him to recover at a real home than in a hotel room.”

Ethan was surprised he hadn’t seen that coming but he nodded and then turned to Yukie again:”What do you think?”

"...I-I need time to think...to contact afew people atleast and see where I am financially" Yukie replied worried about his hospital bills as he sighed and closed his eyes. "Come talk to me tomorrow I'm to tiered to think" he mumbled as he yawned and slept.

“Alright!” Ethan said and kissed Yukie on the forehead before he left the room. He waited for one of the doctors on the floor and told him that Yukie had said that the needles itched because the other had wanted him to do so and then he left the hospital with Jake.

The finance manager got his stuff from the hotel room and he moved into Jakes house. It was a huge house with way more rooms than Jake and his son needed and if Yukie would decide to stay with them for a while there was enough space for them all.

On the next day - Ethan hadn’t slept well because he had kept thinking about Yukie - he went to the hospital again before work. He knocked before he entered and then looked at the white haired male in his bandages. “Hi! Have you been able to sleep? Are you feeling a little better?” he asked.

"I'm feeling fine...not exactly hungry" Yukie replied as he mentioned to the terrible hospital food as he turned off the tv having watched the coverage of the crash. "I want them to have a nice funeral" Yukie replied as he moved his blanket around his body more the white long fur blanket a comfort as he smiled a little. " a policeman brought me some stuff they recovered along with some luggage" he admitted mentioning to his bags in the corner as he looked at Ethan. "You look like shit"

Ethan laughed at that charming remark about his tired looks. “You really know how to make complements don’t you?” The red head sat down on the chair next to Yukie’s bed again. “I think it’s safe to say that both of us have looked better before.” He smiled to overshadow his worries.

“They will have a decent funeral. When you’re better again, you can count on me and Jake to help you with the organisation, well, just if you want us to of course.”

"Well, honestly I don't think I do the nurses seem to hate me when I tell them the same thing, in fact I think they try to avoid me now" Yukie admitted as he watched Ethan sit down beside him and smiled a little glad to have company. He nodded in fact that he probably did look better before the accident and chuckled but frowned at the mention of the funeral..."I asked the officer afew questions about the others in the accident...apparently the kids where mine...and the other man was a friend" Yukie whispered feeling bad he was the only one who had survived as he looked down at his blanket tears falling down his cheeks..."did I end up killing them" Yukie asked his hands shaking a little he couldn't help but cry he was under a lot of stress and the lack of memories was making his brain try to fill in the gaps and his worst fears of what might have happened was bubbling up. He tried to calm down the heart monitor going off as he tried to slow his breathing and put himself back together.

A little overwhelmed he stood up from the chair and placed himself next to Yukie. Gently and carefully, to not hurt the injured man, he closed his arms around him and hugged him.

He didn’t know what to do in such a situation, of course he didn’t because he fortunately had never been in one before.

“No, don’t say that. It wasn’t your fault. It was an accident; you had no influence over it or couldn’t do anything about it. You aren’t responsible for what happened.” He repeated what he had told him the day before and hoped that the other would finally believe him and not blame himself for that anymore because that would only make Yukie feel miserable his entire life and Ethan wanted that he would become a happy person again.

"....I'm scared...the doctors want to do more testing and a surgery and I just want to leave with you" Yukie replied as he snuggled into Ethan enjoying the warmth he was receiving from his friend. "I want to go home with you and sleep back in our bed like we use to" Yukie whispered his brain assuming they where a closet couple.

“Being scared of such procedures is natural but sometimes they are necessary and one has to endure the pain to be able to live a normal or at least better life again.”

he explained and hoped that Yukie would reconsider. Just saying no to surgery or testing without seriously thinking about the consequences would be unreasonable.

Ethan stroke the others head and looked at him with a warm expression on his face.

Holding him like that felt nice but he just wished that the situation had been a different one; that all of this hadn’t happened and they still were together this close somehow.

He sadly shook his head at Yukie’s words:”I would love to have you around at Jake’s or at my home as well and make my bed ours but I want you to know the truth so I have to tell you that we weren’t a couple. As I told you yesterday when you woke up, we were high-school friends who hadn’t seen each other for years until now. We have never been in a romantic relationship, even though I ....” he paused for a moment and then said:” Even though I’ve been in love with you since middle school.”

"Why weren't we together?" Yukie asked as he calmed alof a lot and just curled up in Ethan's arms enjoying the warmth and happiness he felt being beside him.

“We weren’t together because neither of us confessed our feelings for the other until it was much too late! Actually we didn’t even know that we are both gay.” He explained and sighed. “It was rather unfortunate.” He added and looked into Yukie’s eyes. “I wish it would have been different but there is no way to change the past anyway so I try not to think too much about past mistakes.”

"I see" Yukie replied as he sighed and streatched moving a little slowly so he could go back under his blankets more already worn out and tiered the Doctor cheerily coming in as Yukie glared at him.

"Alright visiting time is over now sir we need to prep him for surgery and get his medication sorted out beforehand" the doctor replied to Ethan as a nurse brought in a wheelchair and left to go prep the surgery room more.

Kissing him on the cheek he said:”You’re gonna make it. You’re a strong guy!” and then went up to the door. When he was about to leave he turned around saying:”I’ll be back as soon as I am allowed to. Also, please know that you mean a lot to me.”

With these words he left the hospital for his work place. Jake wanted to know how Yukie was doing but Ethan blocked it off because they were at work and he tried to separate his work and his private life strictly. Focussing was hard though but he tried to make some room in his mind for the numbers as well.

In the lunch break he drove back to the hospital again to see how Yukie was doing after the surgery.

They knocked slightly before entering the room. “Yukie? Are you awake?” the red head asked calmly and quietly, even though he was worried inside.

"Yeah,...they gave me a hat" Yukie mumbled his head wrapped in bandages and a black loose beanie on his head since they had to remove all of his hair to see how bad the brain was and to also help release some of the pressure buildup as he stared at the ceiling. "Sadly they only had black and it didn't sparkle so I couldn't wow you" Yukie teased dryly still a little tiered as he finally looked over to the door and sat up wincing. "...they say I should be happy to not loose basic motor functions and muscle memory though, not remembering where I am is a concerning problem they won't release me until they are sure I have a safe place to go to, they think I'll wander off into traffic or forget who I am" he mumbled having afew new bracelets and a metal identification bracelet.

Smiling faintly he answered with:” I see. The black hat is perfect, you’re wearing it well.” The finance manager tried to not let it get to him but it did. Seeing those identification bracelets and imagining that everything they had done together in the past was already lost for the other and everything that they would do in the future could get eradicated from Yukie’s brain without a warning all of a sudden all the time scared him. It was a frightening and sad thought and it took him a lot to stand there and appearing strong when he actually wasn’t in that moment, in which he felt full of sadness, grief and anger about that this had happened to his dear Yukie.

He took a deep breath trying to hide how painful it was for him and then continued talking:”You have a safe place to go to if you want to consider being by my side.” He assured the other and he would definitely let him live with him if the other man wanted to. He would even take him with him to his city after the month had ended if he wanted to. The only thing that bothered him was that he didn’t want to leave Yukie alone while he was at work. So he had to hire someone or he had to take Yukie with him to work, what wasn’t a problem here in that town but he didn’t know what his superiors back in the city would say about taking someone with him to work.

"You can cry if you want, it's a scary thought to know this is what's happening" Yukie replied as he looked at Ethan and smiled a little liking the idea of going back home with someone who atleast knew him. He played with a bracelet for a moment before forcing himself to sit up slowly as he scooted over a lot and pulled his blankets close. "Want to lay down and relax with me?" Yukie asked as he smiled a little not sure what the line was with Ethan he assumed sharing a bed wouldn't be a bad thing and if it was he was hoping Ethan would say something.

He laughed in a pained way instead, shaking his head. “No, I shouldn’t and I can’t anyway. I’m fine.” Ethan said and while he definitely wasn’t fine, he really couldn’t cry, he was unable to. The man couldn’t even do that when he was alone and crying in front of someone else was even more absurd and if this were ever to happen he would probably be more ashamed of it than anything.

When Yukie offered him to sit down next to him on the bed and relax together Jake wanted to leave them alone and wait for Ethan in the canteen of the hospital.

The red head nodded to Yukie, got rid of his shoes and sat down on the bed next to the other.

He smiled a little dreamy, a little melancholic as this reminded him of how they had sat on Ethan’s bed in a similar way playing video games together after school.

“You obviously won’t remember but, we have sat together like that quite often back in high-school playing video games together.” He told the other because he wanted him to know, even if Yukie were to forget it again what he didn’t hope. “I always wanted to take your hand and to kiss you but I was too scared that you would hate me if I tried.” Letting the other know this he took Yukie's hand now and looked into his eyes.

• Saga locked this topic