Light or Dark (Silverwyn)

sisne

Julius frowned at him a little.

"Well of course I'd been planning to say hi to them all along. But whether you come with me or not, there's a chance you'll have to tell them you're going to be late. If they don't believe you, just tell them they'll see for themselves when you get home." He shrugged.

"Also, this has nothing to do with Oriander, and it's probably not going to be pleasant. It's up to you if you really want to come... But it really isn't a good idea. The things I do are dangerous, and being seen with me will make you a target."

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sisne

• Silverwyn

"Alright but I am still coming along, I will be bored here and be nosey till I go through all your stuff, want that to happen and I told you I loved you so that means I'll go through it all with you, you freaking idiot," he huffed getting pissed off with him and walked out ahead while making his phone call, dad didn't sound happy but he explained it'll make sense later with proof because Julius has finally returned but still the dad made it seem he was making up stories again.

Ara rolled his eyes and made a face at Julius who was looking good as always and made him wonder, "Julius I have a question, have you been with anyone romantically or physically before?" Either way he may or may not like the answer.

"I'd rather you being safely nosy, digging through my stuff here, than being dangerously nosy where I'm going."

Julius muttered as he followed out after him with another sigh.

He had them both in the car and a few blocks from his place by the time Ara finished his call. The question caught him a bit off guard.

He frowned a little. "Are you sure you want me to answer that Ara?"

"I am curious so I want to know, yes I may want you still a virgin but I'm not exactly all that innocent either, I have been sexually active since I was 14 I was just exploding with hormones and practically taking every man and teenager in the neighborhood till Mom put a stop to it and threatened everyone," he sighed thinking about it, it was very embarrassing and every time he would juat say hello the men would look down and run. "Readon why was because I was still not in full control of my voice and a lot of people knew that so," he laughed because his mom was ballistic every time a boy looked at Ara or spoke to him and of course they avoided any water for the longest time. But with that said, Ara always wondered what would had happened if Julius was around for that, he would had been his first instead of that punk, Daxon who picked on him ruthlessly so during an altercation he accidentally used his voice but it made the older teen uncontrollably attracted to Ara and did it right there behind the bakery on Bloxam. "I was under house arrest till I was 16 and training non stop with my parents," he hated that time but it is why he is as good as is with his voice and if he concentrates hard enough he can get inside their head and alter what they see with his voice.

Julius sighed. He wasn't necessarily ashamed, but he wasn't proud either.

"I haven't had any romantic relations.... As for physical interactions... I've had a few. But they were...."

He hesitated, not quite sure how to word it. Business transactions sounded too crude and a lot more straightforward than he could give himself credit for.

"Tactically inclined maneuvers on my part." he finally admitted.

"That sounds really sad," he chuckled a little sitting in the car, "your first time should be enjoyable and instead it was work, want me to fix that and show you what it really feels to be with someone you care and love? I unfortunately never been with anyone I truly loved but i can imagine it is truly amazing," he kinda teased but was also a little serious.

"That sounds really sad," he chuckled a little sitting in the car, "your first time should be enjoyable and instead it was work, want me to fix that and show you what it really feels to be with someone you care and love? I unfortunately never been with anyone I truly loved but i can imagine it is truly amazing," he kinda teased but was also a little serious because he wanted to give something to Julius he knre is the best and most pleasurable experience and not to sound so confident he knew he could give that to his beloved Julius.

Julius frowned a little, unconsciously biting his lip. "I'll think about it Ara. But I feel like it's a bad idea unless we really talk about some things first. And now really isn't the time to talk about them. I just can't go carelessly starting a physical relationship with you. If we don't talk properly, you'll only end up get hurt and I care about you too much for that."

He explained as best he could. They were getting close though, and this was really the last thing he should be worrying about at the moment.

"We're almost there. I need you to stay in the car. Don't get out no matter what. Please."

"You're so cute to get frazzled, chill out and ride it and what ever happens happens, but I love you and I want to only be with you," he tried explaining and let him go. "Don't worry I'll stay put," he rolled his eyes when he wasn't looking and lowered the seat so he could take a nap but he couldn't help but imagine a life with Julius, it was hard to believe really and now here he is.

Julius didn't consider himself particularly frazzled, but he did feel there was something Ara really needed to understand. Not that it was really the time to be concerning himself with that however.

When he stepped out of the car, the first thing he noticed was the bloody mess of a man lying on the ground. Three men and a woman stood behind him, shifting restlessly as they waited for Julius.

"Why isn't anyone tending to him?" He demanded as he approached.

"There's no point." One of the men responded. He was a werecat, his human figure was small and lithe.

The woman beside him, his sister wasn't much different in stature.

"He died shortly after we called you." Next to the werecats, the Minotaur was a titan. Juilus himself was barely average height for a man and was not spared the dwarfing affects of standing beside him. The last one was one of the landlocked merfolk, like Julius' parents had been. At least the parent's that had raised him after their kin had saved him from drowning in a shipwreck. He didn't remember his birth parents. He was 14 by the time he figured out what he was, and he'd kept it a closely guarded secret ever since.

Julius knelt down beside the corpse. He'd been a dark faction fairy who'd disappeared three weeks ago. Julius saw the obvious signs of light faction torture.

"Did he say anything?"

"Only that they have Alan."

"Dammit!" Julius grit his teeth and rose. "Give him a proper burial. Get me information about where he escaped from. That's probably where Alan is. I'll use some of my own own connections to look into it as well."

He didn't stick around longer than necessary. After discussing a few other urgent matters, they all went their separate ways.

"You have Oriander's number right?" Julius demanded as he got back into the car. "Call him and give me your phone."

Ara was laying back while listening to music when Julius came back he popped his earphone out and called the fairy bastard who was probably still healing his ears who knows. "Here," he handed the phone as soon as a dial tone was ringing and he watched Julius who obviously appeared upset so he kept his mouth shut from teasing him and was going to be good for his red head.

"Ara my dear! What a sur-"

Julius subconsciously growled a little at the greeting, shutting the light fairy up just enough in time for him to start talking.

"Oriander listen carefully. You've got 5 hours to find out which of your torture facilities a dark fairy recently escaped from."

He paused to glance at the time. "I want an exact address by two, and if you don't have it you better have a very good reason why not."

He hung up without preamble, tossing the phone back to Ara and tossing his own phone after it. "Put his phone number in my phone. You might as well add yours too while you're at it."

"Uh," Ara sighed catching the things and adjusted the seat back up and he did as he was told and looked over at the man and asked, "anything else? I can tell it was bad so let me know what I can do or even use my voice too help calm you down if I concentrate hard enough I can even heal, it is complicated to explain and kind of awkward too watch," he sighed remembering those training sessions and learning to meditate and during one of the times with his mother he healed a burn on her hand.

"That's all for now." Julius cringed as it came out as a snap. Sighing, he massaged his temple with one hand, not taking his eye off the road. "I'm sorry Ara, I didn't mean to snap at you."

When his phone rang a moment later, Julius snatched it up and answered it. "I'm on my way... yeah I know I'm late. Mark, Lorius is dead. All he was able to tell us is that Alan is in the same place.... I've already got people working on it. Concentrate on your thing. I'll make sure we find Alan... No, we're not canceling, I'm just a block away... Yeah, see you soon."

Hanging up, he glance at Ara out of the corner of his eye.

"You can come in with me this time if you want." He offered. "And if we find Alan,your ability to heal might useful if you really want to help."

"Of course I do, I just to be of use for you," he looked at Julius and really he hust didn't want to be useless who really can't fight but has full control of their voice like his parents but for his dad he could steal peoples's voices and his mom the two are the same so it was her who handled all the training which she was much more strict, even though his dad is prorective and stubborn he was a push over during homework or training and be easy off Ara and never really challenge him.

"What happened to him? I need a general idea to prepare if I do, it'll help me to build our link together and you can be in the room but he can't know about it. We are supposed to be alone so just be quiet or I can't get either of us too concentrate," he tried explaining because the way it qorks was he gets inside of their head by using his voice very carefully and heals them by using his voice from inside. Much easier if it is all mental problems but he is still no real healer like some of their people are.

Julius shook his head. "We don't have him yet so it doesn't matter right now."

He parked in an alley and got out, leading Ara up a set of rickety stairs. "Just stand quietly behind me and go along with whatever I say about you. Whatever you do don't act too familiar with me."

This guy was the last person he needed to know how close they really were. There were some things he just didn't trust him with. And knowing Ara was actually someone Julius really cared about was one of those things.

They were greeted at the door by a Satyr in nothing more than boxer shorts. Julius knew humans couldn't see the hairy goat feet legs, cloven hooves, and small horns through the mist, but it was still dangerous displaying so much. But then again he'd never considered Mark particularly sane.

"About time you showed up hot stuff. I've got the info you wanted." About to step away to let him in, Mark paused as he noticed the siren.

"Who's that?"

"This is Ara. He's a siren that just joined us. He'll be lending his voice once we find Alan."

The satyr considered him for a moment before nodding and turning back in to the apartment.

Julius followed him in.

"If I start saying too much just stop me, but the gist of it is they've planted lvl 7 convicts in the district. A total of 13. If the council doesn't approve the district clearing, those guys are going to wreck some serious havoc until the council has no choice."

Julius cursed. "How long ago were they planted?"

"3 months."

Julius cursed again. Even with Julius' cold threats hanging over his head, there was only so much Oriander could do. They'd have to change tactics.

"Give me what you have on it. What about the situation with the missing council members?"

Mark started rummaging around a cluttered desktop.

"Five dark faction, two light faction. They all disappeared over the span of a few days and no one has seen or heard from them since. I still don't have any solid leads but I've included what I do have on them so far here as well." He explained as he handed Julius a flash drive.

"Thanks Mark. I'll transfer to funds through the usual method."

The satyr shook his head. "I'll waive the fee this time. Just find Alan and get him home safe."

Julius nodded solemnly and silently waived Ara out the door ahead of him as he turned to go.

"If he doesn't make it, you know what I want." The satyr called after them, receiving only another nod in response.

Julius was determined that Alan would make it. Comforting an inconsolible Mark was not something he relished the thought of doing again.

With everything he heard he now understood Julius much more and he followed right after him like a puppy and kept quiet till things were safe, "what is it he wants with Alan? But what else is next to do, I hope I am not making things complicated with you, " he said feeling a little confused with most things but only because he is so far behind.

"Alan is Mark's brother. The light faction took him and his lover Lorius and tortured them. Lorius escaped, but he's dead." Julius explained. Now call Oriander again."

This time Oriander didn't even bother hoping it was Ara. "What? It hasn't even been two hours!" He complained.

Julius smirked. "And you already have an address for me don't you?"

"Uh well... yeah. It's the abandoned pharmaceutical company on the corner of 5th and Industrial..." the fairy admitted. "But you didn't get that information from me!"

"Excellent. Now regarding Collumbine-"

"I'm Working on it!" Oriander cried.

Julius shook his head. "No, listen." he said icily. That shut the fairy up quickly.

"There's been a change of plan. You're going to delay a decisive decision as long as possible. And while you're at it, you're going to give me the names and locations of all the convicts your faction has seeded into the district. I want that list by the end of the day. I'll be calling you from my own phone next time. Make sure you answer."

Hanging up, Julius gave Ara back his phone.

"Now, I'm taking you home. Just direct me when we get to Collumbine. I have one more call to make."

Pulling out his own phone, he dialed a number from memory.

"Hey, start getting the team together. I found out where Lorius was being held. We're loking for Alan tonight. If he's there, we get him out. Make sure the equipment is good to go. I'll meet you at the warehouse an hour before sunset."

Once he hung up, Julius visibly relaxed. "That gives me a few hours to placate your parents and arrange to have you with me tonight. Are they also going to want to kill me for not contacting them sooner?" he asked wryly.

"You can count on it, Mom will probably want to strangle you and Dad will yell, they wotk in teams when murdering," he explained after gone through it many times sneaking back in or getting caught with the neighbor's son and then their cousin. "I have a reputation so they're going to assume we're dating alright," he chuckled and though it would be perfect because he is the one person they would approve of and let him be out all night.

"Okay we're dating, it'll be perfect just trust me my love," ge teased with a big smile on his facr and began directing him.

Julius groaned. "You're seriously trying to get me killed aren't you? I'm not even going to bother haunting you. You can live out the rest of your lonely existence without me thank you very much." He huffed.

Following Ara's directions, Julius started getting increasingly fidgety the closer they got.

"Seriously though, could you not get me killed by your parents? I'm supposed to be saving a satyr tonight."

"You'll be fine they just love you which is why they do it and believe anything as long as I am with you because they know I'll be protected," he nodded and pointed to the next spot and then next till they arrived. "Just relax and come here," he leaned in close and pulled Julius in and gave the red a deep and passionate kiss to get him convinced and at least smell like Ara. "There now you are much more convincing," he chuckled but he at least enjoyed the kiss.

Julius sighed, relaxing just a little. "I'm still going to use you as a shield. Maybe having to kill you first to get to me will give them paused." Though he knew that technically they didn't need to be anywhere near him to seriously harm him. Sound did have a way of traveling. Especially sound controlled by siren's.

He stuck close as he followed Ara up to the house.

Ara rolled his eyes and climbed out and he walked along with Julius as a shadow on his back, "I'm home," he called out and soon his mom came walking over and still just as beautiful as ever with her long brown hair braided back and her voice as sweet as always. But as soon as she came over she looked up at her son who was only 5 inches taller, she shoved him out of the way and hugged Julius tightly.

Ara stumbled back sighing, "I swear its like she loves you more than me," he rolled his eyes and then came his dad who ignored Ara and hugged Julius. Ara smiled watching Julius while being sucked into those arms and never being let go till the timer in the kitchen went off and then off Mom went and she took out the bread in the oven.

"When we heard from Ara we were a little skeptical about it but we knew he'd never use you as a lie so we have been making some of your old favorites growing up here," Dad laughed and dragged Julius inside the kitchen.

Julius didn't know what to say. He felt a little overwhelmed by the reception and followed numbly as they lead him to the kitchen. He relaxed more and more with each step. It really was like coming home. They'd both spent so much time at each other's houses, that it was like they both had four parents instead of two each.

As they reached the kitchen, he finally snapped out of it and returned their hugs. First one, and then the other. "It's really good to see you guys again. I missed all of you." He admitted.

Mom gave him a kiss on the head smiling, "we missed you too, oh you have gotten so handsome," she smiled and had pattted his cheek and of course they noticed the eye patch but didn't say anything, they were polite and were just happy to have Julius back. Dad came around the corner and he sat the bread down and had made some slices and set plates out.

Ara sat at his side smiling at Julius and watched how happy Julius was, for sure the greatest moment he was having and seeing all three people he cares most im the world all together so he sat quietly watching and making sure he'll remember this forever.