Light or Dark (Silverwyn)

sisne

The young siren didn't know how to respond as a shiver went down his spine, but he understood how Julius could change, one has to and will given his circumstance and he sees the real Julius no matter what. But right now he wasn't sure how he was supposed to act but he went back to his spot so they wouldn't know he had been eavesdropping but he will talk to Julius about what happened and as long he doesn't say anything or anything cute then he won't kiss the red head because he is trying to be serious.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sisne

• Silverwyn

Once Oriander was gone, Julius locked the door, took care of his dishes, and made himself comfortable on the couch. Remembering ruefully the many nights he'd shared his bed with Ara as a child. Back then he'd often been troubled by nightmares of drowning. He'd never told the siren, but he'd always slept easier when Ara climbed into his bed. These days his nightmares were filled with other things and nothing could soothe them.

He tossed and turned for a while, startling awake when he did finally sleep, and gave up.

When morning came, the sunlight crept through curtains in the bedroom, slowly creeping over the bed to shine on the copper fur of a small fox curled up against the siren's side. A deep angry scar marred one eye, but the small creature slept peacefully.

Ara felt a small stream of light hit his face and woke up groaning quietly with his body stretching and then he felt fur and looked down smiling, "cutie," he chuckled stroking his spine gently and rubbed behind his ears but couldn't help but notice how the fur resembled his love's hair. "You remind me of Julius, I don't know what to do with him he just showed up out of no where, he is an idiot.... always has been," he commented.

Roused by the siren's ministrations, the small creature stirred, blinking bleerily up at him with it's one good eye. It tilted it's head as though considering him. After a moment it turned and bounced off the bed, slipping out of the room.

A few minutes later there was the clatter from the kitchen as Julius started making breakfast. He was dressed in what he'd worn the previous night, minus only his shirt.

The rumpled blanket was still on the couch from his attempt to sleep there the previous night.

"Hey," he watched it run off and later walked out also only in his jeans and holding his shirt, because sometimes he'll wake up feeling like he is being choked. He asked quickly seeing Julius and for the first time without his shirt, "Where did the fox go?" He gulped a little looking away, because this man gave him feelings in a way no one could which made the siren nervous till he remembered last night and then he just needed to wait to ask about that all.

"And good morning to you too." Julius greeted sarcastically. He then indicated the pet door. "He comes and goes as he pleases. You probably won't see him again since I'm taking you home after breakfast."

He started cracking eggs into the hot pan. "Anything you don't eat?" He asked, indicating the bacon, cheese, and chopped onions, peppers and tomatoes on the counter near the stove.

"No bacon, I don't eat meat... so I'm not seeing you again then is that what you mean? This was all just an accident and you were yo just remain dead to me I guess. Then why have someone look for me, that was the reason I only kissed you was because you said something nice and it made me happy...." he sighed looking down so annoyed, he didn't want to fight but being angry was easier and he couldn't figure out how to bring up about his district

"I'm not dead Ara, and you'll know that whether you see me again or not." He tossed in everything but the bacon, folding the egg over on itself.

" And it's not like I plan to avoid you or anything, I'm sure we're bound to run into each other again. But it's not like I live a normal civilian life. Surely you've realized at least that much by now. You definitely shouldn't be seen meeting me in public on a regular basis. And I think there's too way much sexual tension between us for you to be making regular house calls. I move around too much anyway."

Plating the omelet, he shoved it at Ara and started making his own. "Forks are over there." He indicated the dish rack by the sink.

"Ultimately though, the bottom line is that associating yourself with me is a bad idea if you want to keep your comfortable, normal life."

Ara felt awkward as doon as the sexual tension was mentioned and instantly was blushing, obviously he hit it right onbthe head and was embarrassed. "I would at least asdumed you'd know I'd expect to not have a normal life with you as long as I had you in my life in anyway possible. I'm just not comfortable in these types of situations where someone knows me so well and I just feel like an idiot right now... I over heard about last night," he just went right on and spit it out and based on his tone of voice he was just embarrassed and appeared to be flustered with everything all happening at once. Ara got up and he got a fork and was messing with the tips by pushing his thumb over it, stabbing himself a little so he could snap out of it. He was nervous and didn't know how to act right now.

"You're not an idiot Ara. It's just-" He had started to say, but he froze at the mention of the previous night's conversation.

After a moment, he resumed cooking, a small press of his lips the only indication he was troubled.

"You were eavesdropping? And despite that you're still here? Are you all there in the head Ara? No, I'm sorry, that was uncalled for."

Shutting off the fire, and scrubbing his face in his hands, he abandoned his omelet and turned to face the siren.

"Let's be straight with each other. Ara, in the time since I last saw you as a child, I've watched my parents be tortured to death, suffered the excruciating loss of my eye, found out what I really am, blackmailed and threatened men and women, light, dark and neutral alike. I've done unspeakable things and stained my hands with blood. Knowing all of this, what is it you want from me? What kind of presence do you want me to be in your life? And what kind of life do you want?"

"Shut up," Ara sighed and hugged him tightly, "be yourself and don't think I want an older version of Julius eight years ago or that I need protected, I never once thought I'd have a decond chance at anything and I do now for a reason. Hell, I met Oriander and led me to you so I regret nothing I only regret never seeing you earlier because I'd do this for you whenever you needed it. I want to keep my truly and still my only best friend safe. Why do you think I was always following you around? You're still my Julius," he blushed holding on to him tightly because he wasn't sure he'd be able to speak like this looking at his face. "I'd like to always be with you but I know you can't so when you need or just want me then please, come to me and I'll hold you even tighter now or just sleep in my bed like when we were kids. I liked it every time because I felt safer with you there," he breathed finally letting it out of his heart he has bottled up.

Julius stood awkwardly for a moment, not sure what he wanted to do with his hands. Finally he gave in and hugged Ara back.

"I've missed you too Ara. I've always slept better beside you."

He sighed. "Do what you want. If you don't mind getting caught up in my mess, I'll just have to my best to protect you. Just be careful."

Releasing his hold, he gave the siren a nudge. "Now go finish eating. What time are your parents expecting you home?"

"Well when it is someone you love you know it is worth it, but Nulius you have to relax you have always been so awkward in these situations. Every time I would kiss you as kids you went so awkward like this," he sighed and sat down to eat and answered, "11," but for Ara he was always so affectionate and giving kisses and no body minded if it was a pretty little boy with big blue eyes.

Julius turned back to his half forgotten omelet. "You'd always catch me off guard. I did eventually get used to it. But now... You're the closest anyone's been to me in 8 years. I didn't know where we stood. One moment you were saying you'd never kiss me, and the next you were kissing me. And then you hugged me so suddenly. I wasn't expecting it. I'm still confused Ara. Are we friends? Or are you trying to be something more?"

Finding that the residual heat had cooked the rest of the egg through, he tossed it onto a plate and sauteed the things that were supposed to have gone into it separately before pouring it on top of the egg and topping it with cheese.

"I only kissed you because you said something sweet and would it be bad if I was trying to push for more? I told you Ive loved you as casually as possible in conversation but I thought it was obvious, you are the only person I've truly loved," he sighed looking at him a little flustered.

"You were so past tense about it all, what am I supposed to think?"

Grabbing a fork, he set his food down and looked straight at the siren.

"In my own way, I've always loved you too Ara. I don't think it amounts to quite the same, but I certainly don't dislike your kisses. Now come on, eat up, you may not be due back till 11, but I've got a meeting at 9." He said, finally starting on his own food.

"Alright I am sorry I wasn't as clear but I love you and no one has ever or will measure up to you, I am truly in love with you," he looked at him a little red and he finished up his food as careful as possible, because he was still a little nervous. "So what exactly is gonna go on or should I try and get my parents out, a holiday is coming up," he asked not sure what to do with those two.

Julius looked at him in confusion. "Get them out? What are you talking about?"

He thought back over the entirety of their conversation, trying to think of what he might be referring to. Why would Ara need to get his parents out? Out of what?

He recalled Ara's outburst about having heard the conversation the previous night. They'd been talking about Collumbine District.

He blinked. He liked the district because it reminded him of his childhood home near Ara. Unless it was...

"Ara, are you're parents living in Collumbine? Is that why you were listening in? Because it was about your district?"

"I thought you knew, we never moved and are still in the same old house and I am still in the same old room, so it is why I am asking if we should go and you let me know when it is safe to return or would there be an evacuation? I thought with you trying to check in on me and trying to get someone to find me that you would at least know," he explained feeling a little surpised.

"I..." Julius bit his lip, considering how much to say. "When they came for us, they took us out of the city entirely. I didn't know where, we'd been taken, but I couldn't really tell you where we'd been taken from either." He admitted.

"I ended up in this city for practicality's sake. Part of my trouble with finding you was that I didn't know where to start looking in the first place. Collumbine caught my attention because it's so similar to my memory of what home was like, but it was different enough that I never really considered it could actually be the same place." Julius shrugged, looking slightly embarrassed at the admission.

"Anyway, I don't know how much you heard last night. But Oriander isn't going to let that scheme carry through. I am concerned about what drastic measures the light faction working with his father to push it, might go to though. It made be best to be ready to get out of there at a moment's notice. I'm always keeping an ear to the ground for what the light faction is doing. As soon I get even the slightest idea that you and your parents might be in danger, I'll let you know."

Finished with his own breakfast, Julius set his dishes in the sink.

"I'm going to take a quick shower and get dressed. You can have the shower once I'm finished if you like." he said, walking out of the kitchen.

Ara watched Julius and he gently stroked his cheek and held that side of the face, "either way, we found each other and that is what matters," he removed his hand and let him finish talking, "just remember, when you feel like you need hug and someone to pull you back together just let me know," he reminded Julius because he looked like he needed it and he put his dishes away, "I'll be fine and shower at my home, I'd rather not make you late and possibly be a burden now, because of me even being at the party I distracted you and you got knocked out," he did feel bad for that.

Julius shook his head. "We were both surprised by that situation. I'm sure you would have been a great asset if we'd both been working on that together from the start. But you did help me get away in the end. Don't worry yourself over it."

He stooped to place a chaste kiss on the siren's cheek and disappeared to get showered and dressed.

"Oh Julius, for you no matter what I'd have your back," he went to the room and grabbed his shoes and be ready to leave but he couldn't help but think if they were on that together they would had done great and of course he did his silly daydreaming and they would be lovers of course fighting together, he just needs to break Julius of that reserved awkward side of his and just may have an idea to do it.

Julius showered quickly and dressed in what was casual for him. Most people were generally intimidated by his idea of casual though.

As he exited the bathroom he heard his phone ring and went to dig it out of the couch.

"What?" He demanded as he answered.

"What do you mean right now?...Seriously? Shit. I'll be right there." Sighing, he hung up.

"Change of plans Ara. I don't hanve time to take you home right now. I'll be back soon as I can, but you may need to let your parents know there's a chance you'll be late. Tell them you ran into me last night and ended up at my place if you have to."

"That I judt ran into you and you think they may believe that just out of the blue? Can i just come along? I can just wait somewhere in the back and not be a bother, they may want to hear my side with Oriander... I don't know I nust thought I might ask," he shrugged having had a plan to Julius but yhat will have to wait. "I know Mom and Dad would be interested in seeing you, they miss you too they considered you like another son and if it weren't for suvh a bad birth with me, Mom would have had more so that is one of why they love you," he explained and still he felt guilty for being such a troubled birth, he was born big for one and she got sick and had have surgery which resulted to being incapable to have anymore children and if she did it'd be a 1 to a million chance.