An Honorable Sacrifice [Sathenus & Dragongirl26][Private, 18+]

Sathenus

Alarian nodded when he was asked about some water, "Sure." He responded before he turned to go do so, not missing the smile that he was given. It was strange, in a good way. The smile seemed to light up the demon's face, a huge improvement to the rather cruel smiles he had received up until that point. It brought Amon into a whole knew light for Alarian, allowing him to stand there for a moment and admire this new creature before him. After a moment he snapped himself out of his thoughts and left to go get the water, checking on Xylan as he filled two glasses before returning to the demon once more. Alarian knew it would probably be awhile before Amon was back up and on his feet.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sathenus

• Dragongirl26

"Thanks now go take care of the kid before he thinks something is up." Amon said closing his eyes as he ate some food

Xylan looked at him not sure what was going on. "Is Something wrong with me and you don't want to be with me." he asked seeing him walking out of the room and sighing. "I'm sorry am I a birden to you guys? would it have been better if I died?" he asked next time he saw him and looked at his food not sure if they were forcing to be nice.

Alarian sighed when he was dismissed being once more told to go take care of Xlyan. He wouldn't say he didn't like the child or felt burdened by him but he was a little frustrated that he was constantly being told to go take care of him. As he entered the room once more he glanced towards Xlyan as the young boy spoke. "No, it would not have been." No matter how much Alarian didn't understand how he suddenly ended up taking care of a kid who seemed to constantly need his attention, he would do so until Xylan was older and more independent.

"Sir ala I want to thank you for taking care of me I know that I don't know a lot of things." he said looking down. "Just say the word and I will go back to what I am use to doing alright And I promise I will never get in your way again." he said feeling that he needed too much from ala. "Why don't you take care of Amon I don't need anything right now alright I just needed to know if I was a baggages that you didn't want to carry." he said sighing as he felt like he was going to go back to take care of himself and just be thrown stuff so he could eat. "I don't want to need you all the time but I need to have you keep reminding me that I am not back at home."

Giving the boy a small smile he spoke, "He wants me here looking after you." He replied as he settled himself in a chair beside Xylan. Even if he was a little frustrated and feeling more and more like a nanny and babysitter he knew he was doing the right thing. "You wont need me forever." He added as he let his eyes drift shut for a moment. This would definitely be one hell of a test. To see if he was even up to the challenge of raising a child. He was an angel, but even some things did not come naturally to them.

"I only need your help on stuff I never did." he said looking at him and look down blushing. "Is there a book I could read about it I learned how to read even tho my dad didn't want me to it was the only way to pass the time by." he whispered

Alarian opened his eyes and looked over to Xylan when he asked about a book. A small frown crossed his face, "Honestly? I don't know." He admitted. If Alarian was being completely honest with himself he didn't know if there was a book for Xylan to read regardless of the topic. Not having explored the building, all he had seen was the bedroom, bathroom, the way to the demon's throne and the kitchen. Getting to his feet he held his hand out towards Xylan. "Come on. We can go looking together."

"Alright." the boy said smiling as he finished eating. "That way maybe you don't have to teach me everything I don't know and I can read about it." he said smiling he really wanted to know weird things like where did clothes come from how were they made? Why were some people mean and others were good? Xylan just thought about a lot of things

Leading Xylan from the room Alarian started his way down the halls. Occasionally stopping to look into a room and see if maybe that would be what the were looking for. It had to have been a half an hour or so of looking before he finally found a library. Happy that he finally seemed to found somewhere that they could both occupy themselves he lead Xylan into the room. "Just be sure you put back whatever you take off a shelf."

The little boy walked around the place he was getting really tired and wanted to turn around when they found it his eye's when wide at all the books and he got happy and excited at the same time Xylan nodded at what the angel said and looked around wondering where to start and went to the books that tell about stuff and got one out and set down and then started to read it. It was about how angel's, demons, and mages. "You think I can try to use magic or what would happen if I tried?" he asked

Alarian plucked a random book from the shelves and settled down in one of the chairs in the room to start reading it. At least until he heard Xylan speak. Glancing up from his page his eyes moved towards the boy. "Normally the ability to do so is in the family somewhere. So I'm afraid that unless one of your relatives can, past or present. It's unlikely." Of course, Alarian never liked to give anyone bad news. He didn't even like telling Xylan the chances of him being able to do any sort of magic was extremely unlikely.

Xylan looked down and sighed not sure what he should do he wanted to help but he didn't know how. "I'm sorry I really want to help but I am not sure how to." he said sighing and looking down and then back up not so sure about what was going on either but wanted to do something. Xylan took a deep breath. "What can I do to help around this place I feel like I need to do something to help out." he said

Glancing toward Xylan yet again as the boy spoke, Alarian gave him a small smile. "I'll tell you what." Closing the book he had been reading he sat up straighter. "Help me make sure that Amon is eating enough and always has something nearby to drink until he is back on his feet. That will be more than enough help." It was a start after all, and it would make Xylan at least feel like he was doing something helpful.

"Alright I will love to help what happened to Amon for him to need help?" he asked looking at him as he got a cook book out to promote healing. "Alright I have it here based on what he need to help him heal." he said smiling and read the book wonder what was wrong with him.

"He just hurt his back." Alarian replied as he stood and put his own book back on the shelf where it belonged. He wasn't sure just how much he should tell Xylan about what had happened to the demon. Figuring the child was still young enough to not need to know everything. Walking over to the child he looked down over his shoulder, "You are right that would work."

"There are some drinks to help with the pain and help his back heal." he said smiling. "I am happy about that Is there a reason why he hurt his back He was ok yesterday I know that." he said Xylan wanted to know what happened he was a curious boy

"It's hard to explain." Alarian replied when he was asked if there was a reason that Amon had hurt his back. Instead he just held his hand out to Xylax. "Lets go make him one of those drinks shall we?" He said with a small smile knowing that would keep the little boy busy for a few minutes. Leading him back to the kitchen he gathered everything they would need to make the drink. Like he had suspected it did keep them busy for awhile before they were walking down the hall to deliver it to Amon. He had let Xylan carry it knowing that it would probably mean more to the little boy to bring the drink himself.

Xylan smiled as he got the drink ready and he smiled "Thanks I am so happy I can't even think about what is going on thanks for helping me make this." he said and carried the drink into Amon's room where the wound was closed up at this time.

"Amon I made you a drink to help you get better." he said walking over and gave it to him.

Amon smiled and started to drink it. "Thank you it taste really good." he said looking at the boy

Alarian smiled slightly as he watched Xylan give the drink to Amon. He was quite pleased that the young boy wanted to help so much. After a moment he turned his gaze back to the demon. Even if he still wasn't quite happy that things turned out the way they had he knew he was here to stay. A promise was a promise, and he didn't want to risk anyone by leaving. Still, he wasn't really sure what was to come now.

"Its the least I can do because of what you have done for me you have helped me you both have helped me took me in gave me food and everything I need to live." the boy said blushing,

"Ala sit with me for a bit how are you doing with the kid are you having fun with each other and showing him what the world can be like." he said smiling

Alarian looked up eyes locking on Amon when he spoke telling him to sit with him for a bit. At first he hesitated, but after a moment he moved closer, though he really only sat on the side of the bed. He wasn't the type to press himself to another unless he was sure of the situation. Right now, he could not be more unsure of what his life held or what his true purpose was here anymore. The question of how he was doing with the kid made him sigh. "Xylan." He replied telling the demon the child's name, "The two of us decided his name is Xylan." He elaborated. It wasn't like he could tell Amon that he felt somewhat like a nanny at this point. So instead he just shrugged, "I guess. We discovered the library, he read a little. Mentioned he wanted to help out around here." Alarian added with another shrug.

"Xylan I like that name." he said smiling. "Xylan You can do what ever you want now and if you want it just ask I hope you can get your room to your liking after looking at some books of stuff you might like in the libary or on the shelf over there not all of them has torture in it." he said looking at both of them.

Xylan looked over at the books but was scared to go get it he didn't know if there was anything that would help or hurt him on that shelf he looked at ala to let him know if it was alright or not.

Alarian watched Xylan as the little boy looked over to the shelf and the books on it in the room. Noticing how he turned back to him and the obvious uncertainty on his face. "Go ahead, it's okay." He said encouragingly giving Xylan a small smile. He was sure after this morning that Amon wouldn't do anything to intentionally harm the child. Especially considering how open he had been to letting the boy stay here with them the other day before everything had happened this morning. Leaning back a little he noticed in doing so he brought himself closer to Amon. Though he didn't mind as he watched Xylan for a moment, his eyes slipping shut a few seconds later.

Xylan walked over and started to looking through the books and smiled at the pictures in them he walked over to Ala and pulled on his shirt and pointed to a race car. "Like." he said smiling and looked threw the book some more

Looking at the picture of the race car that Xylan showed him Alarian nodded summoning one for the boy. Setting the toy down on the floor he leaned back on his right hand watching as Xylan happily looked through the book. After a moment he turned his gaze back to Amon. "How are you feeling?" he questioned.