• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ryuu_L

• Katsuki

• littlespiral

• Saga

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I think I know which interview lethalyx was talking about because one of them concerns Yuri and Otabek xD

when is it for, granny? :_red_fox 6

lololol I'm crying! (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖

f144d37d0e_104076386_o2.jpg

a29503c0ac_104076387_o2.jpg

where is Kazakhstan; how to date a Kazah boy lolol i love it!

e02530d2f6_104076388_o2.jpg

b03f92d37b_104076390_o2.jpg

d50f4da26e_104076394_o2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, real sh*t is happening.

Just look what's gonna be in the next BD/DVD bonus footage. Full sequences of course. Real badass sh*t guys, I'm telling you. Prepare your voice, your balls/ovaries & your blood. You're gonna lose all of it.

403351IMG20170410111743.jpg

219775IMG20170410112104.jpg

That denuded back...

880783IMG20170410113028.jpg

Stripping time. Severe nosebleed.

158380IMG20170410111753.jpg

Yes. Welcome to Madness.

743748IMG20170410113131.jpg

Ovaries blown up.

668164IMG20170410111756.jpg

Yes Otabek, shoot me. Send me to YoI Heaven.

Can't get tired of Yuri's tribute to Johnny Weir's spider sequence. I've listened to Welcome to Madness several times since the album's release and I know I'm not gonna be disappointed. And Otabek, you Dark Stalion, you're too much for my poor eyes ._.

Well, for the last BD/DVD bonus footage, I expect as the full exhibition duet Yuuri/Viktor and some peek at Yuuri's new life in Russia, training next to Viktor, Yuri and Yakov yelling at the background, nothing less.

( ̄へ ̄)

And according to one of MAPPA's latest interviews, they've edited several YoI's sequences, be it choregraphies or random scenes.

And Kubo said that when reviewing and editing ep 10, her mind was already in hard mode process and busy with several ideas for YoI (it's not the first time she says that). As for Yamamoto, she's ready to break everything as long as she can get her perfect butts (yes, she has a real butt fetish XD).

Yes, I really need to post these YoI >.> Gonna do it today, promise!

Did you see that? I keep on replaying it.

[video=youtube;Hifll-iE1HY]

I'm pretty sure it's Georgi who did Yuri's makeup XD

OMG yasss!!

LOLOL!! yesss, i'm sure Georgi has a heavy influence on Yurio's makeup!

i mean, look:

tumblr_oo73gy3NNZ1vlzjn6o2_540.png

tumblr_oo73gy3NNZ1vlzjn6o1_500.png

I JUST... CAN'T! (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖

Bwahahah I can't stop laughing when I see Georgi's face, honestly, I love that guy XDDD

All right, let's get these interviews now! (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧

*looks at her sore fingers and tries to strench her back* I know now what it's like to write and type for 11 hours non-stop~ I'll write other interviews later on.

Next time, I'll write and post some Yamamoto & Kubo's interviews.

Credits go to Aki the geek, my fellow savior for making the interviews reachable for fans~

Hiratmasu Tadachi (Character Designer) Interview, Frebi March 2017

H: When Yamamoto came to me to ask if I'd like to join a figure skating anime production, my first tought was "Why me?" (laughs).

I'm more known for being good at drawing girls, so I wondered why I got an offer about skating anime with only boys (laughs).

However, once we actually started production, I understood Yamamoto's intentions. When skaters step onto the ice, even if they're male, there's often something androgynous about what they express. The make skaters in YoI express the sensuality hidden inside of them, and I thought this is where Yamamoto expected me to shine.

Q: Were you reluctant about those expectations?

H: No, not really. But there were moments as the series progressed when the atmosphere was all "is this for real...? (laughs). Personally, I wasn't perceiving [Viktor & Yuuri] as the main focus of the show, though. However, I am sure that there are many things swirling around in Yamamoto & Kubo's heads regarding those moments (laughs).

Q: I take it you were not expecting some of the things to happen? (laugh)

H: Yes. Most of the cast is male, so I thought there would be viewers who will interpret things in a certain way and get excited over them. But I certainly did not expect so many unexpected developments to happen in the actual series.

I got the project offer in July 2015, I started designing in September and drawing for the 1st episode started in March 2016. So, if you include the work on storyboards, we had sightly over a year of preparation before everything started. When Yamamoto offered me the job, Kubo already had about two episodes worth of her storyboards. I thought Kubo's characters drafts were similar in style to my work.

The heads-bodies ratio and the balance of face features in her drawings weren't that far away from how actual people look like. Of course, there were some manga-like modifications. Overall, her style was overlapping with mine, making my work easy. What I was struggling the most with was how to picture the bodies. Yamamoto paid a lot of attention to the bodies of skaters: they have long legs and well developped butts and thighs. Compared to the typical character designs, we had to accentuate those parts, so deciding on the design took me some time.

Q: Skaters' butts appear to be positionned higher compared to other people.

H: I was like "really?" when Yamamoto told me about that. Nonetheless, when I actually watched some skaters, I noticed that the upper part of their buttocks is raised pretty high up there. Seriously, you could put things on their butts. Yamamoto told me several times to make sure the characters' mental state shows in their expressions when they skate.

There was a stark difference between funny and serious parts in Kubo's drafts, so I tried to follow that. With every episode, we'd take the pivotal expressions from Kubo's drafts and use them as our base. Eyes and eyebrows are the most distinguishing characteristics parts of our characters.

For example, Yuuri's eyes are kind of trapezoidal, circular in shape. When he's relaxed, he looks a bit absent-minded (laugh). Viktor appears to be aloof, difficult to shake, while Yuri (Yurio)'s expressions make him seem to always be in a fight-mode. Yuri often sports a sour look, so when he blushes or laughs, the difference is striking.

Kubo explained to me that when Yuuri's face laughs, his heart doesn't always do the same (laughs). Yuuri has problems with his confidence, so, sometimes, he forces a smile when he closes himself off from the world.

Q: Compared to the other two skaters, it's hard to guess what Viktor is thinking.

H: That's true. He is this unpredictable genius, towering above humans. His eyebrows make a straight line, so it is hard to guess his thoughts. On another hand, Yuuri's eyebrows are arched, which gives him a friendly look.

Q: What kid of person is Yamamoto?

H: She is like a combination of all YoI characters (laughs). Sometimes, she is aloof like Viktor, hard to approach and then, the next second, she is stirring restlessly like Yuuri. I mean, she did invite me to work on a male figure skating anime, I should have known she would be like this (laughs). For example, Yamamoto never cut any corners when it came to skating scenes. I couldn't believe it when she told us she intended to include 14 people worth of skating scenes past episode 9. I was sure we would end up cutting some out during the production, but in the end, we mostly stuck to the plan. From the very beginning, Yamamoto kept saying she "will make YoI into an anime no one has ever seen before". It helped that MAPPA producer Otsuka was supportive of her ideas. "We're in trouble if we keep this up" I though while working on episodes 2-3 for premiere viewings.

Q: Trouble?

H: I wasn't sure if we would be physically able to make all the deadlines because of the amount of work.

Q: Will you participate in the eventual season 2?

H: I don't think season 2 would be possible without the members who worked on season 1. Yamamoto would probably be like "We're doing it, right? You're obviously joining, right?". Nothing is decided yet, though (laughs).

----

(Hiramatsu in another interview of which I don't recall the reference atm, sorry)

(about Yuuri) : I always draw nostrils on my characters, because they help create a bigger variety of expressions. Because Yuuri is chubby in episodes 1-2, I made sure to properly capture the weight difference between these and later episodes. On the cover of the 1st DVD, Yuuri is still a bit on the heavier side; notice his rounded cheeks. We used typical Japanese body characteristics as our base for Yuuri's design. I kept in mind that Yuuri shouldn't be too muscular and gave him long arms and wide, bony hands.

(about Viktor) Silky hair and straight eyebrows are important parts of Viktor's design. He is aloof, hard to shake and a bit of a natural airhead, which is showed through the shape of his eyes and eyebrows. Viktor's posture is dignified and his body slender, but he still has quite an impressive butt. He radiates adult-like confidence, but he is in his late 20s, so you can still see the child in him. Sometimes, he can be quite childish too, which is shown for instance when he fails to read the atmosphere.

(about Yuri): Designing Yuri went smoothly, he was the easiest one for me. I simply drew him like I would draw a girl. He has a bit of a prickly attitude, a girly slender body. He is only 15, someone you could still call a child. Keeping that in mind, I gave Yuri a wide variety of changing expressions. Even more so than Viktor's, Yuri's hair speaks for him; it covers his eyes, highlights his expressions.

(about JJ) Kubo & Yamamoto told me he was supposed to be the "annoying guy" kind of type. But you know, JJ is actually confident about his popularity (laughs). He has prominent eyebrows and eyes as well as a big mouth, features that help highlight his personality. He has the biggest expressions and gestures as well as a strong smile. He has a solid build and big limbs in addition to being tall; the typical macho body type. His facial structure is rather adult-like, making it difficult to show his youthness.

(on Otabek) : He's the hero of Kazakhstan, so we aimed for a strong image reminiscent of people from central Asia and Mongols. I pretty much kept the entirety of Kubo's design from her drafts when it comes to Otabek. His eyes are close to his eyebrows, and his facial features are not that sharp. Otabek often looks troubled, making it difficult to read his expressions. Otabek is not that tall, with rather short limbs; he sports a typical Asian build. In contrast to slender, delicate Yuri, Otabek is supposed to be the manly, strong and straightforward type.

(about Chris) : He has a very prominent butt. He is long-limbed and muscular, but there is softness to his muscles too. His expressions are kind. He sports a blond two-block haircut, but his original color is chesnut brown; he bleaches it (more precisely because his roots are chestnut brown). I kept in mind no to go overboard with his expressions to avoid making him creepy.

(about Pitchit) : The main design points were his wide eyes & thick, straight eyebrows. He is a natural optimist. He was supposed to contrast with Yuuri, so he is always full of cheerfulness. Pitchit is surprisingly small, no too muscular. He is confident and just like Otabek, he is proud of his country.

OMG

! did you just type the whole interview?! i thought you meant a video link or something. but you actually typed the whole thing! Wahh~!

tumblr_mf20a7J8r31qejwiio1_.gif

Q: Skaters' butts appear to be positionned higher compared to other people.

H: I was like "really?" when Yamamoto told me about that. Nonetheless, when I actually watched some skaters, I noticed that the upper part of their buttocks is raised pretty high up there. Seriously, you could put things on their butts.

Pffftt!! i like how they emphasis on this! lol! that's actually one of the highlight of the anime! at least for me XD i hope they won't do any changes on the characters butt in the future! lol!

Thank you so much for this Lethalyx! you're awesome~! it was worth the wait!

Yes, there will be a 2nd season. The thing is that MAPPA (above all Kubo & Yamamoto) can't officially announce it until they have several things set, be it in producing or scouting. Kubo & Yamamoto are real workaholic and realistic maniacs and even if Kubo hasn't stop having ideas since season 1 has finished airing (and was more than surprised by the worldwide success YoI was triggering, to her greatest -and Yamamoto's- joy), and even more since they edited several episodes for the BD/DVD volumes, she isn't the kind to rush things, nor is Yamamoto. They're the perfectionist type. And I'd rather wait two years to have another astounding season than wait four months for a rushed one.

And the deal is even more important cause since it's an original work, it wasn't aired during the big audience rating hours (it was aired around 2:30 am jp local time -don't remember the exact time) because no one knew -except Yamamoto- that it would be so voted in~ and now that the broadcasting industry has seen the impact of an original work (usually, anime industry and TV channels are more confident and relaxed when an anime is based on a manga or game -or sometimes novels if it has gained success (like kino no tabi or baccano!)- but they are really fearful if it's an original work because it has no fanbase, so guarantee that the anime will have some success (I can only think of Death Parade which is an original work but it's airing has been kinda discreet despite it's quality graphics and plot -personal opinion here but for me much more worth than some cliché anime) and they air it when there's not much tv audience rate (which is both understandable and paradoxal). Which is what happened for YoI.

Anyway, I'm starting to digress here -.-

They're working on YoI, but no announce will me made until they have a fixed air season and date (fall 2017/winter 2018/etc)

---

Yes XD Thanks for the slow applause!

And I'm ready for another YoI interview~

And everyone knows (above all among the MAPPA staff) how much Yamamoto has a (ice skating) butt fetish XD

Can I join the fanclub? XD I'm addicted and in love. Victuri is my new OTP... along with Rushton and Elspeth from Obernewtyn... and Cryptx and Nefarios from a roleplay. I'm not very experienced at being a fangirl OTZ so please be gentle with me. XD

I don't know if I like that laugh. *wiggles eyebrows*

Ommmm... isn't it so steamy when Viktor gets intimate. I swear he spends half the time touching Yuri in some way.

I love this part. Viktor has no reason to be holding Yuri like that. Sorry for the crappy quality.

Yuri%20on%20Ice%20embrace.png

Ah,

! i would love to hear it~! please do share ^_^

---------

Regarding the BD/DVD version of the Yuri On Ice, as

said, they remake several scenes in the original TV anime that was initially aired, including some dance scenes! here are some comparison (made by YOI fan) between the TV version and the BD/DVD version from episode 8:

Episode 8 (TV vs BD/DVD version)

tumblr_oo7oukrNsD1syfxcgo4_1280.gif

tumblr_oo7oukrNsD1syfxcgo7_500.gif

tumblr_oo7oukrNsD1syfxcgo2_1280.gif

tumblr_oo7oukrNsD1syfxcgo5_1280.gif

tumblr_oo7oukrNsD1syfxcgo1_1280.gif

tumblr_oo7oukrNsD1syfxcgo6_1280.gif

the BD/DVD version has more detailed and higher quality than the TV version~! i can't wait to get my hands on one! (ノ≧∀≦)ノ

Just to let you know

A JGV with Yuri!!! on ICE cosplayers, ok? Shieet- i don't want to live on this planet anymore

tumblr_ol5zonWwDp1qi545zo1_1280.jpg

Just to let you know

A JGV with Yuri!!! on ICE cosplayers, ok? Shieet- i don't want to live on this planet anymore

tumblr_ol5zonWwDp1qi545zo1_1280.jpg

OMG!! REALLY?! LOL~!.... is that supposed to be Viktor and Yuuri Katsuki on the cover and the back? omg..... i'm dead... lolol....

ok so I know the director who was doing this and dubbing this he was telling me that this wasn't a Yaoi and they it was a bromance ^^ Then after they kissed he changed and said "I am making this the best damn Yaoi ever." ^^ I was laughing so hard because I was telling him the entire time that it was a Yaoi

Oh an can I join in because I loved Yuri on ice ^^