What is different in your life ever since you started waching and reading yaoi?

lotusflower

I became totally uninterested in guys especially the arrow straight ones..!! I became extremely put off even if they're just talking go me. I got the impulse of pairing up all the good looking guys I know...!!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ero Gaki

• lotusflower

• 〜キキ〜

• XiuLin

Everything changed in my life when i started watching and reading Yaoi . The most important part was ,that I made new friends and we shared the same wiews. it's so nice and fun to meet people with the same interests . Soon i found myself loving Yaoi .

My life has changed, I've met a lot of wonderful people that I wouldn't have met otherwise.

I've more variety to read and watch, some of them very sexy too.

It helps with anxiety, remembering my OTP brings some familiarity back to me when I'm feeling disconnected from reality.

It doesn't have done me any favours moneywise.

I'm pretty surprised there were smart ladies in the yaoicon in our area.

Nothing really change because I keep my fandom a secret even to my otaku friends.

When I'm gonna be independent, I'm gonna splurge on goodies.

• 2 weeks later...

YO made me kind of antisocial and more perverted. I am watching the world with a different pair of glasses as i used before. Not bad but still i m not quite used to it. Of course i met wonderful people here and someone to share this part of me with.

I have more topics to talk to with my friends and my best friends considered me as pervert now :)

and I have more fun reading manga and watch anime too as I read many genres now

I ship a lot pairings regardless it's anime characters or real life people

and I think I found meaning to my life now OTL

Hahahahahaha :D OH and I learn many words too!

Me? Added one more obsession. Its like chocolate, you need it once in a while, you miss it once in a while, and.. end up craving for it, like some nostalgia, I'm not saying is endless, but when is in your life; won't stop feeding you with some sort satisfaction.

I don't think it changed my life drastically, but on some level I think it change or least added to my understanding of personal likes and dislikes when it come to sensual material if that makes any sense. I notice a lot of people mentioned that it made them perverts (which is interesting), I can't really say it has because I've have many --what one would consider-- deviant interest BL, yaoi, etc just add fuel to the flame so to say.

• 3 weeks later...

it made me realize that love comes with different color

...color you didnt know that exists......when it comes you cant avoid it..

.,,made me more optimistic and open-minded...

• 5 weeks later...

Well for starters I view gay rights way differently. Not that I had a problem with it to begin with, but I just didn't mind it much; now I'm more active in gay rights and their freedom to be married etc.

It helped me to identify my true sexuality. Since watching/reading yaoi, I have discovered myself as gay, and I am really thankful about it :)

I guess it helped me subconsciously come out with my own pansexuality, term meaning i think to me at least that you are comportable in some ways with romantic involvements with either gender, both genders at once, and or questioning sexual identity persons. But friends, infulences, yaoi otaku has also helped me notice oh so much about myself.

alexia i am proud of you. :)

-reads more on this thread-

- - - Updated - - -

ShadowKnight also proud of you.

4 all members here. be true to yourselves, love yourself before others, love others, be kind, be loving, and be accepting.

• 2 weeks later...

First, my views about homosexual people. I used to think gay people are only limited to guys wanting to be girls (and vice versa), because that is how they are portrayed in the media here in my country. After I became a yaoi fan, I realized the real meaning of sexuality.

Also, I now see gay couples as how I see hetero couples, and they all make me feel warm inside no matter what gender each person is. If you get what I mean.

:hamtaro-005 (17):

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
I completely agree! It's really helped me realise that they aren't the stereotypes that the media has shoved down our throats - their personalities, looks, emotions, interests, everything is as diverse as the rest of us.

It's also made me a little more hopeful in finding love? Like seeing all those divorce statistics and most of the people around me having unhappy marriages, seeing that cheating is becoming the norm and seeing douchey guys everywhere. I do realise that not all gay relationships get happy endings but it kind of gives me hope that love can still exist. Idk.. it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside

First, and foremost, it helped me clearing all the confusion that I had about my sexuality. I'm bi, and proud of it. :o Now I'm more at peace.

More... let's see... my knowledge of homosexual relationships increased, that's for sure. And as a result, I now have a greater variety of fantasies in my mind.

Ah! I started using password on my pc too :rolleyes: ... although If I am asked directly, I will admit that I watch and read yaoi (no shame in that). ;)

I think I became more liberal minded and also interested in gender/sexuality studies (to the point where I like reading essays about various social institutions)

...and I discovered the use of incognito browsers lol

• 1 month later...

Like most of yaoi fan, i started to ship my classmate in the middle of class :leaf20: It is really funny especially when the class is boring :Excited:

I started to feel like, 'shoujo isn't enough' :leaf5: I don't used to like shoujo mangas but i'm reading less shoujo manga now.. :D