Lamento ~Beyond the Void~ Installation Guide

Aoi

I downloaded the vista patch, yes. But that didn't work either. And I moved them to the folder where I installed the game.

It's strange... I just installed the game and for me it works fine... the patches also work... And my installation folder looks exactly like yours.....

Did you install the game correctly? Cause maybe the patches don't work because the game isn't installed properly...

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and this time I know I did everything right but the patches still don't want to work.. I think windows 7 hates me.XD I tried trouble shooting it too. a window popped up ????/???? that it said that and I clicked what I assumed was the okay button but then it said error. Maybe it's not working because I have windows 7 professional and a 64-bit OS? I was reading somewhere that a Japanese game might not work because of that.. I don't know.

they said it should work on windows 7 if the game is for windows XP and windows vista, which lamento is. I think I figured out my it doesn't work on mine.>

Thank you for all of this lovely information, but I still can't get it to work TTnTT

I've done everything that you've listed and when I go to double click on the game...nothing happens?! Please help because i've been trying to figure this out for like 4 hours TTnTT

Really want to play this game...

Ah I see it's because I have windows 7....sigh.

>.

Thank you soooo much! (time for some hot guy on guy action LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

I've done everything in this list, but... for some reason, it just doesn't work. =/

I've got all the patches, I've mounted the boot.iso and the lamento_dvd.iso in the right drives using the Daemon Tool (I can only get the free version), and followed everything in your guide.

I didn't get a black screen at all, and I didn't get any starting screen. What could I be doing wrong? D: I'm also using the Windows 7 version. Any help? XD;

Also, is it mandatory to have DirectX installed and have the system set to Japanese?

And... if so, how will I set it back, or would it not really matter too much?

Yeah, you must have DirectX installed. The system set to Japanese is not mandatory, but it would be really good if you'd set it. You don't have to set it back, cause you don't have to change the keyword to display Japanese characters, change only your system's non-unicode settings to Japanese. (if you don't know how to do it, write here and I'll tell you)

But what version of Windows 7 are you using? Is it a 32 or a 64 bit OS? Cause the game is only working on a 32 bit OS.

Yeah, you must have DirectX installed. The system set to Japanese is not mandatory, but it would be really good if you'd set it. You don't have to set it back, cause you don't have to change the keyword to display Japanese characters, change only your system's non-unicode settings to Japanese. (if you don't know how to do it, write here and I'll tell you)

But what version of Windows 7 are you using? Is it a 32 or a 64 bit OS? Cause the game is only working on a 32 bit OS.

That probably explains it XD Thank you so much.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to change it with this laptop, it's... new to me, still.

It's a 32bit. I checked and it can go either 16bit or 32. It's just set at the 32.

So I need to install DirectX 9, and would I have to also install the DirectX part when it comes to the installer, too, or just the "Game Install"?

Also, I have DirectX 11 for my laptop. But... it should still work with that, right? Hopefully it will.

Ok, so here is what you need to do to change your system's non-unicode settings to Japanese: Start - Control Panel - Clock, Language, Region - Change Display Language - Administrative - Change System Locale and choose Japanese and then reboot your PC.

If you have DirectX 11 do not install DirectX 9, as that is an older version... and no, you shouldn't install the DirectX that comes with the installer either.

Just try to set the system to Japanese then and see if you get any result... though I doubt that is the problem. If it still doesn't work, try to install the DirectX that comes with the game... as maybe the game has difficulties in recognizing your current version of DirectX...

• Like 2

Ok, so here is what you need to do to change your system's non-unicode settings to Japanese: Start - Control Panel - Clock, Language, Region - Change Display Language - Administrative - Change System Locale and choose Japanese and then reboot your PC.

If you have DirectX 11 do not install DirectX 9, as that is an older version... and no, you shouldn't install the DirectX that comes with the installer either.

Just try to set the system to Japanese then and see if you get any result... though I doubt that is the problem. If it still doesn't work, try to install the DirectX that comes with the game... as maybe the game has difficulties in recognizing your current version of DirectX...

Okay, thank you so much. I'll try it on Wednesday when it's my day off and see how it works.

If it doesn't work, then... I hate my laptop. D: