Bittersweet (Zombie and Rin) [18+]

Zombie_In_A_Box

"Really? Well, they are feisty, that's why," the brunette smiled, closing the door behind them and setting the keys onto the white dresser to his right. Below it a few pairs of shoes were already situated and he put his converse next to them after taking them off. They were in a bright white corridor which offered an silvery shining archway to an open kitchen with a table and some chairs on the right side, while a pair of glass doors showed the way a living room designed in red and dark brown. At the end of the corridor were two white doors and next to them an ebony flight of stairs. "Let me get you something to drink while you change. What would you like?" Suzaku asked, walking over to the glass doors to open one of them. Three white kittens instantly rushed into the corridor and upon noticing Elliot, they also hurried over to his feet to sniff him and cuddle and meow all the way.

Suzaku grinned. "The bathroom is the left door next to the staircase, by the way."

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• ♠[Rin]♠

Elliot gasped audibly when he saw the three kittens rushing towards him with their comical running. "Oh my god." He whispered softly, clearly in awe as he crouched down, gently petting the kittens, looking as if he was about to tear up again - this time purely from the cuteness. "Do you have orange juice? If not, just tap water is fine." Elliot replied with a small, soft smile on his face before looking back down at the kittens, chuckling softly as one tried to climb up his leg. He scratched behind its ear, clearly already having the time of his life. Animals were a lot better than people. They didn't blame him for being weak. They were just there, offering comfort in exchange for food, water, and a place to sleep in. These kinds of relationships were a lot easier than human relationships.

The smaller one nodded and vanished into the kitchen to fish some orange juice out of the fridge. He filled a glass of water and set it down onto the bright wooden table, before also getting some fruits and putting them into a ceramic bowl in the middle of the table. He also turned the radio on.

When he heard the bathroom's door, he looked for some catfood and checked their bowls, finding them empty. Of course. His father despised animals, after all.

Suzaku filled their bowls - instantly attacked by the meowing and whining figures, and additionally poured some water into an extra bowl. "Here you go~" He grinned happily, putting the catfood away and watching them eating as if they had been starving for a lifetime.

Elliot spent some time playing with the kittens, gladly giving them all of his attention. However, he still had to get changed. With a much better mood, he walked to the bathroom, locking the door behind him. The man looked at the mirror, feeling a wave of disgust wash over him. Nowadays he couldn't even look at himself properly. Turning his back to the mirror, Elliot changed into his clothes, hanging the swimming trunks in the bathroom - he hoped it was okay.

Elliot walked out of the bathroom, going towards the kitchen. A smile pulled at his lips when he saw the glass of orange juice placed on the table. Walking closer, he took it into his hand, taking a small gulp of it. "I hung my swimwear in the bathroom to dry, is it alright?" He asked, seemingly already feeling better. The atmosphere in this house was nice... Perhaps it was thanks to the three cats that were there.

"Sure it is," Suzaku approved with a nod of his head. "I'mma change real quick as well. I'll be right back," he added then and vanished up the stairs to his room. Some time later he returned in normal dark jeans and a short-sleeved green shirt with a V-neck. "If you don't like the music, feel free to change the channel," the brunette offered Elliot, while he walked to the fridge and poured himself a glass of orange juice as well to take a sip.

Elliot nodded, deciding to occupy himself with the cats while Suzaku returned. He ended up sitting on the floor, with kittens climbing on his lap, trying to get up his shirt - he looked the happiest he'd ever been. "I don't mind any music." He replied with a smile, gently petting one of the animals. Looking up, Elliot let out a wider smile. "Your cats are the cutest... Do you live here with just them?" He asked curiously, though that didn't seem possible. It was a pretty big house, after all.

Suzaku smiled at the image and sat down on the floor right next to Elliot, leaning his shoulder against the other's. Watching the kitten, he reached over and took one to himself to play a little with it, using the leather-bracelet around his wrist. "No. I live with my father. He actually doesn't like animals, but I convinced him to have them. In exchange I have to care and pay for them." He tapped the kitten on the forehead and grinned as it bit his finger with its small teeth.

"Why do you ask?"

Elliot seemed to be a bit surprised when he heard that Suza lived with his father. Why would he still live with his parent?.. Before he could question it any more, a question came his way. "It just seems like a fairly big house... A bit too big for one person, you know?" He smiled, moving to wrap an arm around Suza's waist, albeit a bit shyly. He was trying, at least. He really wanted to get over his fears and insecurities, but sometimes it felt like his brain was working against him. It sucked. "I'm... Still sorry about how I got." He apologized quietly, hints of sadness, but mostly remorse showing in his voice.

"Ah... yes. My father loves luxury." Suzaku answered a little awkwardly. When Elliot wrapped his arm around his waist, the brunette softly placed a kiss on the other's cheek. "I'll be moving out soon, though. And I may take the kittens with me," he added, resting his head on his lover's shoulder. "Though, I really want a dog, too. And fish!"

Elliot listened to his boyfriend while lightly stroking his hip. He barely realized he was doing that himself, mostly just wanting to move his hand somehow. A smile curled at his lips at the other's plans, unable to resist pressing a soft kiss to Suza's forehead. "That sounds like a great plan." He chuckled, closing his eyes while continuing to pet a kitten with his free hand. This was great... These kinds of dates would be the best - sitting on the floor and petting cats.

Suzaku smiled.

"I hoped you'd say that."

He closed his eyes as well and exhaled, still teasing the kitten on his lap to play with it. He really liked Elliot's scent at this point, at least he now came to finally realize it. "Hey, Elli-kun. We could bake some cookies for the kittens." Elliot did not only prefer animals over humans he had also announced it before. So that might lift his mood even more.

Elliot blinked a few times in surprise at the suggestion. "Cookies... For cats? Is there some special recipe? I've never heard of one... Oh, I'd love to treat my cat to some too." He smiled widely, seemingly happy with the idea. "I'd love to try them with you." The man added softly, pulling Suza a little bit closer by his waist to make them press up against one another. It felt nice to feel like he wasn't going to get hurt. It felt nice to feel at least a little bit of control.

"Yes, there is!" Suzaku approved, shifting a little in position as he was pulled closer. With a grin, he looked up into Elliot's face. "I got the ingredients yesterday because I wanted to make some on the weekend. But knowing that your cat will have some, too, makes it convincing to bake them today." He petted the feisty kitten on his lap and then set it down onto the ground carefully. "The cookies are not big, but cats shouldn't eat too many of them anyway. It's almost the same as the treats you can give to a dog."

Elliot's eyes widened without him realizing it. "I had no idea!" He exclaimed happily, a grin plastered on his face. "That sounds great... Thank you, Suza." He smiled warmly, leaning closer to lightly peck the other's lips. "I'm sure my cat will love them." He added with a quiet chuckle. Really, he was a completely different person when in a good mood. It was like his depression wasn't even there - sadly, there weren't many moments in his life when he was as happy as now. Mostly, of course, they were when he was alone with his cat - there was no one to hurt him then, except himself.

Suzaku chuckled and returned the small kiss right afterwards. "Then I'll be happy to teach you! You'd need to let go of me, though~" He added in a cheeky tone. "We have to heat up the oven, get two bowls and lots of ingredients!" Suzaku was more than glad that he had made Elliot happy. He didn't know how he had done it but it was only important he had done it. The poor nerd had been so anxious after all.

And so self-destructive.

However, he feared that he could only change it all for a small period of time. And not forever..

Elliot's cheeks flushed red at the comment, a nervous smile crossing his face. "Ah, right." He laughed nervously, letting go of Suza's waist before moving to stand up. He reached over to turn on the oven first, then looked over at his boyfriend with the same slightly nervous smile. "So... What ingredients do we need? Just tell me what to do to help with this." He spoke, bits of anxiety coming back to him. He really hoped he wouldn't mess something up here. He wanted so desperately to please his boyfriend. He needed to be the best he could.

The brunette giggled at that and moved onto his feet as well. He walked over to the fridge and fished out around seven different small products which were related to chocolate, plus cat milk, a bowl of water and some cinnamon. "Could you please take out two pans from the upper cupboard to your left?" Suzaku asked. "Put then on the right side of the hotplate. We will now mix half and half~!"

It turned out to be really easy. Two liquids in two pans, each to form a square and then put two together like a sandwich. On a baking paper it were 15 cookies which they put into the oven. "Time to wait for half an hour or so," Suzaku explained, washing his hands in the sink. Afterwards he took a sip from his orange juice on the counter and put every dish left into the dish washer. "I can list the ingredients up on a piece of paper for you, as well, if you like."

Elliot found himself to be really happy while baking the cookies with Suza. The atmosphere was incredibly light and relaxing - plus the kittens constantly rubbing against his legs were a very nice detail. The man took it upon himself to wash the dishes, standing by the sink right after his boyfriend washed his hands. He looked back at him at the suggestion, smiling widely at it. "That would be great. Thank you!" He replied gleefully, taking the bowls and tools they'd used, beginning to wash them all. It was relaxing to clean for him. Since he couldn't wash away the dirt from himself, at least he could do so to objects. Make them sparkly clean again. That felt great.

"This was fun..." Elliot spoke softly, setting away the last dish to dry. He turned around, offering his boyfriend a sweet smile. "I really like spending time with you." The man admitted while his cheeks tainted a soft rosy color. This really did feel nice, at least when his brain wasn't going off about how horrible he was.

"Thank you," Suzaku said as Elliot started to wash the dishes. He himself got a small scratchpad and wrote down the recipe for his lover, tearing the piece of paper off and setting it on the table in the middle of the kitchen. Afterwards he stretched his arms and put the pad away, lifting one of the kittens up just to hold it in his arms and pet it lovingly.

"I hoped so!" Suzaku laughed. "Same to you. Having you as company is enjoyable." His glance wandered up to the clock on wall at the other end of the room. Half past 4 PM. "Do you want to have Dinner soon?"

Suzaku bit his lower lip. When would his father return? Hell if he know...

Elliot rose his eyebrows slightly at the suggestion, walking towards the table to sit down, taking his juice. "Only if it's not a problem to you... I'd hate to inconvenience you by staying too long." He said quietly, taking a sip of the juice. He reached over for the piece of paper, folding it several times before putting it into his pocket. He'd have to try making these someday. His cat would love them, he was already sure of it.

Elliot looked up at his boyfriend, his eyebrows scrunching slightly when he noticed he'd been biting his lip. Oh... "Actually... Maybe it's better if I don't stick around... I'm sure Lucy misses me." He said, looking down at the glass. It seemed like Suzaku was hesitant about having him around for much longer, so he just suggested leaving himself.

"You're not a burden or something," Suzaku assured. "It's just that my father isn't very permissive. And I am not sure when he will return." He stood beside his lover and leaned down to kiss his cheek. "Of course she misses you. You are her friend, after all, right?" He then added smiling. Though, he really didn't want Elliot to have to encounter his father. It would result in a chaos and unnecessary stress.

Elliot held the glass of orange juice in both hands, a small smile pulling at his lips when his cheek was kissed. "I understand." He said simply, looking up at his boyfriend. "So... Maybe next time we should go to my house instead?" He offered timidly. He hoped he wasn't pressuring Suzaku into being with him. He didn't want the other to feel uncomfortable. "Where's the nearest bus stop?" He asked, pulling out his phone to find the quickest way to get home. He didn't even want to ask for a ride. It would have been selfish to do so.

"Sounds good," Suzaku answered approving. "I'd love to see your place once." Musing a little, he sat down as well and leaned back. "I think the nearest one is Tamari Street. A walk of ten minutes. Though, I can drive you, don't worry. And when the cookies are done, feel free to take some with you for Lucy. Sounds like a plan?" He really wanted to offer Elliot everything. He kind of wanted him to smile, no matter what.

Elliot wrote in the bus stop into an app on his phone before raising his gaze up. "Oh... I didn't want to ask you to drive me in case you're busy." He said quietly, a small smile tugging at his lips. "I'd... Appreciate it." The man finally added, trying not to feel like he was burdening Suza. Although he was. Deep down, he felt like trash for accepting the offer. It was wrong to accept it, Suzaku probably had things to do. He'd already ruined their date, he didn't want to cause any more trouble.

"Nah,I have nothing to do until evening, really," Suzaku assured, grinning sweetly before he leaned in to place a kiss onto the other's nose-tip. "Don't be modest. You make me happy. Don't forget that." Lifting a hand to stroke his lover's cheek, the brunette tilted his head a little. "Okay?"