Bittersweet (Zombie and Rin) [18+]

Zombie_In_A_Box

Suzaku let go of Elliot's hand and looked through the photos. "They are nice." Though, also a little depressive and dark, or did he imagine things? Might also be the pencil's fault since it was only black and white. "You are talented." He would love being good at drawing but there was barely anything he was really good at.

He returned the phone to the blonde and leaned back. "Have you considered arts, too, once?" Like, the other seemed blessed in many sectors. But if he was fine with design, it was of course fine as well.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zombie_In_A_Box

• ♠[Rin]♠

Elliot's face lit up, with a soft blush on his cheeks. "Thanks." He smiled, seemingly truly happy to receive the praise. They were a bit depressive, though that wasn't really a surprise. If Suza knew Elliot better, he wouldn't even question that. The man was even taking antidepressants, which were, thankfully, enough for him to get through life without many troubles.

"I'd rather keep this as a hobby. Besides, I have to draw designs for clothes for my studies, so..." He trailed off, taking the phone and sliding it back into his pocket. Elliot turned his blue eyes back to the other, a warm smile stretched out across his face. At last, their food and drinks came. Elliot couldn't help but lick his lips as he looked down at his shortcake. "You wanna try it? I promise, it's good." He grinned, cutting off a piece of it with his fork, holding it up towards Suza's lips.

"Ah.. if you say that." Suzaku leaned forward and took the piece on the fork in his mouth, leaning back again to chew it. Swallowing, he mused for a few moments. "I admit, it's good." Though, he instantly turned his attention to the blueberry muffin in front of him and freed it from the paper wrapped around it. Then, very carefully, took small bites to not mess up the entire table. A tiny smile on his lips. He really loved the taste.

If Elliot had started this relationship to get away from Marcus, it would probably have a very sad ending. On the other side, if he used it to kind of get back to a normal life, things might even disappoint him much more. Suzaku was insecure as to whether or not he could help the other with whatever reason this date had. Because to be honest, he wasn't good with telling if someone liked him. So he wondered about other things, easily. Especially how he would keep the other away from his father. Maybe not that hard, after all Elliot was an introverted guy and not a source of self-confidence. He would probably not urge anything.

"See? I always get it here, it's the best." Elliot replied, taking a bite into his own mouth. He sipped the smoothie through the pink straw, exhaling in satisfaction and bliss. He loved this food and the cafe, and it was even better when he had someone to share it with. Even if that someone didn't say anything else. Elliot didn't like silence at all, which was why was thankful for the music playing in the cafe. It made everything feel a bit dreamy. He often came here to do his homework, actually. His own apartment sometimes seemed a bit dull, or reminded him of Marcus too much for him to focus. Although the two of them usually spent their time at Marcus' apartment, he'd visited him a few times as well. Either way, those were not pleasant memories.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else today?" Elliot asked before taking another bite of his cake. "The weather's great for a walk in the park. Don't you think?" He suggested, albeit a bit shyly. He didn't want to come off as pushy, although that was probably the last thing people would think of him. He was very wary about being manipulative, having experienced that first-hand.

Suzaku was slightly impressed by how connected Elliot was to his surroundings, to the outside. The brunette on the other side barely went outside to enjoy his life. He trained there and then returned home. But it would be a nice change.

"Yeah, let's do that. Park sounds good." Having agreed, Suzaku bit into his muffin again. He looked really happy eating it, actually, even if he didn't say anything.

After finishing it, he nipped on the cup of his macchiato. "It's good. I am impressed." He really was. "I think it's the first time I am here anyway. Thank you for showing it to me."

Elliot smiled, nodding lightly. He liked taking walks, especially now that Pokemon Go was out. Yes, he was one of those people who played the game - he loved it. It distracted him a bit from reality, which was all he wanted to do. He finished up his cake, then sipped his smoothie, looking up as Suza spoke. "We can come here more often. I'm really glad you like it here." Elliot smiled widely, clasping his hands around the glass. He looked around, skimming over the people in the cafe. Even after all this time, he still felt like Marcus was around somewhere, watching his every move.

"Are you done? I'll pay." Elliot asked once he'd finished his smoothie, pushing the glass away. He found it fair to be the one to pay, as he was the one who suggested going here in the first place. Plus, right now he had enough money to do so.

While Suzaku was barely informed about Pokémon Go. After all, he didn't even play video games, that was also meant for his phone. It was neutral, empty even, only the Apps that he needed. "You really don't have to pay," Suzaku insisted, lifting his cup up with both hands like a child to sip from it. He barely drank coffee so this was a delight. Though, they ended up with having Elliot pay and Suzaku sulk, before they left. In a slow, relaxing speed they walked towards the park and as soon as they entered it, Suzaku also held his hand to make it even more comfortable. It was something new, yes, especially for the brunette. He enjoyed the fresh air and the feeling of having someone quiet as Elliot by his side.

Though, also this day had to find its end, sooner than they had thought. Elliot insisted on walking him home and even after Suzaku's protest, he noticed it was no use. They went by train first and then walked into the sunset for ten minutes. They arrived in front of a tall, metallic fence which guarded a garden surrounding a large house. It was painted in grey, owned a lonely atmosphere, and Suzaku was quick to relax now that he noticed his father wasn't home. He turned to his new boyfriend with a smile. "Well then, thank you very much for the nice day."

Elliot enjoyed their walk, a lot. Holding hands while walking through a park, it was such a nice sensation. He quieted down while they walked, avoiding any eye-contact with the people passing through them. The only person he actually looked at was Suza. He still felt nervous, of course, but he was thankful that the park was fairly empty. At least there was a smaller risk of a homophobic attack on them. He was terrified of what people thought of him.

As they reached Suzaku's home, Elliot had already decided that he would kiss, or at least try to kiss, his new boyfriend. Looking into his eyes, Elliot managed a small, nervous smile before lightly cupping the other's cheek. "I had a really great time, too." He replied, feeling his heart beating faster and faster. For a moment, he felt like he was about to pass out. Fuck, he was nervous. Leaning down slightly, Elliot closed his eyes, his cheeks beginning to redden as he pressed his lips against Suza's, trying to keep himself from trembling. He really hoped Suza wouldn't pull away.

"Great.." Suzaku already wanted to say something else when he noticed that look in his new lover's eyes. Ah. Of course. His father wasn't home anyway.. So it was alright.

The other's hand felt warm on his cheek. Elliot leaned down to him, his eyes already closed. Suzaku waited for the last few moments, before his eyes fell shut, his arms found their way to Elliot's neck to wrap loosely around it, and their lips. It wasn't a quick kiss, nor was it a really passionate, deep kiss. It was something in between, something that lasted a little longer, something that brought relaxation and safety. As soon as they parted, Suzaku only leaned a little back, smiling warmly up to Elliot.

Elliot seemed a bit tense, though he did relax noticeably when Suza wrapped his arms around his neck. This... This felt nice. Once the kiss ended, a nervous chuckle slipped past his lips, his eyes opening. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He murmured, lightly stroking Suza's cheek with his thumb. This really didn't feel bad at all. For the first time, Elliot felt like he could actually do this. Maybe he could feel normal again, go out on a few dates, even if Suza didn't want to stick around with him. He would find someone else, who would be as nice and caring as Suzaku was. He'd manage, at least he hoped so.

The brunette nodded. "I'll be at university around 10am," he informed the other while drawing soft circles on his neck with his index finger. "You can just text me, too. If you want, I can also spend the night at yours once?" He offered, pulling his arms back and lowered them to his sides. Then he half-turned towards the fence and placed his finger onto a metallic small platform. A click-sound appeared and the door opened, showing a way of stones leading through the garden to the white front door of the house.

"I'll up until midnight probably, so you can text me tonight as well."

Elliot felt goosebumps on his skip where Suza touched his neck. It had always been one of his most sensitive parts. Generally, he didn't really like people touching it altogether, but it would be rude to tell Suza to stop, right? "Sure, that sounds great." He smiled, nodding at the other before leaving.

The next day, Elliot met up with his boyfriend after their lectures, with his towel and bathing suit packed in his bag. "Hey." He smiled, walking up to Suza. He looked fairly tired, with bags underneath his eyes. He didn't sleep that well. Still, he looked happy to see the man. "You ready to go?" Yesterday he texted the other to make sure they still had plans to go to the beach. He was actually looking forward to that a lot. He loved going to the beach. It calmed him down.

"Yes, of course. Just a sec." Suzaku greeted the other man with a smile but then looked back down to his bag, his right hand in it to search something. As he seemed to find it, he pulled out a box. "Do you like vegetables and fruits? I've packed some in here for after swimming." He put it back inside, closed the bag and then swung it over his shoulder. "Or would you like to get some ice cream at the beach then?" Everything was possible, he thought as he started walking beside Elliot.

Elliot found himself a tad surprised at the gesture, but soon a warm smile lit up on his face, almost enough to hide the bags under his eyes. "I can't say I don't like them. I won't say no to ice-cream either, though..." He trailed off, gently taking Suza's hand into his own as they walked. "We'll see what we want at the beach, I think." He added, the smile lingering on his face. Today he wore a white tank top and bright yellow shorts that went to his knees. He never wore anything that revealed his thighs. As they reached Suza's car, Elliot glanced at his boyfriend, offering him another warm smile. "Let's go, then." He murmured before getting into the passenger's seat.

Suzaku climbed into his car, put his bag on the backseat, buckled up and started the engine. The way to the beach didn't take more then twenty minutes. University was quite in the middle of the city, not near any amenity. As soon as they arrived, the brunette parked his car and then glanced to his boyfriend. "Do you already know how much time you have? Do you need to study or something?" He asked while unbuckling. It was only a week. They probably had to attach their time schedules to each other's.

Elliot couldn't stop his lips from stretching out into a wide smile at the question. "I'd like to get home by the time it gets dark. Other than that, I could spend the whole day here." He replied before unbuckling his belt and getting out of the car. He stretched his arms above his head, humming softly at the feelings of his joints cracking. He swung his bag over his shoulder, offering a smile to his boyfriend. "How long can you stay?" He asked, reaching up to push his glasses up the bridge of his nose. They kept sliding off with this heat. It was annoying, but he never really liked contacts. He didn't like anything getting too close to his eyes. Besides, it could be pretty dangerous to open his eyes underwater while wearing lenses. He didn't want to risk anything.

"Until it gets dark? We can do that. I think the sun sets around 9 pm, could that be?" Suzaku actually mused for a moment, before he flashed a smile at his boyfriend. He got his things out of the car and locked it securely. "Same here. I have finished some work yesterday so today I am free." He walked around the car and offered his hand to the other. "Let's go?", he asked with his smile full of warmth and safety. Agter all, Elliot wasn't the most self-confident person on earth. He just tried to make it easier.

Elliot felt like he was about to melt right there when Suza offered his hand to him. As a smile bloomed on his face, the blond felt his cheeks turning pink before he took the hand that was offered to him. "Yeah." He replied, beginning to walk towards the beach. He swung their arms slightly, intertwining their fingers while trying to tune out anyone who could be looking at them judgmentally. He was quite obviously avoiding to look at anyone that they passed, purely out of fear that they would say something. "I... I don't think I ever actually thanked you for saying yes." Elliot chuckled nervously as he glanced at his boyfriend.

Suzaku let the other do whatever with their hands and joined the swinging. It was okay. He actually never minded anything unless it involved force and violence.

While Elliot seemed to be somewhat afraid of the people shooting glances at the duo, Suzaku was straight up ignoring their surroundings. "Thanked?" The brunette answered. "No need to, really. Don't think about it. I did it because I wanted to."

Humming, he further followed the path with his lover to the beach and as soon as they reached a fine place near the water, the sea's wind already welcomed them.

Suzaku took a deep breath. Fresh air, man, fresh salty air.

Elliot smiled to himself at the reply, only squeezing Suza's hand a bit tighter. He was really glad he got himself to do this - though who knew how long it would take until he was questioning that again. Who knew how long until he began doubting his self-worth and his ability to ever be in a relationship again-... Time to stop. Elliot forced the thoughts out of his head as they stopped, looking up at Suza. "I'm gonna go find some place to change." He muttered, setting his bag down to pull out his pastel pink swimming trunks. Just as his shorts, they would go to his knees.

• 3 weeks later...

"Yes, of course, do that," Suzaku answered with a smile, letting go of the other's hand. He didn't mind the other's habits in any way. It was what made it himself, what formed his personality somewhat, and not the single things but the whole construction is what someone is supposed to love. So he accepted everything about Elliot. It was only a week.

"I'll unwrap the towels and spread them on the sand. Do you want to eat and drink something or first go into the water?", the brunette questioned along while he opened his own bag.

Elliot was adoring how nice Suza was to him. He couldn't fight off the soft smile that made it up onto his face. This was so much better than Marcus, he could barely believe it. "Let's go for a swim first, then we can just lay around and relax for a while." He replied, then took off to find a changing cabin to put on his swimming trunks. It took him only a few minutes to do so, and he was back soon, now only wearing the trunks. His body was fairly toned, but not overly muscular. It was clear that he watched what he ate and worked out from time to time. He did it as a hobby, however, and not as a goal of some sort. Putting his clothes back into the bag, Elliot stretched his arms above his head, letting a blissful groan part his lips. "This feels nice, doesn't it? Just being out in the sun..."

After placing the towels down next to each other, he took off his own clothes, wearing his swimming shorts already. Of course having a fresh underwear in his bag for later. He also turned off his phone and stretched his arms into the air. When Elliot came back, Suzaku only looked him in the face, barely studying his body. It wasn't that necessary to know every inch of the other when he not even wore shorts. Also he didn't want the other to feel uncomfortable.

On the other side, the differences were already clear. Compared to the other, Suzaku owned tanned skin with a muscular body type. A gentle sixpack was visible when he tensed up while stretching, his arms showed a trained biceps when he bent them and his collarbones were very visible. All in all he was the skinny, trained type of boy with soft palms. His own swimwear reached to the middle of his thighs and was black with some green adornments.

"Alright! Then let's go in." The brunette answered, dropping the phone into his bag.

Elliot smiled warmly at his boyfriend, holding out his hand for the other. "Yeah, let's go." He agreed with the same warm, happy smile on his face. Honestly, Suza made him feel so fuzzy and nice... As the two of them walked towards the sea hand-in-hand, he realized he hadn't felt this happy in a very long time. He felt like an idiot, grinning widely whenever he looked over at the other, but Gods, he was just really, really happy. As the waves crashed into his body, the man let out a quiet laugh, leaning down to start swimming - only then did he let go of Suza's hand. He dove underwater, reemerging soon, now a bit further away. "This feels amazing!" He exclaimed, with pure joy on his face. Letting himself float, the blond closed his eyes, adoring the warm sunlight on his skin.

• 2 weeks later...

After his hand was let go, he walked more into the water until it reached his chest. He splashed some on himself, on his shoulders and his neck. He waited for Elliot to surface and when he did, the brunette looked over to him. "It would be tragic if it didn't, don't you think?" he asked and also added a musing tone into his voice. "How good are you with water?" the emerald-eyed male wished to know in the next moment and hid his hands behind his back with a cheeky grin.