Do you hide your yaoi addiction?

animegirl

No, I don't hide it. *laughs

At first my friends keeps on giving me this "what the hell looks" but you see. Everyday I watched YAOI in front of them or whenever I'm with them and eventually they got used to it.

*My classmates also knows that I'm addicted to YAOI. *laughs

Though they found it accidentally. You see, I'm having a school presentation, then I forgot that my wallpaper is YAOI (hahaha) that when I connect my laptop in the projector. (BIG SCREEN) my classmates was " Hey, where did you get that? That's so cute. " Thanks the heaven they're all open minded.

*My family also knows, and they are okay with it. :hamtaro-005 (6):

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't hide it. *laughs

At first my friends keeps on giving me this "what the hell looks" but you see. Everyday I watched YAOI in front of them or whenever I'm with them and eventually they got used to it.

*My classmates also knows that I'm addicted to YAOI. *laughs

Though they found it accidentally. You see, I'm having a school presentation, then I forgot that my wallpaper is YAOI (hahaha) that when I connect my laptop in the projector. (BIG SCREEN) my classmates was " Hey, where did you get that? That's so cute. " Thanks the heaven they're all open minded.

*My family also knows, and they are okay with it. :hamtaro-005 (6):

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• yaoi-fangirl01

• jamieboy

• didz015

I hide it from most of my family, mother, grandparents (heck even the gay uncles ahahaha)

But my brothers and a couple cousins do know and my closest friends ^^

heck some of them share it with me ;3

I hide it from my family..haha..my friends knows that i'm a yaoi fan..haha when they borrow my phone their faces are like: "WTF?!" hahaha xDD but I have friends that likes yaoi too... onion12

>u

My one friend is slowly starting to like it.. Well.. Not the major hard core stuff or anything OuO Like.. Cute pairings x3 Like.. xD She told me she ships MakoHaru from Free! I thought she was joking, buuuut.. It seems not! xD She's in love with MakoHaru!

I used to hide it not because I'm ashamed of it or anything but it's quite annoying dealing with people who keeps questioning my interest =_=, eventually I just couldn't give a fudge about them......

I even share my yaoi addiction to my bf and he tries hard to understand it haha

Also now I spread YAOI to people I know and make them read it or watch it!

Not really. I just don't talk about it. I mean, if someone asks me if I like yaoi, I'll answer, "HELL YEAH?!" But otherwise... hmm., let's just say I just hate it when people look at me disgustedly when I mention I like yaoi. :hamtaro-005 (21):

• 2 weeks later...

I don't hide it, but I am not going to make a proclamation about it. e.g. I don't have any problems reading yaoi manga with my mom sitting next to me while she reads the paper. She rarely bothers to look at what I am doing, and if she does, she will just say, "Ahh, cartoons again?? Aren't you too old for this?" My closest female friends are fiercely heterosexual, so I don't bother.

I didn´t tell anyone. The only bright exception is my Japanese teacher - it was kinda hard to hide it from him when I asked about the BL manga translations in my scanlation beginnings. He easily put 2 and 2 together, but he´s okay with it, half of his female students are fujoshi anyway. I can even buy manga though him from Japan - I couldn´t get it otherwise as the delivery is impossible from Japan directly to my country, he has the stuff sent to his house in Japan and his mom sends it to him afterwards.

I absolutely do! I hide it from everyone, even my closest friends. The only ones who know are my the friends I made online from reading yaoi fanfics, gay friends and the ones that introduced me to yaoi fics between jrock boys -_-

Those people, I don't get fandom much with them, so it gets relly lonely T_T buhuhu

i don't. i'm absolutely open to my friends about my love for yaoi. though they don't have this kind of fangirl feels in them, i still appreciate their being okay with my fandom. they actually tease me alot that my crushes now turned out to be gay (which i absolutely don't mind) and even give me latest news sometimes. i'm also open about this to my sister -- and i think my mother has an idea as well.

From my parents Yes! They are super religious. And my dad would FREAK OUT!! Hed force me to read the bible 10x's over. A few of my friends know but thats it.. i try to keep it a secret. XD

I hide it with family members cuz i know they wouldnt understand everything T_______________T 3 but my friends know yaoi :D they spazz alot XD

hell no! everyone except my parents and teachers knows about this lovely thing

even the friends who don't want to know

I've forced them to learn

*Evil laugh*

I hide and yet don't hide it.

I have nobody to talk about yaoi with so i just stick to my self. If somebody ask i think i'll tell them about it.:hamtaro-005 (21):

Yes, though my family knows I like Yaoi.

My oldest siblings likes yaoi as well or accepts it.

and my younger sibling semi likes it.

Even if they know I like it, I still feel flustered about having/watching/reading/listening yaoi stuff.

I still do things secretly

:hamtaro-005 (21):

my older brother was screaming when he knew that i had so much yaoi images collections in my flashdisk (he checked it) so the best way is keep hiding. (and shut my older brother mouth) lol.

My family actually know's already that I read and watch Yaoi, cause they saw my bookmarks and after that they kept pestering of why I love to read these kind of stuff but there's no way I'd tell them.....

They even blocked the site where I read Yaoi manga's and at the same time blocked the site where I watch normal anime which are haunted by the yaoi fangirl's like Prince of tennis or other anime's...

It's a good thing that when my Laptop got Rebooted all the blocked site's can be used again....Oh yeah, I actually managed to get my cousin to like shonen-ai though she still get's grossed out when seeing a guy's d*ck in manga's

I tried to keep my liking yaoi a secret for as long as possible, because my parents are really conservative. But one day, when I was on the phone and left my notbook open, my dad walked in and just stared and stared at my screen. It was pretty awkward and I got all blushy and embarassed and tried to explain that it wasn't what he was thinking...thank God it wasn't anything as grafic as a real shonen-ai!! leaf2

My friends know that I like yaois but my parents dont. My family is just way to conservative to respect these kind of likings. I hope someday that'll change though.

I fearfully imagine it like this:

If I go public with my yaoi addiction, I will be burnt at the stake like a martyr, or for being a witch. Haters gonna hate!!

No, in truth, I'm just really sensitive to the idea of 'weirding' everybody out. I'm afraid of rejection, especially being rejected by people I really care about, who believe I'm very 'normal', in the cookie-cutter way. Not that I think reading/watching yaoi is abnormal at all (you go yaoi fans! you rock it!), but other people are always making an Armageddon out of fandoms and interests they don't understand, or subscribe to. I love yaoi, but I love it secretly because I don't wanna become a hot topic for other people's gossip and censure. :(

wish i could tell them but there's no way..i can't even tell this to my best friend...but i think my brother knows and he's ok with it, lucky me!