• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• yaoi-fangirl01

• jamieboy

• didz015

The only person in my family who knows about my yaoi addiction is my mom. Although yaoi isn't her thing, she thinks it's awesome that I'm interested in it. Beyond that, no one knows. I can't say I am actively keeping it a secret, I just haven't told many people because no one's ever asked what kind of manga/comics I am interested in.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm hiding it from my family. Gosh. I can clearly imagine their disgusted glares at me. Haha! They don't understand my being otaku what more if they discover I'm a fujoshi.. haha!

One of my bestfriends know that I like those stuffs and maybe my facebook and twitter friends coz Its in my profile and I always post news about yaoi or fujoshi fangirling statuses. Haha!

I don't hide the fact, but then again I don't really run around shouting it either.

If it comes up in conversation (which strangely, it did just recently with an acquaintance) I am open about my first hand knowledge, if not exactly my enthusiasm for said knowledge. All my closest friends know because my ex-boyfriend found out and busted me out to them (which I ranted about in the

Please Register/ Sign In, in order to see the links.
thread). My parents know that I have varying explicit interests but have never questioned me too closely on what those interests might be. My current boyfriend knows and is actually really accepting. He even made his male character in one of our tabletop rpg's my male characters secret lover, no one else in the game knows, and we didn't really RP heavy about it or anything, but I thought it was a sweet gesture.

Sometimes, I do worry about the effect my interests (yaoi, or otherwise) will have on my relationships with the people around me and that's enough to keep me from over-sharing without provocation, but not enough to make me lie.

Well, I really don't hide that I love yaoi. My friend told me she watched it and I told her I did too so we became yaoi buddies! :_red_fox 3 But our non-yaoi friend called us sickos. :_red_fox 18

Well, I've got to say that I hide it quite well ^^ It's been four years already.

Well, I only ask them one time "Do you know what 'yaoi' is?"

I explained it to them but they never ask any further so... nope.

My family nor my friends don't know .

umm...i don't hide my yaoi addiction, but rather tend to not tell people. well, if anyone would ask me i would tell them proudly, yes, i do enjoy looking at hot men make out!

but i def hide it from my family with the exception of my sister(who is also a Fujoshi, cuz of a certain onee-san)!!

Well, I really don't hide that I love yaoi. My friend told me she watched it and I told her I did too so we became yaoi buddies! :_red_fox 3 But our non-yaoi friend called us sickos. :_red_fox 18

I feel your pain. Some of my non-Fujoshi friends insults me and my Fujoshi friend too. XD

My sister knows I love yaoi. Infact, she likes reading Yaoi manga too sometimes. No one else in my family knows but one of my closest friends knows about it too. She's very supportive!

For me, only my best friend knows. She likes yaoi, though not as much a fangirl as me. I can't really reveal my yaoi obsession because my parents will probably cut off all my connections with the manga/anime world...

I'm keeping it secret~

But there's someone thats probably knows!

I was actually planning to tell a close friend about

it this weekend but she couldn't come

:_red_fox 14

I tell my friends from college that I like yaoi. I hide it from my parents. And I've done a damn good job of it. I've been hiding it away from my family since I was 14.

I don´t hide it especially but i don´t mantion it either ... well we only have on tv and it´s in my room so whenever my lil bro watches tv and i´m reading yaoi he kinda knows but he´s okay with it ... my mom likes the fact that i´am so openminded xD well and my dad doesn´t care ... and maybe doesn´t know :p

I have to hide it from my family.. they are very conservative and stuff so.. I have no other choice. But my friends are okay with it or even love it as much as I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I hide it from my family, I really don't know how they would react...(they even have bad reactions from the smallest kpop fan-service)

some of my friends know and they think it's weird/gross and just leave it as that *sobs*

but a I have a couple of friend's who's totally into it as well! so i'm super happy and we're always talking about BL :hamtaro-005 (13):

Well I can't get more open about it without actually shoving everything under a random stranger's nose XD

My family knows, my brother is homophobic so he looks weird when I talk about it but shrugs and let me be,

my parents know, the father of my ex knows, my ex knows... hell I was watching it in his room one time so XD

And my friends (mostly guys anyway), well they accept it, find it funny but sure as hell won't watch it XD

I don't think I could hide it. The bookshelf I have for it is... overflowing, as is the rack for my doujinshi. I've got what I would call an R-rated wallpaper on my computer, and the yaoi shirts that I wear in public... yeah. That reminds me, too... I should replace some of the shirts since they're getting kinda ratty...

I'll hide it from friends who are not open to lbgt . Bah hahaha.... My mother knew we both sisters are yaoi otaku and she's okay with us watching bl and when she's in bad mood everything is literally bs to her. Hahaha...

My family is cool with it and I've started telling some of my friends about it and they don't mind, especially when I start blabbing about my feels for yaoi... they enjoy seeing my roller coaster of emotions when I talk about it lol

:_red_fox 2