Do you hide your yaoi addiction?

animegirl

well .. my mother now that i watch romance bl sometimes but does not now they r 18+ and some of my close friends now it to and one family member . oh and my friend now like to read manga but not yaoi the only one she likes is love stage

• Like 2

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JuJu

• yaoi-fangirl01

• jamieboy

• didz015

I am a Closet Yaoi Fan :3 I can't share this love i have with other people around me cause everyone here thinks is disgusting including the people who read it : ( They don't even know how addicting and sexy it is leaf3

Although only my brother and my sister In-Law Caught me watching Gravitation :hamtaro-005 (21): I had to lie and say that I Hate Yaoi and I Only Like Some Shounen-Ai :leaf7::cuteonion51:

So For Now My Love For Yaoi Is Hidden Inside Me!! leaf3 I Sooooo Love Yaoi!!

• Like 2

well depends on who I am talking to and where I am , actually all my class in the school knows 'bout my addiction and I have only one friend who is interested --but not addicted-- to yaoi so we're talking about it all the time , the home is the only place where I don't talk openly 'bout it though mom knows XD

• Like 2

I actually hid my yaoi interest for 2 years+ and honestly...it was pretty frustrating not being able to share it with anyone. I was dying to have a friend to be able to talk about it but 99% of the people around just don't like the idea about yaoi from what I can tell about them.

But there was this one time I decided to share it with my manga addict friend (though she only reads boy x girl) I did try to make her join the dark side...slowly slipping information about yaoi, trying to make her like it (sadly she doesn't understand the joy and excitement of reading yaoi T^T)

Luckily this year, I had this friend of mine who were into gays (but I didn't really dare to tell her) and I decided to share my interest with her and we just exploded. We always talk about it none stop and we just become so excited talking about it especially the juicy parts *cough cough* I'm so glad to have her as my best friend and that we just connect well. :)

actually i don't hide it, but my family doesn't know anything about yaoi,they just know that its an anime, haha! While my friends know all about it.

So I wanted to respond to this topic since last night but last night I couldn't word it right. I wrote something on my tumblr when I first joined that actually explained how I felt about my hobbies and my school years went because of them. I found that post and I'm going to pick out little sections of it to better explain what I want to say. Because I don't think I could describe my experiences as well as I did back then. It's been a while after all.

I'ma tuck it happily in this here spoiler :) Because there's a lot of stuff I have to say about this. It's not just about yaoi either. It's about all my weird obsessions.

All three years of middle school and all four years of high school I cared greatly about what others thought of me. I cared about what my words could make people think and what my likes, dislikes and hobbies could do to my social status. That’s why I hid all of it and for the most part I believe it was better to be the quiet girl that no one found very interesting.

I had lived in a small town for one year of middle school and all of high school. The size of the town wasn’t really the problem, it was the people in it and at first, in order to find friends, I’d carry around some manga in hopes of attracting ‘my kind’. It worked just the way I wanted it to too, it attracted them. The only problem is that... because it was a small town, most of them were actually mentally challenged. They also paid no mind to physical appearance.

I found disgust in them and, like most, I avoided them... but knew that they were the only ones I could relate to as well.

I understand perfectly that every healthy normal teenager thinks about sex, and the fact that I find my interests abnormal isn’t what I want to get at. I enjoyed dirty things and I still do. My point though is that I hid it in fear of what others thought of me. You may think of me as normal, and maybe I am, but in my mind… I knew that I would be looked at strangely. Probably in the same way as those mentally handicapped kids that didn’t give a shit about their outward appearance.

I was really scared of telling people what I liked and disliked and when I was faced with human interaction I had nothing of interest to say because I held no interest in what most other people did. I was in my happiest place when I was doing what I do best; being the nerdy pervert that I always was and am. Now, I am out of high school and working a dead end job. However, I have a boyfriend who loves me and a lifestyle where I’m free to like what I like. My point is simple… I am who I am, and now, I don’t find any need to hide it.

I like yaoi, yuri, loli, shota and hentai... meaning I like watching every living human being fucking each other senseless. And of course loving each other :) I believe that any normal person would find that kind of thing gross but what do I know? I’ve spent my entire life thinking that way. However, I am no longer hiding it anymore and if you’re still reading this and you are in the same position I used to be in… here’s some advice…

Actually, not really. Because if I were to do it over, I would STILL hide this all from normal people until I was out of school. For the most part. I would do one thing differently though. I would talk to the kids that didn’t shower or care about their appearances. Mostly to try and see what’s keeping them from doing so… and just because I know they are probably feeling the same way as me. No one wants to be alone, especially when high school is a hard enough place as it is.

So summary. You can hide it and it's probably better to hide it from family members or religious/old folk but if you go through your entire life hiding the one that that makes you you. You won't have any friends to share it with. Internet friends are easy to obtain, sure, but it's nice to go out with someone to a movie or dinner and talk about gay men doing it. So I dunno, I realized now that I'm older that no one really gives a shit about my obsession with mens junk rubbing against each other. Because in all honesty, there are so many more people out there with the same obsession.

It's better to have friends and reach out to someone than to have nothing at all.

• Like 1

I don't hide form friends or my sister however as far as my parents know yaoi means young athletics on ice.

Absolute genius. xD

No one in my family knows. NO ONE. They're pretty religious, and even seeing a stranger having 'those inclinations' brings up rather heated discussions. I'm supposed to be just as religious, in practice and in mind, as they are, so they will not be hearing about my secret obsession any time soon.

None of my friends today have any idea either. I'm too scared to tell them. (T_T) The only person who knows is a bi friend I don't really talk to anymore. We both had male characters in a Naruto-verse RP, and they ended up getting together. After that, we started talking offline, but even then conversations focused on other things rather than yaoi.

-whispers- No one knows~ >:]

My parents'd go like 'What on earth is Yaoi."

btw, whoever said 'young athletics on ice.', genius. xD

Anyway, when my friends ask, I just say 'Shounen ai' instead of Yaoi. Unless they let on something first ;3

Having a bunch of otakus for friends, they've seen quite a bit of 'fanart'...

My two best friends know and they don't really care about that. They sometimes even join in when we see two cute guys walking together and I start fangirling ^^

There are some friends that also like it (I had no idea at first but thought oh well why hide, it's nothing to be ashamed of) and there are some people who know but they personally do not like it but they also don't care..

My mom knows that I like gays and that I read stories about them. She have seen it and from the way I sometimes talk it's quite easy to understand :D But I don't think she knows the extent of the yaoi manga I read.. ^^"

I share to my friends, and they give me the O.O look.

And will have to hide from my family if not i can imagine my dad burning my yaoi stuff right in front of my eyes!

almost everybody in my house and even my brother's friends know that I am quite fond to yaoi, everybody teases me all the time because of that...They don't really care, but sometimes my brother gives me this The-hell-are-you-reading-look when he sees me reading one...and I like reading my yaoi in private

I don't hide my love for yaoi...but there's one friend of my who is really dear to me...and well since she's a hard-core christian a part of me doesn't want to tell her about this hobby of my in fear of losing her friendship...o.o

Well I told my boyfriend about it so he knows and so does one of my best friends and I think my mother suspects it but I don't think she knows... ^^'

i only hide my yaoi addiction from my parents / other old relative / younger brother / other cousins

or as long as they're homophobe or narrow minded people... i tend to hide it from those people... tsk tsk tsk

I introduced a friend of mine to the wonderful genre of yaoi, so I can't say that I hide it.

But I usually don't talk much about it to others either.

If they want to talk about it, I have no problem doing so. :hamtaro-005 (5):

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't told any of my family or non-otaku friends yet, but one day in physics class I let it slip that I've read yaoi!:leaf13: but only the nerdy people in the class who also watch anime / read manga understood what it meant, and they were OK with it... though I haven't told them that I enjoy reading it, just that I have! I'm sure they'd be fine with it though... :leaf5:

• 3 months later...

i don't tell anyone about my yaoi obsession! only my little sister knows and she loves yaoi too! so other than her no one else knows :)

i hide it from my family cause there is no way in hell i would ever tell tham * embarrassing!! but my friends were the ones that first got me into it so we have discussions a lot of the time but there is no way i would tell anyone who didnt already no thats just far too weird and there are those weirdos out there who hate it soooo much and you never really no if that person is one of them!!:leaf9:

kkk. My mom knows about my addiction for yaoi. Actually, I watched Gravitation with her and she really enjoyed it (she cried at the end). My uncle saw a yaoi manga of mine and he started to laugh and tell me to teach him about the yaoi stuff. Hehe.

All of my friends know about it. Some of them think I'm creepy because I watch "that gay thing". But it's ok with me as long as they don't make fun of it or stuff.